Author Topic: UFC/MMA thread  (Read 1892451 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: UFC/MMA thread
« Reply #25320 on: January 14, 2017, 06:30:47 pm »
He's not doing it to win, he's doing it to get paid. He stands no chance straight up boxing Floyd. He'll lose a decision and claim it a victory because Floyd couldn't finish him. I wouldn't be surprised if it was worked actually.

Exactly my thoughts. McGregor win's even if he loses, it doesn't affect what he can't or can do in the UFC regardless of the outcome. He'll get a massive payday and the bloke want's that, and I don't blame him. There is not a lot of time at the top and risking your health in the process whilst getting underpaid , McGregor has found a way for himself and his family. so why is it wrong? Wrong for what? You would do the same thing.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25321 on: January 14, 2017, 07:05:00 pm »
Exactly my thoughts. McGregor win's even if he loses, it doesn't affect what he can't or can do in the UFC regardless of the outcome. He'll get a massive payday and the bloke want's that, and I don't blame him. There is not a lot of time at the top and risking your health in the process whilst getting underpaid , McGregor has found a way for himself and his family. so why is it wrong? Wrong for what? You would do the same thing.

Yep, I'd rather he be defending his belt in the UFC personally but he should make more for this fight than all his others combined so more power to him.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25322 on: January 15, 2017, 08:10:56 pm »
If it was still under zuffa I'd still be saying "not a chance", no matter what came out of Dana's mouth.  Have no idea what WME will do though.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #25323 on: January 15, 2017, 08:18:03 pm »
Fight Night 103 tonight:

Rodriguez v Penn
Lauzon v Held
McGee v Saunders
Moraga v Pettis

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #25324 on: January 16, 2017, 10:21:21 am »
Bad decisions in the two fights before the main event. Marcin Held especially was a a complete robbery. Credit to Lauzon too, admitted he lost.
Thought McGee definitely won the second and third rounds too but that was a closer fight.

BJ went as well as anyone expected. Terrible matchmaking.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #25325 on: January 16, 2017, 11:09:45 am »
Any of you lads local? My lad is at a cracking Gracie Barra club in Warrington doing BJJ. Ping me if anyone is interested for themselves or their kids.

I'm not getting anything for references before someone smart comes along, it's just really good training and there aren't many BJJ places around especially for kids 

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25326 on: January 16, 2017, 11:23:46 am »
Dana made equally good points despite how much people don't like him, Floyd did terrible numbers against Berto whereas McGregor did 1.3 and 1.5m in his last fight. MMA is smashing PPV numbers over boxing so there isn't necessarily an A side in this when a large portion of the fans would be drawn from MMA

I think this will end up happening, especially if Showtime come to the table and make it a dualcast or whatever they did for Floyd-Manny

There clearly is an A side. Berto didn't do great numbers but it was Andre Berto.

When one guy has done over 2 mil on PPV twice and then over 3 mil as well as having record gate receipts for fights then they clearly are the A side.

Dana offering $25 mil to both is laughable when I don't think Floyd has fought for less than $32 mil guaranteed for years.

Offline Istanbul Therapy Group

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll hear our famous noise
« Reply #25327 on: January 16, 2017, 12:57:15 pm »
Just caught the BJ fight and it was awful. An absolute lamb to the slaughter.

He needs his close friends and family to save him from himself. Consistently fighting top 10/5 guys and he is finished and has been since his fight against Nick Diaz. Real shame.
He never shows mercy, he would put 6 past your sons school team.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25328 on: January 16, 2017, 08:09:44 pm »
There clearly is an A side. Berto didn't do great numbers but it was Andre Berto.

When one guy has done over 2 mil on PPV twice and then over 3 mil as well as having record gate receipts for fights then they clearly are the A side.

Dana offering $25 mil to both is laughable when I don't think Floyd has fought for less than $32 mil guaranteed for years.

Don't disagree with any of that

Offline Thoros Of Myr

• Anny Roader
« Reply #25329 on: January 16, 2017, 09:17:35 pm »
Watching that BJ fight made me sad as fuck.

Offline slamjam

• Anny Roader
« Reply #25330 on: January 16, 2017, 09:47:24 pm »
Watching that BJ fight made me sad as fuck.
Hope dana has the talk to bj like he did for chuck and big nog nothing worse then seeing a fighter like that.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #25331 on: January 16, 2017, 09:48:56 pm »
I'm sure in a year Dana will give BJ another fight, because... reasons.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25332 on: January 16, 2017, 10:44:36 pm »
Think 2 of the judges might have scored that first round 10-7 to Lauzon in his fight with Held. Anyone else think that?

