Author Topic: Fernando Torres  (Read 584404 times)

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
Re: Fernando Torres
« Reply #7160 on: March 2, 2017, 11:12:00 pm »
So glad he's OK.
YWNA

Offline M7 Heckler

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7161 on: March 2, 2017, 11:23:15 pm »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7162 on: March 2, 2017, 11:26:51 pm »
Tony Barrett has just passed on a message, that tests have been done on his neck and back, and there are no injuries. Hopefully he will be back shortly.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7163 on: March 2, 2017, 11:29:13 pm »
Atlético de Madrid‏Verified account
@atletienglish

Good news (1/2)
@Torres has undergone a cranial and cervical  CT. There are no alterations nor traumatic injuries

Atlético de Madrid‏Verified account
@atletienglish

Good news (2/2)
@Torres, conscious and lucid, he will spend the night  in hospital for observation as per medical protocol.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #7164 on: March 2, 2017, 11:32:58 pm »
A bit harsh
not sure if serious

Looks like he's gotten away without it being too serious anyway. Thank god for that
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7165 on: March 2, 2017, 11:37:53 pm »
Sounds like a bad accident, but thankfully looks like nothing permanent or too serious.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #7166 on: March 2, 2017, 11:51:02 pm »
Bloody hell, glad it doesn't sound too serious. Hope he makes a swift and full recovery and is back playing as soon as possible.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7167 on: March 3, 2017, 12:53:04 am »
Get well soon Fernando!
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7168 on: March 3, 2017, 08:02:47 am »
Is he still gorgeous?

That's all that matters.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7169 on: March 3, 2017, 09:58:36 am »
The red and white forward, who is stable, spent a good night and will undergo a MRI in the next hours to confirm he is definitely okay. Our player has sent a message to all the fans.

Fernando Torres has undergone a cranial and cervical CT that has ruled out any alteration or traumatic injuries for the red and white forward, after the strong blow to the head he suffered in this Thursday’s match at Riazor.

Our player, who is stable, conscious and lucid, had to be rushed in an ambulance after being stabilized according to the usual protocol, before being admitted to La Coruña’s Modelo Hospital spent a good night and will undergo a MRI in the next hours to confirm he is definitely okay.

Fernando Torres has wanted to send a message to thank all the fans: "Thank you all for worrying about me and for your messages of support. It’s just been a scare. I hope to come back very soon!"

In addition, Deportivo de la Coruña’s manager, Pepe Mel, and the player Álex Bergantiños went to the hospital to check on our player.

http://en.atleticodemadrid.com/noticias/torres-suffers-a-head-injury

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7170 on: March 3, 2017, 11:01:41 am »
released from hospital too

good for him

think i might bust my torres shirt out of retirement

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #7171 on: March 3, 2017, 11:57:07 am »
Christ. Awful video to watch. Good that the players knew the severity of it instantly though and reacted immediately.

Hope he's ok

Yup glad he's ok but the swallow tongue myth needs to die out, even the papers report it.

Players need to know what to do in case doctors aren't on right away, he should have been placed in recovery position, you can't swallow your tongue

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7172 on: March 3, 2017, 12:01:16 pm »
Yup glad he's ok but the swallow tongue myth needs to die out, even the papers report it.

Players need to know what to do in case doctors aren't on right away, he should have been placed in recovery position, you can't swallow your tongue
yeah i learned that on a first aid course. it blocks the air ways but you dont actually swallow your tongue.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7173 on: March 3, 2017, 01:26:34 pm »
Brutal, don't know if the smash into the back of the head or his head smashing into the ground did the damage (or both). Glad to hear he's ok.

Offline pa

• humbug
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #7174 on: March 3, 2017, 01:35:46 pm »
Get well soon Fernando!
More than for decades of supporting Liverpool, and you gave me some of the best moments.
Pity that you left in such circumstances.

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7175 on: March 3, 2017, 06:52:26 pm »
Ok he's fine.

He's back to being a grade A c*nt. (I sent him get well soon wishes ... scroll above ... he didn't respond with any thanks. Typical Fernando).

Cheers.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7176 on: March 3, 2017, 08:02:36 pm »
Yeah glad to see he's ok. Looked horrible that.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #7177 on: March 4, 2017, 07:18:28 am »
Sounds like he had a concussion, which isn't a small injury. 
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7178 on: March 4, 2017, 07:19:40 am »
Sounds like he had a concussion, which isn't a small injury. 
nope

But could have been so much worse

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7180 on: April 12, 2017, 08:17:23 pm »
A bit cheesy but brings back good memories from a great night.

http://www.football365.com/news/long-term-view-the-night-fernando-was-king

Long-term view: The night Fernando was king

There’s a story I always wanted to tell, but could never find anyone who would indulge my witterings.

