Author Topic: Foot Golf  (Read 1575 times)

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Foot Golf
« on: April 29, 2017, 04:36:40 pm »
If you haven't played yet you must. I played Aintree this morning and it's brilliant. There was 5 of us and it wasn't too many, it's just a competitively brilliant laugh for any age.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
Re: Foot Golf
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 04:38:40 pm »
for any age.

I'll bring my friend and his 6 month old then.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 04:51:02 pm »
I got a hole in one on my first go, can't go again ;D

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 07:12:31 pm »
Brilliant Claire :) my daughters bf was inches away from 1.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 07:29:23 am »
Drinks on you then...

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 08:07:17 am »
Looks good fun, I've seen a couple of places near me that do it. Assume there's nothing too long? Not sure I'd fancy hoofing one down a 500 yard par 5. :D

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 09:58:36 am »
Looks good fun, I've seen a couple of places near me that do it. Assume there's nothing too long? Not sure I'd fancy hoofing one down a 500 yard par 5. :D
Jose Mourinho likes this.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2017, 10:35:12 am »

One near me (Adlington) there are no holes anywhere near 500 yards. They are par 3 and 4. Can't remember exactly how long. But about 150 yards.

It is a good laugh once you get the hang of it. The putting is frustratingly fun. It is fairly easy to get a par though.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2017, 11:24:46 am »

:D
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 2, 2017, 10:09:59 am »

They're all quite short at aintree, 3/4 par, most of them you can easily do. My cousin who's pretty good at footy came with us and is still fuming that I got a hole in one and he finished third (of our 4) and we went last August :lmao

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10 on: May 2, 2017, 10:13:38 am »
One near me (Adlington) there are no holes anywhere near 500 yards. They are par 3 and 4. Can't remember exactly how long. But about 150 yards.

It is a good laugh once you get the hang of it. The putting is frustratingly fun. It is fairly easy to get a par though.

Is that where the driving range is? Used to go there a bit back in the day.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11 on: May 2, 2017, 11:46:35 am »
It is brilliant and I am also part of the hole-in-one club.

All courses that I have played have basically been converted par 3 courses (or Par 3 courses that are now dual use Foot Golf courses) so no hole exceeds 200 yards.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: May 2, 2017, 11:49:59 am »
Stupid name for a baby.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #13 on: May 2, 2017, 12:05:37 pm »
Stupid name for a baby.

His other kid is named Now.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: May 2, 2017, 08:37:45 pm »
I got a hole in one on my first go, can't go again ;D

If that was me i'd never even play football again. What a way to go out.  ;D
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #15 on: May 3, 2017, 02:52:38 am »
On a side note - we used to play this game as kids with an older lad called foot golf. It literally comprised of the lad (who was about 15-16), toeying the ball across a field as hard as he could, with one of us chasing the ball to try and catch it.

One time, he told me to stand sort of... 45 degrees from where he was (essentially half-way up the field), so that I'd get the ball back to him quicker.

He kicked the ball and scuffed it a bit and I'm not sure of the golf term, but it was just rolling along the floor, bobbling up and down... As I went in to catch it, the ball bobbled off of a sod or something, jumped up and hit me in the fatty part of the kneecap on my left leg (right in between the kneecap and kneejoint). I immediately felt shooting pains all down and up my leg and couldn't move it, I remember wanting to shit myself and my arse felt almost painfully numb - thinking in my life, it was by far the strangest and worst pain I had felt and I even vomited with the pain. I couldn't move and was crying on the field as he laughed his head off and walked off back into his house and left me rolling around the floor in agony.

It took a passing drunk "Rocky" to pick me up and take me home - I couldn't walk properly on it for days... I still sometimes get a twinge in the knee if I move it in a certain way.

Anyway... if you go to play, don't let someone con you into chasing the ball for them as the same could happen to you.
« Last Edit: May 3, 2017, 02:54:27 am by Kidder. »
Continually on 11,420.