Author Topic: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes  (Read 140487 times)

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
Re: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes
« Reply #400 on: December 22, 2010, 04:17:00 pm »
He said: "It would be surprising. If he (Benitez) were the right man for the job then it would have been wiser not to let him go for six months and then have to bring him back.
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #401 on: December 22, 2010, 04:18:58 pm »
"It will depend on the players who are available," he said.

"If the players are available that we have talked about, targeted and think would really make us a better team, then of course it would help me to shape the team a lot quicker than maybe will be the case.

"But I fear that the type of player we are looking at, the type of player we think is necessary to improve our team, won't be available in the transfer window even if money was available.

"We are anxious that any players we bring in are the right ones, the right ones for the future, not just the immediate future but the long-term future.

"It is also important that they are better than the players we have got, because I think the players we have got are better than they have shown on occasions and I believe they will be better in 2011."
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline Trousers

• All Mouth And...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: December 22, 2010, 04:20:34 pm »
He said: "It would be surprising. If he (Benitez) were the right man for the job then it would have been wiser not to let him go for six months and then have to bring him back.
About the only sensible thing the man has said since he arrived here.
But the sniveling undercurrent of superiority is evident in that comment.
Militant Internet Terrorist.

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #403 on: December 22, 2010, 04:23:07 pm »

"It is also important that they are better than the players we have got, because I think the players we have got are better than they have shown on occasions and I believe they will be better in 2011."

Unless, of course, we lose a few games in which case they'll be rubbish again. Just pick a position and stick with it, Roy.

Agree with him about Rafa, though. He was the right man six months ago and shouldn't have been sacked.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #404 on: December 22, 2010, 04:24:23 pm »
That quote makes no sense. The people who sacked him aren't around any more.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #405 on: December 22, 2010, 04:45:53 pm »
That quote makes no sense.

Do any of them?
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #406 on: December 22, 2010, 04:57:32 pm »

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #407 on: December 22, 2010, 05:18:54 pm »
Just listened to the Pressy on LFC.tv makes you wonder if that Email going around is true.

When asked about the Blackpool game at the weekend he said he wasn't worried about Blackpools tactics just Liverpools but he has watched a couple of matches of theirs since they beat us.

I guess that was another set of stats the scouts got ready and his reply was "What am I meant to do with them"
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #408 on: December 22, 2010, 05:21:49 pm »
Why doesn't he just watch our game against them and then you know..... do the opposite of that?

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: December 22, 2010, 05:23:23 pm »
Why doesn't he just watch our game against them and then you know..... do the opposite of that?

Heh :) That would do it!
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #410 on: December 22, 2010, 05:27:06 pm »
Just listened to the Pressy on LFC.tv makes you wonder if that Email going around is true.

What email mate? Did I miss something?
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline kevmck

• Kopite
« Reply #411 on: December 22, 2010, 05:27:40 pm »

That really made me laugh, and summed it up.. then I remembered the joke's on us and it depressed me :(

Offline OldCold

• Lock 'em all up! A spell in the army would do 'em all good! Police State? Yes please! Has bookmarked the Daily Mail's editorial.
  • Legacy Fan
  • OC - RAWK's Poser boy.
« Reply #412 on: December 22, 2010, 05:28:49 pm »
What email mate? Did I miss something?

E-mail from a supposed member of the LFC coaching staff from the old regime, discussing Roy and his ignorance towards their scouting reports.

It's so embarrasingly bad, it is probably true.

It's in one of the threads on here, i'll try and find it.
OldCold has merked so many people over the last 5 hours. Awesome.
OldCold you are an enigma.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: December 22, 2010, 05:29:24 pm »
E-mail from a supposed member of the LFC coaching staff from the old regime, discussing Roy and his ignorance towards their scouting reports.

I see, I do remember that being talked about.

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #414 on: December 22, 2010, 05:30:32 pm »

Indeed, it would have been wiser. As the current owners were not the owners six months or so ago when Benitez was let go, but were in hot pursuit of LFC ownership when Benitez was still the manager, it is plausible that FSG/NESV do indeed think Benitez is the right man for the job, certainly a BETTER man for the job than Roy and will have to do the wise thing for them, under the circumstances and bring him back.

It is Xmas season so one might as well hope and wish for the best.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline exiledintheUSA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: December 22, 2010, 05:32:29 pm »
Indeed, it would have been wiser. As the current owners were not the owners six months or so ago when Benitez was let go, but were in hot pursuit of LFC ownership when Benitez was still the manager, it is plausible that FSG/NESV do indeed think Benitez is the right man for the job, certainly a BETTER man for the job than Roy and will have to do the wise thing for them, under the circumstances and bring him back.

