Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp: Why This is Going to be Something Special (Part II)  (Read 56604 times)

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
YouTube comment sections are usually a hovel full of vitriol and stupidity, but every so often you stumble across something worthwhile and enlightening. One of these rare occasions occurred whilst I was browsing the comments section of a My Bloody Valentine single (if you haven't heard of My Bloody Valentine, they're an amazing Irish shoegaze band and you should go look them up). After taking a 20 year hiatus, My Bloody Valentine came out with the brilliant MBV in 2013. Not quite as good as Loveless, but then Loveless is the best 90's album I've ever listened to (piss off OK Computer). I was instantly swept away by MBV, particularly the opening three tracks. The waves of fuzzy guitars and sonic booms lapping over you. And despite the cataclysmic sound, behind the frenetic noise is structure and subtlety. What sounds like harum sacrum music is actually beautifully intricate and arranged perfectly. Layers and layers are built upon each other, all working to create something special.

The comment in question, described the sound as "compressing the universe into a sugar cube." It instantly made sense to me, and it captured my imagination. At the time MBV was released, Borussia Dortmund were stampeding towards the latter stages of the Champions League, and being taken by them as I was, I spent a great deal of time watching Dortmund games (mostly Champions League) along with repeatedly listening to MBV. Instantly there was a connection. When I listened to MBV, I thought of Dortmund, when I watched Dortmund, "Only Tomorrow" and "Who Sees You" played in my head. Despite Klopp emphasising running, heart, emotion and guts, he also says his teams are tactically prepared, the triggers for when to press, who to press, for how long to press. When player A gets the ball, player B goes here and player C goes there. To the naked eye, this is spontaneous and free form, but that couldn't be further from the truth. Klopp meticulously fine tunes every aspect of his teams to squeeze every drop he possibly can from his players. So like Kevin Shields, Klopp is obsessed with having every cog working to produce the best possible end result. Plus I reckon Kevin Shields is bang into Gegenpressing.

After Borussia Dortmund drew 2-2 away to Real Madrid in the Champions League group stages, having dominated the match and in the process making Madrid look like semi professionals, I placed a sizeable bet on Dortmund to go the whole way and win Aul big ears (sizeable for a barman on minimum wage at least). The return would have been in the thousands. That night was a eureka moment for me. I had grown up watching Pep Guardiola's Barcelona side conquer all before them from 2008-2012. The pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, goal. Kick off, interception, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass..
I thought this was the way to play football. Not just a way of playing, but the only way if you wanted to win. Then came Jurgen Klopp and Borussia Dortmund. That first half in particular against Real Madrid was one of the most captivating performances I can remember from any team. I sat bewitched, watching as guys like Xabi Alonso, Luka Modric and Mesut Ozil looked hapless against the swarm of yellow and black who wouldn't leave them alone. And they weren't playing the same way Barcelona played either, it was more direct, and much quicker. It was that night where I became convinced Borussia Dortmund could win the Champions League. After the game, Klopp said "I'm sure we will still remember this game in 10 years' time," - little did he know, that game would almost be rendered obsolete by another game against Real just 5 months later.

In the quarter final, Dormund survived a major scare against Manuel Pellegrini's Malaga side. Malaga were well organised, and in Isco they had a player who could prove decisive in certain moments of the game. Isco didn't dictate or dominate that second leg, but he sprinkled it with quality. His pass for Malaga's second goal in particular was wonderful. That should have been the moment that sent Malaga to an unprecedented Champions League semi final, but Dortmund had other ideas. Reus produced Dortmund's Neil Mellor goal, and Felipe Santana, less spectacularly produced Steven Gerrard's goal against Olympiakos. The goal should have been disallowed for offside, but as Klopp rightfully pointed out after the game, so should one of Malaga's. The only positive from the Malaga game was Lewandowski's goal, after a marvellous spinning flick assist from Marco Reus.

Then came the semi final first leg against their group stage opposition Real Madrid. Real Madrid arrived at the Westfalenstadion stadium with a starting 11 costing not far off the 300 million mark. Ronaldo 80; Alonso 35; Modric 35; Pepe 30; Coentrao 25; Ramos 20. Dortmund on the other hand, started that game with a team that cost little over 30 million, with Marco Reus making up almost 50% of that number. 90 minutes later, the galacticos of Real Madrid left the field battered, bruised and beaten. The last time they had suffered a defeat this wide, it was against their arch rivals Barcelona, but then Dortmund didn't have Xavi, Iniesta or Messi. Despite having quality players in Reus, Gundogan, Gotze and Lewandowski, Dortmund played as a team. Every single player played their part that night. Schmelzer's crappy dragged shot that landed at Lewandowski, who spun and fired into the roof of the net. Hummels, despite a horrendous error, maintaining a winning mentality and along with Subotic blocking and stretching for everything. Gundogan putting in one of the most complete central midfield performances I've ever seen (he really is brilliant that lad). Reus, Gotze and Kuba chasing down every ball without a second thought. And then Lewandowski, who also did pretty well that night. Spurred on by the crowd, Dortmund were sensational. Never before had the MBV comparison made more sense. There's an Oscar winning film to be made from playing "Who Sees You" over that 4-1 game I tell you.

Despite being on a fantastic run at the time under Brendan Rodgers, spurred on by the January signings of Sturridge and Coutinho, seeing a sweaty, ruffled and visceral Jurgen Klopp being interviewed after the Malaga game, pushing his glasses up, then down, swaying from side to side. Looking up and down, seemingly unable to compose himself. The spontaneous laughter, the honest and endearing nature of his answers all made me warm to the man. At the time it seemed like a pipe dream, but I wanted him to manage my team. I wanted that sort of real feeling instilled into my team. I wanted that do or die attitude in my team. I wanted the balls to the wall intensity of that Dortmund side to be reflected in my team.

Alas, here we are, 2 and a half years on from that interview, and Jurgen Klopp is managing OUR team. In the complexity of modern day football, it's sometimes easy to forget that the number one thing a fan wants, whether it be Grimsby fans, Southend fans, Dumbarton fans or Liverpool fans is their team to put their heart and soul into every game. Any player who can't get on board with that notion, no matter how good, will find himself out of the door with this fella in charge - I guarantee it.

Although it will take time to get anywhere near the performance level Dortmund reached against Madrid that night, the ride will be fun. By the time Klopp's Dortmund had dismantled Real Madrid, they were already double league champions. I've been sat here listening once more to MBV, attempting to think of a nice way of tying this up, but I clearly lack the intellect to do so (it is 4am). So in the spirit of Jurgen Klopp, and with my heart on my sleeve - Jurgen Klopp is going to take this league by storm, and I for one can't fucking wait. Enjoy it.

I've been on RAWK for a long time. I prefer to read rather than comment. It's been ages since I last started a thread. Took me a few minutes to figure out how. Even then, I decided to quote this brilliant Mr.Dilkington OP that was posted a few days after Klopp came on board.

Exciting times with plenty of optimism. Since then, we've had a lot of ups and a bot of downs here and there. With the excitement of swatting out Utd of Europa still reverberates, Dortmund coming up and top 4 still a distinct possibility - perhaps it's a good time to hear thoughts of people here on Klopp and the steady progress that we've made these past 5 months and going forward

I'm not much of a writer so better leave it to the many brilliant scribes that we have here. I will however close with something that was written by a Utd fan which kind of summed up my feelings of where we are at the moment

"One thing that's for certain is that Liverpool now have a manager who will get the absolute best out of his players, inspire and unite them, and make sure they know exactly what to do when they walk out onto any pitch. Klopp has managed to do this with a squad of players that aren't strictly his "own", having only had one transfer window - a January one at that - to add or trim the squad, yet these players clearly believe in and trust him more than any currently playing under Van Gaal. Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal has had time to build his team - and the resources have been provided, the massive changes in personnel implemented - and I would argue that Klopp has already taken Liverpool further than Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal has us"

Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Zapata316

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
Re: Jürgen Klopp: Why This is Going to be Something Special (Part II)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 02:46:29 pm »
I still have moments where it hits me that Klopp is our manager.  Even after almost 6 months, I still can't believe it :)  Considering he hasn't brought in any of his own players yet, it has been a very promising start.  I'm sure we will get stronger and stronger over the next few years.

Offline skivvy149

• Anny Roader
  • Believer
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 03:00:16 pm »
He seems to have united the players and fans, his man management looks so good, especially at the final whistle when he's on the pitch hugging the players and you can see that they genuinely love the man, he motivates them to be better and stronger. I'll always be thankful for Brendan taking us so close and the amazing football we played, but Klopp has me genuinely believing, as Adrian Durham said on Talksport, that we are witnessing the start of something special.

Maybe we should thank the board for taking the chance to get him before the likes of Chelsea or the Mancs did

Offline invader_gir

• Anny Roader
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 03:01:32 pm »
I still have moments where it hits me that Klopp is our manager.  Even after almost 6 months, I still can't believe it :)  Considering he hasn't brought in any of his own players yet, it has been a very promising start.  I'm sure we will get stronger and stronger over the next few years.
I still remember tracking his flight on my browser, I never did that for anyone before.

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 03:15:54 pm »
I still have moments where it hits me that Klopp is our manager. 

Yes. What a ride it's been already. And he's not even started yet.  :o

Thanks for the OP, made for some very nice reading  :)
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 03:20:48 pm »
Awesome post from Mr Dilkington.

We have the best manager in the league and he still will be the best manager next season when Conte &  Pep join the ranks of the PL.

I wouldn't swap him for any manager in the world.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2016, 04:16:33 pm »
Truly superb bit of scribing from Dilks, thanks for reigniting it MNAA. A prophet, the Messiah, Shanklyesque, I've heard all the accolades. Have no doubt this man is the real deal. This season is not over yet and I predict we will end it with a big smile on our faces and impatient for the new season to begin. He has, singlehandedly pulled together our disparate support and united them, something I thought impossible given our recent travails.

No matter the history between the two countries, I, and many other scousers, have always felt an affinity with the German football fan and Dortmund in particular, though Gladbach run them close. Dortmund's yellow wall is true testimony to their affinity to Liverpool FC for it is a distinctly German homage to it; witness their large banner depicting justice to the 96 for confirmation. Is it coincidence Jurgen chose us over the many offers he surely received? Or was it destiny? Guessing he is a spiritual man, I choose to believe the latter.

I truly believe we have a unique, innovative, inspirational leader of our club, the like of only Bill can we compare. I am smitten, I'm on board, I'm in. At 59 years young, with half a century behind me of watching the mighty reds, he has rekindled my verve and vitality for the liver bird on my chest like no other. Bill will always be my hero but he got me young and impressionable. This guy has managed to revitalise a grumpy, cynical aul arse and make him believe again. Go 'ed, Jurgen, lad
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 06:57:43 pm by vivabobbygraham »
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2016, 05:28:40 pm »
I went through the Klopp thread last night, from just when he was about to be announced to when he finally was - just to soak in the hope and optimism and the buzz. Crazy!
Still hard to believe this man is ours. He brings back the joy in football. :)

Offline timmyonions

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
    • timmyonions@gmail.com
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2016, 05:39:29 pm »
I don`t say this loosely,I have absolutely no doubt by the time his tenure is done here,he`ll have delivered the league title back here.Thats how much belief i have in him.You can already see how much the players are buying into his methods.We look a far fitter,energetic team than when he took over and he hasn`t even had a chance to start adding what players he believes will take us forward.

If you can`t get excited with the fact he is our manager then football is not for you.
That right peg hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes al gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a 20yr old StevenGerrard and your young self cheering him on through the prism. His big smile fades in an the net is shivering and J.Hart's trying not to look grateful for the privilege of being that close to greatness

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #9 on: April 9, 2016, 10:53:46 am »
Enjoyed this read.

