Author Topic: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here  (Read 2514012 times)

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Re: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here
« Reply #7560 on: January 5, 2017, 07:30:12 pm »
I would love to see Everton bulld a 60,000 seat stadium on the docks. It would put them in hock for years and price out the 35-40,000 odd fans who actually go to Goodison now. The atmosphere will be shite and the seats will be occupied by tourists, corporates and full-kit-wankers. No money for players until well into the next decade as they pay off the debt. Although of course, like Arsenal they'll be able to redevelop the old ground, athough the demand for million-pound flats in that area may not be as strong as it is in North London.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7561 on: January 5, 2017, 07:51:32 pm »
entirely predictable in here.

cyas

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7562 on: January 5, 2017, 07:54:57 pm »
entirely predictable in here.

Indeed it is. People suggesting another football club's stadium plans have some relevance to what Liverpool Football Club should be doing - same old, same old.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Giovanni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7563 on: January 5, 2017, 08:04:23 pm »
It will have some relevance if little jimmy and his mates go to watch everton instead of LFC because they can't get a ticket in anfield
« Last Edit: January 5, 2017, 08:07:17 pm by Giovanni »
cyas

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #7564 on: January 5, 2017, 08:10:05 pm »
It will have some relevance if little jimmy and his mates go to watch everton instead of LFC because they can't get a ticket in anfield

Bearing in mind there is often empty seats at Goodison now surely they will already be watching Everton?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7565 on: January 5, 2017, 08:10:52 pm »

Will they be able to afford one at the £500m super stadium? Will they want to go to watch a second rate side who can't afford to compete?

Or have I missed where this is being funded from their billionaire owners cash along with hundreds of millions on transfers (none of which we've seen evidence of happening yet).
« Last Edit: January 5, 2017, 08:12:31 pm by CraigDace »

Offline Giovanni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7566 on: January 5, 2017, 08:19:17 pm »
Bearing in mind there is often empty seats at Goodison now surely they will already be watching Everton?
Even the ones who are babies? We are losing the battle to engage with local fans - go into any school and ask the teachers about Everton in the community and LFCs tin pot equivalent.
cyas

Offline Giovanni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7567 on: January 5, 2017, 08:21:57 pm »
Will they be able to afford one at the £500m super stadium? Will they want to go to watch a second rate side who can't afford to compete?

Or have I missed where this is being funded from their billionaire owners cash along with hundreds of millions on transfers (none of which we've seen evidence of happening yet).
Who knows, this is why I said IF. Now stand down FSGs dark knight.
cyas

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7568 on: January 5, 2017, 08:24:38 pm »

Everton have cheap tickets and don't sell out now. Maybe little Jimmy and his mates are architectural students?

Like many others, you are probably labouring under the misapprehension that building lots of seats means they'll be cheap due to economy of scale, whereas the reality is that the bigger the ground, the higher the cost per seat.

We're sitting second in the league, have just opened the new stand, have nabbed one of the most sought-after managers in the world and are playing some fantastic football. But what's really important to judge the club's ambition is that Everton may or may not build a new stadium on the docks.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Giovanni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7569 on: January 5, 2017, 08:30:22 pm »
Everton have cheap tickets and don't sell out now. Maybe little Jimmy and his mates are architectural students?

Like many others, you are probably labouring under the misapprehension that building lots of seats means they'll be cheap due to economy of scale, whereas the reality is that the bigger the ground, the higher the cost per seat.

We're sitting second in the league, have just opened the new stand, have nabbed one of the most sought-after managers in the world and are playing some fantastic football. But what's really important to judge the club's ambition is that Everton may or may not build a new stadium on the docks.
No, I'm well aware that Everton will no doubt try to hike the ticket prices up to try pay for it. I watched our owners do the same thing.

My point is that no LFC fan who is born since 2005 has ever got a chance of getting a season ticket in his own name before his 50s (and I'll be dead before my name ever gets far enough down the list). Everton fans have, and will probably continue, to be able to walk up and buy one as and when they please. This WILL have an effect on local kids and who they support.

I
cyas

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #7570 on: January 5, 2017, 08:42:34 pm »
If you want to laughably defend the idea of Everton having a bigger ground than us, be my guest, I can't be arsed arguing with you. FSG will never do anything bad in your eyes.

I always have a laugh at Craig and his valid answers to ridiculous bedwetting and calling out of "Yanks Out" bullshit caused by the hangover from H+G.

I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #7571 on: January 5, 2017, 08:47:20 pm »
Now stand down FSGs dark knight.

That's nice.

I bet all the locals go to Evertons super £1 ticket stadium and we get filled with Wools paying £300 a ticket.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7572 on: January 5, 2017, 08:48:23 pm »
I tell you what this thread will be giving the boys on GOT a good laugh. We are coming over as thin-skinned and insecure because Everton have issued a statement, full of the usual caveats, that they will have a new stadium. So what?

Offline Giovanni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7573 on: January 5, 2017, 08:53:49 pm »
To clarify, everton are still shit.
cyas

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Giovanni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7575 on: January 5, 2017, 08:57:04 pm »
That's nice.

