Author Topic: Ralf Rangnick 'interested in Liverpool' says agent  (Read 3458 times)

Offline AnnieRoad(Un)Faithful

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
Ralf Rangnick 'interested in Liverpool' says agent
« on: January 5, 2011, 04:42:46 pm »
Dan Roan
BBC Sports News Correspondent 

Rangnick led Hoffenheim to the Bundesliga for the first time 
Former Hoffenheim boss Ralf Rangnick is interested in managing Liverpool, his agent has told BBC Sport.

The German has been linked with a move to replace Roy Hodgson after leaving the Bundesliga club on New Year's Day.

Rangnick's agent, Oliver Mintzlaff, said his client has already been approached by three clubs - one Premier League outfit and two in Germany.

"He would be interested in Liverpool and it's possible he could manage there," Mintzlaff claimed.

He added: "There are no negotiations with them, not even a meeting yet, but he is a big fan of the Premier League.

"If he had to make a decision between the Premier League and staying in the Bundesliga, he would go to England."

Over the weekend reports suggested Anfield owners New England Sports Ventures (NESV), which completed its takeover in October 2010, have already started their search for a new manager.

European scout Tor-Kristian Karlsen said on his Twitter feed that Borussia Dortmund manager Jurgen Klopp had been approached about the Liverpool job and that Rangnick was also a candidate. Porto's manager Andre Villas Boas has also been linked with Liverpool.

Rangnick left Hoffenheim after four-and-a-half years in charge because of a difference of opinion with the club's owner Dietmar Hopp.

The former Stuttgart, Hannover and Schalke coach led Hoffenheim from obscurity in the German third division to the Bundesliga in successive seasons.

606: DEBATE
What do we know about Ralf Rangnick?

gurdevlfc
They finished seventh in their first season in the top flight and 11th last campaign.

Rangnick's aim for this year was to lead the club into Europe for the first time, but when one of his key players, Luiz Gustavo, was sold to Bayern Munich against his will, he resigned.

"He did not plan to leave the club but he wasn't involved in the negotiations to sell Gustavo so he had to make a decision," said Mintzlaff.

"He intended to take a break but if the right offer comes along he'll be back before long."

Despite all the speculation surrounding his job, Liverpool boss Hodgson insists he is remaining positive.

Ahead of Wednesday's trip to Blackburn, he said: "I still see a lot of things positively and my glass is absolutely half full rather than half empty at the moment.

"When you get given the job you climb up to the top of a greasy pole - we all do that - but at least you are on the pole and you have been given the chance.

"I am on an exceptionally lofty pole because the club is one of the biggest in the world and that is why when you get the job here you are so pleased you are chosen.

"I will be doing my best during the time I am working here to justify my selection and trying to get the team playing the sort of football we played [in Saturday's win] against Bolton.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9337980.stm

I'm sure he is...but we've got the ninth best manager in the world in charge.... ???
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline Roy of the rovers

• TORY Supporter - proof being he voted for Blair...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ralf Rangnick 'interested in Liverpool' says agent
« Reply #1 on: January 5, 2011, 04:43:49 pm »

Offline Tomrock

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • Hobophobic
« Reply #2 on: January 5, 2011, 04:47:43 pm »
This thread is doomed
We are the noise they could not deal with

Offline Little Louie

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3 on: January 5, 2011, 04:49:47 pm »
This thread is doomed

Doomed I tell you....DOOMED!!!
One night in Paris

Me: "Who scored? Who scored?"
Mate: "Barney Rubble, Barney Fucking Rubble"

Offline gaijin_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4 on: January 5, 2011, 04:51:35 pm »
Why do I keep seeing Hodgson's quote about the greasy pole? And why is the image I get in my head everytime I do so repulsive?  :-\

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 5, 2011, 04:52:11 pm »

of course he is. So would virtually anyone be.

The fact his agent is coming out with this now suggests that LFC are not interested in him, however....

Offline AnnieRoad(Un)Faithful

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #6 on: January 5, 2011, 05:00:20 pm »

The fact his agent is coming out with this now suggests that LFC are not interested in him, however....

That's what I thought.
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline F412OUK

• All hail the new Baldrick!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #7 on: January 5, 2011, 05:02:18 pm »

Yea how long before Sven's agent comes out with how Sven would love to manage us, and any other club who have vacancies, lol ;D
The general who became a slave. The slave who became a gladiator. The gladiator who defied an emperor = Rafael Benitez!

There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time - Malcolm X

Offline tinkertailor

• ...Beggarman. Thief!
  • Kopite
« Reply #8 on: January 5, 2011, 05:02:21 pm »
Who?

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #9 on: January 5, 2011, 05:15:52 pm »
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR