Author Topic: Why we should keep Lucas?  (Read 265141 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Why we should keep Lucas?
« Reply #880 on: January 9, 2011, 07:53:13 pm »
Played well today, gave his all (unlike Nando) and will be a fixture in any Kenny side.
Sorry, this is rubbish.

Torres was upfront on his own in a team with 10 men.

A thankless and exhausting job.

His confidence is shot to pieces quite clearly and we just need to support him.

Lucas was as ever a loyal and dedicated servant to the club.  He never hides and always commits.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline koppy

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #881 on: January 9, 2011, 07:53:58 pm »
I would sell if a offer of 8m + came in.

Thing is with Lucas for me both Rafa and now Roy are playing wrong. Said many a times that he should be allowed to get into the box more and express his football skills.

Ha, Lucas in the box........."cant hit a barn door" springs to mind. Scored a good goal last season, fair doos.

The guy is average at best, rated a t 8 mil........"hello!" thats pea nuts in todays money. That would buy you Xavi's small toe.

Keep him I aggree, can he get any better though?? Sadly NOOOOO!!!!
Played poorly today as well against a poor Utd midfield

Back to reality lads!!

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #882 on: January 9, 2011, 07:56:40 pm »

Ha, Lucas in the box........."cant hit a barn door" springs to mind. Scored a good goal last season, fair doos.

The guy is average at best, rated a t 8 mil........"hello!" thats pea nuts in todays money. That would buy you Xavi's small toe.

Back to reality lads!!
Desperately poor appraisal. 2/10.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #883 on: January 9, 2011, 07:57:01 pm »

Back to reality lads!!
He certainly wasn't poor.  He did give the ball away a couple of times, but was clearly our best midfielder.

To say the united midfield was poor is churlish as they are currently pissing the league.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Netherton Lad

• Anny Roader
  • Bit of a c*nt from Lunt (Avenue)
« Reply #884 on: January 9, 2011, 07:58:06 pm »
He's just not up to the standard of Alonso or Mascherano.

And I don't think he will be.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. He is Lucas Leiva, midfielder for Liverpool and Brazil and should be based on his own talents rather than being judged against someone else. He'll run through walls for this club, gets stuck in, keeps the ball moving and stands up for his team mates. He's come on leaps and bounds since he joined and I'm dead chuffed for the lad. Having said that, he's far from the finished article and I honestly don't see that happening until our captain hangs up his boots. I still think he's a little starstruck and looks for simpler balls to Steven Gerrard rather than try something even though he has it in him. On the Lucas bandwagon? Nah, been on it since he signed!

Offline Diomedieocre

• Well-dressed meat 'n veg.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow me, fuckface.
« Reply #885 on: January 9, 2011, 08:00:54 pm »

Back to reality lads!!

Nurse........get me the net, we have another one.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #886 on: January 9, 2011, 08:06:43 pm »
He was fucking solid today. For large stretches of the match, he was practically the only CM we had out there. Worked his socks off, kept recycling the ball, never panicked, and hardly gave the ball away all match.

Considering he was partnered with Raul (poor game, poor decisions), Gerrard (red card), and Shelvey (rookie), the fact that United's midfield didn't walk all over us was down mostly to him.

How can anyone argue with that?

He was caught out once in possession and he produced a couple of sloppy passes - neither of which Man Utd players could actually control - fortunately. But he was by far Liverpool's best midfielder. He's developing genuine authority. There were a couple of moments of beautiful skill where he carved space out of a crowded midfield by the simple expedient of feinting and checking. He switched play cleverly, despite having no realistic outlet on the right.

Those fans who complain he's no Mascherano are right. Mascher, for all his undeniable harrying talents, was never as composed or intelligent on the ball as Lucas. And never will be.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #887 on: January 9, 2011, 08:11:00 pm »
I'll go against the tide here and say that Lucas had his second real poor game of the season after Blackburn midweek but I put that down to fatigue mostly. Worked his bollocks off as usual but you could see times when he would make tackles usually that he didn't make today because the opposition was too quick for him. Lots of times the Man Utd players passed by him with ease, and when he made a pass forward he would just stop running and stay on the spot to gain a breather, instead of running forward like he usually does.

