Author Topic: Roy to be sacked & Dion Fanning article  (Read 196487 times)

Offline t0nylfc

• Main Stander
Re: Roy to be Sacked. Sometime.
« Reply #360 on: January 1, 2011, 01:37:07 am »
if roy is here monday NESV dont give a shite 

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: January 1, 2011, 01:37:26 am »
Coyle needs to get a team to Europe and challenge for the Top 4 to be considered good enough for LFC, even then Im not sure that would suffice but I agree he has potential but he needs more experience.
All of this is remarkable enough until you consider that Mr. Villas Boas is just 33 years old and, prior to this season, had just 23 league games' worth of managerial experience, all of them at Academica Coimbra, the provincial club which appointed him just over a year ago. When he took charge of Academica, it was winless and dead last. By the time the season was over, Mr. Villas Boas had guided it to respectability (11th place in the 16-team league) and to the semifinal of the Portuguese League Cup.

It was enough for Porto – one of the traditional Portuguese giants – to put its eggs in Mr. Villas Boas's basket in an attempt to bounce back from a rare season which saw it finish third, only the second time since 2002 that it failed to win the league.

Do you not see the contradiction in your own posts?
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: January 1, 2011, 01:40:17 am »

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #363 on: January 1, 2011, 01:40:39 am »
Ok this is a pretty good advertisement! I'd like to hear more about Mr. Villas Boas.

He's probably the most "unproven" manager floating around Europe at the moment IMO
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #364 on: January 1, 2011, 01:40:57 am »
I really don't understand the wait. Very few people could do worse, even a caretaker.

The only widely acceptable choice for caretaker would be kenny, anyone else like sammy or god forbid, carra, would have the fans on their back in short order..because to be honest we know without trying they aren't up to it.  If kenny comes in and does a remotely passable job he would hold more power than the owners. From everything Nesv have said, I'd expect they want a young man who can build a dynasty and as much as I'd like to see Kenny return, does he fit that bill?

It is only a matter of time before the likes of Ancelloti and Capello are available, and if we make it to the end of the season without getting relegated people like Mourinho and Guardiola are real possibilities assuming they put up decent financial backing.  They're playing a risky game.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: January 1, 2011, 01:41:25 am »
Barry Shitpeas till the summer.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Timbo0151

• @Timbo0151
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Is a dream a lie if it don't come true
« Reply #366 on: January 1, 2011, 01:41:51 am »
SOS member 1295
@timbo0151

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: January 1, 2011, 01:42:01 am »
You're acting like this is an actual job spec devised by NESV rather than newspaper guesswork.
It is though, isn't it? Where do you think prospective managers will get their info from, do they type "football manager" into monster?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

royhendo

« Reply #368 on: January 1, 2011, 01:42:24 am »
Again (posted elsewhere) it's worth seeing this.

From McIlvanney in the mid 80s.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8Olv2peU4f4?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8Olv2peU4f4?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_GB</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/G0EkxZfrGgg&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;feature=player_embedded&amp;version=3" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/G0EkxZfrGgg&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;feature=player_embedded&amp;version=3</a>
« Last Edit: January 1, 2011, 01:48:13 am by royhendo »

Offline bravoco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never made the 1st team
« Reply #369 on: January 1, 2011, 01:42:55 am »
Kenny please. Asap.

Offline kvarmeismydad

• Might regale ya with tales of footballing genitalia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: January 1, 2011, 01:45:34 am »
Night the fuck night yall. Merry new year and ting.
@paulair

Offline Not funny reecehenebry

• Pitbull #2. Fanning the flames of debate since 03/06/10.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: January 1, 2011, 01:46:34 am »
Fenway have left Roy to hang himself. They know he won't resign and they are making him look stupid before 'having' to remove him for his own sake.
Why are you looking past this season?

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: January 1, 2011, 01:49:22 am »
It is though, isn't it? Where do you think prospective managers will get their info from, do they type "football manager" into monster?

Yes, it's informed guesswork at least. We're hearing lots of the 'young, ambitious, new approach' stuff. This could either be inside information, or journalists examining the MO at Boston Red Sox and applying it to football - as we've done on threads for a few months. Either way, I think it's pretty likely to be accurate. I don't think we're going to be looking for a big name, experienced, won-it-all manager - not even a relatively young one like Mourinho or Rafa.

Boas, Klopp, Laudrup, Coyle, etc are names perhaps being repeated from one story to the next on little evidence, but they seem likely to be the candidates most fitting FSG's approach, unless they're going to go for some complete unknown, or a highly regarded coach not in a management position.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline suptoyou

• Only allowed on RAWK after he's finished his homework and promises to be in bed by 10 on a school night. Classroom Frig Monitor.
  • Main Stander
« Reply #373 on: January 1, 2011, 01:51:35 am »
Roy has not apologised ..... he has said he was misinterpreted

i.e. he has been told to apologise to the supporters or make a statement along those lines etc. etc.
The content doesn't matter.... just say it!

