Author Topic: The Aussie Thread  (Read 330946 times)

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Aussie Thread
« Reply #4000 on: August 4, 2016, 08:51:47 am »
Any of you guys in Melbourne? Just arrived yesterday. Also, what's the best place to watch Liverpool matches here?
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4001 on: August 4, 2016, 08:57:44 am »
Any of you guys in Melbourne? Just arrived yesterday. Also, what's the best place to watch Liverpool matches here?

Not in Melbourne, but the best place to catch games is at the Imperial opposite the Parliament. Need to get in early though as it gets packed on most match days.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Halibut-Thumb

• I apologise for my shit user name and piss-poor spelling. You know, my friends and family tell me they are surprised I couldn't think of anything better. Ah well, such is life.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • Lesbian ham?
« Reply #4002 on: August 6, 2016, 05:14:47 pm »
anyone watching the match with this new optus shit? How's it going for ya?
In Soviet Russia, fish fingers you.

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4003 on: August 7, 2016, 10:19:18 am »
Not in Melbourne, but the best place to catch games is at the Imperial opposite the Parliament. Need to get in early though as it gets packed on most match days.

Thanks man! Won't the matches be on here super early morning or like at 2 am?

Any of you clowns in Melbourne and up for drinks, lemme know. First rounds on me....maybe.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4004 on: August 7, 2016, 01:37:08 pm »
Thanks man! Won't the matches be on here super early morning or like at 2 am?

Any of you clowns in Melbourne and up for drinks, lemme know. First rounds on me....maybe.

Yeah. It's usually dead bang in the middle of the night. Early kick-offs are manageable. The 3 pm kick-offs are okay too as long as it's a Saturday. All late kick-offs and Sunday night kick-offs (Maybe the early KOs are not so bad) are a fucking nightmare. Especially for a night owl like me, as I very quickly go back to struggling to fall asleep in the night and sleeping all day.

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #4005 on: August 10, 2016, 09:19:09 am »
Going back "home" for the first time in 4 years next month with the wife and 9 month old baby.

As she's half Aussie (my daughter) it'll be her first time.

Packing it about the flight though...

Offline me76

• It's all in the reflexes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Believer
« Reply #4006 on: August 10, 2016, 11:49:23 am »
anyone watching the match with this new optus shit? How's it going for ya?

Mate I'm still working out what to do for this season.  Trying to come up with some sort of streaming option.  As far as I can tell, the cheapest way to get matches through Optus is something like $30 per month - just for premier league!  Foxtel have a few delayed telecast options with a dedicated Liverpool channel, but to sign up with them is more than $30 a month.  Would love to hear about a VPN alternative (and how to set it up!) or what other people in Australia are doing for the 2016/17 season.  It's a nightmare.
Jürgen Klopp: "I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4007 on: August 15, 2016, 11:53:19 am »
So how was the 1st weekend without Foxtel for fans of the PL?

Can honestly say its the first time in nearly 20 years that I didn't watch a PL game live. Watched a bit of a the Championship and will eventually get La Liga, Serie A, Ligue One and the SPL via my existing Foxtel/BEin subscription. Still not the same.

If anybody was on the new Optus deal how was the quality?
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #4008 on: August 15, 2016, 10:57:18 pm »
So how was the 1st weekend without Foxtel for fans of the PL?

Can honestly say its the first time in nearly 20 years that I didn't watch a PL game live. Watched a bit of a the Championship and will eventually get La Liga, Serie A, Ligue One and the SPL via my existing Foxtel/BEin subscription. Still not the same.

If anybody was on the new Optus deal how was the quality?

I streamed the the game, and listened to the lfctv audio{live audio comms}.
JFT 96

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4009 on: August 17, 2016, 07:13:35 am »
I've got access through my brother - silly on the part of Optus because I would have paid for a direct subscription if they made it available to non optus customers.  Works out for me though.