It is Xmas season so one might as well hope and wish for the best.

I agree that he was in charge when NESV were looking at the club but it is also no secret that some people involved / employed by NESV had some public misgivings about Rafa, as much as I want him back Iwould expect NESV to be looking elsewhere, if they are looking at all.

Offline OldCold

• Lock 'em all up! A spell in the army would do 'em all good! Police State? Yes please! Has bookmarked the Daily Mail's editorial.
  • Legacy Fan
  • OC - RAWK's Poser boy.
« Reply #416 on: December 22, 2010, 05:34:15 pm »
I agree that he was in charge when NESV were looking at the club but it is also no secret that some people involved / employed by NESV had some public misgivings about Rafa, as much as I want him back Iwould expect NESV to be looking elsewhere, if they are looking at all.

Just pm'd you the e-mail.
OldCold has merked so many people over the last 5 hours. Awesome.
OldCold you are an enigma.

Offline kevmck

• Kopite
« Reply #417 on: December 22, 2010, 11:33:29 pm »
Can you elaborate on what this e-mail is about, without breaking any confidences, etc?

Or is this not related to the preceding discussion?

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: December 22, 2010, 11:40:00 pm »
Did he really say Alder Hey is the 2nd best childrens hospital in the country?
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy/Shanklyboy.

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • op.23. Thanks for everything Rafa
« Reply #419 on: December 22, 2010, 11:44:05 pm »
Did he really say Alder Hey is the 2nd best childrens hospital in the country?

Yes he did, you can see the free video even if you don't have the e-ticket.
"We gave the fans the pride. Again. We fight for the fans, we fight for the club and we fight for our players. Maybe he cannot understand this." ~ Rafa Benitez

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #420 on: December 23, 2010, 12:01:55 am »
Just pm'd you the e-mail.

can u pm me this e-mail

Offline Superthing

• "power crazed, trigger happy, imbecile with no sense of reasoning..." who can he mean?...
  • Kopite
« Reply #421 on: December 23, 2010, 12:08:19 am »
RE: Joe Cole
"I was involved in the discussion with him, but the initiative and the desire to take Joe did come from the managing director perhaps more so than myself because I wasn't in the position to say these are the players we should be targeting as I hadn't been offered the job at that point," Hodgson said.

"I played my part in persuading him it was a good move, but I made it clear I couldn't promise him a certain position. I made it very clear Steven Gerrard was staying, and the competition for the one spot, if it was the one spot he wanted, it was going to be very tough.

"He's not so much a player I can really take responsibility for. I'd have to share the responsibility for Joe, but I have every faith in his ability, and I'm sure he'll come good."

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: December 23, 2010, 12:09:52 am »
RE: Joe Cole
"I was involved in the discussion with him, but the initiative and the desire to take Joe did come from the managing director perhaps more so than myself because I wasn't in the position to say these are the players we should be targeting as I hadn't been offered the job at that point," Hodgson said.

"I played my part in persuading him it was a good move, but I made it clear I couldn't promise him a certain position. I made it very clear Steven Gerrard was staying, and the competition for the one spot, if it was the one spot he wanted, it was going to be very tough.

"He's not so much a player I can really take responsibility for. I'd have to share the responsibility for Joe, but I have every faith in his ability, and I'm sure he'll come good."

What's the source of that quote mate?
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Superthing

• "power crazed, trigger happy, imbecile with no sense of reasoning..." who can he mean?...
  • Kopite

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: December 23, 2010, 12:14:12 am »
Do you think it's cold, Roy?

Well, yes. It's cold. I know it's cold. But then it's always cold in the winter. Well, no. It's not always cold, but it's not usually hot either. It could be really really cold, but then it could be... well, whatever it is, it's not my fault. And it's not really that cold anyway. And I suppose thatt depends on how you judge cold. I've known better cold than this, and I've let it go for a different type of cold. But then was it any better than the cold you already had? I'd say it's like a B-type cold. I gave it it's chance, but it let me down. I'm certainly not happy about that, as one of the most respected judges of cold in Europe, with 35 years experience... I'd say, it's sort of cold, the second most coldest cold in the country. But I'm not worried about the cold....