He was better than Mereiles, mind you, who didn't help him at all defensively.

Lucas could do with a rest but now that Gerrard is out for 3 games, he probably won't.
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #888 on: January 9, 2011, 08:12:28 pm »

He was caught out once in possession and he produced a couple of sloppy passes - neither of which Man Utd players could actually control - fortunately. But he was by far Liverpool's best midfielder. He's developing genuine authority. There were a couple of moments of beautiful skill where he carved space out of a crowded midfield by the simple expedient of feinting and checking. He switched play cleverly, despite having no realistic outlet on the right.

Those fans who complain he's no Mascherano are right. Mascher, for all his undeniable harrying talents, was never as composed or intelligent on the ball as Lucas. And never will be.

Well said yorky mate.
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline liverbnz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #889 on: January 9, 2011, 08:13:12 pm »
Desperately poor appraisal. 2/10.

Generous
One thing you will discover is that life is based less than you think on what you've learned, and much more than you think on what you have inside you from the very beginning

Offline new-red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #890 on: January 9, 2011, 08:13:27 pm »
I've said it before and I'll say it again. He is Lucas Leiva, midfielder for Liverpool and Brazil and should be based on his own talents rather than being judged against someone else. He'll run through walls for this club, gets stuck in, keeps the ball moving and stands up for his team mates. He's come on leaps and bounds since he joined and I'm dead chuffed for the lad. Having said that, he's far from the finished article and I honestly don't see that happening until our captain hangs up his boots. I still think he's a little starstruck and looks for simpler balls to Steven Gerrard rather than try something even though he has it in him. On the Lucas bandwagon? Nah, been on it since he signed!

Previous years Lucas would hide in Gerrard's shadow but I don't see that being the case at all this year. He bypassed gerrard on a couple passes today for a better option. To his teammates, lucas has more than proved himself but he is still occupying the most defensive minded center mid position so he has to make sure he holds his position and will only get forward and join the attack in the final third if we have control over the game and won't be exposed by a counter.

the only way the comparisons will stop is if Lucas emerges in a top class CM playing his style. Until then people will want him to be alonso or masch when really he is a hybrid of the two. He doesn't as well as alonso, which puts him in a group of 5.9b people, and he doesn't tackle as well as masch but he passes and tackles very well which makes him a more dynamic DM/HM and allows him to be effective all over the pitch whereas Xabi felt far more comfortable in deeper positions as well as masch who didn't get forward with geat effect. Also, Lucas has the positional sense of Alonso which means he rarely has to make a last ditch tackle a la mascherano who finds himself running to all corners of the pitch to close down the opponent. Additionally, he rarely gets yellow cards unlike masch who got almost all of his yellows on mistimed sliding tackles whereas lucas may commit fouls which disrupt the attack but they are usually very benign and therefore unworthy of a card in a referee's eyes which allows him to be aggressive for 90 minutes.
http://redsacrossthepond.blogspot.com/

My LFC blog. If you read it, please leave me any feedback regardless of whether it is critical or complimentary.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #891 on: January 9, 2011, 08:14:22 pm »
Nurse........get me the net, we have another one.

he sounds pissed to me
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #892 on: January 9, 2011, 08:15:33 pm »
Thought he had a shaky start and gave the ball away a few times, but really game into his own as the match progressed.  He was a composed, calming influence in the midfield and seemed to always have a yard of space.  Great job today.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline bam09

• Brexiteer who lives in Canada. Is alright Jack...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #893 on: January 9, 2011, 08:18:16 pm »
One thing I like about Lucas is that whenever he gives away the ball with an inherent pass, he always goes and gets the ball right back. He doens't sit there and mope or look to the sky, he goes right at the player or cuts off the obvious passing lane and collects the ball. He did this on about 4 or 5 occasions today.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #894 on: January 9, 2011, 08:19:04 pm »
Previous years Lucas would hide in Gerrard's shadow but I don't see that being the case at all this year. He bypassed gerrard on a couple passes today for a better option. To his teammates, lucas has more than proved himself but he is still occupying the most defensive minded center mid position so he has to make sure he holds his position and will only get forward and join the attack in the final third if we have control over the game and won't be exposed by a counter.

