Author Topic: Premier League Fixtures 29 April - 1 May 2017  (Read 45927 times)

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
Re: Premier League Fixtures 29 April - 1 May 2017
« Reply #120 on: April 29, 2017, 07:26:50 pm »
Some serious confirmation bias in this thread.

::)

I admire your optimism, I really do. But you can't keep calling people out for having doubts when our team have consistently fucked up against dross all season.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: April 29, 2017, 07:27:32 pm »
Thoughts on the Burnely CB Keane? Been impressed everytime i've seen him

Massively overrated, which is not a surprise when he is English and there are very few decent centrebacks.

He does well in a system where he is protected massively. To me he doesnt look like he would do well in other systsms.

That said, we will probably buy him for 25m.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #122 on: April 29, 2017, 07:27:39 pm »
To be fair, they did beat Arsenal and Chelsea as well.
And this was their third game on a week if I'm not mistaken

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2017, 07:28:41 pm »
Some serious confirmation bias in this thread.

yep, pretty tedious, it's the same every week, it's impossible to comment on other games without doing this it seems, makes these threads as much a no go zone as threads in the main forum, I should know better than to look in!

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: April 29, 2017, 07:28:43 pm »
It is typical. We've been getting turned over by shite sides all season long who then in turn get turned over by even shittier sides promptly after.

We've only lost six times this season, and none of them were exactly thrashings by the smaller team. They often got lucky because of our injuries or because of our mistakes.

Remember that they beat Arsenal and Chelsea as well as us, and they're missing important players such as Sakho. It's almost like a football team can be inconsistent or something.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #125 on: April 29, 2017, 07:29:49 pm »

I admire your optimism, I really do. But you can't keep calling people out for having doubts when our team have consistently fucked up against dross all season.

everyone knows that, it's the constant pointing out of it that gets boring.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: April 29, 2017, 07:30:04 pm »

So what would you have said if Palace won today?

Offline TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: April 29, 2017, 07:30:32 pm »
So what would you have said if Palace won today?

They didn't, so what's your point?
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: April 29, 2017, 07:35:30 pm »
They didn't, so what's your point?

OK, just imagine they did, what would you have said?

I know I can be overly positive, but you can be overly negative, as can others. You're whining about a team that lost after beating us for no reason other than to whine. We fucked up and lost against them, but it has fuck all to do with today's result. I bet I could go on Arsenal and Chelsea forums and they won't be whining about how a team that beat them lost to Burnley.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: April 29, 2017, 07:37:04 pm »

I know I can be overly positive, but you can be overly negative, as can others. You're whining about a team that lost after beating us for no reason other than to whine. We fucked up and lost against them, but it has fuck all to do with today's result. I bet I could go on Arsenal and Chelsea forums and they won't be whining about how a team that beat them lost to Burnley.

Agreed . Who the fuck want's keeps commenting on our previous results like this?

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #130 on: April 29, 2017, 07:37:42 pm »
We've only lost six times this season, and none of them were exactly thrashings by the smaller team. They often got lucky because of our injuries or because of our mistakes.

Remember that they beat Arsenal and Chelsea as well as us, and they're missing important players such as Sakho. It's almost like a football team can be inconsistent or something.

We've lost to:

Burnley - who then lost their next league game
Bournemouth - who then lost their next league game
Swansea - who won their next league game
Hull - who then lost their next league game
Crystal Palace - who then lost their next league game

I'm not including Leicester because of Ranieri's sacking and the circumstances being entirely different. It's just so incredibly frustrating that we've made dross like that to look good and then they return to being their usual shite selves the week or two after, and pretty much remain so indefinitely.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: April 29, 2017, 07:40:12 pm »
We've lost to:

Burnley - who then lost their next league game
Bournemouth - who then lost their next league game
Swansea - who won their next league game
Hull - who then lost their next league game
Crystal Palace - who then lost their next league game

I'm not including Leicester because of Ranieri's sacking and the circumstances being entirely different. It's just so incredibly frustrating that we've made dross like that to look good and then they return to being their usual shite selves the week or two after, and pretty much remain so indefinitely.

Who did they lose these games to? Who did Swansea beat?

Offline TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: April 29, 2017, 07:40:18 pm »

I'm just pissed off that we keep losing to utterly shite teams. I couldn't give a fuck whether Chelsea or Arsenal also lost to them. That argument would carry some weight if Palace was just an isolated result but it isn't, it's part of a pattern of us dropping points to teams that we are better than time after time. We have shown we are capable of much better which just makes it all the more frustrating. You may dismiss it as 'well all teams are inconsistent' but none manage it to the same extent we do where we have comfortably the best record against top 6 sides and comfortably the worst against the rest among top teams.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #133 on: April 29, 2017, 07:40:57 pm »
Flanagan was off the pace and lucky not to be the cause of pen, and at least 1 freekick.
Ref gave Zaha nothing all game.

One interesting take away for me watching Burnley today: 2 traditional centre forwards can work!
Direct, down the wings and cross.

In games where we struggle to even muster a shot on target with our 80% possession, I m all for trying something different. And this might be it. 442!
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: April 29, 2017, 07:42:20 pm »
Flanagan was off the pace and lucky not to be the cause of pen, and at least 1 freekick.
Ref gave Zaha nothing all game.

One interesting take away for me watching Burnley today: 2 traditional centre forwards can work!
Direct, down the wings and cross.

In games where we struggle to even muster a shot on target with our 80% possession, I m all for trying something different. And this might be it. 442!

We would have seen 2 strikers up top if Origi and Sturridge had shown last seasons form.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: April 29, 2017, 07:42:50 pm »
I'm just pissed off that we keep losing to utterly shite teams. I couldn't give a fuck whether Chelsea or Arsenal also lost to them. That argument would carry some weight if Palace was just an isolated result but it isn't, it's part of a pattern of us dropping points to teams that we are better than time after time. We have shown we are capable of much better which just makes it all the more frustrating. You may dismiss it as 'well all teams are inconsistent' but none manage it to the same extent we do where we have comfortably the best record against top 6 sides and comfortably the worst against the rest among top teams.

We were thrashing some of these smaller teams earlier in the season, so we are seeing some progress at least. I know it's fucking annoying to lose to teams that we should really be beating, but every team has these losses now and again, once we cut down on those losses we'll be much better.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #136 on: April 29, 2017, 07:51:09 pm »
Would like to see Burnley's results with and without Barton this season

Think his reintroduction coincided with their form tanking.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #137 on: April 29, 2017, 07:54:50 pm »
Burnley finally win an away game this season, at the 20th time of asking. They didn't even manage one against Accrington Stanley in the League Cup or Sunderland in the FA Cup.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #138 on: April 29, 2017, 07:56:04 pm »
good result for us.
Keep big Sam on his toes for the games against our top 4 rivals.

"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: April 29, 2017, 07:59:53 pm »
Massively overrated, which is not a surprise when he is English and there are very few decent centrebacks.

He does well in a system where he is protected massively. To me he doesnt look like he would do well in other systsms.

That said, we will probably buy him for 25m.
Same with that Gibson at Boro,played under a ultra defensive manager where any defender would actually looked good and WBA have been quoted £30 million for him according to the papers today. :lmao

English premium is a joke.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: April 29, 2017, 08:02:04 pm »
Burnley tonks Palace with ease. Motherfuckers, of course they do.
Jesus how frustrating has last week been.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: April 29, 2017, 08:08:27 pm »

2-0 is a tonking?

