Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1519176 times)

Offline BUSHMILLS

• PEBBLEHOUSE. Your auntie's agent provocateur.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never ask what's under his patio
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #5680 on: June 8, 2015, 01:44:07 am »
There have always been days when we booed the team off.  Being Anfield these were few and far between and always with just cause.   Nothing wrong with that. 

Name them, mate. I've been going to Anfield for 45 years and can only think of the infamous 0-1 against Wolves under Hodgson. Even then it was patchy.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5681 on: June 8, 2015, 02:03:59 am »
Name them, mate. I've been going to Anfield for 45 years and can only think of the infamous 0-1 against Wolves under Hodgson. Even then it was patchy.

If you have been going regularly for 45yrs you won't need me to remind you.    As I said in my previous post "these were few and far between",  don't pretend that the boo boys (and girls) don't frequent Anfield because they do,  might be once every 2-3 seasons but it does happen.
« Last Edit: June 8, 2015, 02:08:09 am by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5682 on: June 8, 2015, 09:47:30 am »
Stoke 0-0.

Booed off after going top of the league.
cyas

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #5683 on: June 8, 2015, 09:55:17 am »
Stoke 0-0.

Booed off after going top of the league.

It was West Ham I think if you're talking about 2009 but yeah, point still stands.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline armchair-fan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5684 on: June 8, 2015, 10:19:19 am »

I'm hardly ever at the match, as my username suggests, and even I have been at Anfield when the team has been booed off.  I remember being on the Kop for Wimbledon in 1996, and being quite shocked that they were booed off (I had bought into the 'we are different' idea up until that point).  And we hadn't even lost the game!  (a 1-1 draw after an opening goal from Collymore after about 30 seconds, and I had to cheat and look up who scored for them, none other than Oyvind Leonhardson!  According to lfchistory.net Wimbledon were 4th in the league after the result and we were 2nd, which seems bizarre nowadays.)
« Last Edit: June 8, 2015, 10:21:00 am by armchair-fan »

Offline MJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • Said It's High Green mate, Via Hillsborough please
« Reply #5685 on: June 10, 2015, 06:37:47 pm »

I remember the 2-1 defeat to Blackpool under Hodgson. That was dreadful both in terms of the boo's and the performance.
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MattyJohnson8

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5686 on: June 10, 2015, 09:08:23 pm »

I remember the 2-1 defeat to Blackpool under Hodgson. That was dreadful both in terms of the boo's and the performance.

Blackpool did the double over us didn't they ....

Bad times

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #5687 on: June 10, 2015, 09:15:30 pm »
It was West Ham I think if you're talking about 2009 but yeah, point still stands.

I was at that game and although I never booed I remember leaving the ground feeling unbelievably frustrated even though we were top of the league. Because I knew that game would probably come back to bite us on the arse. If we had just won two of the games we drew at Anfield against Hull, Stoke, West Ham, Man City or Everton we'd of won the league on goal difference. We were that close.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5688 on: June 10, 2015, 09:25:29 pm »

Liverpool v Wigan in 2012

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17412511

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=291559.0

But you've been going for 45 years and I guess you've just forgotten this one
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #5689 on: June 21, 2015, 10:24:18 am »
Best game for me this season, for many personal reasons, was the AFC Wimbledon away. Will stick in my mind all my life. I spent the second half just watching Gerrard, just after he said he was off. I knew then its doubtful i will ever see a red as good as that in my lifetime.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #5690 on: July 17, 2015, 01:36:05 pm »
Wasn't sure where to put this and couldn't see it on already (apologies if it is). I hadn't thought about this but FSF have written a letter already. Details in it... Can only hope it does some good!

This week, we wrote to the chairman, chief executives and supporter liaison officers at each of 20 Premier League clubs, urging them to spend an unexpected bonus on fans and cap away tickets prices at Ł20 - in line with our Twenty's Plenty campaign.

With Norwich City being promoted back to the Premier League at the first time of asking, their Ł24m worth of parachute payments are going straight back to the league's 20 clubs - each club receiving roughly Ł1.2m, which could easily fund a Ł20 away ticket price cap for 2015-16.