the only way the comparisons will stop is if Lucas emerges in a top class CM playing his style. Until then people will want him to be alonso or masch when really he is a hybrid of the two. He doesn't as well as alonso, which puts him in a group of 5.9b people, and he doesn't tackle as well as masch but he passes and tackles very well which makes him a more dynamic DM/HM and allows him to be effective all over the pitch whereas Xabi felt far more comfortable in deeper positions as well as masch who didn't get forward with geat effect. Also, Lucas has the positional sense of Alonso which means he rarely has to make a last ditch tackle a la mascherano who finds himself running to all corners of the pitch to close down the opponent. Additionally, he rarely gets yellow cards unlike masch who got almost all of his yellows on mistimed sliding tackles whereas lucas may commit fouls which disrupt the attack but they are usually very benign and therefore unworthy of a card in a referee's eyes which allows him to be aggressive for 90 minutes.

If 87-88 were any guide, Dalglish probably rates him far more than those who criticise him for not being Alonso or Mascherano.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline talklfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #895 on: January 9, 2011, 08:24:37 pm »
Who was it on here who said that Lucas is a good baramoeter for Liverpool fans. Those who understand his importance know football while those who cant see it don't?

Never a truer word spoken. I guess the grief is coming from a lot of young fans who only understand the flair player at this point in their lives. They'll grow up and learn though. Let's face it, how many of us really understood football when we were kids?

Offline Zverko

• Kopite
  • keep it simple stupid
« Reply #896 on: January 9, 2011, 08:26:40 pm »
Lucas is a better CM then Meireles and we paid almost 11m for him. Younger also.  And I like Raul, btw.
The King: "The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here"

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #897 on: January 9, 2011, 08:27:00 pm »

Back to reality lads!!

Wow. Insightful.

Offline tea_tree

• oily and antiseptic.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #898 on: January 9, 2011, 08:28:38 pm »

Back to reality lads!!

*koppy's Report card reads: Must do better next time
"At Liverpool I have never pulled back, I also went to war together with my fans"

Rafa Benitez

Offline new-red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #899 on: January 9, 2011, 08:29:11 pm »

I noticed that too. Very xavi-esque, I didn't want to bring it up for fear of people jumping all over the comparison.

However, it is a clear example of him growing into the team. In previous years he would have just passed it quickly to a nearby teammate to get out of danger but here he stayed so composed and confident as he created space for himself to allow him to survey all his options and make the best pass. That is such a valuable skill and is a large part of what makes Xavi untouchable in CM. He always finds space in traffic which allows him to draw defenders and then pass to vacated spaces. Most of the time when Xavi evades a defender the play opens up as the pursuing defender is now out of position.

If lucas can add that little bit of technical skill to his game then it will only serve to facilitate his game and make it easier to control the game.

I became more encouraged after seeing that as it shows hes growing more and more confident in his ability and it means he still has a ways to go before he is the finished article as that was just a tiny bit of skill to buy some space. It also shows that he would be fine playing closer to the box as he can maneuver in tighter areas and find a good pass.

My LFC blog. If you read it, please leave me any feedback regardless of whether it is critical or complimentary.

Offline new-red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #900 on: January 9, 2011, 08:35:30 pm »
Who was it on here who said that Lucas is a good baramoeter for Liverpool fans. Those who understand his importance know football while those who cant see it don't?