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25333 on: January 17, 2017, 01:59:08 am »
There is training for this shit, and the judges still fail badly.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25334 on: January 17, 2017, 12:34:04 pm »
There is training for this shit, and the judges still fail badly.

I wonder how robust the training actually is though. There'll be enough examples in their archives of clear 10-8 and 10-7 rounds using ground control, striking or a combination of both. I've no idea how they do the training but I hope they incorporate video examples. And I'm praying the UFC doesn't go down the boxing route where you've no idea how the fuck the judges are scoring bouts.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25335 on: January 17, 2017, 10:11:38 pm »
I wonder how robust the training actually is though. There'll be enough examples in their archives of clear 10-8 and 10-7 rounds using ground control, striking or a combination of both. I've no idea how they do the training but I hope they incorporate video examples. And I'm praying the UFC doesn't go down the boxing route where you've no idea how the fuck the judges are scoring bouts.
The score card showed that two judges gave Joe the 2nd round.  He was clearly outgrappled.  That was pretty much all there was in rounds 2 and 3.  Even the old judging criteria is pretty clear on that.  The other judge, even though he got it correct on the whole for Held, gave Held the first round.  I just don't know what they're watching half the time.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25336 on: January 18, 2017, 12:33:36 pm »
BJ was my fav fighter back in the day.  It's criminal that he still fights.

Mayweather throwing more shade at Dana White:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/1/16/14290618/floyd-mayweather-the-last-time-i-made-25-million-was-ten-years-ago-boxing-ufc-dana-white-mma-news

Last week, Dana White offered Floyd Mayweather a sum of $25 million to fight Conor McGregor in a boxing match. Floyd Jr. simply laughed off the offer, calling the UFC president a “f----ng comedian.”

On Saturday night, the retired undefeated boxer was at the Badou Jack-James DeGale fight, where he was showing support for the former, who was signed under Mayweather Promotions. Speaking to Fight Hype backstage, Mayweather explained further why the $25 million offer that was presented to him would not be enough.

“The last time I made $25 million - actually I made more - but the last time I made $25 million was 10 years ago. I’m not bragging or boasting I’m just telling the truth,” Mayweather said (via MMA Fighting). “I’m appreciative and thankful, $25 million is still great money. But for the last, I don’t know how many years, my guaranteed lowest was like, 32, a little bit over 32 [million dollars].”

“In the Canelo [Alvarez] fight I made over $100 million in that fight and just in two fights, [Manny] Pacquiao and Canelo, those two fights, somewhere upwards of $400 million. $400 million or better. Sponsorship money leading up to the Pacquiao fight, that week I made 25 to 30 million [dollars]. So these are my numbers. They can say, ‘Floyd’s lying’ all they want to. If I was so desperate and hurting for money I would come back.”

The working relationship between Mayweather and White has spanned for decades now. During the 1996 Olympics where Floyd bagged the bronze medal, he wore a Bullenbeisser Boxing patch on his trunks, a company that White then owned.

Now that they could potentially be working together in a massive deal, Mayweather made sure to remind everyone about it.

“Remember, Dana White, he was a player he was a boss but he was a small boss. The big bosses were the Fertittas. But then the Fertittas chose to sell the UFC so Dana is just an employee. Dana White - I like Dana White, I don’t have anything against him - but I can remember Dana White used to hang around me and Jeff Mayweather and carry my bags.”

“Dana White, I remember when you used to carry my bags,” Mayweather said with a grin. “And remember Dana White, I showed you love. You had the little Bullenbeisser patch I wore on my trunks for you, Dana. I’ve always been good to you. But then all of the sudden he cut his head bald and he’s such a tough guy. He’s such a tough guy.”

“All I gotta say is this: Why every time Conor McGregor go out there and fight, Dana White is still an employee, but Dana White makes more money?”

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #25337 on: January 18, 2017, 12:57:05 pm »
BJ was my fav fighter back in the day.  It's criminal that he still fights.

Bad matchmaking more than anything. Wouldn't mind seeing him try to go out on a win against an evenly matched opponent.

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25338 on: January 18, 2017, 01:04:37 pm »
Bad matchmaking more than anything. Wouldn't mind seeing him try to go out on a win against an evenly matched opponent.