Watched the Leicester game on Saturday night on my PC and the quality was a bit weird.  Was just slightly juddery like a game without a high enough FPS rate.  For the game on Sunday I hooked it up to the TV with a HDMI cable and it looked pretty good.

Offline klobutruck

• Main Stander
« Reply #4010 on: August 19, 2016, 08:10:41 am »
I'll be watching our league matches delayed on LFCTV or on SBS if it's being shown live (our next two matches are live on SBS).

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #4011 on: August 19, 2016, 03:06:51 pm »
Has anyone ever been hit by a Plover, fuck me, I got swooped on about three times tonight and the c*nts made me duck each time. I wanna stand up and be hard but the c*nts always make me duck!
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #4012 on: August 20, 2016, 12:44:02 am »
Just made it back to the USA from Melbourne.

I left a poster at the Imperial Hotel and bar for the Melbourne Branch to pick up for the Burnley match. The owner said either he or Grant would pass along.

Make sure you get it.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline furns

• Main Stander
  • It all started with Craig Johnston
    • Liverpool Supporters Club NSW
« Reply #4013 on: August 29, 2016, 09:39:03 am »
LFC NSW is pleased to present An Evening with Steve McMahon.
Steve is in Australia thanks to Dunbar Rovers FC and we are very appreciative that they have made Steve available to Reds supporters during the short time he is in the country.
Steve was LFC's midfield enforcer, signed by Kenny Dalglish in 1985 to replace Graeme Souness and when he left LFC in 1991 he had made over 200 appearances, scoring 29 goals and winning 3 League titles, 2 FA Cups and 5 Charity Shields.

You can meet Steve and hear him chat about his time during one of the most successful periods in the club's history on Thursday September 8th at 80 Proof, George St, Sydney.
Doors open at 7pm for a 730pm start. Tickets are only $20 each.
LFC NSW is donating any profits from this event to our nominated charity for this season - Heartbeat of Football.

Full event details and tickets available here https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/lfc-nsw-presents-an-evening-with-steve-mcmahon-tickets-27353356626
Any Liverpool supporters in NSW, Australia please contact us club@lfcnsw.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/lfcnsw
Twitter: @LFCNSW

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #4014 on: October 5, 2016, 12:57:07 am »
Heads up to any one with Foxtel package that is NOT the platinum..
During a system update yesterday Foxtel fucked up the pacakges, and now you will not see the LFCTV channel, you need to call them and they will individually reset your account, or you can wait untill their tech heads come up with a blanket solution
JFT 96

Offline Rusty

• loser mate whose french is a little.....Rusty.....n'est-ce pas?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4015 on: November 4, 2016, 10:20:34 am »
Alright Aussies been a while since I've been in here.

Hope you are all well and enjoying watching the mighty Reds through the Optus package, I've found it to be excellent quality in general.

West Ham Paul - I was up in Darwin in April with my wife and my folks who were over visiting from the UK. If you like outdoors activities then get over to Kakadu, its amazing, great scenery and heaps of great wildlife plus the rangers in the park there are all super friendly and knowledgeable.

If you do go then get yourself to Motor Car Falls, I rate it as one of the top 3 places I have ever visited in my life.
He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4016 on: December 4, 2016, 10:35:50 pm »
Been watching Simon Reeve's rather heavy-handed and shallow 'Australia' series, and despite my criticisms, the photography is fantastic and it's made me really nostalgic for the short time I spent in Perth and Sydney with my family who live in WA. I'm definitely thinking about adding myself to the mass of immigrants and heading over for a few years. I'll have my degree by July, so I'm assuming that'd make it easy to get a working visa for a year? No idea what I'd do but I fancy Perth for a few years. Loved it when I was out there, and England's fucking depressing right now.

I'm watching this condescending dude Simon Reeve travelling around Vietnam talking about the coffee industry. Fucking annoying privileged twat talking down poor locals. Tried and trusted format - would love a rich Vietnamese person strutting around the UK talking down to the poor working class, reporting and broadcasting for Vietnamese TV.