If you don’t like it, if it is just not your cup of tea, then for what it’s worth, I remain forever on the side of taking no offence to that whatsoever; people have different tastes and this very modern belief that those different tastes represent a grave moral failing is frankly beneath our dignity.

If you hate it, if you really truly hate it – then buddy, I’d suggest you get that checked out by someone a little more sensitive to you than the anonymous glare of a computer screen.

If you like it, if it speaks to you of a hazy world evoked by the immediate reality of football, a world I often think of, then hey – I can promise it won’t change your life, but nice to have you on board.

It’s a story about a boy called Fernando, who grew up poor, comparatively. There are ways and ways to grow up in Madrid; a force dominated the city, that had won the affection of kings and dictators, and everyone abroad who cared nought for anything but winning; a plutocratic, entitled force, that invented names for the trophies it expected to own and published imaginary team-sheets featuring the players it deemed worthy of wearing its colours. Most people grew up supporting them. Most people prefer the easy option. Fernando grew up different, beneath a ragged banner of red and white, a useless alternative to the easy white.

But Fernando didn’t just support them; Fernando could fight. Much was expected of him. So much shouldn’t be expected of a teenager, but they were desperate for some dignity against the white, moneyed, mercenary horde who laid waste to them as barely an afterthought to their real battles, fought elsewhere – and Fernando could shoot, really shoot, so they picked him to lead whatever charge they could muster.

Defeat followed defeat. Tank shells bought from the most expensive catalogues were blitzed across the city, stones were thrown in return. The young Fernando grew up as the prince and figurehead of those in Madrid who helplessly made bad choices, who picked an underdog who twice a year would be beaten down again by a gang of aristocrats and mercenaries whose sole interest was the sport of humiliation. They had a rivalry, and this wasn’t it – this was merely an embarrassment of those in the city who were poor and helpless.

Fernando, if they thought of him at all, would be beaten down by the embarrassment, from determinedly trying to make a home and live in dignity in the buildings they occasionally destroyed. Eventually, having bled for the underdog too many times, he had to leave. He knew it was desertion, it would for a long time weigh heavily as that; but men have lives they seek to lead, a belief that things could be better, even if that means walking out on something precious.

Fast-forward, then, to a brisk and breezy night in March 2009. Happily clad, once again, in a shirt made of nothing but red and white, worn by those united more now by suffering than by glory, who sang hymns for their fallen comrades before each new battle, he’d already rode back with them to Madrid. It went okay. The defeat of the white force by the red was improbable, glorious for those back in Liverpool, but it didn’t do much to lift the stone that hung around Fernando’s neck. He’d never been an assassin of the white force, his record against them was barely noticeable, and as he walked early from the encounter with injured ankles the thing he truly wanted – to be engaged in a slaughter of them, milk-fed pigs shot in a run, not simply an honourable skirmish – felt like the kind of dream that kills you in agony.

Then they came to Anfield. And Pepe, one of the foulest of the white force, was thrown roughly and disdainfully to the ground by Fernando as he banged in the second of four – the kind of score that made the whole idea of Madrid seem momentarily ridiculous.

And because he was always a classy soldier, a better breed of person than so many of the white horde, he didn’t even seek to humiliate their fans who had flown across land and sea to witness this, and were now parked immediately by the goal; he merely skipped a few paces along the line, with his back to them, raising the lettering for them to see, should they ever have forgotten the name, wondered what became of Fernando, before leaving to celebrate with his new allies.

And it was one of my most favourite things I ever witnessed on a football pitch, where I could truly feel what it meant to the person in question, and made me want to tell you this silly little story. Go back and watch that game’s highlights on YouTube. It was the best and purest night Anfield has witnessed in decades. Ideally, you will find one without some genius deciding Albanian hardcore trance music makes a better backdrop than the original commentary…

Toby Sprigings

« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 08:20:14 pm by Xabi Gerrard »

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7181 on: April 15, 2017, 03:24:00 am »
I think I have forgiven Fernando Torres.

I have gone from almost hating the guy and willing him to fail, to now feeling like he is part of the club and only thinking of the good times.

He was wrong to leave us and not stick by Kenny when he had taken over from Hodgson - the good times were coming back. But given the state of the club at the time, I also can understand his reasons for wanting to get immediate success as he would have spent his peak years living through a rebuilding job. I can't agree with it as I felt he was letting down my hero Kenny Dalglish, but I can understand it.

But putting that all aside, what I see these days is respect towards the club from him. And we also made a handsome profit on him when he was just about to go on a downward curve. He is no Michael Owen, and anyone that suggests so is misinformed.