He should do those grappling / BJJ competitions like the EBI or the ones that Bones and Hendo did recently. No one wants to see him get the crap beat out of him anymore. If it has to be MMA then fight against another old timer.
Football is a lie

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25339 on: January 18, 2017, 11:19:15 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Xf9sw71Ys&index=65&list=WL

Woodley is getting on my tits, especiallly after this interview.

PROMOTE YOURSELF.

I hope he gets smashed.

Didn't have a dislike for him before the first fight, but he's taking the piss.

Fuck off Woodley.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25340 on: January 19, 2017, 08:19:58 pm »
Sonnen: The only person that has made money from using their mouth is Tito’s ex-wife.

:lmao

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #25341 on: January 20, 2017, 02:02:41 am »
Sonnen should stfu, Ortiz via GNP

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #25342 on: January 20, 2017, 02:03:31 am »
And BJ, damn, love him but that broke my heart. What a fucking warrior he was in his pomp, will always be my favourite.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25343 on: January 20, 2017, 05:42:22 am »
And BJ, damn, love him but that broke my heart. What a fucking warrior he was in his pomp, will always be my favourite.

Still the greatest LW ever and the best guy to hold two belts in two different divisions in the UFC.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #25344 on: January 20, 2017, 09:46:38 am »
Honestly state of the Bellator Geriatric Division.

Need a fucking time machine to make that fight relevant...

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25345 on: January 20, 2017, 12:09:05 pm »
Honestly state of the Bellator Geriatric Division.

Need a fucking time machine to make that fight relevant...

You know what's weird? 185/205/265 in the UFC are all pretty old divisions now. Not as bad as Bellator but there are just no young talented top guys there at the moment.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #25346 on: January 20, 2017, 04:22:24 pm »
Still the greatest LW ever and the best guy to hold two belts in two different divisions in the UFC.

no doubt!

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25347 on: January 20, 2017, 09:30:56 pm »

Bad matchmaking but I hope BJ packs it in. I'd hate to see him go down the Roy Jones Jnr route. It would be good to hear him colour commentate but if not I'd love to see him go back to BJJ or somewhere that didn't hand out front kicks to his kite!

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25348 on: January 20, 2017, 09:32:47 pm »
Bad matchmaking but I hope BJ packs it in. I'd hate to see him go down the Roy Jones Jnr route. It would be good to hear him colour commentate but if not I'd love to see him go back to BJJ or somewhere that didn't hand out front kicks to his kite!

BJ shouldn't be anywhere near a ring. He's got nothing left to prove, while his showing in the last match was 10x better than what he served up in his first "come out retirement" fight, it was nowhere near what was needed to beat an up and comer.

Just retire and stay retired.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25349 on: January 22, 2017, 04:22:54 am »
Semtex!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25350 on: January 22, 2017, 05:09:32 am »
Sonnen is done.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25351 on: January 22, 2017, 06:22:32 am »
That flying knee off Paul Daley  :o

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #25352 on: January 22, 2017, 12:13:25 pm »
Haha sonnen the fuckin turd should retire, So glad to see Tito win and should that punk up.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25353 on: January 22, 2017, 04:48:28 pm »
A lot of people believe that fight was fixed, with Sonnen's post match comments and the early tap.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #25354 on: January 22, 2017, 04:57:47 pm »
A lot of people believe that fight was fixed, with Sonnen's post match comments and the early tap.
The choke didn't even look tight.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25355 on: January 22, 2017, 07:04:43 pm »
There is no logic at all behind that fight being worked. Fixed, maybe I guess. But not worked.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Thoros Of Myr

• Anny Roader
« Reply #25356 on: January 22, 2017, 07:12:57 pm »
The choke didn't even look tight.

I dont even think it was a choke. More of a crank.

Chael got 50g's for that. he probably thought it wasnt worth the hastle. Saw a way out and took it. I've heard him talk before about giving up an arm/neck when you couldnt be arsed, being a done thing in MMA. Said he's done it before.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25357 on: January 22, 2017, 10:22:39 pm »
Chael taps all the time. He hardly bothered fighting off a sub in a few of his title fights.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #25358 on: January 23, 2017, 02:37:25 am »
Anyone that believes that fight was fixed is an idiot.

Tito retired, Sonnen is going to continue to headline for Bellator. What's the logic in fixing it with Sonnen getting embarrassed?

Reality is, he at two wicked elbows, wanted none of it and looked for an easy way out by tapping out to a neck crank.

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #25359 on: January 23, 2017, 09:15:49 am »
If it was a fix Chael is that big of an attention whore he'll only last days before he comes
out a says it himself.