Author Topic: Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle: Full time.....  (Read 43248 times)

Offline Gerrard[LFC]

• Legacy Fan
  • We are all part of Liverpool-FC
Re: Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle: Full time.....
« Reply #280 on: December 30, 2011, 10:08:51 pm »
Downing looks better on the right. Gerrard looks good anywhere. Spearing did a solid job in the middle.

still should switch from time to time and provide crosses for AC from the left with left foot of Downing and Bellamy cross from the right. Gerrard showed how to do it, lets hope others follow.
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.
MICHELANGELO

Offline Refo

• ree! How art thee?!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #281 on: December 30, 2011, 10:08:58 pm »
2 actually. And he hit the bar with one.

Id go with 3, hit the bar, miscontrolled and fouled.
I'm liking this Refo-fella. Wanna adopt?

Offline Rococo

• mo-sissoko
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: December 30, 2011, 10:09:08 pm »
Good stuff!

Gerrard - it's difficult to add to what everyone else has said.  The man is an amazing footballer and any team would be better with him playing.  The difference he made tonight shows how important he still is for us.

The back four were great again - Johnson and Enrique overlapping and providing a real attacking threat as well as being sound defensively.

Jay had a cracking game in midfield.  His challenges were spot on but his use of the ball was also very good. Bellamy showed amazing energy, what a signing he's been.

Skrtel and Agger are the best central defensive partnership in the league.  I love Carra but it's going to be difficult for him to get a game now unless one of the other two are injured.

Cabaye is a shitehouse.  Should have been off for that.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: December 30, 2011, 10:09:12 pm »
Thought it was clumsy more than anything, just jostling for position, not his fault Craig's a welsh midget. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, unless I see a replay where he has a cheeky glance at where Bellamy's at before the elbow, then I'll more than happily throw the proverbial book at him.
Never once have I ever went into a tackle like that playing football. You can see it from the front angle facing the goal. He just leads into the challenge with his elbow raised as Bellamy comes in to meet the ball. He knew where Bellamy's position was and where his face would be without even really looking at him. He didn't have to. That's probably how he got away with it, but you don't go shoulder-to-shoulder with your elbow out like that.

Craig was going mental. You could tell by his reaction it was dirty. I think Kenny took him off not because he had a cut, but because he'd have went out to break the dirty bastard.

Offline Nazi Dickhead

• Legacy Fan
  • Man moth?
« Reply #284 on: December 30, 2011, 10:09:20 pm »
With Kuyt we blocked the most of their attacks on their own half... I don't understand why is he on the bench every weekend while Henderson and his "friends" play...

Steve was great with his balls and his goal of course. Keep doing skipper!

I think Bellamy can replace Luis well temporarily.

Andy Carroll...pff... useless guy. Henderson, Carroll, Downing...change them, sell them or just leave them. Don't care. Just make some changes in January! Otherwise we gonna sink thanks to FA and ourselves. See the reds wasn't given by the ref? pffff. FA hand is above us...  They really don't want to see us in the top four. Disgusting... :boxhead  Markedly like bitches.....

Anyway...Happy New Year all! :hally

Informative, concise and well typed.
-YNWA-

Offline RI-Red

• Legacy Fan
  • What the fuck is Goony Goo Goo?
« Reply #285 on: December 30, 2011, 10:09:28 pm »
Spearing my MOTM
That ginger haired twat looks like a proper manc c*nt!

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #286 on: December 30, 2011, 10:09:47 pm »
Based on tonight's performances I'd like to see this line-up against City.

Reina

Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique

Hendo Spearing

Suarez       Gerrard      Bellamy

Carroll
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

« Reply #287 on: December 30, 2011, 10:09:55 pm »
Didn't think Adam was as bad as some are saying, but his decision making in set-pieces is really frustrating.

On the flip side I don't see how anyone can say Carroll had a good game, I'm not even talking about the missed chances. His general play was quite poor, hopefully he picks it up.

Nice to see us scoring 3 goals again.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #288 on: December 30, 2011, 10:10:13 pm »
Is it? Ba was class at Hoffenheim, class at West Ham, and now he's class at Newcastle.

Fair enough, but I want strikers that will fit in well into a system. Ba may be that player but just seeing a guy score for someone else doesn't mean he's right for us.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #289 on: December 30, 2011, 10:10:15 pm »
Im watching thjat Cabaye tackle again and hes looking at his leg. Knew what hes doing

This is fuckign bullshit. I want that fucker done
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: December 30, 2011, 10:10:26 pm »
Can't believe someone earlier suggested swapping Carroll for Ba. On tonight's performance ... no thanks.

I think it is clear to see now that the problem isn't so much Carroll but the crap service he's been getting. If Downing had managed to put even 1 of the crosses Gerrard did (in 30 minutes tonight) this season then Carroll would be doing a lot better and have scored more.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #291 on: December 30, 2011, 10:10:30 pm »
Good stuff!

Gerrard - it's difficult to add to what everyone else has said.  The man is an amazing footballer and any team would be better with him playing.  The difference he made tonight shows how important he still is for us.

The back four were great again - Johnson and Enrique overlapping and providing a real attacking threat as well as being sound defensively.

Jay had a cracking game in midfield.  His challenges were spot on but his use of the ball was also very good. Bellamy showed amazing energy, what a signing he's been.

Skrtel and Agger are the best central defensive partnership in the league.  I love Carra but it's going to be difficult for him to get a game now unless one of the other two are injured.

Cabaye is a shitehouse.  Should have been off for that.
Although, I don't think Cabaye expected Spearing to get anywhere near it, he panicked and jumped in...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: December 30, 2011, 10:10:37 pm »
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: December 30, 2011, 10:10:42 pm »
FUCK OFF ALL YOU CARROLL HATING BASTARDS.

HE DID WELL TODAY.

YOU'LL BE THE FIRST FUCKERS TO JUMP UP AND DOWN WHEN HE SCORES.

YOU'VE JUST MADE YOUR MIND UP BEFORE HE PROVES HIMSELF.

F.A LOGIC SHARING QUITE.

Get off your fucking high horse, average performance at best. Yeah, we're all delighted he's dong shit!

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #294 on: December 30, 2011, 10:11:00 pm »
just seen joe cole talking about Eden Hazard and how good he is, come on joe persuade him haha
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Dermot

• Rent this renovated space for just Ł3.99/month. Price includes neon backlighting.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: December 30, 2011, 10:11:03 pm »
Good game good game!

I'm starting to have sexy man love for Martin Skrtel and that's not a good thing to type out loud. Great to see El Capitano back and so full of running, while I can fully understand Dalglish wanting to ease him back I dunno if we can afford that luxury. he only has to hold out till May!

Fine performances from Luis Enrique, Glen Johnson who is also really back on song this season, Jay Spearing and Craig Bellamy of course - the freebie transfer of the season.
The cheek of that mon, deserves a shlap

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #296 on: December 30, 2011, 10:11:05 pm »
Joe Cole has just called Eden Hazard a right footed Messi!
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

« Reply #297 on: December 30, 2011, 10:11:05 pm »
Would help if he had a decent cross to work with? Bar Bellamy and Enrique in first half we offered nothing.
We don't have to play the ball in the air all the time do we?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: December 30, 2011, 10:11:16 pm »
Correct, apart from the informative and concise parts
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #299 on: December 30, 2011, 10:11:24 pm »
Not sure the elbow was intentional.

Anyway, I hope Suarez has his ban reduced and we see him and Stevie linking up soon.

Oh it was. Definite

More fuming at that Cabaye tackle though

Proberts right on top of that. Stinks this i tell you
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline SangPutride

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: December 30, 2011, 10:11:41 pm »
What a finish from Ba, what a clearance from Sktrel. No wonder we had one of the best defensive records in the league. Shame for Carroll, still hope hell come good once he finds his confidence again. Downing still not providing that much imo. Spearing was a beast. Bellamy and Enrique seem to have a good understanding compared to Downing and Enrique on the left.
you wouldn't be saying that if it was posted by Sangrinho Putrinada of Argentina.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #301 on: December 30, 2011, 10:12:15 pm »

Reina

Hendo Spearing

Carroll
there is no way i would drop downing, carroll would be dropped.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Redallover11

• Just behind Red Al Lover Number Ten in the Red Al Lover Queue
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: December 30, 2011, 10:12:19 pm »
Wow what a difference with Gerrard on. His deliveries were first class. But more importantly his forward thinking. Always has been his game. He gets the ball and the first thing He will do is try to play forward. What a relief to see. Adam's first thought is a first time back pass, almost always.

We  created fuck all in the first half and we really needed more bodies in the box when getting forward.
It is vital to our season that Gerrard stays fit and Healthy. It's great to have him back.
Well played Agger and Skyrtl. Well played back line in general. Pepe nothing to do,and maybe the wrong decision to come for the ball when Ba chipped him. Distribution solid enough.

I though Downing was better today and did more to get past his man. Looked a little more threatening. Bellamy played really well on the left and took his first goal so well. Only one place to put it and He found it with a great strilke. Delighted it fell to him.