Never a truer word spoken. I guess the grief is coming from a lot of young fans who only understand the flair player at this point in their lives. They'll grow up and learn though. Let's face it, how many of us really understood football when we were kids?

well Rafa Benitez said it himself during that time where lucas was getting unrelenting stick for his performances. I'm fairly new to football having only watched it for 4 years and so in his first few seasons I liked the way he played but people had differing opinions so I just figured it was down to preference and then Benitez came out with that and that's when I started questioning the prevailing attitudes on lucas. It was quite funny as I'm American born and bred and my cousins are english and they taught me the game but a year ago I was in england for a wedding with them and I was arguing against all of them over Lucas' quality and they said I knew nothing and then I recieved the greatest phone call after the Chelsea game.

Lol. Lucas really is a test of a person's understanding of football. He doesn't do the flashy things because flashy often means risky or unnecessarily difficult and therefore useless when trying to use the ball efficiently and keep possesion.

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #901 on: January 9, 2011, 08:47:23 pm »
I guess the grief is coming from a lot of young fans who only understand the flair player at this point in their lives. They'll grow up and learn though. Let's face it, how many of us really understood football when we were kids?

No. I don't think this is the case. I've seen a lot of older fans (including my dad) criticise Lucas needlessly during games as if they were getting paid to do it.
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline reds9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #902 on: January 9, 2011, 09:01:01 pm »
Lucas had a good game, can't stressed how impress I am by his improvement this season.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #903 on: January 9, 2011, 09:03:38 pm »
No. I don't think this is the case. I've seen a lot of older fans (including my dad) criticise Lucas needlessly during games as if they were getting paid to do it.

There's an excerpt from Jonathan Wilson's book in the level 3 thread where Shankly and Paisley describe the change in the way Liverpool played football, and Paisley noted how long it took for the supporters to come round to their way of thinking. The kind of football they wanted Liverpool to play, which Lucas plays, isn't the kind which is immediately impressive, and it doesn't call attention to the individual. But get enough of the team playing that type of football, and they're more effective than a collection of gifted individuals. It requires the observer to first accept that there is a vision, and secondly to buy into that vision. If the whole team buys into that and is capable of it, the result is the most beautiful thing in football, a team playing pass and move. At that point, even the most sceptical observer can see there is something to be seen. The less observant ones won't have seen the lead up to it though.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline new-red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #904 on: January 9, 2011, 09:41:00 pm »
There's an excerpt from Jonathan Wilson's book in the level 3 thread where Shankly and Paisley describe the change in the way Liverpool played football, and Paisley noted how long it took for the supporters to come round to their way of thinking. The kind of football they wanted Liverpool to play, which Lucas plays, isn't the kind which is immediately impressive, and it doesn't call attention to the individual. But get enough of the team playing that type of football, and they're more effective than a collection of gifted individuals. It requires the observer to first accept that there is a vision, and secondly to buy into that vision. If the whole team buys into that and is capable of it, the result is the most beautiful thing in football, a team playing pass and move. At that point, even the most sceptical observer can see there is something to be seen. The less observant ones won't have seen the lead up to it though.

Lucas came into a very difficult situation in terms of winning the fans over. He had Steven Gerrard the producer of far too many "how the fuck did he do that?" moments so any other player looks very ordinary in comparison. then you have the classiest CM in the world in Alonso who loves taking the piss out of goalies from 50 yards and passed the ball 60 yards down the wing onto someones foot with suspect regularity. And last but not least you have a tazmanian devil of a DM who is so tiny and fast and covers the whole pitch you would have to be closing your eyes to not notice him.

And then you have lucas, a player who is so positionally sound that fans don't think hes doing anything while he actively making sure he can cover passing lanes and spaces in behind which to the casual observer looks like he is just standing on the pitch waiting for the opponent to make a move.

And then he utilizes a short passing game which our side rendered completely ineffective by being as stagnant and rigid as a piece of cardboard. In fact if you put pieces of cardboard in riera's and kuyt's places on the wings you could accurately recreate a spell of possession by having lucas hit passes of these cardboard boxes who then give them back while they stand there not moving into space. The passing tempo was so slow at times last year that the defense barely had to move. Xabi spoiled our side rotten.