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #142 on: April 29, 2017, 08:20:41 pm »

yep, could've scripted it last weekend....only have ourselves to blame though....fortunately all is not lost
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: April 29, 2017, 08:33:02 pm »

Yes it is, but people don't also take into account that Palace or any other small side play differently when they play someone at the bottom or near around them and the clubs at the top. They're not going to park the bus against Burnley, their ''tactics'' are not going to be the same for us and for Burnley.

hence these results. It's the same reason we do well againt the top sides. They all come in [bar United] thinking they can win and go toe to toe with us, and they lose. It plays into our hands.

It's all about match ups, styles and tactics. Not everything is so black and white.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #144 on: April 29, 2017, 08:47:18 pm »
they've played 3 games in a week...lost two of them - one to a bottom 6 club...one to a top 6 club

and won the other one.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: April 30, 2017, 08:59:37 am »
Can I just apologise in advance for being the worlds biggest Everton fan today?

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #146 on: April 30, 2017, 09:22:45 am »

You shouldn't have to justify anything that's the point. Every one has their own hopes and beliefs, and being on this place can be tough when you're optimistic, because there is always someone who is ready to piss on your hopes. I will continue to believe right to the bitter end, don't care what anyone else says. But I have realized with some people you are wasting your time, they're never going to be able to believe, the way you do. Doesn't make anyone a better supporter or whatever it just makes us all different. Having said that I share your optimisim and no one is going to drown that out, this season or any other season. 
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: April 30, 2017, 09:24:46 am »

You will have to do better than apologise you will have to surrender second place for saying that.  :D

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: April 30, 2017, 10:04:49 am »

Word of advice - relying on Everton doesn't end well...
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: April 30, 2017, 10:07:23 am »
Come on Chelsea!!
Fuck football, turning me into a Chelsea supporting prick.
I deserve better after all these years of service!!

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: April 30, 2017, 11:03:22 am »
De Gea, Shaw, Bailly, Blind, Young, Carrick, Herrera, Lingard, Rooney, Martial, Rashford.

Pretty dreadful side, shame they arent playing anyone good.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: April 30, 2017, 11:04:37 am »
Not much creativity in that Man U side.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: April 30, 2017, 11:07:35 am »
Utd 3-0. Man City to beat Boro 4-0. Spurs to draw with Arsenal 2-2.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: April 30, 2017, 11:08:36 am »
I can see Spurs beating Arsenal today. And if Chelsea turn up with the same attitude they showed against Utd at Goodison Park today, Everton will beat them. Which will blow the title race wide open. Saying that I'd still put Chelsea as slight favourites to win it given the remaining fixtures both teams will have.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: April 30, 2017, 11:10:37 am »
De Gea, Shaw, Bailly, Blind, Young, Carrick, Herrera, Lingard, Rooney, Martial, Rashford.

Pretty dreadful side, shame they arent playing anyone good.

It would only be a bonus if they lost today though. They have much tougher games coming up

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: April 30, 2017, 11:22:33 am »
Expecting a few goals today, certainly Everton Chelsea and the NLD should be full of goals, hopefully not all in our net.
Could be 5-2 for Chelsea, and a 3-3 at Spurs. Will be that type of day.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: April 30, 2017, 11:22:55 am »
Swansea might be shite, but still that's a poor Man Utd side and they need a win. So why not a draw!?

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: April 30, 2017, 11:28:40 am »
Expecting a few goals today, certainly Everton Chelsea and the NLD should be full of goals, hopefully not all in our net.
Could be 5-2 for Chelsea, and a 3-3 at Spurs. Will be that type of day.

Don't Everton have a bit of form at home. Maybe wrong though.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: April 30, 2017, 11:30:22 am »
Don't Everton have a bit of form at home. Maybe wrong though.

They've won every home league game in 2017. Man City are the only good team they beat during that time but they did score 29 goals in those 8 matches. Fantastic record to be fair to them.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #159 on: April 30, 2017, 11:31:15 am »
fingers crossed the Bitters / Lukaku are up for it ....and then Spurs manage to put some heat under the Rent Boys ringpieces.....