At this weekend's FSF AGM, delegates will vote on an emergency motion brought by The Blue Union demanding Premier League clubs do just that. See our letter to the clubs below, from FSF chief executive Kevin Miles...

Dear Premier League club,

On Monday 25th May Norwich City secured a quick return to the Premier League, beating Middlesbrough 2-0 in the Championship play-off final. The Canaries thus re-joined the Premier League and will enjoy all the financial benefits that brings.

As a result of their promotion the Canaries’ parachute payment, a reported Ł24m, will instead be shared amongst all top-flight clubs. This equates to Ł1.2m for each club, and we have an idea for how this unexpected windfall could be spent to benefit some of the game’s most loyal fans…
The Football Supporters’ Federation aims to work with clubs and help make football more affordable for fans – particularly those who follow their club on-the-road. Without away supporters we do not believe football would be the great live event that it is. Travelling fans are key to generating the atmosphere that home fans bounce off and vital to the spectacle that TV loves.

Premier League clubs receive billions in media deals and we firmly believe that away fans play a huge role in that. However, there are many barriers for the away supporter. Travel costs and ticket prices make following your team an expensive business – and away supporters also miss out on season ticket-related discounts and special offers.

One of our key campaigns is Twenty’s Plenty for Away Tickets which was launched in 2013 and aims to make football more affordable for travelling fans, preferably by capping tickets at Ł20. The contribution of away supporters is recognised but home fans do not miss out as they receive the same offer in the return fixture.

According to our calculations it would cost Ł20m to implement Twenty’s Plenty at every single Premier League fixture, an average cost of Ł1m per club. In the past we have been told that clubs budget in three year cycles, in alignment with the Premier League’s media deals, and therefore they could not account for an unanticipated Ł1m expenditure.

However, Norwich City’s promotion means that every single Premier League club received Ł1.2m that has not been budgeted to spend elsewhere. We would encourage every club to use this unexpected windfall to make football more affordable for one of the most loyal, hard-pressed groups in football – the travelling fan. Twenty’s Plenty for Away Supporters.

Yours faithfully,

Kevin Miles
FSF chief executive
- See more at: http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/twentys-plenty-parachute-money-norwich-city#sthash.mXVVRuuq.dpuf
We are a team of one half.

Offline TheSoundLady

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5691 on: August 2, 2015, 02:59:25 am »
Wasn't sure where to put this and couldn't see it on already (apologies if it is). I hadn't thought about this but FSF have written a letter already. Details in it... Can only hope it does some good!

This week, we wrote to the chairman, chief executives and supporter liaison officers at each of 20 Premier League clubs, urging them to spend an unexpected bonus on fans and cap away tickets prices at Ł20 - in line with our Twenty's Plenty campaign.

With Norwich City being promoted back to the Premier League at the first time of asking, their Ł24m worth of parachute payments are going straight back to the league's 20 clubs - each club receiving roughly Ł1.2m, which could easily fund a Ł20 away ticket price cap for 2015-16.

At this weekend's FSF AGM, delegates will vote on an emergency motion brought by The Blue Union demanding Premier League clubs do just that. See our letter to the clubs below, from FSF chief executive Kevin Miles...
- See more at: http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/twentys-plenty-parachute-money-norwich-city#sthash.mXVVRuuq.dpuf

What a wonderful idea and a great campaign.

I would be absolutely shocked if it happens. These businesses put money over everything else, and taking care of the fans is about 168th on the list of priorities.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5692 on: August 9, 2015, 08:07:51 pm »
Sounded pretty subdued throughout but fucking great scenes once the goal went in. :D

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5693 on: August 9, 2015, 08:11:02 pm »
Sounded pretty subdued throughout but fucking great scenes once the goal went in. :D
Yeah mate, it kicked-off wonderfully once we'd scored.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5695 on: August 9, 2015, 10:31:45 pm »

I thought our supporters carried on getting behind the team despite it being very frustrating for most of the match.  It wasn't exceptionally loud until we scored but we stayed behind the team throughout with a lot of the simple, straight forward chants and a half decent attempt of poor scouser Tommy.  If our home support was half that of today I couldn't really complain.  Was boss after we scored though.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #5696 on: August 10, 2015, 12:26:36 am »
Well put Stephen.