A more broader look at the English game as well, but a good read non the less.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #10 on: April 9, 2016, 11:45:07 am »
Enjoyed this read.

Good read that Chops.

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 9, 2016, 02:03:34 pm »
I still remember tracking his flight on my browser, I never did that for anyone before.

Grown men doing that - pathetic ! Must admit , had a peak myself  :)
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #12 on: April 9, 2016, 02:56:33 pm »
Klopp is making us a name in Europe again. No matter what happens in the league and Europa League for the rest of this season, Klopp has helped put us back on the map. Europe is paying attention to us again. That's also a credit to the players as well. They must know that the better they play in Europe, the more likely they will have competition for their places in the future. Klopp has us showing ambition again for the first time in what feels like many years.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #13 on: April 9, 2016, 03:01:23 pm »
Check out Rapael Hoenigsteins Twitter feed.

Two part article on there about Klopp and his methods.. 

Makes you believe, it really does
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 9, 2016, 05:20:48 pm »
Check out Rapael Hoenigsteins Twitter feed.

Two part article on there about Klopp and his methods.. 

Makes you believe, it really does
This one?

https://www.redbulletin.com/uk/en/sports/jurgen-klopp-turning-players-into-winners
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 9, 2016, 05:58:37 pm »
He seems to have united the players and fans, his man management looks so good, especially at the final whistle when he's on the pitch hugging the players and you can see that they genuinely love the man, he motivates them to be better and stronger. I'll always be thankful for Brendan taking us so close and the amazing football we played, but Klopp has me genuinely believing, as Adrian Durham said on Talksport, that we are witnessing the start of something special.

Maybe we should thank the board for taking the chance to get him before the likes of Chelsea or the Mancs did
[/b]

Don't wanna take anything away from the board.. but I think he genuinely wanted to come to Liverpool.. Had Chelsea or the Mancs approached him, I feel he would have turned them down..

The similarities between us and Dortmund played a big role..
Jurgen just seems the complete opposite of someone like Mourinho, who is perfect for those two twat clubs..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #17 on: April 9, 2016, 07:13:58 pm »
Enjoyed this read.

This bit....'' albeit filtered through two Germans and an Argentinian, are nothing to be ashamed of.'' ??? Klopps one german,whos the other?

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #18 on: April 9, 2016, 07:23:17 pm »
This bit....'' albeit filtered through two Germans and an Argentinian, are nothing to be ashamed of.'' ??? Klopps one german,whos the other?

Thought the same thing last night, but didn't want to admit I didn't know the other German either... :D

Didi?  ;)

Edit: And this thread needs some Allison Brie...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline bolusanya

• Kemlynite
« Reply #19 on: April 9, 2016, 07:30:33 pm »
Klopp, Tuchel and Pochetino

Offline hitnrock

• Kopite
  • Rafa's Red And White Kop
« Reply #20 on: April 9, 2016, 09:17:59 pm »
Klopp, Simeone and Loew.
Waiting for Gerrard is like waiting for Goku.
Only a few moments remaining until Goku arrives.
Next week:

Goku is almost there, can he stop the ginyu force?
Next week:

Goku is about to arrive, is he up to the challenge?

;)

Offline God's Left Peg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2016, 12:14:17 am »
Klopp, Tuchel and Pochetino
Is the correct answer.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2016, 06:21:00 pm »
Interesting article:

It sounds like a game designed for toddlers – throwing and catching a ball to encourage talking – but, according to coaches at Southampton FC, brain-training technique Life Kinetik is the latest weapon in the war to stop modern life ruining the beautiful game.

