Author Topic: LFC sign Mamadou Sakho  (Read 306500 times)

Offline Halcyon Lissome

• Scallion Homeys, Miscellany Shoo or Nicholas Mosely?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • “We murdered them 0-0.”
Re: LFC sign Mamadou Sakho
« Reply #1240 on: October 9, 2013, 02:26:19 pm »
Agger's got more chance of coming in for Sakho I think. Kolo's our best player in that area of the park. And he's a proper winner - we need him to start every game he can, just like Gerrard, Suarez, Sturridge and Mignolet.

Agree with this. Kolo has to start. I think he and Agger are our best known pairing; but I wouldn't mind seeing Kolo and Sakho pair up once we get Johnson and Coutinho back.
★              ★              ★              ★              ★
The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1241 on: October 9, 2013, 02:30:38 pm »
Agree with this. Kolo has to start. I think he and Agger are our best known pairing; but I wouldn't mind seeing Kolo and Sakho pair up once we get Johnson and Coutinho back.
Dare to dream. Seriously... When Coutinho and Johnson are back, someone will end up injured

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #1242 on: October 9, 2013, 06:31:36 pm »
Unlike Sakho and his weird Djimi Traore moment on the goal-line.

Mignolet got a touch on that ball, that's why it was so awkward for Sakho.
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline hollger

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1243 on: October 9, 2013, 06:59:01 pm »
Julien Laurens ‏@LaurensJulien 8h
Mamadou Sakho:"Monsieur Gerrard has really impressed me. He speaks with a bit of a german accent but I have my translator, Kolo Touré." #lfc
 Retweeted by Gabriele Marcotti

Offline bobo696

• Boys Pen
    • Official Liverpool FC Supporters - French Branch
« Reply #1244 on: October 9, 2013, 07:07:24 pm »
Great guy and is going to be boss for us!

Do we have a song for him?
An easy one and sounds good in my mind :

To the tune of "from Paris to Berlin"
From Paris to anfield
Mamadou sacko moved in
He is defending us! Defending us!

Who tries it at the next game? :-P
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1245 on: October 9, 2013, 07:15:23 pm »
Great guy and is going to be boss for us!

Do we have a song for him?
An easy one and sounds good in my mind :

To the tune of "from Paris to Berlin"
From Paris to anfield
Mamadou sacko moved in
He is defending us! Defending us!

Who tries it at the next game? :-P

You, on your own before you're ejected?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1246 on: October 9, 2013, 09:15:06 pm »
Its early days for me... I'll judge him at the end of the Season. I want to see him tested, up against a fast attacker. My current pairing at the back however would be Toure and Agger... but that all depends how the pairing 'bonds'...

Offline haste

• Main Stander
  • actually likes the third kit
« Reply #1247 on: October 9, 2013, 09:56:47 pm »
My vote for his song is still a take on the Talking Heads song posted a few pages back.

"Sakho killer, qu'est que ce?
fa fa fa fa fa, fa fa fa fa [not sure on the second line]
you better, run run run run run run run awwwaaaaay"

Offline spinaltapped

• Flesh tuxedo?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Rico Suavez
« Reply #1248 on: October 9, 2013, 10:48:14 pm »
My vote for his song is still a take on the Talking Heads song posted a few pages back.

I like it a lot but instead of the 'fa's maybe MA, MA, MA, MA, MA, MA, MA, MA, MA, MAmadou

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #1249 on: October 9, 2013, 11:41:17 pm »
I'm staggered that the posters in here have already got Sakho replacing Agger.  Really?.

Sakho could be great. Maybe. One day.

But my word, how quickly we replace a proven great like Agger with hope and potential.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1250 on: October 9, 2013, 11:53:26 pm »
It's about having the skillset. Sakho is the first dominant aerial player we've had since Sami. And that's important for us I think. Instead of getting dominated by big strong Centre forwards suddenly our defence will be doing the dominating. And it's not as though he's a bad defender that he'd only be in the team because of his physique. He's very good at distributing the ball as well.

They'll all get plenty of opportunities though I think. Especially if the 3 at the back is going to continue.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #1251 on: October 10, 2013, 03:06:49 am »
We're gonna have a tough time fitting them all in. Nice situation to be in.
I think Sakho will turn out to be as good a defender on the ground as he's shown in the air, just the pace is a bit quicker for him. In all honesty, I didn't think he would have played as many games in such short space of time when he first signed, but that can only help speed up the bedding in process.
The guy has so much potential, no to mention the obvious physical attributes already there.

