Author Topic: Sakho joins Palace on loan but more tediously...  (Read 59831 times)

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Believer
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
Re: Sakho joins Palace on loan but more tediously...
« Reply #720 on: April 21, 2017, 03:14:39 PM »
Nice interview in the Guardian with Sahko today

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/21/mamadou-sakho-interview-liverpool-crystal-palace

Honestly think he still has a future at Liverpool. It wasn't like he was performing poorly for Liverpool. He was excellent in a lot of games, but needs a good run to get in form. Would like to see him and Matip as a pairing.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Bergersleftpeg

• Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #721 on: April 21, 2017, 03:34:16 PM »
Really good piece that in the Guardian.

I am so happy to have been proven so spectacularly wrong on his time at Palace. I had expected him to barely play.

At the very worst he should now fetch a pretty penny if we decide to sell.

Offline Keith Lard

• It's who he is. Vinegar Tits. Senior RAWK Prognosticator! Viele Grüße aus Liverpool nach Stuttgart!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #722 on: April 21, 2017, 03:48:10 PM »
Poor lad was screwed over.

But there's no loyalty in football, neither from club or player. I'm sure we will try to squeeze every last penny out of the situation for our financial benefit. Wouldn't expect any less from FSG - they're tremendously good at that! And to compete, we need them to be that way.
Please sign up to and install Dropbox using this referral link and we both get 500mb of free space: http://db.tt/kbwFHrXr  ... remember you must install too.

Offline Isaacsways

• Anny Roader
« Reply #723 on: April 21, 2017, 03:56:14 PM »
Nice interview in the Guardian with Sahko today

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/21/mamadou-sakho-interview-liverpool-crystal-palace

Honestly think he still has a future at Liverpool. It wasn't like he was performing poorly for Liverpool. He was excellent in a lot of games, but needs a good run to get in form. Would like to see him and Matip as a pairing.

He'll be sold... Never thought he was good enough.. we need someone who is consistent.. he is way too erratic with form and injuries...Nice guy but never good enough. We should be looking at someone like Keane from Burnley.. we need a Carragher type, leader, organiser.. we dont have anyone like that.

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Believer
« Reply #724 on: April 21, 2017, 04:02:26 PM »
I guess he's the sacrificial lamb that will fund our summer this time around then.

To go into so many games with the likes of Clavan and Lucas (and now not even them) while we've got a £30m defender out on loan is painful.

When he goes we'll need to replace him and i sincerely doubt our ability to do so.

We also need a striker, a midfielder, a left back and another winger this summer.  That 30m is gonna have to stretch pretty far.

Offline Anfield89

• Believer
« Reply #725 on: April 21, 2017, 04:06:14 PM »
I guess he's the sacrificial lamb that will fund our summer this time around then.

To go into so many games with the likes of Clavan and Lucas (and now not even them) while we've got a £30m defender out on loan is painful.

When he goes we'll need to replace him and i sincerely doubt our ability to do so.

We also need a striker, a midfielder, a left back and another winger this summer.  That 30m is gonna have to stretch pretty far.

what?

Offline Titi Camara

• Loves a bit of odd...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Believer
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #726 on: April 21, 2017, 04:19:43 PM »
He'll be sold... Never thought he was good enough.. we need someone who is consistent.. he is way too erratic with form and injuries...Nice guy but never good enough. We should be looking at someone like Keane from Burnley.. we need a Carragher type, leader, organiser.. we dont have anyone like that.
I think the vast majority, whether they feel he won't be at the club next season or not, don't doubt Sakho's ability and I whilst I do agree he's been erratic that sort of criticism could be levelled at our entire defence since Sami and Jamie hung up their boots.

All sorts of odd going on in this post. The fact you can't even manage to spell Klavan's name correctly makes me feel your account might have been hacked by an adolescent sibling? ;D ;D ;D ;D
Belief. Unity. Faith. Hope!.

Only accept criticism from people you respect.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team.
  • Believer
  • JFT96
« Reply #727 on: April 21, 2017, 04:49:11 PM »

He is not worth £30m. We'll be lucky to get £20m.

We're not exactly in a position to ask for that much considering how badly we wanted him out .

Offline NativityinBlack

• Believer
« Reply #728 on: April 21, 2017, 05:09:45 PM »
Sure, his relationship with Klopp is broken. He will never play for Liverpool again.

We demand 30Mn for him. Some of you are sure we'll get that too !

Makes total sense, yeah.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #729 on: April 21, 2017, 05:14:25 PM »
Really good piece that in the Guardian.

I am so happy to have been proven so spectacularly wrong on his time at Palace. I had expected him to barely play.

At the very worst he should now fetch a pretty penny if we decide to sell.