Sick of his players spending their time glued to social media or with Beats headphones clamped over their ears like grumpy teenagers, Saints manager Ronald Koeman has introduced Life Kinetik to encourage them to talk to each other. Koeman says that young players don’t chat or play cards on the team bus any more, and this lack of chat is affecting their game. “Communication on the pitch is so important, even if it is just to help your team-mates and say ‘time’ or ‘turn!’ ... For young players it is all about themselves and less about communication with the rest of the players,” Koeman told a conference in London.

Horst Lutz, the German founder of Life Kinetik, says the technique is about more than forcing friendliness. It aims to make the brain sharper through exercises that test physical, cognitive and perceptual skills. In one exercise, participants must throw their partner a ball and, at the same time, shout out which hand they want it to be caught in. Meanwhile, their partner must step forward with their opposite leg to catch it.

“The idea is to make the most of our brains, making new connections between our neurons by doing things we haven’t done before,” Lutz explains. “For footballers, the main focus is reaction speed and [making] fewer errors.”

In Germany, the technique is used by football teams including Hamburg, the national volleyball and hockey teams and by skiiers – as well as in schools and old people’s homes. Lutz says we will soon be hearing more about Life Kinetik in the UK: he says Jürgen Klopp (who used the method with Borussia Dortmund) is planning to bring it to Liverpool.

Guardian.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline petecolonia

• Anny Roader
  • Left of the Sinking Ship
    • Northern Independence Party
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2016, 06:45:55 pm »
He deffo will bring in Life Kinetik, is a big fan and went into detail in a german interview I've been meaning to translate for ages..will get round to it, promise!
Bunch of centrist wetwipes - Watching Britain sink into obscurity.

Keir Starmer will tank hard. Alan X says I'm a bore, but at least I don't mod forums. That's just sad.

Offline Twitter.com

• 140 character limitation. Laugh now but one day he'll be in chorge. Media junkie.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2016, 10:38:07 pm »
"Jurgen Klopp will appoint Bayern Munich’s fitness coach Andreas Kornmayer to his Liverpool staff in the summer.
Liverpool’s pre-season will be crucial to Klopp’s hopes for next season & Kornmayer is set to play a lead role in preparations." - Paul Joyce, Express

"Having worked for Van Gaal, Jupp Heynckes & Guardiola Kornmayer has accepted Jürgen Klopp's offer to head the fitness team.
Kornmayer, who will arrive at Anfield in the summer, replaces Dr Ryland Morgans, who ended a 4- year stint at LFC last month. " - Andy Hunter, Guardian
^ That's what you get for posting twitter shite kids.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2016, 10:41:43 pm »
Excellent appointment.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2016, 11:02:12 pm »
Great coup for the club looks like he's highly rated,he must be really good as he has worked for 3 different managers and retained the same position at Bayern.

Klopp is slowly but surely fixing the football side of the club from top to botton.

Exciting times.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2016, 11:05:44 pm »
"Jurgen Klopp will appoint Bayern Munich’s fitness coach Andreas Kornmayer to his Liverpool staff in the summer.
Liverpool’s pre-season will be crucial to Klopp’s hopes for next season & Kornmayer is set to play a lead role in preparations." - Paul Joyce, Express

"Having worked for Van Gaal, Jupp Heynckes & Guardiola Kornmayer has accepted Jürgen Klopp's offer to head the fitness team.
Kornmayer, who will arrive at Anfield in the summer, replaces Dr Ryland Morgans, who ended a 4- year stint at LFC last month. " - Andy Hunter, Guardian
i know nothing about Kornmayer, but it's clear that we haven't made appointments like this since the says of Benitez. That's what having a highly respected coach does.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2016, 11:30:11 pm »
A coach who knows the fitness requirements at a top club, and at a club competing in Europe + domestically simultaneously. Exactly what we need, not some bloke who worked at Bristol City
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2016, 11:35:11 pm »
Let's hope he's not been spending much time with their mad club doctor.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2016, 11:51:55 pm »
A coach who knows the fitness requirements at a top club, and at a club competing in Europe + domestically simultaneously. Exactly what we need, not some bloke who worked at Bristol City

Think there could be a lot to this yeah.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2016, 12:23:38 am »
Hmm. Goalkeeping coach next?