It took a very assertive and aggressive CM to come in and hold the sides hand as he forced them to move into space with his short pass and move game that forced a fluid attack onto the side. When maxi was in the same side they played fantastic stuff since both maxi and aquilani are natural movers which suited gerrard and lucas who both move off the ball well.

Lucas' style of player largely goes unnoticed in the team, which is the whole point of it really, as the team is supposed to work as one unit. However, the world class players who use this system tend to be the focal point of the attack like Xavi who is the axis by which barca rotates. everything goes through him so there is no way you can ignore his contribution, it also helps that he's technically brilliant and possesses the best passing vision which takes the pass and move style to its apex with him running it. However, busquests passes and moves as well and is a fantastic player but is very overshadowed by the leader of the orchestra.

If Lucas is to gain popular consensus of his quality he would have to be running the show and involved constantly or else people won't remember his performances in games because they are looking for individual moments of brilliance rather than collective team efforts because they require far less critical thinking and processing. No one has to analyze gerrard's olympikos goal to see its quality. It's a goal that will never be forgotten. Whereas with lucas, he rarely produces a singular spectacular event because he is focused on the overall picture. His performances are a brick wall. If you looked at each brick individually you would be hardpressed to find defining or unique characteristics because each brick is just building towards something bigger and only when you stand back and analyze the whole performance before can you really comment on lucas.

Offline vader90

• Legacy Fan
  • The eternal optimist - Everything happens for good
« Reply #905 on: January 9, 2011, 09:46:50 pm »
Lucas is one of the few all round CM's in the game today at his age. You mostly have those players who have speciality skills on the pitch these days and less of his kind. Darren Fletcher who had a very good game today IMO represents one of those few.

In many ways he reminds me of Ambrosini, Parlour and the likes.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2011, 09:53:55 pm by vader90 »
Roll up, roll up for the Liverpool FC circus, in town every fucking week.

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #906 on: January 9, 2011, 09:53:20 pm »

Great point. I loved Mascherano in our system. But when it became clear he wanted to go, we should have gotten more for him. It's criminal that we played poker against Barca with them having seen our KK in the hole, and them holding JT, and we folded.

To pluck a player from West Ham's bench and oversee his development into the captain of Argentina and then sell him for no profit in a World Cup year is criminal. Say what you want about Rafa's tactics, but the fat bastard was one hell of a negotiator compared to Christian fucking Purslow.

God how I hate that man.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #907 on: January 9, 2011, 09:55:29 pm »
It took a very assertive and aggressive CM to come in and hold the sides hand as he forced them to move into space with his short pass and move game that forced a fluid attack onto the side. When maxi was in the same side they played fantastic stuff since both maxi and aquilani are natural movers which suited gerrard and lucas who both move off the ball well.

Imagine if Dalglish had been appointed in the summer rather than Hodgson. He'd have a pre-season with the players before any competitive games. Everyone would be starting on 0 points. And Insua and Aquilani would still be part of the squad. I hate Purslow.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #908 on: January 9, 2011, 10:00:46 pm »
Great point. I loved Mascherano in our system. But when it became clear he wanted to go, we should have gotten more for him. It's criminal that we played poker against Barca with them having seen our KK in the hole, and them holding JT, and we folded.

To pluck a player from West Ham's bench and oversee his development into the captain of Argentina and then sell him for no profit in a World Cup year is criminal. Say what you want about Rafa's tactics, but the fat bastard was one hell of a negotiator compared to Christian fucking Purslow.

God how I hate that man.

I looked on the Liverpool directors page, and I found an entry for C.M.C. Purslow. Does C.M.C. stand for Championship Manager Cecil?
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline El Campeador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #909 on: January 9, 2011, 10:01:52 pm »
Darren Fletcher who had a very good game today IMO represents one of those few.

Fletcher getting carded and then being subbed for Anderson had me out my seat. The midfield opened up when that overpriced idiot Anderson came on, immediately got booked, and started gifting us possession.

Eighteen fucking million they paid for Anderson; when he burst into our area with his Denilson at the airport impression, I shat my pants laughing. Can you imagine Lucas doing that? Leiva's coolness personified - his positioning, control and footballing brain are Brazilian, not his silly Predator swagger.