Why didn't you think he'd play?

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Believer
« Reply #730 on: April 21, 2017, 05:26:02 PM »

We're not exactly in a position to ask for that much considering how badly we wanted him out .

Benteke ring a bell?  It makes sense for us to hold out if there are enough suitors.  If anything FSG would be happy to wait till deadline day because then the money can't be reinvested in the side and will disapear like last summer and January.

We're not selling him for footballing reasons.  He'd be arguably our best CB if we took him back and his performances for palace are there for all to see.  We will get near £30m.

I'd rather we keep him though.  Players have done far worse and been welcomed back into the side.  I hope Klopp is capable of burying the hatchet and doing what's best for the side.

If we had Sakho right now, I'd feel a whole lot better about the remaining games of the season, I'll say that much.  Sending him out has left us terribly short at the back time and again.

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #731 on: April 21, 2017, 05:31:50 PM »
Benteke ring a bell?  It makes sense for us to hold out if there are enough suitors.  If anything FSG would be happy to wait till deadline day because then the money can't be reinvested in the side and will disapear like last summer and January.

We're not selling him for footballing reasons.  He'd be arguably our best CB if we took him back and his performances for palace are there for all to see.  We will get near £30m.

Forwards invariably go for more money than defenders. It'll be closer to 20 than 30, guarantee it.

Offline rob1966

• Sleeping With The Enemy
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #732 on: April 21, 2017, 05:49:48 PM »
From what I can see on the WADA website, Higenamine is now on the banned substance list (update in January 2017)....

https://www.wada-ama.org/en/prohibited-list/prohibited-at-all-times/beta-2-agonists

I think the issue was that at the time of the drugs test (March/April 2016) that WADA hadn't come to a position on Higenamine and that the wording around beta-2 agonists wasn't explicit with regards to Higenamine. That's my take, which may be wrong, after reading the UEFA report.

For me the more prevalent questions are (1) why did Sakho have Higenamine in his test sample? (2) did he inform the club doctor that he was taking Higenamine?

It doesn't get more explicit than the part I've highlighted in bold - he's got no excuse and he broke club rules by going behind the mdeical teams back, stupid behaviour.

(from the Jan 2016 WADA banned list) https://www.wada-ama.org/sites/default/files/resources/files/wada-2016-prohibited-list-en.pdf

BETA-2 AGONISTS
All beta-2 agonists, including all optical isomers,
e.g. d- and l- where relevant, are prohibited.

Except:
• Inhaled salbutamol (maximum 1600 micrograms over
24 hours);
• Inhaled formoterol (maximum delivered dose
54 micrograms over 24 hours); and
• Inhaled salmeterol in accordance with the
manufacturers’ recommended therapeutic regimen.
The presence in urine of salbutamol in excess of
1000 ng/mL or formoterol in excess of 40 ng/mL is presumed
not to be an intended therapeutic use of the
substance and will be considered as an Adverse Analytical
Finding (AAF) unless the Athlete proves, through a controlled
pharmacokinetic study, that the abnormal result
was the consequence of the use of the therapeutic inhaled
dose up to the maximum indicated above.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #733 on: April 21, 2017, 07:10:08 PM »

His recent form has been very good and there seems to be enough demand for him in the PL and elsewhere to request a fee like that. This summer, centre-backs will likely be going for a premium when Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton, Southampton and Palace will all likely be looking to upgrade in that position.

For the likes of Palace spending that amount could be the difference between staying up and being relegated. His arrival was a catalyst in their recent change of fortunes. And for a club like Southampton who are going to want £50m for Van Dijk from the likes of Chelsea, City or ourselves, they are likely going to have to pay a high price for replacing Van Dijk (and Fonte).

Offline Johns_Barn

• Kopite
« Reply #734 on: April 21, 2017, 07:34:37 PM »
I've not read too much into this but I'm of the impression WADA fucked this up bad. Is this wrong? It sounded like he was getting prepped to sue them and/or UEFA. How much would their error have added to tensions with Klopp- on top having to miss the final as well the euros in France?

Offline rob1966

• Sleeping With The Enemy
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #735 on: April 21, 2017, 07:50:35 PM »
I've not read too much into this but I'm of the impression WADA fucked this up bad. Is this wrong? It sounded like he was getting prepped to sue them and/or UEFA. How much would their error have added to tensions with Klopp- on top having to miss the final as well the euros in France?

Sakho caused all this. If he'd gone to the clubs medical team, as I'm led to believe his contract states he must, the doctors would have told him Higenamine is classed as a Beta 2 agonist and that Beta 2 agonists are banned by WADA so not to take it.

