Author Topic: Glen McLeod Cooper Johnson  (Read 68533 times)

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
Re: Glen McLeod Cooper Johnson
« Reply #800 on: December 29, 2013, 12:08:40 pm »
He needs a storming game today for his and our sake,

IMO recently he seems to be operating at about 80%, he is still quality so i hope it is just a blip, rather than beginning to lose his legs with us.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #801 on: December 29, 2013, 12:13:37 pm »
FSG seem to think there is a correlation if contracts are now starting to have performance related bonuses/incentives.

however although you highlighted it that i think wasnt John's point (looked good out of context though) they should all put in a shift for the badge on the front of their shirts, and armchair hero's in here using any players salary as a stick to beat them with are missing what should really matter to players and the fans. What matters far more than money is they have a LFC shirt on.

Also just to add Baseball its easy decent pitcher can be judged, decent base man can be judged, decent hitter can be judged, Coutinho producing a great bit of skill that leads nowhere because the person he passes it to fucks up the shot, how do they judge that in a game context?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 12:16:27 pm by Touchstone »
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline robgreen91

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #802 on: December 29, 2013, 01:38:17 pm »
Comments like that which illustrate what a load of shite this place is.

What is the relevance of what a player is paid in regards to effort? They are professional footballers paid by the club, I don't give a fuck  what that is, they should be pulling their tripe out every game.

I'm not having that Johnson isn't arsed, I've heard it a million times about players and its usually bollox that happens to coincide with the player struggling for a bit of form. The player is still getting up and down the flank, getting into positions, putting himself on the line regardless of form.

I can't help but admire those that question commitment with the central heating on, sitting behind a keyboard ready to phone 606, waiting to watch the game on Murdoch's channel.

so money means nothing then... get real mate,

if i'm getting paid more than everyone at my work i'm supposed to pull my weight and put the effort in, Reina wasn't pulling his weight and look what happened to him, Johnson won't be far behind if he don't buck it up.

Flanno is better than him atm.

oh and btw i was at the city game so dont be snide.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #803 on: December 29, 2013, 02:45:07 pm »
I can't help but admire those that question commitment with the central heating on, sitting behind a keyboard ready to phone 606, waiting to watch the game on Murdoch's channel.

I absolutely despise this argument, it's so small-time.

If I had the chance, I would go to literally every game, I would sit there in the cold for 90 minutes on December away days to the Britannia, if I had the chance. I don't have the chance, and all I can do is watch and support the team as much as I possibly can. Who are you to judge how committed I am to the club?

The likes of Johnson and Downing are/were privileged to represent this club, one of the greatest in the world. They are literally living my dream, there is nothing I'd enjoy more than to play 90 minutes a week in front of 45,000 at Anfield. Nothing. There is literally nothing. They are living my dream, you must understand that. And if I see them living my dream and looking like they don't give a fuck, then I have every right to comment on that. I have every right to question their commitment and every right to criticise them. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw Glen Johnson bust a gut for this club. If he's got injury problems, so be it, but I have a right to judge him. When he steps out onto the pitch, he represents the hundreds of millions of Liverpool fans out there and we deserve nothing less than 100%.

I don't know if or why Johnson isn't giving 100%, but it doesn't look like he is, and me or anyone else questioning that is no excuse to pull out the 'blah blah Murdoch appeasing prawn sandwich loving cosy £20 M&S blanket 606 brigade spouting off again' argument.

Edit: I agreed with some of your other points, I just hate this part in particular.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 02:47:35 pm by Shaved Crossbar »

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #804 on: December 29, 2013, 02:56:13 pm »
however although you highlighted it that i think wasnt John's point (looked good out of context though) they should all put in a shift for the badge on the front of their shirts, and armchair hero's in here using any players salary as a stick to beat them with are missing what should really matter to players and the fans. What matters far more than money is they have a LFC shirt on.

There you go!  Exactly
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #805 on: December 29, 2013, 03:05:22 pm »
 Hopefully he will be motivated to do well against his former club today. We need him not to get destroyed by Hazard.

Offline Babelmania

• Kopite
« Reply #806 on: December 29, 2013, 03:09:54 pm »