Carroll, worked hard, touch let him down at times, His movement still poor. Great ball into the box and couldn't see the knock down and was too late when the knock down happened. Has to gamble in his movement more for me. He is only reacting to ball as opposed to anticipating the ball and I think that's the difference between an average player and an exceptional player. Got up well for his header onto the bar, but what a ball from the MOTM.

A little anonymous was Henderson but we were very dominant in the middle and hence won a lot of ball there but needed to get a least one more player into the box when we had the ball out wide.

And I tried to post in the Spearing thread but wouldn't let me post. A really polished performance from Spearing. Great movement off the ball to give options. Good use of ball when in possession. Super tackling and was very fortunate not to have his leg broken and He still didn't hide.

All in all a solid performance with lots of possession but little clear cut chances created in the first half. Bring on Gerrard and suddenly we are a different side.

Welcome Back Stevie.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 10:18:45 pm by redser07020 »

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #303 on: December 30, 2011, 10:12:19 pm »
Cabaye & Coloccini better get a talking to by the FA at the very least.

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #304 on: December 30, 2011, 10:12:30 pm »
Didn't think Adam was as bad as some are saying, but his decision making in set-pieces is really frustrating.

On the flip side I don't see how anyone can say Carroll had a good game, I'm not even talking about the missed chances. His general play was quite poor, hopefully he picks it up.

Nice to see us scoring 3 goals again.

thought adam was piss poor and carroll looked like a forward that will score goals if he keeps getting service like what gerrard gave him tonight

think its time to lay off carroll for now lads

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: December 30, 2011, 10:12:32 pm »

There was one moment in first half when Adam couldn't control ball that was up in air and just launched it, it never got any better for him.

Carroll did ok first half, looked completely different when Gerrard came on, the player we hope he can be.

Offline danno08

• Anny Roader
  • If you ain't first, you're last.
« Reply #306 on: December 30, 2011, 10:12:44 pm »
Steven Gerrard is world class. End of.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #307 on: December 30, 2011, 10:12:57 pm »
Oh it was. Definite

More fuming at that Cabaye tackle though

Proberts right on top of that. Stinks this i tell you

They will ignore and ban Suarez for an additional two games after we appeal.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #308 on: December 30, 2011, 10:13:06 pm »
Not a lot to add. Good win. Was really pleased with the step up in attitude that led to the equaliser and great to see Gerrard back. He really is a special player.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline muffins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Well done, lads.
« Reply #309 on: December 30, 2011, 10:13:21 pm »
Why the eff was Carroll moaning when every pass aimed close to him went wayward? He doesn't seem to do much off the ball ...

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: December 30, 2011, 10:13:39 pm »
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that's decent sarcasm.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: December 30, 2011, 10:13:48 pm »
A great way to end the year. A win, 3 goals and gerrard is back.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: December 30, 2011, 10:13:49 pm »
Brilliant to win. Was urging on Carroll to score

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: December 30, 2011, 10:13:53 pm »
Im watching thjat Cabaye tackle again and hes looking at his leg. Knew what hes doing

This is fuckign bullshit. I want that fucker done
Without a shadow of a doubt, I think the club should pursue action being taken here. That was awful. It's OK to deliberately go out and try to break someone's leg, while it's not so OK to defend someone who allegedly racially abused someone, even though there was no evidence.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #314 on: December 30, 2011, 10:13:58 pm »
there is no way i would drop downing, carroll would be dropped.

Wasted cross after wasted cross, good energy but absolutely no end product. I'm rabid to see what Gerrard's service can do for Carroll for a full game.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline Rococo

• mo-sissoko
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: December 30, 2011, 10:14:10 pm »
Although, I don't think Cabaye expected Spearing to get anywhere near it, he panicked and jumped in...

Maybe so - haven't really seen any replays yet.  Just what was shown during the match. 

Still think that in the interests of consistency he should have  been sent off for it

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: December 30, 2011, 10:14:14 pm »
 Carroll's passion was great today, held the ball up very well and attacked everything, now PLEASE do that in every game Carroll and act like you WANT to be there.

Gerrard and Skrtel, I fucking love them
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #317 on: December 30, 2011, 10:14:16 pm »

Reina

Hendo Spearing

Carroll

Is Bellamy capable of lasting two games in four days?
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: December 30, 2011, 10:14:16 pm »
We don't have to play the ball in the air all the time do we?

No but expecting him to do a Suarez type performance with neat play isn't his forte either. At least try a cross or two, it is one of his strengths.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: December 30, 2011, 10:14:43 pm »
Maybe so - haven't really seen any replays yet.  Just what was shown during the match. 

Still think that in the interests of consistency he should have  been sent off for it
Oh absolutely.... Three match ban, can't be doing that
W