Author Topic: Fabio Aurelio  (Read 93719 times)

Offline Mr Premier League

• Kopite
Re: Goodbye Aurelio
« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2010, 08:55:46 am »
Pity about the injuries, he was obviously a really good talented and solid player. Exactly what we need now.

Personally, I think we are nailed on for Belhadj at Portsmouth. Rafa likes players that do well against us.
Join my Circus.

Offline the_prodigal_s0n

• Whats occurrin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2010, 08:58:02 am »
I had hoped that the Aussie dr was here to keep good players like Fabio on the books, instead of Waller's 'throw a paracetamol' haphazard approach.
That's what I was hoping. Fabio was a great player for us and will be sorely missed. Great set piece taker and one of the best passers at the club (in my opinion the best, currently). Good luck to him.

Offline rafabenihill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2010, 09:09:25 am »
he's been great value considering he came to us on a free transfer..
White liquid in a bottle. It's milk, for sure.

Offline the_prodigal_s0n

• Whats occurrin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2010, 09:11:45 am »
he's been great value considering he came to us on a free transfer..

He was a quality player, but I fully expect him to be used in the media as another example of Rafa's poor transfer policy in 6 months time.

Offline redstevec

• Main Stander
  • Camina, Camina Con Esperanza de tu corazon
« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2010, 09:13:23 am »
As pretty much everyone has said, when he was fit he was a great team member. His distribution was first class more often than not and for a smallish guy he was good in the air. we all remember his goals - just weren't enough of them - but what about the cross for the first against Chelsea at Anfield season before last.
He also appeared to be a good lad - had first hand experience. He was on our plane going to Athens (think he got injured against PSV) with his wife and baby. Sat at front of the plane with his leg in a cast. Dealt with the rabble really well - did particularly well with me - signed me shirt - unfortunately wore it to the final with AC so not exactly a good luck charm. In all probability the shirt was injured for the final!!

Anyway I was a big fan before he joined - watched him play for Valencia. Thanks for the service, the goals and the class, Fabio!

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2010, 09:13:42 am »
Good luck to him. Shame he didn't take the pay as you play after us paying him the whole time he was injured. Decent player though and I wish him all the best.

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2010, 09:14:23 am »
A good player - who plays too infrequently. If true, a sad, but wise move.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2010, 09:27:45 am »

Seriously, check out that technique.

Body shape, head over the ball, absolutely perfect.
An exceptional footballer.

Oh, yes.

Offline doikc

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2010, 09:31:23 am »
Offered something when he was able to play, pity the Aussy Doc won't get a chance to have a look at him.
I wish him all the best and thanks for the memories
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." Mahatma Gandhi. Benitez YNWA

Offline rafabenihill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2010, 09:33:42 am »

yes. rafa said he's better than alonso in terms of technique

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2010, 09:33:49 am »
One of the most skilful and talented football player to done the Liverpool jersey over the past few years.  Seriously though, technique like what Fabio had, you cannot coach.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2010, 09:34:15 am »

Body shape, head over the ball, absolutely perfect.Oh, yes.
Exactly why I posted it Hank. And it was a quick one as well, no time to tee it up.

Only other player that springs to mind looking at that technique is Sneijder.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline StevenLFC

• Charles Colville. Spyin Kop purveyor extraordinaire. Likes pigeons and buses.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @stehoare
    • The Bib Theorists
« Reply #92 on: May 12, 2010, 09:41:36 am »
Top player, just been injured too much. Hope we get a decent replacement as I'm not convinced that Insua is the man to be our number 1 left back.

Offline HiroProtagonist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: May 12, 2010, 09:42:31 am »
One of our best players during 2008/09. Unfortunately, he has been too injury prone for the rest of the time. Good luck Fabio.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #94 on: May 12, 2010, 09:46:09 am »
Exactly why I posted it Hank. And it was a quick one as well, no time to tee it up.

Only other player that springs to mind looking at that technique is Sneijder.
Yep.  Sneijder's forehead and foot seem to be at touching distance when he strikes a ball.  Amazing body shape.

When I go home tonight, I'm going straight into the garden and, keeping that image in mind, repeatedly strike the ball against the wall.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: May 12, 2010, 09:46:54 am »
Shame he has to go, but I really couldn't see either side budging.

Clubs just trying to make sure they're not wasting money on someone who's got a track record of spending a lot of time in treatment room, players just wanting to shore up his future as he enters the twilight of his career.

Ah well, think it's safe to say Rafa will be looking to pick up an experienced LB, if he hasn't already identified one.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: May 12, 2010, 09:56:49 am »
Ah well, think it's safe to say Rafa will be looking to pick up an experienced LB, if he hasn't already identified one.
What like the last one, the experienced Italian international LB? Such a problem position for us, if only we could have extracted JAR's fitness (leaving him an emaciated ginger husk) and given it to Fabio.

Is Insua going to the WC? Hopefully will benefit him if he does, but as evidenced this season, he's nowhere near ready to assume the role of regular first choice LB.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Robo707

• Anny Roader
« Reply #97 on: May 12, 2010, 09:57:17 am »
Strange one, I rate Aurelio more than Insua.....just IMO right enough.

Better passer, better marker of an opposition player and better all round player.
L.F.C. - WITH PRIDE

Offline otitito

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: May 12, 2010, 09:58:29 am »
I will remember the goals at the Toilet and the Bridge. I will also remember his blunder against Arshavin.

Injuries never help. Even when he could play this season, Insua's ahead of him for Rafa. Rightly so in terms of performance.

Online Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #99 on: May 12, 2010, 10:02:01 am »
Aurelio mentioned in an interview that he learnt his free kick technique from Rogério Ceni(free kick taking goalkeeper) when he was a youngster at Sao Paulo and if you watch youtube clips he looks like a right footed Aurelio, identical stance.

It's a shame we're letting him go with the new doctor coming in next season as he's got a sweet left foot and last season he seemed to be getting over his reoccurring breakdowns. How he must regret that game of footy in the garden with his kids.. and what a sorry state of affairs we're in when we can't afford to offer Aurelio an extension.

Wish him the best of luck at his next club and thanks for the memories and your boss freekicks.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2010, 10:12:32 am »
Is Insua going to the WC? Hopefully will benefit him if he does, but as evidenced this season, he's nowhere near ready to assume the role of regular first choice LB.

Masch and Maxi, no Insua.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2010, 10:17:46 am »
Good luck to him

Offline rafabenihill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2010, 10:20:25 am »
When I go home tonight, I'm going straight into the garden and, keeping that image in mind, repeatedly strike the ball against the wall.

you are supposed to hit the ball OVER the wall, not against it..

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2010, 10:22:37 am »
he hasnt gone yet, this is pure speculation.

we would be unwise to let him go knowing we only have insua and agger as our left backs. unless someone can say that we have robinson and mavinga coming through and able to step up.

keep him i say.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Joe_Singh

• Legacy Fan
  • My idea is always to win trophies, not just games
    • Joe Singh
« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2010, 10:36:38 am »
I'm guessing he was offered a pay as you play which he has rejected.

Thanks for those Free Kicks Aurelio.

Good Luck
What I love about this, and several other of Kenny's press conferences, is that he manages to say something to the effect of  'Shut the fuck up, you fucking helmets and don't fuck with me or my football club or I'll make you eat your own balls', without actually using th

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
  • Walking through the storm.
    • Last FM
« Reply #105 on: May 12, 2010, 10:57:12 am »
Its a shame cause he is a great player but just too injury prone.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: May 12, 2010, 11:22:55 am »
he hasnt gone yet, this is pure speculation.

we would be unwise to let him go knowing we only have insua and agger as our left backs. unless someone can say that we have robinson and mavinga coming through and able to step up.

keep him i say.
Along with Neil, I don't think you could find someone who could agree more that he needs to stay. But time to get a grip on reality, it's not speculation, think it's pretty telling that the club never even offered him an extension LAST summer (on the back of a great season). Zero reward unlike others. And he's now rejected the only one on offer, which you can't fault him for all things considered -can't really expect him to sign the same type of PAYP deal that Rafa offered Harry "I deserve to take it easy" Kewell, a player who frustrated much more, and contributed far less.

PAYP deals benefit no-one really - the player doesn't give 100% for fear of injury and being left up shit creek without a paddle, and the club don't have a financial motivation to play him regularly, as it will ultimately cost them more than offering a 1-year fixed contract.

We bemoan the lack of experience and quality in our squad, and yet we still let go of players like Hyypia and Aurelio far too easily. I don't understand it.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #107 on: May 12, 2010, 11:24:10 am »
Bye Flabby Whore Alien.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: May 12, 2010, 11:35:54 am »
Bye Flabby Whore Alien.
Ha ha, don't recall that particular Sabu gem, was that after the OT game? Maybe it's time for a new sig to replace Duck, the unskilled labia...

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #109 on: May 12, 2010, 11:47:22 am »
Ha ha, don't recall that particular Sabu gem, was that after the OT game? Maybe it's time for a new sig to replace Duck, the unskilled labia...

No, that was this...

Flappy Ho! Yore leftly feet is sweet, sweet like chuck lot. This freedom kick it leaf Evander SARS stare into space in style slack jaw retard. Sabu offer sacrifice to the GAWDS tonight in yer Honor (not Blackman).

Here's the one I was thinking of...

my scouse it was privet lynch (not Kenny) to see it again, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien WRITE SABU PUNDIT. WHo will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as a bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg that should be Cerys. 

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: May 12, 2010, 11:52:29 am »
No, that was this...

Here's the one I was thinking of...

;D Cheers for saving me the trouble, now which to choose, hmmm?

Offline astrored

• is this the worst custom title in living memory?...
  • Anny Roader
  • Paradox
« Reply #111 on: May 12, 2010, 12:05:21 pm »
Was always glad to see him on the team sheet.  Best left back we've had for many years.  Too bad he is made of glass.  He is without a doubt a great player.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #112 on: May 12, 2010, 12:06:45 pm »
yeah but is he going cos he hates rafa's man managment or cos the yanks want to cut back on the physio bills?  Its one or the other shurley.

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: May 12, 2010, 12:44:14 pm »
His injuries cost us the European Cup in 2007 and 2008.

Offline Rafas Christmas Coats

• doesn't have the X Factor
  • Kopite
  • May have been jackets!
« Reply #114 on: May 12, 2010, 01:35:45 pm »
Torres' the league this year.
Like every other knobhead, I have a twitter account. twitter.com/guibuttersnaps

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: May 12, 2010, 01:36:13 pm »
If that's not sarcastic and a fishing attempt then get a grip - is that the sum of your comments on the player?

If we're getting into it, I'd look very strongly to our manager for the Athens defeat (formation, lone Kuyt, no Bellamy, taking Masch off). And of course by taking a knock and having to go off, he is therefore completely and solely responsible for Riise's clusterfuck the following year as well. But no doubt you're convinced he'd have also kicked off some other chaos theory event to prevent us rattling the Mancs 5-0 in Moscow.

Feel free to post "whoosh" and backtrack if you like ::)

Offline Bosshog

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • what a hit son.....WHAT A HIT!!!!!!!
« Reply #116 on: May 12, 2010, 01:48:03 pm »
doesn't fancy a pay as you play which is all we can offer him since he is made of glass

just seen him strolling through town

;D
Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose: it's how drunk you get!!

Homer Simpson

Offline Simon C

• witty wording
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tries to post intelligently and normally fails..
« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2010, 01:50:12 pm »
As has already been said, great player when fit but as robust as a chandalier. IMO a pay as you play was the best he was going to get.

Good luck for the future.

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: May 12, 2010, 01:50:42 pm »
If that's not sarcastic and a fishing attempt then get a grip - is that the sum of your comments on the player?

Chill homie, it was tongue-in-cheek. I do think we missed him in both campaigns, mind you. I think we miss him in general.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: May 12, 2010, 02:02:37 pm »
Chill homie, it was tongue-in-cheek. I do think we missed him in both campaigns, mind you. I think we miss him in general.
We did well enough to get to Athens without him, and he played an important part in 2008, right up until that knock in the SF, and his replacement,as the cross came in, suffered that horrific stroke that paralysed the entire right side of his body.

I agree in general though that we have missed him greatly, but like Sami, not as much as we will when he's gone.

What's Cissokho priced at these days? £15-20m? Therein lies the problem.