Author Topic: David James  (Read 3317 times)

Offline Illmatic

• Legacy Fan
David James
« on: May 18, 2014, 02:43:25 pm »
Given the money in the game it is always surprising to hear a player declaring themselves bankrupt, more so for someone who played at the top of game for so much of PL era. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/fameandfortune/10835644/Former-England-footballer-David-James-declares-himself-bankrupt.html
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 12:13:52 pm by The 5th Benitle »
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: David James declares himself bankrupt
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 02:57:09 pm »
"According to a report in The S*n..."

No direct quotes either.  Not to shit on you mate but, yeah, you can guess the source material is not the greatest place.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Illmatic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 03:20:14 pm »
"According to a report in The S*n..."

No direct quotes either.  Not to shit on you mate but, yeah, you can guess the source material is not the greatest place.

Not the best source I know but a number players do go bankrupt and given the vast amounts of money on offer to top pros like James it's always a surprise to hear it. Keith Gillespie has gone record and detailed how he blew over £7M.   
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 03:27:12 pm »
I read this in the telegraph also. It surprises me more younger players don't do stupid stuff with the insane money they get a very young age. But maybe their horizons are not yet wide enough to start investing in properties where they can really lose money. 

The odd thing about david James though is that he usually comes across as a smart intelligent guy. I didn't really expect to piss money away b

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 03:28:00 pm »
Saw something about Chris Sutton too. Bizarre.

Offline the red symphony

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 03:28:30 pm »
That's another save Calamity has failed to make.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 03:30:03 pm »
What a load of poo.

Like am arsed and why anyone else is, is beyond me.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 03:35:03 pm »
Surprising when you read of  a player who played in this era of big money salaries becoming backrupt.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2014, 03:45:37 pm »
I remember watching one of those ESPN documentaries the other year called 'Broke' and it's staggering the amount of sports stars it happens to.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2014, 03:54:34 pm »
No sympathy for anyone that has it all and wastes it. I've had to live with minimum wage most of my life. Only started getting a decent wage over the minimum when I was 26/27. Still struggle to get to the end of the month occasionally.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2014, 04:26:36 pm »
No sympathy for anyone that has it all and wastes it. I've had to live with minimum wage most of my life. Only started getting a decent wage over the minimum when I was 26/27. Still struggle to get to the end of the month occasionally.

Is right, if you have millions and blow it all, you are obviously a weapon. Some are living off minimum and still getting on with it.

If you can retire before 40 and still do extra work to get money, yet can't keep hold of yourself when spending, then you have problems.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2014, 05:15:45 pm »
Anyone seen the price of playstation 4 games £ 40 quid a throw , all them years shelling out and for new consoles too

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2014, 05:17:24 pm »
I work sometimes over 50 hours a week, so no pity for him

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2014, 05:18:52 pm »

Apparently 70% of NFL players blow through their money.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2014, 05:21:25 pm »
Played biggish part in us not at least taking the title to  the very end in 97...
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...