Status Report:

ASK NESV: Yes Roy has said he's sorry

ASK ROY: I was misinterpreted

Trebles all round!

God we are good.... lucky our supporters are real effing dumbos

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #374 on: January 1, 2011, 01:53:59 am »
Barry Shitpeas till the summer.

Seconded.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Walk on, walk on

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone.
« Reply #375 on: January 1, 2011, 01:56:05 am »
"I have been very disappointed and very hurt, in particular by comments I made that I thought were mere statements of fact and which were in no way meant to be offensive," said Hodgson, who has had no contact with his owners since Wednesday.

Oooh I'm sorry, did we hurt his feelings?
Liverpool don't turn up against shit teams so Wenger picks the shittest line up possible.
The man is a genius!

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: January 1, 2011, 01:58:08 am »
I'm hoping they've already spoken with Kenny and they've agreed a point at which, should things get really desperate, he would happily step in as interim till May so that they can take their time and get their man.

Am I being too sensible/hopeful?
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline dh07kop

• Kopite
  • Alright Chicken George laa
« Reply #377 on: January 1, 2011, 02:00:50 am »
Oooh I'm sorry, did we hurt his feelings?
Probably did mate, coz' even though he lost the plot making 3 subs as soon as the kop sang "Hodgson for England", atleast it shows hes trying or tried, which is more I can say about most of the players and a certain one might possibly be on your display picture.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool."

Offline Walk on, walk on

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone.
« Reply #378 on: January 1, 2011, 02:08:18 am »
Probably did mate, coz' even though he lost the plot making 3 subs as soon as the kop sang "Hodgson for England", atleast it shows hes trying or tried, which is more I can say about most of the players and a certain one might possibly be on your display picture.

I suspect there might be a very plausible reason that they've lost motivation and low on morale. But I can't seem to place my finger on where ...

Or wait ... let me scratch my butt then sniff my fingers.
Liverpool don't turn up against shit teams so Wenger picks the shittest line up possible.
The man is a genius!

Offline liverlon

• Main Stander
  • We can be heroes
« Reply #379 on: January 1, 2011, 02:08:23 am »
He is a proven premiership manager who understands the english way of playing football and would do a great job for the club.

We don't want the 'English' way of playing, thanks.  The hoof it and hope lark is for lesser clubs (like Fulham, et al).   Oh, and we're not feckin English, we're SCOUSE

Offline Elysian Fields

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #380 on: January 1, 2011, 02:17:21 am »
Hodgson really does say some fucking dumb stuff (from the Guardian today):

"I have the experience but it has been an uphill struggle since I came here. Maybe that was the point I was trying to make [about the famous Anfield support] which has been interpreted as a crack against the fans. I have had a lot of situations to deal with and worked very hard to put together a team that knows what it is doing and can produce winning football. Along the way there have been some very big setbacks which have thrown me into the limelight and the firing line. I accept it as part of taking a job of this stature.

"Last night I saw a quote from Benjamin Disraeli when he became prime minster: 'I have achieved my goal and climbed to the top of the greasy pole.' That is really what we do. That is how I feel. Coming to Liverpool for me was a pinnacle; to some extent it was a reward for the work I had put in, not just at Fulham but in the years before. It was a recognition of my competence. You come here hoping you will keep flying forward but, yes, I did know it would be difficult. If we can between now and the end of the season get the results everybody wants, people will respect us more for the hardship we have gone through. It is a cliché but we coaches do need time, patience and support. Support at this club is of vital importance because that is what has made it great through the years – the feeling that Liverpool is a bit special and that people get together when things are not going well.

"It would be nice to have people around you who could help you a bit more but it doesn't really work that way. It is a lonely job being the manager of a top club. You can't expect people to help you too much. The staff are very good and supportive – and so too are the players – but your family is the most important during these times. They try to encourage you that life isn't all doom and gloom and there might be a bright spot somewhere along the way. That is what you have to cling on to.

"Two defeats in a row – and one of them at home against a team you are expected to beat – that is a time when you are going to be very hurt and upset about everything. Lonely is not the wrong word to use because, to be quite honest, you don't want company anyway. You want to be left alone with your thoughts. They are not pleasant thoughts but you don't have the desire to do anything other than sit around with them."

It's obvious he's out of his depth and overwhelmed by the task of being Liverpool FC manager. Not to say deluded. How can the mere fact of being LFC's manager be the 'top of the greasy pole'. You've won and done fuck all mate! You hear Benitez whining about it being a hard job, or Wenger, or Fergscum. It's a "lonely job" because you're out of your depth and don't know what you're fucking doing. Move aside and let someone else take over you stubborn fool.
« Last Edit: January 1, 2011, 02:23:18 am by Elysian Fields »

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: January 1, 2011, 02:25:10 am »
I'm hoping they've already spoken with Kenny and they've agreed a point at which, should things get really desperate, he would happily step in as interim till May so that they can take their time and get their man.

Am I being too sensible/hopeful?

Everyone keeps taking for granted that Kenny wants the interim job. Here's an alternate scenario for you:

It's quite possible FSG has spoken to him about it, told him it would only last til May, and he's said "No. If you're going to give it to me, I want a contract for X years. I don't want to be regarded as just a temp. I'm better than that." He's a proud man. Don't assume he's a little puppy ready to jump in and save Liverpool without negotiating good terms for himself.

Think about it. Henry has said Kenny will have a role. He's around all the time. But no official role has been announced for him. Perhaps they want him to be interim manager above all else right now and he's been hesitant (see above).  So this is why we haven't heard him named to the board or as a DOF (remember Comolli is DOFS) or as something else yet. 
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #382 on: January 1, 2011, 02:27:18 am »
Do you not see the contradiction in your own posts?

No. That article is a bit old I think, plus he has learned from one of the best, witnessed a lot of success.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline dh07kop

• Kopite
  • Alright Chicken George laa
« Reply #383 on: January 1, 2011, 02:28:20 am »
I suspect there might be a very plausible reason that they've lost motivation and low on morale. But I can't seem to place my finger on where ...

Or wait ... let me scratch my butt then sniff my fingers.
They had no motivation all last season with Rafa in charge mate, I went about 25 home games last season and off me head I can only of one premier league game early on (forgot who) and the Atletico Madrid game where they put in a good performance.... By no means am I defending Roy, I also believe he should walk away but I do think the players are getting off the hook with a lot of it.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool."

Offline HFD

• info.com
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Will we ever learn....
    • The Truth.
« Reply #384 on: January 1, 2011, 02:29:44 am »
No idea whether this story is true or not, but if it is, then I think FSG have dropped a bollock here.
In my eyes FSG now look weak as they are as good as admitting Roy is a lame duck, but don't have the balls to pull the trigger, and now we'll (pardon the pun) have to limp on for a while longer.

We all know Hodgson isn't going to resign and will cling on as long as he can, be it through his (and the medias) over inflated opinion of his abilities, his sense of entitlement / reward for 35 years of unrivalled achievement in the game, or sheer greed for a payoff..... or maybe all three.

If he had any professional pride he'd have done the decent thing already and left with some sense of dignity, but unfortunately those two qualities appear to be somewhat lacking in good old Roy.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: January 1, 2011, 02:38:32 am »
No. That article is a bit old I think, plus he has learned from one of the best, witnessed a lot of success.

Neither of those points (the article is from October) have anything to do with the contradiction in saying Coyle is inexperienced, while proposing Boas. I've nothing against Boas; he's an interesting candidate. But then so is Coyle.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #386 on: January 1, 2011, 02:44:50 am »
Now, I don't give a fuck about how many medals he has won but Ian Holloway is a character and would unite the fans. He is a Liverpool fan through and through and would put a smile back on all our faces at the very least. How could you not get behind this man.......oh, and his team ain't half bad either considering it cost about a tenner

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1343186/Its-obscene-Ian-Holloway-launches-blistering-attack-greedy-players-believes-ruining-game.html
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #387 on: January 1, 2011, 02:47:40 am »
SVEN is an anagram of NESV. Coincidence ?
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #388 on: January 1, 2011, 02:47:53 am »
He's probably the most "unproven" manager floating around Europe at the moment IMO
true, and Rafa's the most proven (in recent history) manager available. Yet it seems we're not moving for him :(
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline Vork+The Knights of Good

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Macklin, you son of a bitch.
« Reply #389 on: January 1, 2011, 02:50:03 am »
MON has as much chance of being the next manager at our club as I do. It has been reported that FSG want a young manager and that that is even a part of the reason why they aren't considering Rafa. MON is 58 to Rafa's 50, so I think that is a non-starter regardless of what you think of the man (no fucking thanks for me). If we believe the reports about a youthful coach to be true (and they do make sense) then the usual suspects stack up like this:

Rijkaard - 48
Holloway - 47
Laudrup - 46
Flores - 45
Coyle - 44
Klopp - 43
Deschamps - 42
Guardiola - 39
Emery - 39
Martinez - 37
Villas Boas - 33

Draw your own conclusions from that. I, personally, have no idea what qualifies as "young" to FSG, but if I had to guess I'd say they try to go for someone under 45. And for the record, Pellegrini is 57, so I don't think FSG would be looking at him even if was not at Malaga.
« Last Edit: January 1, 2011, 04:28:33 am by Vork+The Knights of Good »
Justice For The 96

Offline Rafas the man

• Anny Roader
« Reply #390 on: January 1, 2011, 02:51:50 am »
Holloway would be amazing

Offline HFD

• info.com
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Will we ever learn....
    • The Truth.
« Reply #391 on: January 1, 2011, 02:55:43 am »
SVEN is an anagram of NESV. Coincidence ?
Now that's fucking scary, off to bed in a minute, and you'll give me nightmares :o

Offline zERo

• Kopite
  • We will rise again
« Reply #392 on: January 1, 2011, 03:03:05 am »
They appointed a 28 year old at the Red Sox, so they will look at what he brings to the table rather than the minimum age
Only thing that is constant is the change, learn to live with it, move on

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: January 1, 2011, 03:03:22 am »
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Hal9000

• Feels much better now, he really does!
  • Main Stander
« Reply #394 on: January 1, 2011, 03:06:19 am »
Thing is, NESV have made it public they are looking for his replacement. Roy has to face the press after Bolton and the inevitable question will be..."How can you stay in the job knowing your employers have publicly announced they have no faith in you and are looking for another manager, the fans don't want you and the players aren't performing. How can you stay in the job...?"

He has to think of an answer to that, I don't see how he can
« Last Edit: January 1, 2011, 03:12:27 am by Hal9000 »

Offline Rafas the man

• Anny Roader
« Reply #395 on: January 1, 2011, 03:06:51 am »
...ly shite.

I'm not actually suggesting he should be a candidate. But its the same thing again, as with Coyle, just because he hasn't won things doesn't make him a bad manager and doesn't mean he wouldn't do a good job here. It's a bigger achievement getting promoted with Blackpool and being mid table in January than winning the League with Porto which that Villa Boas guy has done, yet he gets all the plaudits, half the posters on here probably haven't ever heard of him but because he has a cool name and has won a few things he is a 'perfect fit'

Offline KFC

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again.
« Reply #396 on: January 1, 2011, 03:08:59 am »
Rafa for me, without a doubt, even for a caretaking role.  It was his team so he is the best man to make the best out of it.  Maybe we give him a short contract, say 1.5 years for him to turn it around.

If Gerrard / Carra don't fancy playing for him, let's bench them, judging from their recent performances they would have to prove themselves again. 

So is Rafa.  If he really loves the club like he said, he would have to prove it again.  Just sign the short contract and clean up the mess, and if he wants a longer contract, he would have to earn it again.

Don't dream about Kenny.  He won't pick it up now and without the right hand men, etc I doubt he would have the energy / modern football knowledge to be successful here.

And whoever said Sammy Lee for caretaker needs their head examined.  He did the exact same thing when Big Sam was sacked and they went winningness for 10x games and lingered deeply in relegation.  No one in the dressing room will listen to him.
We won it 6 times

Offline Franky

• Do you remember me? Clueless kneejerk who should not be confused with the decent poster on here called Frank. Alienated from the sheep and won't lick John Henry's arse
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: January 1, 2011, 03:09:49 am »
The only widely acceptable choice for caretaker would be kenny, anyone else like sammy or god forbid, carra, would have the fans on their back in short order..because to be honest we know without trying they aren't up to it.  If kenny comes in and does a remotely passable job he would hold more power than the owners. From everything Nesv have said, I'd expect they want a young man who can build a dynasty and as much as I'd like to see Kenny return, does he fit that bill?

It is only a matter of time before the likes of Ancelloti and Capello are available, and if we make it to the end of the season without getting relegated people like Mourinho and Guardiola are real possibilities assuming they put up decent financial backing.  They're playing a risky game.
yeah right Ancelotti, Capello, Villa Boas, Guardiolla, Mourinho, they will all jump to the oppurtunity to succeed Roy Hodgson. Surely.
Not even Deschamps is interested from what I read yesterday.

Offline Vork+The Knights of Good

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Macklin, you son of a bitch.
« Reply #398 on: January 1, 2011, 03:09:52 am »
They appointed a 28 year old at the Red Sox, so they will look at what he brings to the table rather than the minimum age

That was their GM, Theo Epstein. Their current manager they appointed six years ago and at the time he was 45. Baseball players play much longer than footballers do, so I'd say that's about the equivalent of appointing a 40 year old or so in the footballing world.
Justice For The 96

Offline fredyim

• Boys Pen
« Reply #399 on: January 1, 2011, 03:11:29 am »
I know it's controversial to put in this name, but I still remember the German national team before and after him.  Of couse, he failed at Bayern, but how about Jurgen Klinsmann?  He is still 46, and his enthusiasm will bring better out of our current players.