I bet all the locals go to Evertons super £1 ticket stadium and we get filled with Wools paying £300 a ticket.
doesn't matter if your from anfield or aberdeen, when will you get a season ticket in your own name?

this really doesn't even have anything to do with evertons new stadium, I just don't believe our stadium is big enough. Not going round in circles with the same people again.
« Last Edit: January 5, 2017, 08:58:53 pm by Giovanni »
cyas

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7576 on: January 5, 2017, 08:59:30 pm »
doesn't matter if your from anfield or aberdeen, when will you get a season ticket in your own name?

you can get a half one in your name at everyon mate. will be a shame to lose you, but this is just how it is right? there are tickets available, so everyone will start supporting them now

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7577 on: January 5, 2017, 09:00:28 pm »
No, I'm well aware that Everton will no doubt try to hike the ticket prices up to try pay for it. I watched our owners do the same thing.

My point is that no LFC fan who is born since 2005 has ever got a chance of getting a season ticket in his own name before his 50s (and I'll be dead before my name ever gets far enough down the list). Everton fans have, and will probably continue, to be able to walk up and buy one as and when they please. This WILL have an effect on local kids and who they support.

I
them being shite will prevent kids buying tickets tho

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #7578 on: January 5, 2017, 09:00:29 pm »

this really doesn't even have anything to do with evertons new stadium, I just don't believe our stadium is big enough. Not going round in circles with the same people again.

I actually agree with all of that.

The daft thing is, Craig's point was the same as yours. He explicitly said "this doesn't have anything to do with us" and "I want the stadium expanding" - yet people still pile in on him.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #7579 on: January 5, 2017, 09:01:48 pm »
I actually agree with all of that.

The daft thing is, Craig's point was the same as yours. He explicitly said "this doesn't have anything to do with us" and "I want the stadium expanding" - yet people still pile in on him.

Batman just doesn't get the respect he deserves these days.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7580 on: January 5, 2017, 09:06:20 pm »
And you think that's what determines whether you become a red or a blue, in this city?

Behave.

..... and go and change your nappy.

You're starting to stink the place out.

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
« Reply #7581 on: January 5, 2017, 09:13:12 pm »
ahh so this is where all the headless reds are the ev have been banging on about.

Beds wetters

[Nobody cares what phone you have and that you are using the free version of Tapatalk]

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #7582 on: January 5, 2017, 09:14:28 pm »
So people are actually wetting the bed by Everton almost getting a new stadium for what 3-5 years now?

Laughable.

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
« Reply #7583 on: January 5, 2017, 09:29:31 pm »
So people are actually wetting the bed by Everton almost getting a new stadium for what 3-5 years now?

Laughable.
Yup, the ev are now bigger then us!

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7584 on: January 5, 2017, 09:46:45 pm »

Having a season ticket is just a way to pay for your tickets. The reason that there's a waiting list for a season ticket at Anfield is demand and that's because even though we've fallen below the standards of the 70s and 80s we are still one of the most successful teams in Europe and by far the most successful team in Liverpool. We should build the Annie Road extension in my opinion, in the simplest and most basic way to keep ticket prices as low as possible. Maybe give a few season tickets but the majority should be on local, members sales so that local, young and low earners can buy tickets on a match by match basis.

And none of that has anything to do with what Everton may or may not do up on the north docks. Are you so insecure that you're shitting yourself over a non-existent stadium?

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline paul j

• Kopite
  • liverpool f.c is my religion.
« Reply #7585 on: January 5, 2017, 10:00:26 pm »
I don't get this obsession that our ground has to be bigger than that clubs or the other clubs,there has always been clubs in England with bigger capacities in fact it is in only recently that we got a bigger capacity than woodison.
5 stars upon my shirt.
i am scouse not english.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #7586 on: January 5, 2017, 10:02:15 pm »
Have Sunderland been a bigger club than us....

Errr no...

Move to a new stadium, saddle themselves with debt, fail to fill it... they'll be shitter than ever before.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7587 on: January 5, 2017, 10:07:41 pm »
My point is that no LFC fan who is born since 2005 has ever got a chance of getting a season ticket in his own name before his 50s (and I'll be dead before my name ever gets far enough down the list).

Do you go to most home games? If I lived local and had been going regularly I'd be on full credits like a lot of regular match goers who don't have season tickets. A season ticket would be nice but if the ground was all season ticket there'd be no way for people who can't afford a season ticket to get to the match.

A season ticket is a way to pay. Clubs sell them because they guarantee cash in the bank at the start of the season. Clubs offer incentives for people to pay up front such as discounts on the full ticket price and access to cup tickets etc.  If season tickets were a premium 'product' you'd be paying over the odds, not under the odds, for the privilege of owning one in your name.

Our success over the years and the delay in developing Anfield has created a distorted view of what a season ticket represents. Everton would struggle to give full season tickets away with breakfast cereals. They have to advertise for people to take up half-season tickets at Goodison.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #7588 on: January 5, 2017, 10:08:25 pm »
Some great points by Alan X

Errr no...