DEscription of it here and who bans it and who doesn't  http://www.bscg.org/blogs/higenamine-a-natural-product-banned-in-sport/

Offline PeterTheRed

• Believer
« Reply #736 on: April 21, 2017, 07:56:12 PM »

Stones, Luiz, Otamendi, Mustafi, Mangala ... We will get more than £20 million for Sakho.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #737 on: April 21, 2017, 08:05:04 PM »
It's difficult to know how much damage it has done to Sakho's career. While if it was me I'd be tempted to sue another part of me would want to make up for lost time. That's why I can't understand why he fucked around on tour last summer.

Offline A Day 2 Remember

• Believer
  • At The End Of The Storm - Are we there yet??
« Reply #738 on: April 21, 2017, 08:06:13 PM »
It doesn't get more explicit than the part I've highlighted in bold - he's got no excuse and he broke club rules by going behind the mdeical teams back, stupid behaviour.

(from the Jan 2016 WADA banned list) https://www.wada-ama.org/sites/default/files/resources/files/wada-2016-prohibited-list-en.pdf

BETA-2 AGONISTS
All beta-2 agonists, including all optical isomers,
e.g. d- and l- where relevant, are prohibited.

Biting two players I can handle but going behind the medical staffs back is rank out of order.
5th times a charm

I want to read about a Welshman reclaiming our Kop and over engineering songs we have nicked. Priorities guys

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Believer
« Reply #739 on: April 21, 2017, 08:23:33 PM »
Think we'll easily land £30m off someone in the summer, especially after how he's been playing for Palace.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Le Jake

• Smallest RAWK Grass. Not a penny more than £20m for Benteke, OK maybe £25m at a push!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Time flies by when you're the driver of a train.
« Reply #740 on: April 21, 2017, 09:39:03 PM »
Every time some news comes out that paints Mama in a slightly better light, it gives me some hope that he'll get his place back in our squad.
I eat cakes and biscuits all the time

Offline ggcc14

• Believer
« Reply #741 on: April 21, 2017, 09:39:38 PM »
Every time some news comes out that paints Mama in a slightly better light, it gives me some hope that he'll get his place back in our squad.
Same but it is the very slimmest of hopes I think.
Slightly painful seeing the decline of Messi, but its been gradually happening for a while now
Messi is in decline, even barca have noticed that

Offline Dyno-Rod

• [BANNED] FORMERLY TEPID WATER Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Liberal, and proud to be so.
« Reply #742 on: April 21, 2017, 09:39:57 PM »
His comments about Klopp bring a great manager show that he would prefer to return here...

He won't of course, but good that he has the desire to.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 09:45:04 PM by Dyno-Rod »
With courage, nothing is impossible.

"My right arm hurts - I don't know why or who hit me."

Offline Le Jake

• Smallest RAWK Grass. Not a penny more than £20m for Benteke, OK maybe £25m at a push!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #743 on: April 21, 2017, 09:41:10 PM »
Hisxciknets about Klopp bring a great manager show that he would prefer to return here...

Whut?

Offline Dyno-Rod

• [BANNED] FORMERLY TEPID WATER Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of conviction
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #744 on: April 21, 2017, 09:45:17 PM »

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #745 on: April 21, 2017, 09:45:40 PM »
Articles written in the press won't influence Klopp.

Besides, the article is a Sakho interview in which he appears to blame everyone else except himself.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #746 on: April 21, 2017, 10:31:31 PM »

Besides, the article is a Sakho interview in which he appears to blame everyone else except himself.

I'm failing to see why he should blame himself?! What do you want him to say, "I'm sorry I took something that wasn't banned and the dodgy fuckers banned me anyway"?
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Dyno-Rod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #747 on: April 21, 2017, 10:34:17 PM »
I'm failing to see why he should blame himself?! What do you want him to say, "I'm sorry I took something that wasn't banned and the dodgy fuckers banned me anyway"?
He took something that wasn't authorised by the club...

Why?  Because he was overweight.. again...

The club would never have authorised it...

Sakho was unprofessional

Offline So... Howard Phillips

• Believer
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #748 on: April 21, 2017, 10:43:12 PM »
He took something that wasn't authorised by the club...

Why?  Because he was overweight.. again...

The club would never have authorised it...

Sakho was unprofessional

Spot on. If you have a problem which impacts upon your physical ability discuss it with the club medical staff. The rest of us mortals would love immediate access to excellent medical opinion.

Sakho should have discussed any problem. He didn't self or Internet diagnosed and dropped him and the team in the shit.

Offline Al 555

• Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • JFT 96
« Reply #749 on: April 21, 2017, 11:18:34 PM »

It wasn't banned by name but there was a medical trial that raised concerns that Higenamine was a beta 2 agonist https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19468973. Beta 2 agonists are apart from medical exemptions regarding their use in inhalers banned.