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2016, 12:26:10 am »
Liverpool line up Bayern Munich fitness coach Andreas Kornmayer for 2016-17

Liverpool have lined up Bayern Munich’s fitness coach, Andreas Kornmayer, to become their head of fitness and conditioning next season.

Kornmayer, 41, has worked for his home-town club for more than a decade and progressed through the ranks before being promoted to first-team duties in 2010.

He has worked for Louis van Gaal, Jupp Heynckes and Pep Guardiola over the past six years but, with a summer of upheaval in store at the Allianz Arena as the Spanish coach heads for Manchester City, Kornmayer has accepted Jürgen Klopp’s offer to head Liverpool’s fitness team.

Klopp has admired Kornmayer’s work at Bayern for several years, albeit reluctantly as he believes their fitness levels were a factor in Heynckes’s team winning the treble at his Borussia Dortmund squad’s expense in 2013.

“Don’t forget,” the Liverpool manager said this year, “the 2013 treble-winning team of Bayern was unbelievably strong and they had all their players fit until the end.”

Kornmayer, who will take up his post at Anfield in the summer, replaces Dr Ryland Morgans, who ended a four-year stint at Liverpool last month.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/12/liverpool-bayern-munich-fitness-coach-andreas-kornmayer
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2016, 02:29:14 am »
Welcome to Liverpool Andreas. YNWA.

Looking forward to seeing a 'skills and assists' youtube compilation. A top 10 of his best stretches or medical interventions maybe?
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2016, 11:21:41 am »
Welcome to Liverpool Andreas. YNWA.

Looking forward to seeing a 'skills and assists' youtube compilation. A top 10 of his best stretches or medical interventions maybe?

;D ;D

Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Online sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2016, 12:07:54 pm »
Just give Klopp time and I'm sure he'll get us back to the top,  might not be next season, might not be season after that, but he will get it right, just needs the time.
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline freddwarf

• Pub bore. See? See? I was right! Gerrard back in C/Mid! Told you all months ago! See? Listen to me! I'm always right! Chose accessorising over a European Final. Gave his wife the trousers.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2016, 12:54:12 pm »
Just give Klopp time and I'm sure he'll get us back to the top,  might not be next season, might not be season after that, but he will get it right, just needs the time.

Yes signs are very good. But the game has been turned upside down with Leicester making a mockery of the ' money wins the Prem' that has been the acceptable way of things these past 10-12 years. The days of the likes of Villa or Nottingham Forrest winning the league are long gone.

It's a closed shop with all the usual suspects, United,City,Chelsea etc. in the frame. 'Leicester will win the league' say that before the start of the season and you'd be laughed at.

United,City,Chelsea and Arsenal will likely out spend us but that's no excuse now.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2016, 12:54:56 pm »
Interesting article:

Guardian.

They were doing variations of this at arsenal in the seventies. Throw the ball , shout head, and the reciever had to volley back.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2016, 01:14:51 pm »
Yes signs are very good. But the game has been turned upside down with Leicester making a mockery of the ' money wins the Prem' that has been the acceptable way of things these past 10-12 years. The days of the likes of Villa or Nottingham Forrest winning the league are long gone.

It's a closed shop with all the usual suspects, United,City,Chelsea etc. in the frame. 'Leicester will win the league' say that before the start of the season and you'd be laughed at.

United,City,Chelsea and Arsenal will likely out spend us but that's no excuse now.

Whether Leicester finish 1st or 2nd (I hope they finish top) they have changed the game now, and its great for football.

Yes, the law of averages may still remain in the corner of the big spenders but Leicester have proved that the right signings, with the right tactics, with the right club atmosphere, can challenge.

We've absolutely got the right man at the helm to create the right atmosphere around the club, and he seems very shrewd in the players he targets and improving the ones he has.

Ironically its Leicester City have made me incredibly optimistic for the future of this club, particularly under Klopp.