My mate who went said concourse was bouncing as usual with the Gary Mac song.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #5697 on: August 10, 2015, 08:19:22 am »
PST was sung several times where we were behind the goal in the lower half. And others. Match was boring at times and I could see it ending 0-0 for a while but we were generally pretty positive I thought, apart from a few having a go, but some always do. ::)
But overall pretty good.

Watched Firmino watching us all when Phil scored and he was just staring with the biggest grin on his face - just seemed amazed. Not sure if it was the smoke bomb or what. :D

Decent day though - sunshine, no cold wind blowing in the ground and three points! Not like Stoke at all!

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #5698 on: August 10, 2015, 09:18:52 am »
Sounded class when the goal went in!

After hearing Rob Gutmann's experience of the day with the filthy stewards, even more delighted!

Phil was loving it too!

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5699 on: August 10, 2015, 11:10:24 am »
Match was boring at times and I could see it ending 0-0 for a while but we were generally pretty positive I thought, apart from a few having a go, but some always do. ::)

The first moan I heard was after (I think) our fourth touch of the ball of the season (aimed at Henderson for knocking it wide straight from KO). One bloke was slating Mignolet all game as well, I think for taking too long with the ball in his hands. I counted a grand total of once where he should have played it quicker, but from the way this fella was going on you'd think he held the ball for a fortnight every time he got it.

Offline ArchieC

• Legacy Fan
  • Once a Red Always a Red WE BLEED RED!!
« Reply #5700 on: August 10, 2015, 11:16:56 am »
Brilliant away support as always!  Well done and a deserved reward from our magician.
We all bleed RED!!

Offline Matze_LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We go again!
« Reply #5701 on: August 10, 2015, 11:42:16 am »
Watched Firmino watching us all when Phil scored and he was just staring with the biggest grin on his face - just seemed amazed. Not sure if it was the smoke bomb or what. :D

Well he must have been amazed beeing used to 300 away supporters at hoffenheim and then seeing and hearing our travelling kop  :)

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #5702 on: August 10, 2015, 02:15:29 pm »
I wondered if that was the case. Don't know anything about their fans.He should be in for a few surprises then...... Maybe not at Arsenal but then United :D Let's hope it makes him even more determined to score!!

Offline TheSoundLady

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5703 on: August 10, 2015, 06:00:29 pm »
https://twitter.com/Michael___Owen/status/630434504054833152?s=08

I love so much that I am a Liverpool fan. It's like being married to the best looking, nicest and most fun person on earth. And you look at everyone else's partners who might make more money or take them on more holidays and you aren't even the least bit jealous because you have it all, things that nobody else could ever understand.

This video reminded me of that concept for some reason.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #5704 on: August 10, 2015, 06:10:17 pm »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5705 on: August 10, 2015, 06:13:38 pm »
Stoke fans not impressed http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/246643/liverpool-support

Snide jabs about Hillsborough the fucking shithouse mutants
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline TheSoundLady

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5706 on: August 10, 2015, 06:16:24 pm »
Stoke fans not impressed http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/246643/liverpool-support

They're a nasty lot, and very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very bitter that they lost 0-1 on opening day, obviously.

We're still the most successful club in British history and the most successful British club in European history too. Expect this kind of hate. Ignore it. None of the top 6 clubs have very loud home atmospheres anymore sadly. But when we were in the title race, you will never see a more rabid home stadium in any league anywhere in the world than Anfield was for those few months in 2014.

And our travelling support are some of the best there is, Stoke fans are just looking for a fight as always. I went in with the home Stoke fans during the 1-2 loss to Liverpool in the League Cup. Atmosphere was average. All you heard for the whole 90 mins was the travelling Kop.

Offline TheSoundLady

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5707 on: August 10, 2015, 06:18:11 pm »
Snide jabs about Hillsborough the fucking shithouse mutants

Anytime you're using Hillsborough for points-scoring, you're a pretty sad human being. Ignore them. Let them be pathetic and enjoy their ride down to the Championship on the precious Welsh Dragon. They showed their true colours when they fired Tony Pulis: the man that built the club. As much as I don't like him, he should never have gone. They're going to reap what they sow and we'll see them back in the Prem in maybe 2060 if we're lucky.