Move to a new stadium, saddle themselves with debt, fail to fill it... they'll be shitter than ever before.

In one.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7589 on: January 5, 2017, 10:14:14 pm »

Errr no...

And Newcastle got relegated with a bigger stadium. West Ham have a bigger stadium and last time I looked United were four places below us and Arsenal two places below us. Chelsea have won more league titles than us in the last ten years.

There is a valid point about access for young and less well off supporters but that's an argument for redeveloping rather than building new. 
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7590 on: January 5, 2017, 11:44:01 pm »
I would love to see Everton bulld a 60,000 seat stadium on the docks. It would put them in hock for years and price out the 35-40,000 odd fans who actually go to Goodison now. The atmosphere will be shite and the seats will be occupied by tourists, corporates and full-kit-wankers. No money for players until well into the next decade as they pay off the debt.

Priced out fans, shit atmosphere, tourists, corporates and full kit wankers.

So basically a slightly larger blue version of Anfield then Al.  ;D
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7591 on: January 5, 2017, 11:51:29 pm »
Some interesting views over the last few hours.

We are Liverpool and we don't give a toss what the Bluenoses intend to do stadium wise.  But we sell out every game and I am sure the owners will have no doubt that we could sell another 5000 - 10000 tickets for all PL games.   But as has been documented many times before the owners want a return on their buck and that means more premium rate sales rather than Joe Public.  Even selling out an expanded Rd End with tickets going for £45 each would not satisfy the owners' business model.   Alan has a valid point at looking at an expanded Rd End being completed on a budget basis, surely this is doable, could add another 6000 seats at relatively low cost.  I will always prefer aways to homes because most aways retain that element of "what football is all about".  Sadly most games at Anfield make me feel like a stranger in my own town and are certainly not what football's all about.    There is a fine balance,  we are a global commodity,  Liverpool is a cosmopolitan city but there has to be a Scouse heartbeat, and unless we get the balance right the very feature that attracts supporters from far and wide will be lost for ever.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2017, 12:11:31 am by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7592 on: January 6, 2017, 05:27:55 am »
Who knows, this is why I said IF. Now stand down FSGs dark knight.

Give it a rest. It's tired and boring.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7593 on: January 6, 2017, 09:41:15 am »
Some interesting views over the last few hours.

We are Liverpool and we don't give a toss what the Bluenoses intend to do stadium wise.  But we sell out every game and I am sure the owners will have no doubt that we could sell another 5000 - 10000 tickets for all PL games.   But as has been documented many times before the owners want a return on their buck and that means more premium rate sales rather than Joe Public.  Even selling out an expanded Rd End with tickets going for £45 each would not satisfy the owners' business model.   Alan has a valid point at looking at an expanded Rd End being completed on a budget basis, surely this is doable, could add another 6000 seats at relatively low cost.  I will always prefer aways to homes because most aways retain that element of "what football is all about".  Sadly most games at Anfield make me feel like a stranger in my own town and are certainly not what football's all about.    There is a fine balance,  we are a global commodity,  Liverpool is a cosmopolitan city but there has to be a Scouse heartbeat, and unless we get the balance right the very feature that attracts supporters from far and wide will be lost for ever.
Agree with lots of this.
What I'd love to know is the extent to which the owners think corporate sales would be affected by the availability of more GA tickets, in other words how many corporates buy for guaranteed entry rather than the package. I think this is one of the drivers of whether the Anny Road goes ahead, the other being the prices they can get away with charging.

Interesting to see Alan's point about building a basic Anny Road - what do you think it could be built for? Also what do you think is a reasonable payback period for the club?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7594 on: January 6, 2017, 11:54:08 am »
Agree with lots of this.
What I'd love to know is the extent to which the owners think corporate sales would be affected by the availability of more GA tickets, in other words how many corporates buy for guaranteed entry rather than the package. I think this is one of the drivers of whether the Anny Road goes ahead, the other being the prices they can get away with charging.

Interesting to see Alan's point about building a basic Anny Road - what do you think it could be built for? Also what do you think is a reasonable payback period for the club?

I think an earlier poster suggested a redevelopment of the ARE if and when safe standing is introduced. I know that we won't take the lead on this and I'm not sure how much interest there is from other clubs but this could be a way forward for cheaper admission and increase in atmosphere. Who knows if (and its a big if) Everton do get a big stadium competitive forces may kick in and lead to some relatively revolutionary steps being taken by Liverpool.

5 weeks is a long time in football, never mind 5 years so to get in a tizzy over vague announcements from the serial bullshitters over at bitter central is a waste of energy.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7595 on: January 6, 2017, 01:03:38 pm »
Pics and progress...

Offline Smudge

• Epic Troll and one hell of a Richarlison...
  • Anny Roader

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #7598 on: January 6, 2017, 02:27:41 pm »
Tranmere usually have loads of tickets available. Cheap, too. Someone should do something or all the kids will be Tranmere fans soon.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #7599 on: January 6, 2017, 04:28:14 pm »
Club shop isn't even finished. #PleaseBanMeForALongTime
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19