A footballer checking ingredients of a product against the banned list wouldn't realise this but a medical professional would. So Sakho should blame himself for being daft enough to use a fat burner without checking it with the Clubs medical professionals.

One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Hellrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he?
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #750 on: April 21, 2017, 11:37:36 PM »
I've said plenty about why loaning him made sense.

The issues surrounding this all started with the ban and it now appears he was banned for doing nothing wrong. If that hadn't have happened I do wonder would klopp have kept him on.

Yes I know all about the pre season messing and that was stupid but the ban put him on a tightrope. It would appear he was banned for nothing.

For that he missed out playing for his country in his country in one of the biggest tournaments in international football. He also missed out playing in a final for us and was banned at a time when his form was good and his popularity was sky rocketing.

This lead indirectly to him not playing football for some 9-10 months. The lad has really been fucked over by people who don't know their own rules.
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Ingerland 13 Ireland 19 (2004)
and its gonna stay here for 37 years til 2041 so you know how it feels

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #751 on: April 21, 2017, 11:45:16 PM »
I've said plenty about why loaning him made sense.

The issues surrounding this all started with the ban and it now appears he was banned for doing nothing wrong. If that hadn't have happened I do wonder would klopp have kept him on.

Yes I know all about the pre season messing and that was stupid but the ban put him on a tightrope. It would appear he was banned for nothing.

For that he missed out playing for his country in his country in one of the biggest tournaments in international football. He also missed out playing in a final for us and was banned at a time when his form was good and his popularity was sky rocketing.

This lead indirectly to him not playing football for some 9-10 months. The lad has really been fucked over by people who don't know their own rules.

He wasn't "banned for nothing" though. It was a grey area that he got away with. And had he informed the club doctors they would have advised him not to take it. Since protocol would be to run this by the doctors he still fucked up!
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Bitter Mug

• (Fromola) Such a Miserable F*cker!
  • Believer
« Reply #752 on: April 22, 2017, 07:58:10 AM »

We've had a poor defensive record since Sami Hyypia left.

Offline Eel Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • I'm hot for you Patricia
« Reply #753 on: April 22, 2017, 08:12:45 AM »
He wasn't "banned for nothing" though. It was a grey area that he got away with. And had he informed the club doctors they would have advised him not to take it. Since protocol would be to run this by the doctors he still fucked up!

I don't really get what's difficult to understand about this. I think its a pretty fair assumption that players are told to run any supplements, tablets etc by club doctors before taking them. We've seen numerous articles about how in depth our dietary team are, so the fact that he decided to take these supplements which were borderline illegal without informing the club is entirely his fault. Now that would obviously piss off the manager, especially when he missed massive games at a massive time for us. But to then exacerbate that by taking the piss during a tour where he should have been knuckling down and showing that he can be trusted moving forward, I just don't really see how anyone can be questioning the manager on this.

And in fairness, he's had half a season away from the club and performed well and there might still be a conversation between the two where he can salvage a career here but I doubt it.
Hodgson was a decent manager, without doubt in the top 1% of Football managers

Offline Hellrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he?
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #754 on: April 22, 2017, 09:14:02 AM »
he should have run it by the club. No question. But I still think he got hard done by, by authorities when there was a lack of clarity as to why exactly he was banned.

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Ingerland 13 Ireland 19 (2004)
and its gonna stay here for 37 years til 2041 so you know how it feels

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #755 on: April 22, 2017, 09:25:40 AM »
The ban isn't the only reason he went out on loan, infact it's probably his conduct on the US tour that made up klopp's mind. Sakho only has himself to blame.

Offline Le Jake

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #756 on: April 22, 2017, 10:03:25 AM »

If only we had a quality backup though, maybe Klopp should listen to what Mama has to say, we might be way more comfortable than we are.

What's our record with Matip and Lovren together at the back now?

Those two being injured too much without quality back up has really cost us.

Offline jillc

• I'm a Believer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #757 on: April 22, 2017, 10:14:24 AM »
If only we had a quality backup though, maybe Klopp should listen to what Mama has to say, we might be way more comfortable than we are.

Had Sakho been more professional he would still have been at the club. This is not the manager's fault, but Sakho's.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • Believer
« Reply #758 on: April 22, 2017, 10:15:39 AM »

Klopps a naughty boy who doesn't listen to his Mama.

Offline Al 555

• Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • JFT 96
« Reply #759 on: April 22, 2017, 10:42:19 AM »
Actions speak louder than words Mama.

Let's hope he has been kicking fucking lumps out of his Palace team mates in training this week. ;D
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10