Offline BabsLFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #1252 on: October 10, 2013, 03:30:45 am »
Apart from his aerial dominance, ive been bloody impressed how he reads the play and intercepts passes... Cant wait till he properly settles, his good now imagine after a full season or two when his ... 25 years old lol (loved saying that)

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1253 on: October 10, 2013, 03:50:21 am »
Potentially the best premier league defender over the next decade.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #1254 on: October 10, 2013, 04:55:26 am »

That is brilliant!
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #1255 on: October 10, 2013, 09:49:29 am »
I'm staggered that the posters in here have already got Sakho replacing Agger.  Really?.

But my word, how quickly we replace a proven great like Agger with hope and potential.

It's pure logic.
1. Sakho is going to play, you don't pay that sort of money for defender and use him as a sub.
2. Touré is going to play because he is an organiser and an aggresive header of the ball.

Therefore, it's between Skrtel and Agger and Skrtel is in good form at the moment.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1256 on: October 10, 2013, 09:57:19 am »

Replace Sakho with Mignolet, and Agger with Reina. Reputations count for nothing when you start letting mistakes creep into your game. The players playing the best should start, therefore Agger is on the bench for the meantime until he starts performing again.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1257 on: October 10, 2013, 09:59:42 am »
You, on your own before you're ejected?
:lmao
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline subroc

• cut at you with a clipper? Gas Face given, I beg to differ.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1258 on: October 10, 2013, 10:42:22 am »
At times he has the gangly or coltish manner of Djimi Traore but he is a lot better in his passing and control of the ball. He has barely missed any of his passes so far. He is clearly the physically strongest of any of our CBs and the strongest in the air, and along with Toure the fastest as well.

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #1259 on: October 10, 2013, 10:44:25 am »
Replace Sakho with Mignolet, and Agger with Reina. Reputations count for nothing when you start letting mistakes creep into your game. The players playing the best should start, therefore Agger is on the bench for the meantime until he starts performing again.

Disagree. You play your best team, put the strongest Eleven on the pitch.

For me its Agger plus one at CB, and right now that one would be Kolo.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1260 on: October 10, 2013, 10:52:45 am »

So if Agger is costing us a goal or two every game you keep him in the team no matter what?

Offline rusty-la

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #1261 on: October 10, 2013, 10:56:08 am »
So if Agger is costing us a goal or two every game you keep him in the team no matter what?

When did he start doing that?

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1262 on: October 10, 2013, 10:59:40 am »
When did he start doing that?

I said if. So would you still play him then?

Offline rusty-la

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #1263 on: October 10, 2013, 11:00:19 am »
I said if. So would you still play him then?

That would be silly paddy.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1264 on: October 10, 2013, 11:06:14 am »
That would be silly paddy.

Exactly, so how can say " You play your best team, put the strongest Eleven on the pitch.". And disagree that players in bad form should be replaced by players in good form?

Agger isn't performing as well as the other 3 centrebacks at this moment in time so he shouldn't be on the pitch.

Offline rusty-la

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #1265 on: October 10, 2013, 11:07:34 am »
Exactly, so how can say " You play your best team, put the strongest Eleven on the pitch.". And disagree that players in bad form should be replaced by players in good form?

Agger isn't performing as well as the other 3 centrebacks at this moment in time so he shouldn't be on the pitch.

Great logic Pad.

If Agger starts costings us a goal a game you may even be right one day.

Offline LoubySoho

• Main Stander
« Reply #1266 on: October 10, 2013, 11:10:44 am »
Agger would still be in the team if he didn't  get injured. His performances haven't been any worst or better then any of the other 3.
I don't really understand this theory, he was good in the first 3 games and its not like the defence have cut out stupid mistake now Aggers not playing

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1267 on: October 10, 2013, 11:13:15 am »

Spot on.
Forget how much we paid for Sakho...it has no relevance on who gets picked. For me best pairing is Kolo and Agger... Then Kolo and Skrtel.
Sakho is strong and reads the game well. But he has made many mistakes, and I dont think he has the pace. Like I said earlier... Judge on how the season pans out...but for posters' to say things like "Potentially the best premier league defender over the next decade" is silly.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1268 on: October 10, 2013, 11:14:10 am »
Great logic Pad.

If Agger starts costings us a goal a game you may even be right one day.

Are you saying that I'm not being logical, and that you are?

You're saying the best 11 should play every single week, regardless of mistakes. Unless of course they make some arbitrary number of mistakes.  That goes completely against what you originally said  ???

Offline rusty-la

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #1269 on: October 10, 2013, 11:20:12 am »
Are you saying that I'm not being logical, and that you are?

You're saying the best 11 should play every single week, regardless of mistakes. Unless of course they make some arbitrary number of mistakes.  That goes completely against what you originally said  ???

I said you play your best 11. I stand by that.

You went off on a tangent about what if Agger was costing us a goal a game would I still select him?. I said no because that would be silly, wouldn't it Paddy?

