Author Topic: New Kelvin MacKenzie e-mails please after second programme slurs Liverpool  (Read 45786 times)

Offline nige

• RAWK Poet Laureate
  • Legacy Fan
[Yes I've changed the title of the thread just to keep the 'campaign' going with a bit of extra impetus]

The BBC pride themselves on listening to feedback - please help give them some over the next few days.

They are now trailing a Radio 5 live show called "Kelvin MacKenzie's World Cup scandals", with the first of 2 programmes being tomorrow. We can't stop this but we can show the BBC what we think of them employing this man to spout his typical S*n- style lies - if enough people do it from different mobiles and e-mail addresses it will go to Senior management and they will have to THINK.

Personally I would not recommend taking the "Liverpool supporters with an axe to grind" angle. I would not mention Hillsborough in this instance, as these programmes are not about that (though I 'd respect anyone's decision to  do so).  I would just appeal to the sense of superiority that most BBC managers & producers will have, and what most of them will see anyway as THE TRUTH : that McKenzie's tabloid rubbish is beneath the BBC.  Receiving a large number of texts and e-mails about it will confirm their snobbish suspicions, and hopefully they won't employ him in future.

Simple textable slogans from a  large number of different mobiles & e-mail addies, starting this morning & avvy before people (both you lot at your computers and the BBC managers) leave the office....

'Re-hashed  gutter rubbish from a re-hashed gutter press reject'

'Is 5Live looking to  out-Talk-sport Talk Sport ?'

'THE TRUTH : Every schoolboy knows these old world cup stories already'

'GOTCHA : BBC caught dumbing down !'

'I see the BBC really is learning from Murdoch then if it's employing the likes of K. MacKenzie'

'My licence fee is going to make THAT kind of rubbish ! 5 Live just lost a listener !"

"Gazza kebabs, Colombian shootings, tabloid scandals, is it all over ? Me listening to Five Live is Now ! Yawn Yawn"

Let's have some more ideas ...

MAKE EVERY TEXT A BIT DIFFERENT AND DO NOT USE THE SAME MOBILE NUMBER OR E-MAIL ADDY TWICE.

Text 85058 and say it is a response to hearing their trailer (in your own words)

If we e-mail all the programmes where the trailer is used today, tomorrow, etc  - that way the reporting back to management will be even more effective -

so let's start with the programme on air now   victoria@bbc.co.uk

I'll post more 5 Live e-mail addies a bit later.

Here is an e-mail sent by a fellow RAWKite recently to the Beeb :

"On 27th May and and 3rd June, MacKenzie is due to host two documentaries
called 'World Cup Scandals' on BBC Radio Five Live.
This disgraceful worm of a man was responsible for the most infamous
stories when he ran the Sun about Liverpool fans, and i hardly think its
fitting that he;s been given a voice.
What next Nick Griffin given the opportunity to host Newsnight or Fred
West to do Crimewatch.
The only scandal he knows about is 'The Truth' that he created to make a
story on the bodies of the 96 dead at Hillsborough and the thousands
that were suffering in the immediate aftermath.
I've listened to Five Live for years and its head and shoulders above any
other radio station but i won't listen for another minute if this
maggots shows go ahead. And i'm sure many Liverpool and fair-thinking
football fans feel the same way"

and the BBC's  reply :
"Thank you for your e-mail regarding 'Kelvin MacKenzie's World Cup Scandals'.
I note that you have concerns regarding Mr MacKenzie's involvement in the two-part series which will look at tabloid newspaper coverage of some the great scandals surrounding past World Cup tournaments.
As the former editor of a tabloid newspaper, Kelvin MacKenzie, is hugely experienced in this field. He has reported on a number of other issues for various broadcasters and is well qualified to present programmes on the subjects of scandal and football.  We realise that opinions about presenters vary considerably - it is rare for any presenter to meet the unequivocal approval of our wide and varied audience and appreciate that you do not agree with the BBC's choice of presenter in this occasion.
Accordingly, please be assured that your feedback has been fully registered on our daily audience log and made available to the production team of 'Kelvin MacKenzie's World Cup Scandals' and senior BBC management.
Thank you, once more, for taking the time to contact the BBC.
Regards

This 'campaign' has already led to the BBC producing  a 'stock answer' on their website, which you can find here
http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/   (along with more on how to complain)
so it's working !
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 08:10:06 am by nige »

Offline Forbsie

• Aka Fourbees
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11th August 1977...Remember the Date
I sent an email to the Beeb's complaints earlier this week.

I ticked the box asking for reply and also asked that it wasn't a bog standard reply sent out to all who complain.