And in all truth, do you really care what the old duffer says anymore?
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: December 23, 2010, 12:19:17 am »

Well, yes. It's cold. I know it's cold. But then it's always cold in the winter. Well, no. It's not always cold, but it's not usually hot either. It could be really really cold, but then it could be... well, whatever it is, it's not my fault. And it's not really that cold anyway. And I suppose thatt depends on how you judge cold. I've known better cold than this, and I've let it go for a different type of cold. But then was it any better than the cold you already had? I'd say it's like a B-type cold. I gave it it's chance, but it let me down. I'm certainly not happy about that, as one of the most respected judges of cold in Europe, with 35 years experience... I'd say, it's sort of cold, the second most coldest cold in the country. But I'm not worried about the cold....

hilarious

but you missed the bit about worrying about the cold not keeping him awake at night but when he wakes up in the middle of the night worrying about the cold its because its cold............

John F. Kennedy/Shanklyboy.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: December 23, 2010, 12:23:00 am »
hilarious

but you missed the bit about worrying about the cold not keeping him awake at night but when he wakes up in the middle of the night worrying about the cold its because its cold............
Is it dark of a night Roy?

Yes. Yes. Definetely it's.... well yes, I suppose it's dark. Well, it could be called dark, but....

"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline SeanAxion

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #427 on: December 23, 2010, 12:32:16 am »
"I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and wierd. It'll happen to you."

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: December 23, 2010, 12:42:57 am »
Roy, do you like cake?

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: December 23, 2010, 12:44:29 am »
Yes Roy, cake... do you like cake?
Cake...? cake... cake....

Offline LFCpostCOM

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
    • LFCPost.com
« Reply #430 on: December 23, 2010, 01:35:08 am »

You forgot to say "the weather is the weather".
Join the union: www.spiritofshankly.com

Offline LFCpostCOM

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
    • LFCPost.com
« Reply #431 on: December 23, 2010, 01:39:18 am »
Ok folks, some perspective is needed here.

Roy's comments always seem to be taken by us from the viewpoint that he is the Liverpool manager. But come on, hes clearly a fake. He's only here to completely sabotage the club from the inside (like one of those parasites that gets into a cow's brain) for his good mate Sir Alex.

So, when you look at it from that perspective his comments actually do make perfect sense!

Sometimes you just gotta consider the context, so let's give the man a break, ok.
Join the union: www.spiritofshankly.com

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #432 on: December 23, 2010, 01:49:56 am »

Between the Lines: Roy Hodgson on modern day management

Liverpool manager speaks to ESPN's Ray Stubbs on the rigors of being a modern day Premier League manager. (10:03) December 22, 2010

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/video_audio/63836.html

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline kevmck

• Kopite
« Reply #433 on: December 23, 2010, 01:49:59 am »
the sad part is, as funny as some of the made up quotes are, they pale into insignificance at the ridiculousness of his actual quotes

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: December 23, 2010, 01:55:30 am »
the sad part is, as funny as some of the made up quotes are, they pale into insignificance at the ridiculousness of his actual quotes

Make it stop please, make it stop. He makes me hold my head in my hands and rub my face get fuckin rid NESV.
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #435 on: December 23, 2010, 01:58:15 am »
Between the Lines: Roy Hodgson on modern day management

Liverpool manager speaks to ESPN's Ray Stubbs on the rigors of being a modern day Premier League manager. (10:03) December 22, 2010

In that ESPN interview he's going on about being over staffed again when he got to the club I wish he would make his mind up.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #436 on: December 23, 2010, 02:03:16 am »
Hodgson's Christmas message to other managers "Keep going and don't let them grind you down".

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #437 on: December 23, 2010, 02:14:04 am »
I see Hodgson has given Joe one of his famous arm around the shoulder pep talks.

“It’s a difficult one for me to answer,” said Hodgson. “I was involved in the discussions with him, but the initiative and the desire to take Joe did come from Christian [Purslow, then managing director] perhaps more so than myself because I wasn’t in the position to say these are the players we should be targeting as I hadn’t been offered the job at that point.

“He’s not so much a player I can take responsibility for. I’d have to share the responsibility for Joe, less so than people like Poulsen, Meireles and Konchesky, who are players I was happy to bring to the club.

Offline Gigantic Lamb

• Seeks huge jar of mint sauce for quiet nights in. I need to think of a really really long Custom title. As long as possible... Any ideas PM me....I dont even like mint sauce....Whats your sauce? I am Saucy ........are you?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: December 23, 2010, 02:16:56 am »
"Keep going ,dont let them grind you down"

Fucking hell it gets worse..........

HOW THE FUCK IS HE STILL OUR MANAGER

European Cups are like houses - Ultimately it's better to own than to rent.

http://twitter.com/giganticlamb

☆☆☆☆☆

Offline MikkeB

• Mr Positive
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #439 on: December 23, 2010, 02:17:09 am »
Wow, some things he says are just plain out and out nasty..  Why humiliate your own players