Author Topic: Borussia Dortmund team bus involved in an explosion  (Read 9350 times)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Borussia Dortmund team bus involved in an explosion
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2017, 12:08:13 pm »
http://www.dw.com/en/new-message-claims-responsibility-for-dortmund-blast/a-38433218

Good god that is a frightening prospect, the world is really going crap. These people need to be put in a raft and never let back on dry land again. I really hope nothing else happens, fear for Germany at the moment to be honest.  :(
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2017, 03:35:50 pm »
A right wing group trying to pin a terrorist attack on Muslim extremists is bad enough.  A right wing group possibly backed by *Russian intelligence operatives would be worse. 

Russian intelligence operatives masquerading as a right wing group trying to pin a terrorist attack on Muslim extremists becomes a nesting doll of vipers.

*When an article says "foreign security service" we all know what they really mean.  Who else would be interested in doing it?
Wouldn't be surprised to be honest. Also not surprising is that AfD met with Russian MPs last month in Moscow.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2017, 03:08:50 pm »
From the NY Times Al Qaeda/ISIS correspondent Rukmini Callimachi‏ (@rcallimachi):

1. Important update on Dortmund bus attack by @bopanc. Explosive used was military-grade (uncharacteristic of ISIS)
2. In nearly every successful & foiled IS bomb plot in Europe, explosive used was TATP. It's become their signature
3. The reason is because TATP is made from commonly available household ingredients. You can buy them over the counter, avoiding detection
4. As @bopanc writes, explosives used have been employed in past by Nazi groups. It was framed to look like IS but there were a # of errors
5. For example letter left at scene claiming attack on behalf of ISIS, referred to "unbelievers" in German. ISIS acolytes refer to "kuffar."
6. And as @charliewinter noted, letter fails to pledge allegiance to IS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, which has become de rigueur.
7. After every inspired attack, ppl flood my timeline saying, "He just learned that on the internet." Sure, that's how they do it.
8. But as fake ISIS letter left at scene of Dortmund bus attack shows, it's not as easy as you might think to absorb the ISIS lingo.
9. If sources quoted by @bopanc's are right & this was an attempt to frame IS, you'd expect they spent some effort trying to ape IS terms
10. Despite that effort, they still made enough mistakes that anyone watching ISIS closely like @PeterRNeumann realized something was off
11. A final clue: ISIS never claimed it. I realize many continue to believe ISIS "claims everything." The fact is they don't.
12. The investigation remains open and ISIS may still surprise us. But from what is now known, this attack would be *atypical* of ISIS.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2017, 07:37:32 am »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/21/dortmund-bus-attack-suspect-arrested-as-police-allege-share-dealing-plot

The German attorney general said in a statement that the man hoped to gain fianncially from the attack.

Watched too many bad movies perhaps.  Amazing how many people are willing to step over bodies for money.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 07:39:37 am by leroy »

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2017, 07:41:10 am »
OMG that is dreadful, don't even know what to say. He needs to have the book thrown at him. To be prepared to to kill people, just to make money what a lowlife.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2017, 08:01:10 am »
OMG that is dreadful, don't even know what to say. He needs to have the book thrown at him. To be prepared to to kill people, just to make money what a lowlife.
how much could he have gotten, shares are around 5 euros so with 15k puts at the most realistically he'd get €50k? Around 8 years ago they were €1 per share

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2017, 08:29:02 am »
how much could he have gotten, shares are around 5 euros so with 15k puts at the most realistically he'd get €50k? Around 8 years ago they were €1 per share

No idea how it works, but this is from the article:

"According to German media reports, Sergej W bought 15,000 put warrants for €78,000(£65,300) and could have gained up to €3.9m as a result of a large drop in Dortmund’s shares."

Offline moloch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2017, 08:29:03 am »

A few millions apparently, if even that. There's nothing a certain people wouldn't do for a few quid.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2017, 09:04:07 am »
Jesus tittyfucking Christ. Hans fucking Gruber he ain't.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2017, 09:08:32 am »
Fucking hell, this is like a bad movie plot. How fucked up must you be to come up with this. Mental.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2017, 09:12:29 am »
And the fact he wanted to blame Isis without doing any sort of research in what they do just makes it even weirder.
I guess football clubs need to do some checks who they are selling large shares do. There is nothing beyond how fucked up the world is now.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2017, 09:14:52 am »
So, guy buys an extraordinary amount of options (which are easily traceable), books a room in the same hotel as the Dortmund players and then orders steak in the immediate aftermath of the explosion before cashing in on his options (which again could be easily traced) to make millions and he expected no-one would find him suspicious?

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2017, 09:23:01 am »
No idea how it works, but this is from the article:

"According to German media reports, Sergej W bought 15,000 put warrants for €78,000(£65,300) and could have gained up to €3.9m as a result of a large drop in Dortmund’s shares."

A put warrant would usually covers a standard number of shares (100, 500, 1000 etc.). So, he could have been dealing with around 1.5 million shares. The potential profit quoted in the paper is plausible.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2017, 09:28:21 am »
A put warrant would usually covers a standard number of shares (100, 500, 1000 etc.). So, he could have been dealing with around 1.5 million shares. The potential profit quoted in the paper is plausible.
ah I thought he had puts for 15k shares, makes total sense that.

Unless he's done this through a shell company he's a fucking dickhead, and not just because he didn't do anything. Think a lot of teams are on the stock markets, would make sense for the DFB to try to get options selling on football teams banned, plenty of other scope to use puts to influence the games

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2017, 09:38:19 am »
"Borussia Dortmund's stock did drop from €5.738 to a low of €5.421 after the attack. Having recovered sligthly it slid again after the team was eliminated from the Champions League."

Maybe betting on a CL exit would've been the better option? Dickhead.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2017, 09:38:32 am »
ah I thought he had puts for 15k shares, makes total sense that.

Unless he's done this through a shell company he's a fucking dickhead, and not just because he didn't do anything. Think a lot of teams are on the stock markets, would make sense for the DFB to try to get options selling on football teams banned, plenty of other scope to use puts to influence the games
Only Dortmund are listed on the stock exchange in Germany.

Also, I don't think that will be possible. It is basically the same as betting, regulators monitor irregular patterns and the club is not involved in the transaction. The only thing would be for the DFB to prevent clubs from listing on exchanges but I don't know how viable that is.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2017, 09:41:32 am »
Only Dortmund are listed on the stock exchange in Germany.

Also, I don't think that will be possible. It is basically the same as betting, regulators monitor irregular patterns and the club is not involved in the transaction. The only thing would be for the DFB to prevent clubs from listing on exchanges but I don't know how viable that is.
if they're the only one in Germany they'd be limited, but pretty sure in Portugal the big ones are listed on the stock market, think in the PL only man united are the only ones listed?

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2017, 09:48:21 am »
if they're the only one in Germany they'd be limited, but pretty sure in Portugal the big ones are listed on the stock market, think in the PL only man united are the only ones listed?
Correct.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2017, 09:56:34 am »
Fucking hell, it's pretty much literally the plot from GTA V.

Absolute shower of shit who did this, the mind boggles at their lack of fucking empathy towards fellow human beings. Psychopathic.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Farman

• Heading off for a fruit based orgy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: April 24, 2017, 03:40:53 pm »
It's perhaps nastier than the religious motive everyone thought of initially. Seems like this isn't someone who has mental health issues, or drug problems, or some desperate father willing to kill to feed his kids. It's someone who clearly already has plenty of money, and is willing to kill to get even more of it.

If he ever gets out, a career in American politics beckons.
The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2017, 03:48:54 pm »

If he ever gets out, a career in American Russian politics beckons.

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2017, 05:17:56 pm »
...or some desperate father willing to kill to feed his kids.
Yeah, we've all been there, haven't we lads?

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2017, 07:23:12 pm »
Yeah, we've all been there, haven't we lads?
aye, I'm sure most on here of spent tens of thousands on explosives to help feed our starving kids

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2017, 08:34:58 pm »
aye, I'm sure most on here of spent tens of thousands on explosives to help feed our starving kids

If you steal a loaf of bread to feed your starving family, have you really done anything wrong?

Now imagine, your family doesn't like bread, they like blowing up things - is it wrong to blow up a bus for your starving kids?

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2017, 12:21:09 pm »
If you steal a loaf of bread to feed your starving family, have you really done anything wrong?

Now imagine, your family doesn't like bread, they like blowing up things - is it wrong to blow up a bus for your starving kids?

I guess that's okay
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Farman

• Heading off for a fruit based orgy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: April 25, 2017, 02:14:41 pm »
'Kinell lads, alright, I was just exaggerating to make the point!  ::) ;D
The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me