Author Topic: Glen McLeod Cooper Johnson  (Read 68510 times)

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
Re: Glen McLeod Cooper Johnson
« Reply #360 on: December 21, 2013, 04:44:17 pm »
Far far too inconsistent. Has one very good game in five and he's pretty dissappointing in the other games. Definitely needs some competition. I would say bench him but he's still our only decent attacking fullback. Hope he steps up his game for these 2 massive games

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #361 on: December 21, 2013, 04:45:00 pm »
Having a poor season, and today was our least impressive player by a considerable distance.

Needs to wake up quickly and prove he's worth this 100K+ contract or be sold in the summer. Several times today he had chances to motor on behind Cardiffs defence but seemed to slow down at the key moment. Strange stuff.

Offline robgreen91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: December 21, 2013, 04:49:57 pm »
Personally think he should have been off for Kelly, Flanno the much better player today.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: December 21, 2013, 04:58:38 pm »
ENGLAND'S RIGHT BACK..

Says a lot

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: December 21, 2013, 05:16:16 pm »
Playing his way out of an contract extension at the moment.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Online Koplord

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #365 on: December 21, 2013, 05:25:26 pm »
Looked about 25 stone today awful.
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor.

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #366 on: December 21, 2013, 05:25:48 pm »
Johnson was poor again today

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: December 21, 2013, 05:44:38 pm »
Increase in age or decrease in hunger (motivational as opposed to Charlie Adam sense)? Hard to say but he's not the machine he was a year or two ago.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him sold off abroad in the summer given his contract situation.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: December 21, 2013, 05:46:04 pm »
Been awful last couple of months,is it lack of confidence or is he on the wane?
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #369 on: December 21, 2013, 05:46:06 pm »
Personally think he should have been off for Kelly, Flanno the much better player today.

Agreed
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #370 on: December 21, 2013, 06:01:32 pm »
Really frustrating, he has the ability but just seems to get through games doing as little as possible.

Can tell within 10 minutes what type of game he will have, he's either brilliant or heavy legged. Can't afford to have a player like that long term. He has days where nothing goes right for him, today was one of them.

Knowing Glen he'll turn up against Chelsea next week, he seems to care when he's playing against his former teams.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: December 21, 2013, 06:04:47 pm »
He's been struggling to find anything approaching consistent form for a while now.  Obviously needs to get it back asap, he's always been positive going forward and maybe a bit questionable defending on occasions.  But even higher up the pitch now he's conceding possession or making the wrong decision too often.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: December 21, 2013, 06:09:56 pm »
Knowing Glen he'll turn up against Chelsea next week, he seems to care when he's playing against his former teams.
Especially Mourinho's Chelsea. That nickname must still piss him off.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #373 on: December 21, 2013, 06:12:40 pm »
I'm not one to say he's a bad defender, I don't think he is. He has the odd moment where he lacks concentration but overall I think he's solid enough.

It's the fact he regularly plays as though he has cement in his boots that frustrates me. There's days where he struggles with simple things, passing is off and the touch is heavy. It's strange as he's obviously a very good footballer on his day and he's a great outlet from fullback when he's performing but he's just too inconsistent.

I'm hoping it's just a lack of match fitness and that he will improve but over the years he regularly goes through patches where he's off and it can end up costing us.

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
« Reply #374 on: December 21, 2013, 06:16:34 pm »
Probably trying too hard to influence things, now that he is one of the older, more "mature" players in the squad.  Forgetting the little things, always trying to make a big impact, lately.  In the past he was always a steady eddy who could pull out the odd piece of magic.  Maybe he feels he's slipping in performance in comparison with how a lot of other players have stepped it up.
dios esta buena

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #375 on: December 21, 2013, 06:17:39 pm »

Agree. In fact when I saw Kelly warming up I assumed it would be Johnson taken off. Says alot

Offline LeoMessi

• More Beverley than Barcelona
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #376 on: December 21, 2013, 07:54:10 pm »
Wind your neck in, no ones "abusing" him, calling him a useless c*nt or anything, just fair and justified criticism which is expected after a prolonged period of mediocrity.

Fair critisism? Like he's an awful defender? Not true at all. He's a decent defender who lacks concentration at times, same with Agger, but that tattoo on his knuckles seems to make him immune from critisism....
FCB|LFC

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #377 on: December 21, 2013, 07:58:28 pm »
Has been poor by his standards for a while now,think he'll be off unless he falls into line of wage structure.
YNWA

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #378 on: December 21, 2013, 08:04:25 pm »
So, so, so, so, so want him to be on his game on Thursday. I have to say, I am worried though.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #379 on: December 21, 2013, 08:05:28 pm »
So, so, so, so, so want him to be on his game on Thursday. I have to say, I am worried though.

Or hope that Milner starts
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: December 21, 2013, 08:07:43 pm »
His lack of form is getting a tad worrying, to be honest. Hopefully it's still about getting back to 100% after he was injured. He's always been a dominant player athletically and losing a step and some stamina might prove critical to him, since his positioning and match reading skills are not top, top draw. Don't forget that although he's just 29, he started playing top flight football for WHU before turning 19, and FB/WB is possibly the most physically demanding position in football. Hopefully it's just me being a fanny and he'll soon get back to his best.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 08:13:59 pm by Gods_Left_Boot »
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #381 on: December 21, 2013, 08:12:23 pm »
3 games in a row he's been our poorest player. Seriously, he's being shown up by Flanagan whose 20 and who has 20 first team games under his belt...time to buckle down and get the basics sorted Glen...far too casual when he tracks back and so indecisive at times when he passes the ball.