So nauseating.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4017 on: December 4, 2016, 10:49:23 pm »
I'm watching this condescending dude Simon Reeve travelling around Vietnam talking about the coffee industry. Fucking annoying privileged twat talking down poor locals. Tried and trusted format - would love a rich Vietnamese person strutting around the UK talking down to the poor working class, reporting and broadcasting for Vietnamese TV.

So nauseating.

I bet the Aussies can't stand him.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4018 on: January 9, 2017, 02:03:49 am »
Alright c*nts, my Australian permanent residency just came through. Stoked as anything! :hally

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4019 on: January 9, 2017, 05:15:21 am »
Alright c*nts, my Australian permanent residency just came through. Stoked as anything! :hally

They still reserve the right to send you back, so be good.  ;)
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4020 on: January 9, 2017, 05:40:28 am »
They still reserve the right to send you back, so be good.  ;)

Haha I should hide the J's away until a later date then. ;D

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #4021 on: January 9, 2017, 06:14:42 am »
Never seen this thread but moved to Melbourne myself in October although I still haven't been to the Imperial..

Usually I just avoid the scores which I haven't had problems with over here and watching the full match on FullMatchesAndShows although I'm very wary about trying to watch United match on Monday morning..

Work starts 9am, Liverpool starts at 3am and the Packers/Cowboys 5am start.. Monday's going to be a long day ;D Hopefully a happy one.

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4022 on: January 10, 2017, 10:53:09 am »
Never seen this thread but moved to Melbourne myself in October although I still haven't been to the Imperial..

Usually I just avoid the scores which I haven't had problems with over here and watching the full match on FullMatchesAndShows although I'm very wary about trying to watch United match on Monday morning..

Work starts 9am, Liverpool starts at 3am and the Packers/Cowboys 5am start.. Monday's going to be a long day ;D Hopefully a happy one.
If you want an idea of what the Impy is like, check out this vid. This is the derby a few weeks ago at 7am.

https://youtu.be/fIeo7ZDfNzU?t=109

I'm in that video, the celebrations were boss haha.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #4023 on: January 10, 2017, 12:21:08 pm »
snip

Only just seen this. Firstly, best of luck with the move, Paul. Hopefully it's all still on track and you got the info you were looking for. A friend of mine did exactly the same thing a couple of years ago and still lives in Darwin now AFAIK. Haven't spoken with him a great deal, but purely from his social media accounts he seems to have taken to it without a problem.

We're currently awaiting feedback from our own application submitted to SA. Similar to Paul, i've spent a couple of periods in Aus - 6 months traveling in 2009 and then a further 12 months living in WA (mainly, Perth) in 2012, but one place i've never been to-date is Adelaide - which is where this visa will likely see us spend a minimum of 2 years.

Again, we've been conducting our own research and are planning a trip later this year to have a look for ourselves, but it'd be good to hear from anyone who has or does live(d) there themselves on your first-hand thoughts.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4024 on: January 20, 2017, 03:52:14 am »
Breaking: 1 dead, 20 injured
Bourke Street, Melbourne.

Shots have reportedly been fired and pedestrians have been run down during a police chase in Bourke Street in the middle of Melbourne's CBD

Car chase started near Flinders Street station.

Tourists, shoppers and commuters were left shocked after a man started doing doughnuts in the middle of a busy CBD intersection on Friday afternoon.

An eyewitness said the man, who appeared to be in his 30s, was in an "older model" maroon Holden.

"He did about 20 donuts on the Swanston Street and Flinders Street intersection," the eyewitness said.

"He was swearing at people and giving everybody the finger."

The man took off down Swanston Street when police came.

A damaged car matching that description is at the scene at Bourke Street.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/live-pedestrians-hit-gunshots-heard-in-melbourne-cbd-20170120-gtvf3x.html

Sad update: 3 dead. :'(
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 04:56:01 am by RedmeisterOZ »
I'll tell you one thing for sure... I wouldn't trust no words written down on no piece of paper, especially from no Dickenson out in the town of Machine.