And if the lad thinks he won't see us win the Prem in his lifetime, he must be very very old :)

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #5708 on: August 10, 2015, 08:15:42 pm »
Atmosphere before the game was just 100x better than in May, the concourse was bouncing for at least half hour/ 45 minutes before the game. Songs were going all through the game but the volume only really got going when we scored. Stoke fans were more arsed about taking the piss out of one of our fans wearing a hat asking if he had a pie or 2 under there.

Couple of Stewards near the goal were a bit arsey with our fans celebrating especially one who spent most of his time try to chat the woman next to him up and were pushing them back.
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5709 on: August 10, 2015, 09:35:18 pm »
Sounded class when the goal went in!

After hearing Rob Gutmann's experience of the day with the filthy stewards, even more delighted!

Phil was loving it too!

Heard about this on the podcast post match. I was speaking to him, Paul and his son just minutes before they made their way in and by no means was Rob a cause for concern for anyone. Actually can go so far as to say I can't recall him ever being one. The police on the way in, bar one idiot on a motorbike without manners, were fine so why the stewards had issues is beyond me... then again, it is Stoke :)

Next time he should go in with me. I'm as inconspicuous as they get and can never be spotted out as "Looking Different" from the crowd :D

Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5710 on: August 11, 2015, 03:03:52 pm »
One thing I did like at Stoke though, and I've never noticed being able to do this before at Stoke (didn't go last season), was being able to go out at half time. 

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5711 on: August 11, 2015, 03:06:09 pm »

Can't even be arsed to read this.  Their fans are shite and always have been, not arsed what they think of us. 

Offline apassant77

• Kopite
« Reply #5712 on: August 11, 2015, 06:57:41 pm »
Absolute wankers as always

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5713 on: August 11, 2015, 09:29:19 pm »
Someone's put this video on from the away end which is pretty cool :)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9r27DbESBRk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9r27DbESBRk</a>

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5714 on: August 11, 2015, 09:59:47 pm »
Supercool. hope all 44000 get their phones out for the bournemouth game
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Online swoopy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5715 on: August 11, 2015, 10:09:50 pm »
Supercool. hope all 44000 get their phones out for the bournemouth game

:P

Will you take the lead?

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5716 on: August 11, 2015, 10:16:03 pm »
Someone's put this video on from the away end which is pretty cool :)

Do people just stand there with their phones out recording every time the ball comes into the opponent's half? Just so they can upload a video and get loads of views on the internet, I just don't get it. Last thing I am thinking about doing when Liverpool are attacking is whipping my phone out  :o

Last minute winner and he's stood there rotating his phone to get a good view of the crowd  :butt  :butt
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5717 on: August 11, 2015, 10:23:47 pm »
:P

Will you take the lead?

i usually leave at 80 minutes, so most likely no
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
  • Of the glory, round the fields, of Anfield Road!
« Reply #5718 on: August 11, 2015, 10:41:01 pm »
I love so much that I am a Liverpool fan. It's like being married to the best looking, nicest and most fun person on earth. And you look at everyone else's partners who might make more money or take them on more holidays and you aren't even the least bit jealous because you have it all, things that nobody else could ever understand.

This video reminded me of that concept for some reason.

Couldn't put this into words better than that. Living outside Liverpool, there are even more reasons to feel like this. What we have, most don't even realise they don't.
I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside… Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
  • Of the glory, round the fields, of Anfield Road!
« Reply #5719 on: August 11, 2015, 10:50:38 pm »
They're a nasty lot, and very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very bitter that they lost 0-1 on opening day, obviously.

We're still the most successful club in British history and the most successful British club in European history too. Expect this kind of hate. Ignore it. None of the top 6 clubs have very loud home atmospheres anymore sadly. But when we were in the title race, you will never see a more rabid home stadium in any league anywhere in the world than Anfield was for those few months in 2014.

And our travelling support are some of the best there is, Stoke fans are just looking for a fight as always. I went in with the home Stoke fans during the 1-2 loss to Liverpool in the League Cup. Atmosphere was average. All you heard for the whole 90 mins was the travelling Kop.

This is not all good though. It was amazing and I will bring it with me to the grave. But why do we not have atmospheres like that more often?
I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside… Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.