We can't forget the bad times when he left, but the good times appear to be shining so much brighter these days.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 12:58:12 pm by Keith Lard »

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #7182 on: April 15, 2017, 03:28:07 am »
Him reappearing for the friendly (was it Gerrard's testimonial?) helped give some closure and repaired some of the damage, he could've been a coward and turned it down but he was a man and faced up (eventually!) to what he did. So fair fucks to him.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #7183 on: April 15, 2017, 07:26:15 am »
Him reappearing for the friendly (was it Gerrard's testimonial?) helped give some closure and repaired some of the damage, he could've been a coward and turned it down but he was a man and faced up (eventually!) to what he did. So fair fucks to him.
It was a charity match for our Foundation, and one of the most fun, current & retired star-studded, chilled out, sad & nostalgic sigh-worthy, beautifully reconciliatory and meaningful games of its kind I've ever had the pleasure of watching. Often look back fondly on its many emotionally significant and symbolic moments.

Here's its thread:

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=320218.0
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7185 on: April 19, 2017, 11:03:32 pm »
I wish I wasn't so emotionally invested in him when he was ours. 2010 was a blow to the gut for many footballing reasons.

Loved him too much and then hated him with a passion. Still don't know what I really feel about it all.

What a great read that interview is though.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #7186 on: April 20, 2017, 05:05:25 am »
I wish I wasn't so emotionally invested in him when he was ours. 2010 was a blow to the gut for many footballing reasons.

Loved him too much and then hated him with a passion. Still don't know what I really feel about it all.

What a great read that interview is though.

Great interview, the Suarez sliding doors analogy was perfect. I'm not entirely sure about his thoughts on Kenny though.
We are Liverpool!

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7187 on: April 20, 2017, 11:28:51 am »
Suarez and him together would have been sensational

If he had have got that til the end if that season then I'm sure he would have stayed a good while longer. Shame

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7188 on: May 11, 2017, 09:53:56 pm »
I was watching a documentary on Torres on LFC TV. He was by far my most favourite striker in the modern day. That partnership with Stevie was just mesmerising. But more than anything Torres in his prime could score goals from everywhere. Left foot, right foot, tap-ins, headers, short range, long range, but most of all it was his pace that really terrified defenders. The sight of twice watching him terrify Rio Ferdinand and then Vidic was just priceless. What a team that was.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #7189 on: May 11, 2017, 11:11:29 pm »
Suarez and him together would have been sensational

If he had have got that til the end if that season then I'm sure he would have stayed a good while longer. Shame

Not initially , early doors suarez couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo and torres was past his sell by date ....history tells us suarez went on to become great , torres won trophies but felt hollow .

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #7190 on: May 12, 2017, 10:18:25 am »
I don't think he was past his use by date. He wasn't as good as 2009 Torres but he was showing signs of getting some of his form back under Kenny. At that point if anything he still had his physical attributes but mentally he was at a huge low moving to Chelsea only made that worse. But it's a weird one, Suarez was still a second striker at that point and you wonder if he'd have developed in the way he has if that had never changed; like he's bigger, stronger and far more clinical now whereas when he was at Ajax/just leaving he was nimble and a more creative/inventive passer.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7192 on: May 14, 2017, 06:31:20 am »
Storm.in tea cup that

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7193 on: May 14, 2017, 10:48:26 am »
Is right a stupid storm in the tea cup.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7194 on: May 14, 2017, 01:01:48 pm »

Offline sonny crockett

• Been highly respecting A@A since 2007, honestly, thinks the world of him!
  • Kopite
« Reply #7195 on: May 14, 2017, 07:54:40 pm »
When you've got no friends at the club why even do it.

Offline YayaP

• Is John McEnroe.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #7196 on: May 22, 2017, 02:33:13 pm »
Scored a brace yesterday on last day at Vicente Calderon. Scenes.
"I belong to a special club, I live with special people, this is a privilege, this is pure happiness." -Gerard Houllier

“When they start talking and talking about us, it shows they are worried about playing Liverpool,” - Rafa Benitez

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #7197 on: May 28, 2017, 06:48:14 pm »

LFC tv's Premier League Heroes show - this one on Torres - https://vid.me/7ZwB
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7198 on: June 6, 2017, 07:17:47 pm »
Torres set for move to Mexico - report

Tuesday June 6 2017

Atletico Madrid striker Fernando Torres could be set for a shock move to Mexican club Queretaro, say reports.

According to ESPN, the 33-year-old striker – who’s contract at the Vicente Calderon expires this summer – could significantly increase his wages at the Liga MX club.

The report continues that whilst Mexican sides can not officially sign any new players until September, a deal for the former Liverpool and Chelsea man could be formally concluded and announced as early as next week.

Having scored eight goals for Atletico in La Liga last season, it is understood the club would be willing to sanction his departure despite being unsuccessful in their appeal to overturn a transfer ban.

Negotations between the clubs and player are said to have been ongoing for the last three weeks with Queretaro the preferred destination ahead of Cruz Azul, who are managed by Paco Jemez.

http://www.football-espana.net/64451/torres-set-move-mexico-report

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #7199 on: June 17, 2017, 03:40:12 am »
Sign him, he'd be a great 3rd choice