Author Topic: Liverpool 1-1 Man City (2-1): (Gerrard, pen) Half time.....  (Read 90593 times)

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
The 4 games he's been given looks prime for an appeal if ive got my cynical hat on.

4 games is a lot, enough for Man City to appeal, it be knocked down and the FA to still look like they've done something.
It's 3 plus one isn't it as it's his second red.

City need to be focussing on the League and have to swallow this ban. They also need another forward.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
Seems they let Lescott off with the elbow/forearm smash then ?

Hoping Savic plays...

A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
Is Savic likely to play or are one of their other CB's back?

Offline Gerrard[LFC]

• Legacy Fan
  • We are all part of Liverpool-FC
I'd actually be inclined to play Carra in this, as said before, these are the sorts of games were you can easily see him throwing his body infront shots all night long and pulling something out of nowhere to win the ball. Big Leader on the pitch aswell.
have to disagree with this, although he does throw himself to block shots and all but his overall influence team is more of a threat then an advantage. He will slow us down, hoof the ball down and invite more pressure and it will eventually crack. Rather have our steady backline with Spearing as cover and we will look more solid and also have offensive chance. If we can get 1 goal, surely it will take us through.
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.
MICHELANGELO

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!

Hoping Savic plays...

Have a feeling they might put Richard's CB and Zabaleta RB. Savic doesn't really have much to his game apart from being tall and got found out yesterday by Defoe. Will be a risk on their part if he plays in a game of this magnitude.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed

Hoping Savic plays...

If he does; Mancini is a bigger dickhead than I already thought he was.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Gerrard[LFC]

• Legacy Fan
  • We are all part of Liverpool-FC
wish Mario did play so he would get sent off against us like last time. Oh well gotta deal with Silva now which is a worry. we need defensive cover for CBs, if Spearing is not fit then someone else has to be there, perhaps Aurelio
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.
MICHELANGELO

Offline Nazi Dickhead

• Legacy Fan
  • Man moth?
Not to bothered about Mario either way, never seen the guy have a good game against us. Or in general really, just seems like a clown with the odd moment of brilliance.
-YNWA-

Offline HoinkDoink

• Legacy Fan
Any news on Spearing?
Liverpool FC
Stop for the Klopp!

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=294839.0 - RAWK Soccer Manager Thread, Come Play

Offline 1995red14

• Main Stander
Any news on Spearing?
I hope for his own safety and confidence that he is still injured.  Being given the runaround on Wednesday by vastly superior players will not do him any good. 

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
I hope for his own safety and confidence that he is still injured.  Being given the runaround on Wednesday by vastly superior players will not do him any good.

Obvious Troll is obvious.

Must try harder.

Offline scouse29

• Legacy Fan
  • Koppite

He played well in the first leg and our game changed after he went off. For the worse might i add.

I hope to god he is fit to play on Wednesday.
The Liverpool way!!!

Offline 1995red14

• Main Stander
Obvious Troll is obvious.

Must try harder.
Spearing is better than Silva, then.  Really logical. 

Offline scouse29

• Legacy Fan
  • Koppite

Who mentioned anything about Jay being better than Silva?

What sort of comparision is that?
The Liverpool way!!!

Offline 1995red14

• Main Stander
Who mentioned anything about Jay being better than Silva?

What sort of comparision is that?
Fair enough.  What was wrong with my initial post?  I would sooner see a wise old head like Adam play the holding role than Spearing, a player with the tactical awareness of Gerrard and the general poor attacking play of Carragher. 

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...

did you miss the countless occasions Spearing has dominated some of the 'best' players in the league? I dunno, like last season against Man City, where he pushed Yaya Toure out of the game?
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline scouse29

• Legacy Fan
  • Koppite
Fair enough.  What was wrong with my initial post?  I would sooner see a wise old head like Adam play the holding role than Spearing, a player with the tactical awareness of Gerrard and the general poor attacking play of Carragher. 