If Kenny Dalglish had simply played football for Liverpool he would be an Anfield hero. However, the fact that he managed the club to even greater success guarantees him the status of a legend.

Offline Life

• goes on.
  • Legacy Fan
Now this, this is a fucking worthwhile witch hunt.

Sometimes I see us go up in arms over stuff that has tenuous (i.m.o) links to Hillsborough and with tenuous (again, i.m.o) aims and objectives.

But this has an aim of directly affecting the vile excuse of a man who caused so much pain after the disaster, and whose editorial we're still having to live with.  A year doesn't go past when someone fails to make my blood boil by saying "well you killed your own" and this twat is the cause of that.

If you've never bothered doing anything in the past like this fair enough - but do something this time.
"Why should they be used in any other way? It wouldn'a be fair for one thing. Natural ability is far too precious tae be messed about wi'."

Offline rblfc

• Main Stander
got my vote lad
Oooh Oh Oooh Oh Oooh Oh
We got the best midfield in the woorrlld
Xabi Alonso, Momo Sissoko, Gerrard and Mascheranoooo

Offline Shaun101

• Didn't take up his ticket for the Screen Sports Super Cup
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Where did I leave it?
Me too - many polite texts and E mails to follow.

As said before if ever there was a witchunt worthwhile then this is it.

Offline gramck24

• Tryathlete
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just seen this....

Kelvin MacKenzie's World Cup Scandals, 5 LivePublication date: 15 May 2006

Complaint

We have received comments and complaints in advance from some listeners that Kelvin MacKenzie will be presenting programmes about former World Cup Scandals on BBC Radio 5 Live.

The BBC's response

The two part series, called Kelvin MacKenzie's World Cup Scandals, will look at tabloid newspaper coverage of some the great scandals surrounding past World Cup tournaments.
We realise that opinions about presenters vary considerably but it is a rare television or radio personality of any kind who meets the approval of everyone. As the former editor of a tabloid newspaper, Kelvin MacKenzie is hugely experienced in this field. He has reported on a number of other issues for various broadcasters and is well qualified to present programmes on the subjects of scandal and football.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/news/2006/05/15/32195.shtml

Offline nige

• RAWK Poet Laureate
  • Legacy Fan
Just seen this....

Kelvin MacKenzie's World Cup Scandals, 5 LivePublication date: 15 May 2006

Complaint

We have received comments and complaints in advance from some listeners that Kelvin MacKenzie will be presenting programmes about former World Cup Scandals on BBC Radio 5 Live.

The BBC's response

The two part series, called Kelvin MacKenzie's World Cup Scandals, will look at tabloid newspaper coverage of some the great scandals surrounding past World Cup tournaments.
We realise that opinions about presenters vary considerably but it is a rare television or radio personality of any kind who meets the approval of everyone. As the former editor of a tabloid newspaper, Kelvin MacKenzie is hugely experienced in this field. He has reported on a number of other issues for various broadcasters and is well qualified to present programmes on the subjects of scandal and football.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/news/2006/05/15/32195.shtml

Yes that's the stock response to try to stem complaints in advance - if you've got time you might care to take them up on what"hugely experienced in this field" implies, and ask for a non-stock response .. they'll hate that.

Believe me, BBC managers have  to count every complaint and discuss them in endless meetings ..... it is worth  a few minutes of your time ...

Offline Jimbo.

• Skint
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Complaint sent.
Quote from: Dan_L
Chester is in chesirte, trasmneraeeeee is in wirral dfivo 1adand lpoolis merseydie lpoo2-1 everpuyokton |BluESHITE!!!!!!wert sr76yipeeeeeeeeeeeee113wt4aee

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
Sent an e-mail...........will post the reply.
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline redway101

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
It's amazing that this guy get's air time.

Talk about complete insensitivity.

Southern media types who frankly don't give a toss about offending LFC fans.

Offline Life

• goes on.
  • Legacy Fan
It's amazing that this guy get's air time.

Talk about complete insensitivity.

Southern media types who frankly don't give a toss about offending LFC fans.

That's our view, but not necessarily going to be shared by the rest of the country or the BBC.

However, the fact that he's been one of the leading figures in dumbing down the quality of the press and media  should mean he never gets air time on BBC.  It's why programmes like "Chantel's Wardrobe - the latest" don't appear on the BBC - they're supposed to aim for quality programming.  This bloke is a twat who caters for thick fuckers - the BBC should be steering clear of people like him full stop.
"Why should they be used in any other way? It wouldn'a be fair for one thing. Natural ability is far too precious tae be messed about wi'."

Offline BrettD

• Legacy Fan
    • Want an accessible website? Click here!
Sent my complaint. Will post the reply when (if) I get one.