Agger is the best CB at the club, for me if he is  fit (and obviously not scoring own goals with gay abandon every game) then he starts.

Back to Sakho, I expect him to become a great CB and form a partnership alongside Agger going forwards, I just think he needs time, he certainly has great potential.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1270 on: October 10, 2013, 12:22:44 pm »
I said you play your best 11. I stand by that.

You went off on a tangent about what if Agger was costing us a goal a game would I still select him?. I said no because that would be silly, wouldn't it Paddy?

Agger is the best CB at the club, for me if he is  fit (and obviously not scoring own goals with gay abandon every game) then he starts.

Back to Sakho, I expect him to become a great CB and form a partnership alongside Agger going forwards, I just think he needs time, he certainly has great potential.

But you're essentially saying that form doesn't matter except when it does. You can't have it both ways mate.

Agger has given away a really silly penalty this season, and he has continued his poor marking from corners. The 3 playing now have done nothing to be dropped, so it's upto Agger to impress when he nexts gets the chance. He shouldn't just be handed a place because of his name, regardless of form.

For me the players who are performing the best deserve to play. And right now Sakho has no issues on that front.

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #1271 on: October 10, 2013, 12:38:35 pm »
Sakho is a bit of a metaphor for our team this season.  Could be the real deal but could also end in tears...

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #1272 on: October 10, 2013, 12:45:37 pm »
Agger would still be in the team if he didn't  get injured. His performances haven't been any worst or better then any of the other 3.
I don't really understand this theory, he was good in the first 3 games and its not like the defence have cut out stupid mistake now Aggers not playing
That's what it means to take your chance, Skrtel waited; Kolo was injured for the ManU game and Skrtel took his chance. Agger got injured and Sakho took his chance. Now Agger has to wait for his chance to reclaim his place in the team.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline LoubySoho

• Main Stander
« Reply #1273 on: October 10, 2013, 12:54:29 pm »
That's fine and Agger will be back in the team when someone else is injured or BR feels he needs to change it up.

I just don't agree that Agger is in worst from than the others

Offline bas5times

• Anny Roader
  • Fickleness is not cool
  • Super Title: BANNED
« Reply #1274 on: October 10, 2013, 01:08:19 pm »
Agger's got more chance of coming in for Sakho I think. Kolo's our best player in that area of the park. And he's a proper winner - we need him to start every game he can, just like Gerrard, Suarez, Sturridge and Mignolet.

Sakho can already offer what Kolo has and then some. Maybe in the short term he is ahead but long term Agger and Sakho can be a brilliant partnership.

Offline Acapulco

• Main Stander
« Reply #1275 on: October 10, 2013, 02:07:27 pm »
Both excellent CB's without doubt. Just a small concern about them both being left footed.

Offline rusty-la

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #1276 on: October 10, 2013, 02:10:09 pm »
But you're essentially saying that form doesn't matter except when it does. You can't have it both ways mate.

Agger has given away a really silly penalty this season, and he has continued his poor marking from corners. The 3 playing now have done nothing to be dropped, so it's upto Agger to impress when he nexts gets the chance. He shouldn't just be handed a place because of his name, regardless of form.

For me the players who are performing the best deserve to play. And right now Sakho has no issues on that front.

F*ck me. OKay, given that his form is okay then Agger starts. That is the point Paddy. Is that clear?

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1277 on: October 10, 2013, 02:14:49 pm »
Sakho can already offer what Kolo has and then some. Maybe in the short term he is ahead but long term Agger and Sakho can be a brilliant partnership.

Toure's got years of experience, won league titles (once without losing a game), and knows what it takes to play for a top team at European level, with all those expectations. We need that in our side. Agger has some of that experience of course, Sakho doesn't really - yes, he's been captain of PSG, but they weren't on anyone's radar up until they won the lottery. And he got sidelined a bit after that anyway.

Kolo Toure has won PL titles. I think the importance of that experience is massive for not only our team, but club now. He's a senior player, a leader on the pitch, and an organiser of the defence. Sakho, Agger, Skrtel will learn a shitload from him. As will our senior players. When was the last time we had a player who knew what it took to win a league title? And he's actually still a top defender I think so it's not like the only reason he'd be getting in the side is because of his experience.

For me, Toure's the first name on the sheet when it comes to the defence. He just needs to be in the team in my opinion.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1278 on: October 10, 2013, 02:14:58 pm »
F*ck me. OKay, given that his form is okay then Agger starts. That is the point Paddy. Is that clear?

Ok so you've done a u-turn on your point and don't actually disagree with me then. Clear enough.

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1279 on: October 10, 2013, 04:12:31 pm »
 ;D ;D