Author Topic: Leaving before the final whistle.  (Read 17092 times)

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Leaving before the final whistle.
« on: November 30, 2016, 09:59:08 am »
This fucking pisses me off.

Whether the game is already won,drawing or losing-it's something i have never done & i can't stand it.
Something that needs addressing.
Last night was terrible,embarrassing.
The players were thanking a half empty stadium for their backing.
Support the team & til the fucking end too.

Mods,couldn't find another similar-merge if so & apologies in advance.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
Re: Leaving before the final whistle.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 10:06:18 am »
Not everyone can have the luxury of staying until the final whistle, if I take the car it can easily extend my trip home by one hour plus - not great when you have to get up for work the next morning.

I tend to leave my seat at the back of the kop around 88 mins and walk down the steps to the very front, making my jog to the car a little quicker meaning I get home usually within 20 mins instead of 1 hour plus.

Life doesn't have to revolve around football and Liverpool

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 10:10:06 am »
I heard them sing, "is there a fire drill?"

It is getting a joke, literally thousands every game.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 10:10:56 am »
Not sure what you mean when you say it needs addressing?

It happens at most grounds, and I think with the increased capacity probably happens more now for us.

I don't necessarily disagree - however, I have been a season ticket holder for over 30 years (old sod), my lad is severely disabled and the fact is if I do leave slightly earlier (normally in injury time), it can save me quite a bit of time on the way home, which is around a 90 minute drive.
It's worse for me now a lot of the games kick off at all sorts of different times.

Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 10:39:03 am »
So don't come then? No ones forcing you.

No one is forcing him to stay the whole 90 minutes either  ???

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 10:41:06 am »

He wants to go.  He is entitled to do what he wants, when he has bought the ticket.

Don't preach and tell him how he should behave.

Ideally, I'm sure he and everyone else would love to stay right until the end. 

I do most of the time, but sometimes you have to leave early for various reasons.  I had to leave 5 mins early once otherwise I'd have missed a flight. 

Telling fans not to go because they leave a few minutes early, seems out of order to me.  You do not know the circumstances of why these people are leaving early.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 10:42:44 am »
You do not know the circumstances of why these people are leaving early.

99.9% of them just want to get home a bit earlier, like the guy said. Dont delude yourself these are all "getting flights"  ;D

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2016, 10:45:54 am »
Whatever. Half the stadium had to leave early for 'various reasons' last night and it was pathetic to witness.

It's nothing new in games like last night, been the same since I've been going which is well over 25 years now.

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2016, 10:47:11 am »
Turn it in softlad.

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2016, 10:47:46 am »
Live and let live. It's really not the end of the world if people want to leave early is it??

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2016, 10:47:59 am »
Whatever. Half the stadium had to leave early for 'various reasons' last night and it was pathetic to witness.

You can't dictate to people when they leave.
Sure when it happens very early and in their 1000's it doesn't look good, Klopp even once commented himself I think.
However, you can't lock the doors mate.

I admit I do sometimes leave a little earlier, few minutes, but it's my season ticket and I have genuine reasons for doing so.
Many others probably the same.

Car parking facilities and the road network don't help - it's gridlocked outside Anfield within minutes of the game finishing and a lot of our support (me included), face a long drive home.

The big problem is not people leaving early it's the atmosphere or often the lack of they create whilst at the ground.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 10:56:49 am by Bullet Riddled Alfredo »
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2016, 10:48:24 am »

Offline ScouserCal

• Main Stander
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2016, 10:48:48 am »
Always stay to till the end myself but i can fully understand why people leave early.

anyone thats driving to the game has to leave early or its gridlocked for a few miles around anfield.

the last few games were its been tight no ones left, thats the main thing.

Making a mountain of a mole hill lad

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2016, 10:56:46 am »

Don`t you think if the game was a nailbiter, an important match, where the team needed his support, people like Gary would stay to the bitter end?

The job was done, no harm in nicking off early.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2016, 11:01:49 am »
My cousin had to leave 5 minutes.
He lives in Londoin and drove all the way up to support his team.
He needed to get away early; saw his team had wrapped it up and headed away to beat traffic.
Nothing wrong with that.

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2016, 11:02:06 am »
Don`t you think if the game was a nailbiter, an important match, where the team needed his support, people like Gary would stay to the bitter end?

The job was done, no harm in nicking off early.
Exactly, even if it was 1-0 i'd have been stood at the bottom of the Kop like I usually do and waited for the final whistle.

If the game is in the bag, as i've said its an absolute nightmare getting home if I wait at my seat at the back of the kop and try and get to my car i'm easily looking at midnight before I get in (I live in Liverpool too!). This happens when I have the car, if I don't then i'll stay. My statement about life not revolving around football is about me getting home so I can get my head down before i'm back up again at 6am trying to get myself and a 1 year old child ready for nursery. The statement of "So don't come then? No ones forcing you." is absolutely ridiculous. So fucking what if I leave early as my life and what goes on in it are more important than clapping a few 'millionaire' players off the pitch.

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2016, 11:02:42 am »
Agreeing to disagree with those who leave early just to get home earlier..
Unless its urgent or an emergency its something that i'll never agree with.
JK has made a point of it already & he is spot on.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2016, 11:05:41 am »
but I'd worry more that only a small number of us seemed arsed about making some noise and supporting the team for the 90 minutes before that. Given how Klopp has repeatedly said he believes that the atmosphere and the noise we make genuinely makes a difference, it is fucking maddening to have so many people just not remotely bothered about making some noise / singing some songs.

Yes, that's far more of an issue.

When you're there at least look like you want to support.

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2016, 11:19:36 am »
Everyone needs to leave early then people will start to stay to avoid traffic.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2016, 11:22:16 am »
If the game wasn't dead on 85 minutes, not so many people would have left.

Leaving had absolutely no effect on the team - the game was already won.

You appear to be arsed purely because some shitehawk Championship fans were singing about a fire drill. Honestly, who gives a shit?

You would have valid grounds for complaint if people were leaving when it was 1-0 and tense at the end and the team needed our support. This wasn't the case though.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2016, 11:23:27 am »
Midweek games get it worse than most, people have lives to live and its late. Especially when the game is won already.

Don't see the issue personally.

EDIT

And if the transport links around Anfield, and many other inner city football grounds for that matter, weren't so terrible perhaps it wouldnt be a problem.

But they are. They're shit. So people take measures to compensate, just the way it is.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 11:27:20 am by Cpt_Reina »

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2016, 11:25:35 am »
Being happening for donkeys at Anfield and happens all around the country too.

Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2016, 11:29:24 am »
Leaving before the end looks crap, but the game was won. It is annoying, but I'd worry more that only a small number of us seemed arsed about making some noise and supporting the team for the 90 minutes before that. Given how Klopp has repeatedly said he believes that the atmosphere and the noise we make genuinely makes a difference, it is fucking maddening to have so many people just not remotely bothered about making some noise / singing some songs.

this is spot on for me.

I'll hold my hands up i left on 89 mins yesterday.

That doesn't make me less of a fan. And yes i wanted to save myself an hour of sitting in traffic as had to be up early for work today. I stayed to the end on Saturday does that make me better?! does it fuck

If the ground had been bouncing and people had left on 89 no one would be arsed. it was a combination of events yesterday that's got to everyone.

the issues that need addressing, leaving on 89 minutes is way down the list

edit - turning up 15 minutes into the game was a biggie yesterday too. never seen so many late arrivals!!

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2016, 11:36:38 am »
Do you know what I can't stand?

When people look down on others just because they don't feel the same way as them, or do the same things as them or have the same beliefs.

It's fine to disagree, and talk about why you disagree. God knows I've had quite a few disagreements on this forum, but to act like you're superior is pathetic.

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2016, 11:38:39 am »
Yeah, my brother said the same thing - it's not just that they don't sing. Fair enough if you don't know the words or something, but at least clap your fucking hands along or something. Add SOMETHING to the atmosphere. I was up in 306 so it wasn't *as* bad up there. I didn't hear the stand up...etc thing for example. But it was crap. Embarrassing, really.

Not everyone is that type of person though. I'm sure there's plenty of 'shy' or 'quiet' Liverpool fans that want to go and watch their team play. You can't force them to do something they're not comfortable doing and you can't deprive them of wanting to see their team play in the flesh.

People are being very narrow minded.

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2016, 11:39:18 am »
It was absolutely grim to be a part of.

Offline butchersdog

• Scouse Tiger.....grrrr :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2016, 11:41:52 am »
Not down with leaving early personally. Always the odd exception but as a general rule of thumb it's not something I think is ok en masse.

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2016, 11:43:20 am »

edit - turning up 15 minutes into the game was a biggie yesterday too. never seen so many late arrivals!!

Not sure what was going on last night - as you say, there were loads of late arrivals. I know traffic was a bit grim last night, but many of the latercomers were carrying coffee/ pies etc, so it wasn't a case of simply being held up, and people seemed to be up and down throughout the game, leaving 5 minutes early at half time, getting back 5 minutes into the 2nd half etc. Maybe I'm just a nark, but I've always been in my seat early, stayed there when the game's on and not left until the whistle goes. Tickets cost a lot and I intend to see all of the game I can.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2016, 11:49:09 am »
Not everyone is that type of person though. I'm sure there's plenty of 'shy' or 'quiet' Liverpool fans that want to go and watch their team play. You can't force them to do something they're not comfortable doing and you can't deprive them of wanting to see their team play in the flesh.

People are being very narrow minded.

Not sure if this is a sarcastic comment or not  :D

What's stopping people from clapping along and helping with the atmosphere?

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2016, 11:49:35 am »
When I saw the opening post, I thought the vast majority of this forum would be in agreement but I was clearly wrong.

I can understand people leaving early if they have a legitimate reason. An emergency. But to me that does not include simply leaving to "beat the traffic". It's a poor excuse and many people who have this way of thinking will leave early regardless of the match situation and regardless of the score.

Whilst you're beating the traffic, tens of thousands of fellow fans are not. Do they care? Do they fuck. Whilst you're getting an extra hour in bed, tens of thousands of fellow fans are not.

It especially angers the hell out of me to see people leaving when it is a close match; 0-0, 1-0, 0-1, whatever. That is when the team needs us most but you will still get hundreds, maybe thousands leaving because that is what they do. It's not a spur of the moment thought, it is a pre-planned exit.

If you don't intend on staying the full 90 minutes then don't go. If getting home earlier and having a little longer in bed is more important than applauding the team off the pitch then don't go. Give your ticket to someone who will stay till the end because there are plenty out there who cannot get tickets despite wanting them.

I personally don't give a shit if I have to have an hours less sleep before work the next day. I don't care if I have to sit through more traffic than normal; I am not alone. That is part of what being a football fan is all about. When I'm at a game, it is the most important thing in the world to me.

If you're that desperate to avoid the traffic, park further away from the ground. I park 2 miles away. It's free. Takes only a 25 minute walk to get back to my car and then it's only 10 minutes until I'm on the motorway.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2016, 11:51:16 am »
Super fan alert.

Different people have different reasons for leaving early. Drawing 1-1 with 5 minutes to go? Yeah maybe I can see your point but in a game like this it's undeetstable

You have no right to tell people what to do my friend

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2016, 11:53:08 am »
Sorry but there's no way staying an extra three minutes means you'll have an extra hour of traffic to go through.

And to be fair, if you've got other commitments I really don't get why you'd go to a game you can't fully partake in. Thats your choice obviously, tickets are there for anyone to buy and do as they see fit and you can sit there on your phone for the whole game and not watch the game or sing once. But whats the point? The manager is constantly talking about EVERYONE performing. Including the fans. A bunch of kids have just got us into a cup semi-final. I don't think you're a fucking monster if you wanted to leave early on a cold night after we've comfortably gone through but....it doesn't exactly reflect well does it?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2016, 11:53:34 am »
Life doesn't have to revolve around football and Liverpool
I'm sorry, what?!!!  :o

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2016, 11:54:18 am »
Super fan alert.

Different people have different reasons for leaving early. Drawing 1-1 with 5 minutes to go? Yeah maybe I can see your point but in a game like this it's undeetstable

You have no right to tell people what to do my friend

If you can stay when the score is 1-1 then you can stay when the score is 2-0 because there clearly isn't a pressing reason to leave.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2016, 12:05:17 pm »
Sorry but there's no way staying an extra three minutes means you'll have an extra hour of traffic to go through.

And to be fair, if you've got other commitments I really don't get why you'd go to a game you can't fully partake in. Thats your choice obviously, tickets are there for anyone to buy and do as they see fit and you can sit there on your phone for the whole game and not watch the game or sing once. But whats the point? The manager is constantly talking about EVERYONE performing. Including the fans. A bunch of kids have just got us into a cup semi-final. I don't think you're a fucking monster if you wanted to leave early on a cold night after we've comfortably gone through but....it doesn't exactly reflect well does it?

If the fans were being paid as much as the players and the Manager, I'm sure they would be bouncing all game  ;D

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2016, 12:08:17 pm »
When I saw the opening post, I thought the vast majority of this forum would be in agreement but I was clearly wrong.

I can understand people leaving early if they have a legitimate reason. An emergency. But to me that does not include simply leaving to "beat the traffic". It's a poor excuse and many people who have this way of thinking will leave early regardless of the match situation and regardless of the score.

Whilst you're beating the traffic, tens of thousands of fellow fans are not. Do they care? Do they fuck. Whilst you're getting an extra hour in bed, tens of thousands of fellow fans are not.

It especially angers the hell out of me to see people leaving when it is a close match; 0-0, 1-0, 0-1, whatever. That is when the team needs us most but you will still get hundreds, maybe thousands leaving because that is what they do. It's not a spur of the moment thought, it is a pre-planned exit.

If you don't intend on staying the full 90 minutes then don't go. If getting home earlier and having a little longer in bed is more important than applauding the team off the pitch then don't go. Give your ticket to someone who will stay till the end because there are plenty out there who cannot get tickets despite wanting them.

I personally don't give a shit if I have to have an hours less sleep before work the next day. I don't care if I have to sit through more traffic than normal; I am not alone. That is part of what being a football fan is all about. When I'm at a game, it is the most important thing in the world to me.

If you're that desperate to avoid the traffic, park further away from the ground. I park 2 miles away. It's free. Takes only a 25 minute walk to get back to my car and then it's only 10 minutes until I'm on the motorway.

Yep spot on mate.

Offline mainone

• Anny Roader
  • this is the end.....
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2016, 12:12:04 pm »
This is similar to comments on atmosphere , if you dont sing give your season ticket up , i go the game i have a season ticket i have the choice to do what i want.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2016, 12:14:33 pm »
If you can stay when the score is 1-1 then you can stay when the score is 2-0 because there clearly isn't a pressing reason to leave.
And this ends the argument.

Offline butchersdog

• Scouse Tiger.....grrrr :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2016, 12:16:34 pm »
This is similar to comments on atmosphere , if you dont sing give your season ticket up , i go the game i have a season ticket i have the choice to do what i want.

That's fine mate. Just don't complain about the people standing up cos they hate Man U, sing 'easy, easy', wearing half and half scarves, using selfie sticks, arl fellas who moan and criticise all game, people watching the match through the screen of a camera phone, anyone who turns up in fancy dress, fans who complain about people waving flags before kick off, etc. Cos they've paid their money and have the choice to do what they want too, whatever the culture of our fanbase is, it's all about the individual.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 12:32:15 pm by butchersdog »

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2016, 12:19:21 pm »

A gegenpressing reason to leave might be acceptable, though...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...