Offline davidg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Email sent, don't see a reason why everyone on here can't do the same.
' When you over simplify, you become unjust ' - Ernest Hemingway

Offline IrishDave

• This custom title is invisible
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert clever comment here ............
Emailed Victoria Derbyshire registering my disgust.
Keep your friends close & your enemies won't matter

Offline nige

• RAWK Poet Laureate
  • Legacy Fan
A workmate's mobile (cos i've already used mine) is ready to text this one to 85058 next time they play the horrible trailer:

"Re: that awful trailer & the dumb tabloid stories  - Is this the right number to vote Kelvin out of the BB (C) house ? I certainly won't be listening if he stays"

You'll have to think of your own variation - to be effective all texts and e-mails need to be different !!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 10:43:06 am by nige »

Offline Captain-Carra

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Norbert Klopp. The Boss.
Email sent to Victoria.

Already sent 1 and had the same response as everyone else.

Better line of attack.

I've got a few email accounts so can you post more email addresses to attack
"The major civilising force in the world is not religion, it's sex." - Hugh Hefner

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
After the trailer played yesterday Nicky Cambell gave a disapproving 'Hmmm' which showed that many within the organisation realise what a dreadful faux pas the commissioning executive responsible has made.
Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
  • DING DING ! All aboard the offended bus
done ,the mans a c~nt :no
JFT96

Offline shine

• Main Stander
  • Red Forever

I've made my complaint.  Its just wrong.

Offline Rossini

• Kemlynite

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sent

Kelvin Mckenzie's World Cup scandals

With the continual dumbing down of TV and radio in general I find it galling that a highly regarded station like the BBC would consider lowering itself to this level of gutter journalism.

Kelvin Mckenzie is typical of the gutter press in this country and on numerous occasions has actively pursued campaigns in his tabloids that have been blatant lies and frenzy inducing propoganda.

THE (so called) TRUTH about The Hillsborough Tragedy, the vicously racist anti German campaigns surrounding various sporting events involving us and them, and the blatant whipping up of anti "whatever will sell my paper" fervour, with little or no thought to insightful or factually correct journalism. Let alone the consequences of his self serving propoganda.

As a long serving listener of 5 Live I am appalled that my licence fee is going to make THIS kind of rubbish !

I would grateful for a personal reply explaining why the BBC have taken this step down the road pandering to tabloid sensationalism. I expected more from a station that always seemed a step above this bilge.

5 Live just lost a listener.

William Chambers
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Mr Mojo Risin'

• No longer counts double
  • Legacy Fan
  • i've been down so god damn long
Email sent, waiting for reply.
DON'T BUY THE  SUN.

Offline connaught

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
email sent

Offline sniffster

• Main Stander
done.
Only a short one but feel better for it

Offline StuH

• Legacy Fan
  • Dalglish's marching army!
Am just leaving this message...

I am a Liverpool fan who has always had pride in the BBC that it is of high integrity when considering output whether it be entertainment, factual or news.

So how disgusted am I when I find that Kelvin MacKenzie, a man who has a track record of sensationalism and the greatest lie ever told in a national newspaper, is now going to be (for a temporary basis at least) on the BBC payroll.

This man has managed to wreck people's lives with his slurs, not against one or two people as is usual for the tabloid press, but for a whole population.  And in my opinion it taints the reputation of the BBC being associated with him.

I understand your need to use someone with tabloid experience for this programme? But why this man? When you must have realised that it would cause upset and anger for such a large percentage of your population.

I hope you will take this and all the other compplaints into account before broadcasting this programme from this derisery man.

Regards,
He's a manipulative bastard. Another deliberate attempt to put pressure on people in the game, which he thinks he'll get away with because of his "standing" in the game and his fucking knighthood.

Offline nige

• RAWK Poet Laureate
  • Legacy Fan
At  12 o'clock  you  can move on to

mayo@bbc.co.uk   ;)

Offline StuH

• Legacy Fan
  • Dalglish's marching army!
Feel better now, that is the most worthwhile thing I will do today.
He's a manipulative bastard. Another deliberate attempt to put pressure on people in the game, which he thinks he'll get away with because of his "standing" in the game and his fucking knighthood.

Offline vladivar

• Kemlynite
Had switched Radio 5 off in disgust earlier in the week after first reading about this.

Just sent a text which used the phrase 'shame on you'. Tried to sound like a Daily Mail reader. Will start borrowing mates phones at work to send a few more.

Isn't Jane Garvey a red? May be worth e-mailing during Drive if she is on?
The other supporters were with their flags, but our supporters were with their hearts.

Offline markcd

• Anny Roader
I was looking at the BBC website, and the 2nd program of the 2 isn't even about the world cup.