Offline El Campeador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #910 on: January 9, 2011, 10:02:24 pm »
I looked on the Liverpool directors page, and I found an entry for C.M.C. Purslow. Does C.M.C. stand for Championship Manager Cecil?

Cecil'd get relegated managing Real Madrid on grandmother level, he's that shit.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #911 on: January 9, 2011, 10:21:12 pm »

Very true that, it's like if you watch boxing as a kid and don't understand why they don't just beat crap out of each other, non stop haymakers etc, or cricket, where you don't understand why the batters don't just constantly smack the ball all over the place. Though that said there's people who watch football all the time, or claim to, who still don't seem to get it at all.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #912 on: January 9, 2011, 10:22:40 pm »
Fletcher getting carded and then being subbed for Anderson had me out my seat. The midfield opened up when that overpriced idiot Anderson came on, immediately got booked, and started gifting us possession.

Eighteen fucking million they paid for Anderson; when he burst into our area with his Denilson at the airport impression, I shat my pants laughing. Can you imagine Lucas doing that? Leiva's coolness personified - his positioning, control and footballing brain are Brazilian, not his silly Predator swagger.
To be fair to Anderson though it's only in Fungus head that he's a CM/DM in the Lucas mould - he made his name as an AM at Porto and I personally don't get at all why he's never seemingly been given any time there.

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #913 on: January 9, 2011, 10:45:53 pm »
Thought Lucas looked knackered after the Blackburn game personally. Still the best of our center mids today for me but he looked shattered at times and was maybe a notch below some of his recent performances.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #914 on: January 9, 2011, 11:00:33 pm »
Thought Lucas looked knackered after the Blackburn game personally. Still the best of our center mids today for me but he looked shattered at times and was maybe a notch below some of his recent performances.

That´s true. He needs a rest. Maybe the Blackpool game is off anyway because of the snow?
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline mulhergremista

• Kopite
« Reply #915 on: January 9, 2011, 11:04:56 pm »
You all need to get on twitter to reply to this moron @StaffyWaffy

After todays performance  no-one can deny Lucas's  effort , even if not a fan.  Yet this moron send's numerous tweets to Lucas saying:

Just watched last Liverpool game, the ref actually worked harder than @LucasLeiva87.. get rid of the little pile of shite.

@LucasLeiva87 is Shit !!!

@LucasLeiva87 if this is the real Lucas then can you please get out of Anfield... you`re useless crap !!!
  I sent him some pieces of my mind, now I am expecting his "pearls" in return

He has no other tweets, just abuse

He should be banned, he is a very sick person who must be locked up in an asilum..   Some poor sucker that can not bear to see somebody pure (was called the kid of light in Gremio)  that get support, and more so from females.

Anybody can send him some worm??

Offline JWAlonso

• Kopite
« Reply #916 on: January 9, 2011, 11:06:47 pm »
I hope fans get off his back, and support him. He was solid today, and yes he did make some mistakes but he is 24. No were near his prime years. Today, I was impressed with he took a touch, looked up and played the ball out wide, or forward. He does the short passes when needed, and he knows when to do the long passes. Compare this to Gerrard who always tries to do the hollywood ball, when a simple 5 yard pass is better.
"At The End Of The Storm, There Is A Golden Sky"

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #917 on: January 9, 2011, 11:09:23 pm »
Anybody can send him some worm??
No need - he already has a tiny, useless worm - namely his penis.

Offline IanMac

• Oldest under 16 in the Halliwell Jones
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #918 on: January 9, 2011, 11:10:15 pm »
That´s true. He needs a rest. Maybe the Blackpool game is off anyway because of the snow?
No chance of that. For me, the next 2 games are Lucas' and our most important of the season.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #919 on: January 9, 2011, 11:11:19 pm »
Lucas worked his socks off today and it didn't help he and Raul had to hold the midfield when Gerrard got sent off. Our game plan went out the window once the Howard Webb show started at the start of the match.

This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc