Author Topic: Saudi Arabia - Friends Of New Balance  (Read 14726 times)

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Re: Saudi Arabia - Friends Of New Balance
« Reply #80 on: March 6, 2017, 10:56:13 pm »
I hope they don't have any secret dirty dealings...

But I want Klopp to have unlimited funds..... This is mad!

Offline Lolo

• Ex Kop STH marooned on a tropical beach observing bronzed beauties. In dire need of a decent English pint.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • non progredi est regredi
« Reply #81 on: March 7, 2017, 12:39:57 am »
I find it HUGELY ironic that people are commenting on Saudi human rights history, when very recently posters were creaming themselves on the prospect of a Chinese takeover!
Double standards!

« Last Edit: March 7, 2017, 02:26:03 am by Lolo »

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: March 7, 2017, 12:54:18 am »
No thanks. 

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #83 on: March 7, 2017, 11:09:47 am »
I find it HUGELY ironic that people are commenting on Saudi human rights history, when very recently posters were creaming themselves on the prospect of a Chinese takeover!
Double standards!
Were these the self-same people? Because if not, kindly explain to me the huge irony and double standards on display in this thread.

There seem to me to be more bemoaning the impediment of personal principles, scruples, a sense of honour and empathy for the disenfranchised and oppressed, to our chances of gitting summa dat.

"No one's whiter than white!", cry all the most willing participants in an ethical race to the bottom. Why would we refuse to be paid off with stolen nazi gold? It's all the same, nobody's innocent, might as well get ahead any which way you can. I can play the false equivalence game too. 
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: March 7, 2017, 12:41:35 pm »
If we can get some of that tasty oil money to beef up the squad, I'm all for it. Always loved the Saudis.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #85 on: March 7, 2017, 01:52:34 pm »
If we can get some of that tasty oil money to beef up the squad, I'm all for it. Always loved the Saudis.

I'd rather get some tasty beef money to oil up the squad.  Get the McDonald's sponsorship back!
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #86 on: March 7, 2017, 05:07:53 pm »
Double standards!

Who are these people?

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #87 on: March 7, 2017, 06:45:03 pm »
Who are these people?

FSG thread link goes here  :butt ;D

I read every page for a month... it's mad! I'd give you names but I have better things to do than grass up people on a forum

Offline IzeOfAnfield

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #88 on: March 7, 2017, 09:09:03 pm »
This football club literally has more history than the House of Saud. People were bitching before about Warrior and their sexism, but this would take the cake if they became associated with us. I want absolutely nothing to do with these people.
Got to love the Klopp

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: March 7, 2017, 09:47:02 pm »
Anyone heard  the rumour that we're going to play a friendly with one of those Saudi clubs?  Are we going to the middle east to play it?  :o

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: March 8, 2017, 01:08:43 am »
That last para maybe set a world record for the most commas in one sentence.
Don't equivocate, Keith, it's 'maybe' or not 'maybe'.  8)
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Robotforaday

• Fifty shades off white
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: March 8, 2017, 11:20:37 am »
Makes me uncomfortable too. Anfield being used as the backdrop for a repressive regime's photo-op.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: March 8, 2017, 12:20:05 pm »
I was in Bahrain a few days ago meeting a Saudi-residing mate. I've never seen so many pissed-up Saudis in my entire life.

Anyway. The Saudi economy is in the shit, and there's nothing quite like a bit of financial hardship to push along gender equality and to open up a country to a bit of good old fashioned Western capitalism. Give it 10 years.

Also this is hardly major news, is it? One of our main sponsors hosted one of their new partners at our stadium. That's essentially why they pay us a shitload of money. To show off to their new mates. This week it's an obscure Saudi royal. Next week it's someone they're trying to headhunt from Nike. Welcome to 2017.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #93 on: March 8, 2017, 06:55:43 pm »
This week it's an obscure Saudi royal. Next week it's someone they're trying to headhunt from Nike. Welcome to 2017.

Bit of a difference between business headhunters and actual headhunters though.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #94 on: March 13, 2017, 03:39:54 am »
I feel like there should be a scorecard or something for the players at home...

We here in the US are still in top form with the coup in Honduras still fresh, drone bombings all over the middle east, and some precious xenophobia percolating in the sphincter of our political beltway.   And boy do we as Americans have a nice bit of history for regime change -

1. Displacing/butchering native Americans and later on using them as a billboard to bypass gambling laws
2. Overthrowing Mossedegh in Iran
3. Killing Patrice Lumumba in the Congo
4. Allende overthrow and Pinochet support - Chile (first great experiment in how neoliberal economics is a disaster for labor/workers)
5. Domino Theory Wars --- Korea and Vietnam (LBJ manufactures Gulf of Tonkin incident)
6. WWII Savior Meme --- although it took US years to declare war --- when Russians, and non US-Allied Forces were dying
7.  Not to mention our tobacco industry, oil industry and United Fruit --- using their private armies, attorneys and cronies to fuck things up
8.  Killing Black Activists like it was a game show, Huge Prison Populations, Spying upon populations and creating Oligopolies

Yep, if the US were a FIFA player --- our cuntery score would be 95 plus.

Not sure if this was discussed when the white knight of FSG were "saving" the club....  However, administration or the threat of it, changes one's perspective a tad.

Had I know there was an article about to be written about this --- I would have cited... but I'm not a big fan the publication Salon (too close to the Clintons for my taste)

http://www.salon.com/2014/03/08/35_countries_the_u_s_has_backed_international_crime_partner
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2017, 09:17:31 am »
So has anything concrete happened with this?
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2017, 09:55:23 am »
Hopefully they buy us and we financial dope our way to some success at last.