Ha Ha . Adam holding midfield player?? He might be ok at holding pies but nothing else. Did you see the Bolton Match?

Poor attacking play of Carra? What are  you on about?

Are you in here for a wind up?
The Liverpool way!!!

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

Are you in here for a wind up?

Yes he is. Clearly.

Offline 1995red14

• Main Stander
did you miss the countless occasions Spearing has dominated some of the 'best' players in the league? I dunno, like last season against Man City, where he pushed Yaya Toure out of the game?
Lucas was next to him that game.  Lucas has the best positioning I have ever seen in a defensive midfielder, so he was always there to cover.  Spearing's strength is in his running around and hounding of opponents.  Without Lucas holding his position, we will struggle. 

Offline scouse29

• Legacy Fan
  • Koppite
Lucas was next to him that game.  Lucas has the best positioning I have ever seen in a defensive midfielder, so he was always there to cover.  Spearing's strength is in his running around and hounding of opponents.  Without Lucas holding his position, we will struggle. 

Re watch the first 20 minutes of the first leg. Jay more than holding his own and we were well on top.
The Liverpool way!!!

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
If zabaleta plays right back it will helps us out as downing is scared of Richards, he might have a go at zabaleta
YNWA

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

Why do you say we ? , your team lost to palace,
YNWA

Offline 1995red14

• Main Stander
Re watch the first 20 minutes of the first leg. Jay more than holding his own and we were well on top.
Against a Silva-less city. 

Offline 1995red14

• Main Stander
Why do you say we ? , your team lost to palace,
Nonsense. 

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
Hopefully Gerrard and Spearing central midfield, Kuyt or Bellamy up top, Downing and Maxi on the wings.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline scouse29

• Legacy Fan
  • Koppite
The Liverpool way!!!

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.

Offline 1995red14

• Main Stander
Where is Evra?
He has gone, due to an act of inexplicable censorship from the moderating council. 

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone who says Adam should be played as a DM is trolling. I don't believe anyone can watch him in that role and conclude he is good enough to be there against Silva. No one is that stupid.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline 1995red14

• Main Stander
No - they did!
My team disposed of a Chelsea side with ease, then scraped to a 1-0 win against Manchester City due to embarrassing tactics and a dive from Daniel Agger. 

Offline zufar

• Anny Roader
  • Over the line and far away!
Looks promising. who knows caroll might score by the magic of the kop end :).
YNWA

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My team disposed of a Chelsea side with ease, then scraped to a 1-0 win against Manchester City due to embarrassing tactics and a dive from Daniel Agger. 

Remember when there was an art to trolling. Ahh those days are gone.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline 1995red14

• Main Stander
Remember when there was an art to trolling. Ahh those days are gone.
I am not trolling.  Our second half performance was embarrassing, inviting City to attack the entire second half when they were clearly at their most vulnerable and for the taking. 

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
Is Speo back for this?  Would like to see this...

Kuyt
Maxi                Bellamy
Henderson Gerrard
Spearing
Enrique Agger Skrtel Kelly
Reina

Offline chrishughes

• no brainer...
  • Kopite
  • YNWA
If we can stop Nasri and Silva we will go through.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Regi

• mental
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're caught in a Trap

For fuck sake talk some sort of sense.
Our gameplan started to unravel the last day against City when Jay went off.
If you can't see that, or can't see how crucial it is to have him in our current plight, then you're an idiot
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come
Lester Freamon

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
I truly hope that Jay is fit and ready for this match, we could really us him on the pitch.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
Pablo Zabaleta @pablo_zabaleta 
People are saying that Liverpool are very poor in this moment, but we have a lot of respect on them, especiallly when they play at Anfield.
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Pablo Zabaleta @pablo_zabaleta 
People are saying that Liverpool are very poor in this moment, but we have a lot of respect on them, especiallly when they play at Anfield.

Its impossible to not like that man.