Author Topic: Rugby Union or League Debate  (Read 7723 times)

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
Re: Rugby Union or League Debate
« Reply #120 on: March 10, 2012, 02:37:42 pm »
Im a Union man really, being a Southerner i wasnt exposed to League as a kid other than the Challange cup final at Wembley in the 80's and early 90's. When Wigan were dominating that put me off a bit then.

I can enjoy watching a League game though and think both sports are good but i do prefer Union. Its at International level i much prefer Union but love a Great Britain v Australia League game. I have been to one league game and saw Great Britain v New Zealand at Ericsson stadium in Auckland in 1996.

Others have used Cricket as an analogy for both ill use Snooker. League is like a 100 plus break fast and quick and some love a frame like that. Union is a tactical frame a 67-65 win where the pionts seem harder and a tactical battle.

I enjoy both but love the tactical side of Union as i do in Snooker and love a close frame
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: March 10, 2012, 02:52:09 pm »
I'm a Union man, but my god the quality of the european game at club level (and to a certain extent) in recent years has been shocking.
You should have just said the Premiership.

Offline himynameisntmark

• itsalgernonmuckbucketjuniorthethird
  • Kopite
« Reply #122 on: March 10, 2012, 03:16:03 pm »
Interesting to hear Chris Ashton wouldnt mind coming back to Wigan....that being said he honestly wouldnt get into our 1st team