Offline Branno

• Legacy Fan
  • Melbourne Scouse!
« Reply #4025 on: January 20, 2017, 11:12:47 am »
Shocking day in Melbourne....so so sad. 4 dead now....utter twat  :no
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 11:17:13 am by Branno »
"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"......Bill Shankly

Offline Branno

• Legacy Fan
  • Melbourne Scouse!
« Reply #4026 on: January 20, 2017, 11:46:16 am »
"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"......Bill Shankly

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4027 on: January 20, 2017, 10:38:09 pm »
One of the 'witnesses' on the news suggesting that the assailant was screaming 'Allahu Akbar' during the incident. If, as it's panning out to be, that it wasn't terrorist related and he in fact didn't scream 'Allahu Akbar' that guy needs to be prosecuted.

Sad day for people in Melbourne. The legal system needs to look at themselves as why he was out on remand.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4028 on: January 21, 2017, 04:02:43 pm »
Moving to melbourne in a fortnight for work - total 12 months or so.

For the first couple of weeks have booked AirBnB but is expensive so hoping to find somewhere to live. A friend has found somewhere for me in Kew. I'll be working around Fitzroy. Looks fairly close on the map but finding it hard to gauge how easy it is to get from the suburbs in melbourne. Is it realistic to find a rented property (shared or 1 bed) for a reasonable amount somewhere like fitzroy? I've been paying london-esque rental prices intermittently over the last few years so that's my baseline for what's reasonable or not. Hopefully won't be paying that much in Melbourne?
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Branno

• Legacy Fan
  • Melbourne Scouse!
« Reply #4029 on: January 22, 2017, 02:01:25 am »
Fitzroy is close to the CBD....sort of trendy hipster place now that used to be a dump :). About 15-20 mins on a tram to the city. Although the CBD (city area) is not that big Melbourne is massive (3.5million). A car is a must.....in regards to rental approx $300 a week is about right. Been here for 20 years so let me know if you need any more info :)

Missed the bit about Kew. Get a place in Richmond...car won't be needed and great social scene....lived there for 5 years.....cracking place :)

$300 shared btw....but you will get a good place in Richmond (might be cheaper) .....walking distance or short tram ride to everything that is great about Melbourne (MCG , footy, rugby , cricket, cafes bars , pubs, restaurants ) etc etc
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 04:15:33 am by Branno »

Offline Scaryscouse

• Purveyor of shite english lager
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice packet of Crunchy Nut you got here
« Reply #4030 on: January 24, 2017, 02:31:14 am »
Haven't been here in ages, hope yee are all keeping well. Really sad stuff in Melbourne and while I know it really doesn't affect anyone I was glad to see they caught that scrotum nicking flowers from memorial for the victims. How low is that?

Big congrats and welcome to all the new permanent residents and visitors. Has West Ham landed in Darwin yet?
I remember years ago doing the fart with your fingers pointed like a gun.

I did it to my brother, I had a dressing gown on.

Instead of farting I shat on the floor - my brother thought I was demented.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4031 on: January 24, 2017, 07:28:06 am »
Sounds like the Melbourne clan is growing. Fitzroy is really hipster. Still good though. Can't comment on Kew either, I'm a dirty western suburbs boy.

Offline furns

• Main Stander
  • It all started with Craig Johnston
    • Liverpool Supporters Club NSW
« Reply #4032 on: January 26, 2017, 09:48:16 am »
Happy Straya Day to all fellow Reds

And allow me to add my sympathies to the earlier posts regarding the tragedy in Melbourne.
Found out that a couple of our fellow Sydney Reds were on the ground in Melbourne CBD at the time as they were in town for the Aus Open, tried to help one of the victims who eventually sadly passed away. They were very affected by the whole experience, and really brought it home how you just don't know when something tragic will happen and affect people close to you.

