Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
It is a double edged sword though.

Their strength is getting the centre backs forward and loading the box for set pieces.

Our strength is pressing and winning the ball. If you have a 8 v 1 foul count after 30 minutes then what happens is pretty inevitable. They get to load the box we can't gegenpress.
I do agree we were up against it having to face so many poor decisions that led to some of these situations. However We have seemed unable to adjust to things during the game (at least outside of HT) for a while. And we have experienced players who should be able to do this. We must compete & adjust better than we do at times whatever we are facing
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Last post by collytum on Today at 11:26:31 pm »
We were Unlikely to win it before the Everton game, absolutely out of it now. The last month has been an absolute disgrace from the players, hardly any of them get any credit.
The problem is, it's also getting into the players' and manager's head when this keeps happening almost every fucking week to various degrees, today being one of the more blatant ones. You saw it with Klopp in the first half when he was just talking to Hooper twice for half a minute and Hooper was just standing there with his bland look. You saw it with Diaz towards the end when he was booked and you saw it with Mac looking absolutely baffled when he got booked in the same incident. It's just infuriating when you see our players in attack being slightly pushed, held or whatever and no freekick or advantage is given (=the ref didn't think it was a foul), when you see the roles being reversed and the opposition is getting freekicks for our players just getting close to them.

I agree, when you get next to nothing it's hard to keep going and it does start to get you in the head as well.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: PL: Eve 2 vs 0 Liverpool Bran 27’ Lewin 58’
« Last post by Smile01 on Today at 11:24:52 pm »
You haven't a fucking clue about football have you?
Stockdam has made a very good point!
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: PL: Eve 2 vs 0 Liverpool Bran 27’ Lewin 58’
« Last post by n00bert on Today at 11:24:48 pm »
I agree some of those free kicks we're soft, especially the one they end up scoring from, but given we couldn't keep the ball full stop or even remotely keep it in their half at that point I think we have more than the ref to look at in that regard.

One isn’t the same as the other though. Yeah you lose the ball and can’t keep it doesn’t mean you reward the opposition with their goal scoring weapon.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Virgil Van Dijk (Cpt)
« Last post by Gili Gulu on Today at 11:24:45 pm »
Pretty close to being the player who slipped furthest below his usual standards today. He was absolutely terrible. I don't think he won a contested header the whole game. Lost his composure due the Ref's antics, and didn't get it back. Completely lost the plot for the second goal.
I said this last season that we needed re-inventing and for a while, we looked like we had with the additions to the midfield, but we've just reverted to type and that's still the case - We've gone back to being far too predictable and far too easy to play against. We also look devoid of ideas.

We've ran out of steam and if truth be told, we've come to the next stage of our evolution. The past three weeks has shown that. Jurgen Klopp is an absolute genius. A legend. A one-of-a-kind and we all love him to the ends of the Earth, but he's made the decision to leave and now it is evident that we need the refresh. We need to move on as his way of doing things has come to an end and it's showing. Looking at him tonight, it looked like he genuinely didn't know what to do anymore. There was an air of resignation about him (excuse the pun) and that has inevitably transferred to the players. Felt absolutely gutted seeing him like that and for me, that was the worst thing about the whole debacle this evening - it rammed home that we've not got him anymore.

Anyway, despite all our fervent wishes and after clinging to every hope, we're obviously not going to win the league and have the party that we were denied a few years back, but my Christ, have we had some times over the past four years?! That's what must not be lost now, even though we are hurting as it's all ending rather limply. Jurgen - and more importantly the players that have been with us through those years - deserve nothing but our support and appreciation for what has been achieved but we should absolutely now be looking forward and getting excited about what comes next.

Losing 2-0 to that dross is of course hard to ignore, but fuck it we have to. This side (and Jurgen especially) has given us so much over the years. We have still got a pot in the cabinet as well, so not a completely barren time. I'll be fucked if I'm going to throw anyone under the bus after tonight, no matter how bad it was. We gave it one helluva shot but ultimately fell short. Let's celebrate what Jurgen Klopp has given us and have no backbiting, cuntishness or toy throwing. Bollocks to that.

"no backbiting, cuntishness or toy throwing"? You not been on RAWK before?  ;D
Would you call his signing a failure at this stage and move on

No absolutely not.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by Jake on Today at 11:24:16 pm »
Am I the only one who thinks he was a
10/10 balon dor superstar until he lost afcon and world cup to Senegal in a week and hasn't looked the same since.

Ooooh 12 non pen goals in the Prem. Big hoop so does Chris Wood let's get him.

Mo salah is now no longer good enough for lfc.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Last post by Studgotelli on Today at 11:23:29 pm »
Probably not gonna win the league (and probably not going to get that either)

But if we crack 80 points, with a trophy, I would say it is hard to call that a bad season

Yeah I agree. We’d need Arsenal and City to pretty much lose 2 of their remaining games. Unlikely but not impossible.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10