"He hears the remarkable story of one journalist's battle with the criminal underworld to get hold of the story of the year – Wayne Rooney caught on tape in a Liverpool brothel: "That was the most dangerous investigation I've ever worked on," says Graham Johnson, the determined former investigations editor at the Sunday Mirror, who chased the tape across the city for months. "It was us against six major Liverpool drugs gangs. My colleague was beaten up and I was threatened several times – but there was no way they were gonna get their hands on that tape once we had it – it was going in the paper.

With tales involving drugs, sex, gambling and gangsters, Kelvin lifts the lid, in his own inimitable style, on some of the more notorious figures in Team England."

I know the tabloid press like to drag up every piece of shit to re-hash before a world-cup, but the BBC? I'll register my complaint at the weekend, so it looks like I've listened to it...

Offline RedBoywonder

• The Big E
  • Legacy Fan
  • and could he play.....
Sent.

That horrible tw@t should never get one penny of my licence fee.
Justice for the 96.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Simon,

As a DJ who I like listening to, perhaps you can help me understand a decision by 5 Live to feature Kelvin Mackenzie on of all subjects, football and the tabloids...

I thought that BBC Radio 5 was supposed to be 'in  tune' (apologies for the pu...) nwith the people of Britain but what do I find when I turned on to listen today ? And advert for Kelvin Mackenzie. Perhaps I had tuned into Talksport by mistake but no, for some reason the BBC see it fit to hire not only a rival but a man universally despised as a liar across the majority of Liverpool if not wider.

Shame on you using this odious man, especially on such a subject as football seeing that his reporting on Hillsborough was his greatest crime.

I won't listen to 5 Live again until this man is off the air. It is insensitive in the least to use him in reference to this subject; it is bad business practice when he is so closely associated with another station and on a purely enjoyement level, he's a terrible broadcaster.

I would appreciate a response from the BBC as to why they think the man who lied repeatedly in the SUN, thinks it appropriate to make him a public service broadcaster. One I am paying for.

I hope those who think that I am just another Liverpool fan harking on about Hillsborough never lose anyone close to them and then have Britain's biggest selling tabloid call them a thief on the front page.

yours

Michael Hines
Yep.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
It's ironic actually, as McKenzie has spent much of his career bad-mouthing the BBC and has lobbied to get rid of the licence fee.

Offline RedRedRed

• Boys Pen
A very worthwhile campaign indeed.
How sad that this individual is deemed 'ideal' for this type of programme simply because of his "experience as a tabloid newspaper editor".
And that his own - truly scandalous - headline from 1989 is once again overlooked.
Anyway, I just sent this email:

That'll be this listener gone - for ever.

Unless of course he has the decency to mention his own scandalous 'The Truth' headline in The Sun in 1989?
And maybe even apologise for it and admit he was wrong?

But, oh dear, I've used the word 'decency' in a sentence even concerning Kelvin McKenzie - now that is a scandal.

I am genuinely deeply saddened that 5Live now thinks it acceptable to employ such a lying, arrogant, evil scumbag as this.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Kevin McKenzie, writing the words to a program that no one will heeaaar, no one comes neeaar.

E-mailed. Let's get this c*nt off our airwaves.

Offline halewood chain

• Boys Pen
 first post.  great idea just done it now.

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
email sent
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline nige

• RAWK Poet Laureate
  • Legacy Fan
"That was the most dangerous investigation I've ever worked on," says Graham Johnson, the determined former investigations editor at the Sunday Mirror, who chased the tape across the city for months. "It was us against six major Liverpool drugs gangs. My colleague was beaten up and I was threatened several times – but there was no way they were gonna get their hands on that tape once we had it – it was going in the paper.

Christ he's found someone who's almost as shameless a liar as himself.

100% fiction, just cos he knows the all of the parties involved have to avoid press.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 11:54:24 am by nige »

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline fayejacks

• Boys Pen
re Kelvin Mckensie's World Cup Scandals

Obviously the BBC isnt above chasing the "Council-House-And-Violent" audience, in an effort to keep Talk Sport at bay. I am appalled that the BBC have chosen to commission a programme involving this nasty peice of work.

How dare you use my licence fee to line the pockets of a man who has a proven track record for using football fans as fodder to flog his lies.

I would appreciate a personal reply explaining why the BBC have taken this step towards the gutter press. I expect better from a station that always seemed to have shows and presenters of impeccable standards.

Tim Robinson,
Crewe Alexandra Season Ticket holder and ex-5 Live listener

Offline StarCara

• Anny Roader
  • There is no I in team, but I in Genius.
Just got back from holiday - Cant believe that thing is on 5Live
email and txt sent!