This run of poor form has lasted the length of a season now...at this rate he's going to be replaced next summer. Rodgers has shown he's ruthless with such decisions...Reina was a much more influential and popular figure and he's already been shown the door.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #382 on: December 21, 2013, 08:21:54 pm »
Really is struggling right now, can't say I'm particularly confident of his performance on Thursday particularly if City push Kolarov right up the pitch on the overlap.

You can't really point to one thing he's doing wrong. He's just so poor in general, in lots of different ways.

Going in to the games against City and Chelsea it's a real worry.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: December 21, 2013, 08:30:07 pm »
Struggling is Johnson of late but does tend to show up in the big games so hopefully he will fine his form against City and Chelsea.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #384 on: December 21, 2013, 09:20:21 pm »
Seems as if the whole team has upped their level and Johnson can't keep up.  It's really disappointing because we know what he is capable of.  Says a lot that we can still maintain a very high level with one of our better players so badly out of form.  But he's always had concentration problems.  That's what I think it is now.  He's a born athlete and in many ways a born footballer but he has always demonstrated a lack of concentration.

On a side note, anyone think we will go 3 at the back vs City?  Just to counter their 2 forwards and rather gung-ho approach.  Change of shape might throw them too.  I wonder how much that played into Rodgers thinking when he threw on Agger today.

Offline LFCsupporter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: December 21, 2013, 10:02:24 pm »
I'm presuming he's carrying an injury, because nobody can lose motivation when the team's playing their best football in years and is about to go top of the league.

Offline rawKBottom

• Legacy Fan
  • My karma just ran over your dogma
« Reply #386 on: December 21, 2013, 10:03:28 pm »
Wish his left footed pile driver against Spurs had gone in.

He could/needs to get better, and maybe City and Chelsea are the games for him to step up.
Vedanta uncompromisingly insists that man is essentially perfect, and therefore infinite are the possibilities that lie lurking in him

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: December 21, 2013, 10:30:57 pm »
He needs to deliver a good performance.  Boxing Day would be the perfect time to start.  Come on Glen lad...

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #388 on: December 21, 2013, 10:44:31 pm »
Seems as if the whole team has upped their level and Johnson can't keep up.  It's really disappointing because we know what he is capable of.  Says a lot that we can still maintain a very high level with one of our better players so badly out of form.  But he's always had concentration problems.  That's what I think it is now.  He's a born athlete and in many ways a born footballer but he has always demonstrated a lack of concentration.

On a side note, anyone think we will go 3 at the back vs City?  Just to counter their 2 forwards and rather gung-ho approach.  Change of shape might throw them too.  I wonder how much that played into Rodgers thinking when he threw on Agger today.

I would play the same team and tactics for the city game

Offline ryan125

• Kopite
« Reply #389 on: December 21, 2013, 10:50:54 pm »
He's been the only player who has really frustrated me at LFC in recent times. Apparently his stats are amazing though, so what do I know?! On his day he is up there with the better fullbacks in the league, but 'his day' doesn't come around as often as it once did. Maybe he will be unplayable against City....who knows.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #390 on: December 21, 2013, 11:18:59 pm »
Johnson is a quality player who is in a slump. There is a difference between form and ability. Form is temporary, class is permanent. I think some people were waiting for Glen to hit a slump so they could pounce with such bullshit like he has never been consistent.

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #391 on: December 21, 2013, 11:23:17 pm »
He is still recovering from that "high-ankle sprain", a much nastier injury than it sounds.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 11:38:41 pm by GrkStav »
Ludi Circenses!

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: December 21, 2013, 11:25:54 pm »
He is still recovering from that "high-ankle sprain", a much nastier injury than it sounds.
Sniffing salts might help. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan. His mistakes are brain farts. They could be caused by said injury, so lets wait. Last minute winner against c*nt's will do nicely.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: December 21, 2013, 11:28:34 pm »
perhaps his poor form has something to do with off the pitch stuff. Isn't he facing a 2 year driving ban and is up in court in a week or so?

Offline ElstonGunn

• is Billy Beane
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: December 21, 2013, 11:35:22 pm »
It'd be a risk I think. It's got to be at least 50/50 that City play 4-2-3-1, as Pellegrini isn't going to throw Jovetic in and Dzeko/Negredo doesn't really work, especially in a big game.

But if we're trying to kill the game in the last 20 minutes and Pellegrini brings on a second striker, it would make a lot of sense to make a similar sub.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: December 22, 2013, 01:33:08 am »
Something's up, physically or mentally. Just looks like he's lost a wee bit of pace, maybe it is physical.

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #396 on: December 22, 2013, 01:38:53 am »
perhaps his poor form has something to do with off the pitch stuff. Isn't he facing a 2 year driving ban and is up in court in a week or so?

Got a 6 month ban last week.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline StrikingMidfield

• Legacy Fan
  • A red and green heart
« Reply #397 on: December 22, 2013, 01:43:13 am »
I'm presuming he's carrying an injury, because nobody can lose motivation when the team's playing their best football in years and is about to go top of the league.
Don't be to quick to assume that it's not a confidence thing. The team can be doing great, but if some off the field stuff is going on then that can mean fuck all to him.
Liverpool FC - Seattle Sounders FC

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #398 on: December 22, 2013, 06:20:16 am »
Hazard vs Johnson is going to be a fucking disaster if Johnson doesn't up his game big time. He normally raises his level against his older sides though. Hopefully he continues that trend.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: December 22, 2013, 06:24:17 am »
Go home Glen, you are drunk.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.