Even worse, two of the victims were a 10yr old girl and a 3 month old child. Having two kids of my own, it's simply unimaginable losing a child under any circumstances, let alone randomly at the hands of an absolute maniac 😔
Any Liverpool supporters in NSW, Australia please contact us club@lfcnsw.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/lfcnsw
Twitter: @LFCNSW

Offline Flinstone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4033 on: January 26, 2017, 01:09:47 pm »
Moving to melbourne in a fortnight for work - total 12 months or so.

For the first couple of weeks have booked AirBnB but is expensive so hoping to find somewhere to live. A friend has found somewhere for me in Kew. I'll be working around Fitzroy. Looks fairly close on the map but finding it hard to gauge how easy it is to get from the suburbs in melbourne. Is it realistic to find a rented property (shared or 1 bed) for a reasonable amount somewhere like fitzroy? I've been paying london-esque rental prices intermittently over the last few years so that's my baseline for what's reasonable or not. Hopefully won't be paying that much in Melbourne?

What's up man? I was in Melbourne when I was searching for a job but I ended up in Sydney. Melbourne is gorgeous and the women are fine but the weather is completely wack.

I'd stay in any of the following suburbs :

Fitzroy
Southbank
St Kilda
South Yarra
Prahran
Richmond at a push

They're all very well connected by Public transport and have lots going on so since you're single? and moving alone you shouldn't have a problem meeting folks. St Kilda is crawling with backpackers.

If you do get a car I heard good things about Brunswick and Northcote as well.

Have fun!

Oh and yeah, all roads lead to Revs. You'll know what I mean soon enough  ;)

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4034 on: January 28, 2017, 01:11:10 am »
I guess you're in Newtown or Marrickville these days then Flintstone? ;D

Offline Flinstone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4035 on: January 28, 2017, 01:59:16 am »
I guess you're in Newtown or Marrickville these days then Flintstone? ;D

Bondi mate, moving in Feb 1. Was leaning heavily towards Newtown but if in Sydney might as well go near the beach rite.

Plus an endless supply of Western Backpacker chicks looking for some strange  ;D

Where you @ nowadays? Last I remember you were heading of to Drumfland?

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4036 on: January 28, 2017, 06:06:24 am »
Bondi mate, moving in Feb 1. Was leaning heavily towards Newtown but if in Sydney might as well go near the beach rite.

Plus an endless supply of Western Backpacker chicks looking for some strange  ;D

Where you @ nowadays? Last I remember you were heading of to Drumfland?

Bondi is stunning though too full of tourists. Coogee is even worse these days. But can't recommend the beachside suburbs of Sydney highly enough. Take everything else away and the natural setting of the place is stunning.

Still in Brisneyland myself. Had to hold off on the Dumbfuckistan plans for now. Might get my citizenship sorted next year and start looking again.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 06:14:43 am by jooneyisdagloomy »

Offline Flinstone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4037 on: January 28, 2017, 07:49:34 am »
Bondi is stunning though too full of tourists. Coogee is even worse these days. But can't recommend the beachside suburbs of Sydney highly enough. Take everything else away and the natural setting of the place is stunning.

Still in Brisneyland myself. Had to hold off on the Dumbfuckistan plans for now. Might get my citizenship sorted next year and start looking again.

Ha ha, I like that it's full of tourists, easier to meet people who are fellow newcomers compared to locals.

As soon as I get settled probably doing a roadtrip from Sydney all the way up north. Feel free to ping me if you're in town, house looks likes it's gonna be pretty social (got on a lease with a beer guzzling Bogan) and we have an extra mattress.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4038 on: January 28, 2017, 10:49:16 am »

Coogee resident back in 01/02, glad to hear it's still the same. :D

Offline Flinstone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4039 on: January 28, 2017, 11:02:23 am »
^ Coogee was my other option lol. No train there though and the buses suck.

Any Sydney meetup going on?