Author Topic: Brendan Rodgers  (Read 214934 times)

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I can practically hear Brendan bigging up Brendan now.  ;D ;)

"Rodgers is very happy here at Celtic. I have a great relationship with myself. I'm a good boy with incredible qualities and great character. I'm a lad that has been managing fantastically well. Brendan knows that Celtic is a huge club and I have an brilliant future here."
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
Surprised at this.

Feel quite sorry for him if I am honest. He was on the brink of being an icon at one of the biggest club's in the world. He was on the brink of being in that class of managers that we hold Klopp and Simeone in.

Fast forward a couple of years and he is managing in the SPL. Such a come down.

It's a bit devils advocate so I apologise but I wonder if he does hold a little bit of a grudge against Stevie. Maybe that is too strong a word to use. It's not something I have thought about that much but Brendan is kind of the forgotten in that slip. If it hadnt happened then Brendan's entire career, life and to be honest legacy could have been so different.

He was on the brink of being an icon at a club which never lets it's icons be forgotten no matter how long their achievements were. Now he's in the SPL.
Believe

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Surprised at this.

Feel quite sorry for him if I am honest. He was on the brink of being an icon at one of the biggest club's in the world. He was on the brink of being in that class of managers that we hold Klopp and Simeone in.

Fast forward a couple of years and he is managing in the SPL. Such a come down.

It's a bit devils advocate so I apologise but I wonder if he does hold a little bit of a grudge against Stevie. Maybe that is too strong a word to use. It's not something I have thought about that much but Brendan is kind of the forgotten in that slip. If it hadnt happened then Brendan's entire career, life and to be honest legacy could have been so different.

He was on the brink of being an icon at a club which never lets it's icons be forgotten no matter how long their achievements were. Now he's in the SPL.

Yup and the post above yours is typical of the shit you see on here, closest any manager has got to winning a league title in 25 years., much closer than Lord Rafa yet people treat him like that

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Brendan's a good manager. I'd rather have Klopp...but hey we're talking about one of the world's very best managers. Rodgers has some great ideas. He just has to iron out his weaknesses a bit. With a few more years honing his skills he'll be ready to take on a big job in England again. I'm rooting for him. He tried his best here.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Online ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
Weird one this to me.  The game up here is basically shyte and if he does not walk the league, win the cup and show up in Europe he is a failure.

I think he did a reasonably good job with us, considered in the whole, and can't for the life of me see what this adds to his CV.

At least, if reports are correct, it saves us £10m then thanks Bren.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
Yup and the post above yours is typical of the shit you see on here, closest any manager has got to winning a league title in 25 years., much closer than Lord Rafa yet people treat him like that

Taking a dig at the man who literally won us a European Cup whilst having a go at other for taking digs at a manager who nearly won us a league isn't really helping your point though mate.
Believe

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I think Brendan is a man who's probably aware that there's not a great deal on his CV at the moment. He needs to find out himself what winning is like. A stint at Celtic - with the greatest of respect - even for 2 years, probably gets him a minimum of a league title and a cup. Apart from promotion with Swansea all he's got to show for his time as a manager is a healthy win percentage. Naturally for some coaches, this would suffice, but I suspect Brendan has ideas above his current station and the first step to doing that is getting a prize or two. It's similar in a way to a boxer who's had a promising career up to a point, only to be knocked out cold in his 15th fight, and who has to start on the road to glory once again.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

'Lord' Rafa gave us number five at a time when that was beyond any of our wildest dreams. He then put together the best Liverpool team in my 23 years on this planet and if it hadn't have been for selling to the absolute wrong owners he'd probably still be here now, we'd still be in the Champions League and we would more than likely have a league title or two. So fuck off being sarcastic towards one of our great managers, a man who no matter what will always be held up there with the Likes of Shanks, Paisley, Fagan and Kenny. He earnt his place amongst those greats not just for what he did on the football field, but for his humility, class, and utmost respect and dignity towards all thing Liverpool, including the families of the 96.

Anyway, rant over.

Good luck to Brendan. Will be seen as a step down but he's a Celtic boy and has said in the past his family would love to see him there. It's probably been a dream of his to manage them and now is a good time to do it as he has a couple of decades to go as a manager yet. He could become a legend there. Gonna be more difficult for Celtic with Rangers back on the scene now but this is a fantastic appointment which should keep them at bay for a while longer.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan

Then you do the exact same about a manager who won us a European cup.

boss.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
I don't think it is going to be as easy as people think for him. 

Scottish football has changed and become more Competitive in the last 4 years.  And the gap between the "diddys" and Celtic has been closing.

The other issue is that to qualify for Europe there are three qualifying rounds.  So more chances to lose out. 

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!

Then you do the exact same about a manager who won us a European cup.

boss.
It was all Suarez that season where we almost won the league  ;D

Offline newrosswaterford

• Kopite
Young man, hopes he does well up there. Will be interesting to see if he keeps his english barca view going.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
Young man, hopes he does well up there. Will be interesting to see if he keeps his english barca view going.
I would win the league in Scotland managing Celtic  ;D

Offline newrosswaterford

• Kopite
I would win the league in Scotland managing Celtic  ;D
I would hope so.. :)

Will be interesting to see what type of football wants them to play though.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Now I know what the "c" stands for.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
Feel sorry for Brendan after our near miss but can only see him being steamrollered now by the blue juggernaut that is gathering momentum and rolling through Glasgow.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 10:47:07 pm by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Online ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
Feel sorry for Brendan after our near miss but can only see him being steamrollered now by the blue juggernaut that is gathering momentum and rolling through Glasgow.

Warburton is no mug and I think the Hun will be a big deal next year.  Would fuckin ruin Brendan if the blue half won the title.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Read some comments from Suarez today that basically credits Brendan with putting him where he is.  Think it was in the Mirror.  Good luck to him anyway. 

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Read some comments from Suarez today that basically credits Brendan with putting him where he is.  Think it was in the Mirror.  Good luck to him anyway.

Where....Barcelona? :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Where....Barcelona? :D

http://www.dublinlive.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/suarez-credits-brendan-rodgers-ex-11363375

Suarez credits Brendan Rodgers as ex-Liverpool boss moves closer to Celtic hot-seat

The Uruguayan believes Rodgers played a crucial part in his development

Luis Suarez has credited Brendan Rodgers for helping him become a better player - as the former Liverpool boss is lined up to take charge at Celtic.

The Scottish champions have interviewed Rodgers twice and majority shareholder Dermot Desmond confirmed last night the new boss could be named by the weekend.

Roy Keane had been the earlier favourite to take over from Ronny Deila at the Glasgow club, but he has dropped down the pecking order.

The South American superstar striker said: "He is one of the best coaches in Europe and I am not surprised he is looking to get back in to the game because it is a game he loves.

"I am glad he has taken his time since leaving Liverpool. He should only be looking at the top jobs, with the top clubs, who will be playing Champions League football.

"If it was not for Brendan, then I know I would not be the same player that you see at Barcelona today.

"Such a big part of my education is down to him and his management.

"Of course he works to make the team stronger but he really works on a one-to-one level with the players.

"He will sit down with each player at the club, and work on where you can improve, where you can exploit opposition, he leaves nothing to chance.

"He is a very intelligent man. If the players at his next club listen to his words, they will become better players for sure."

Suarez has been the world's best striker this season with his staggering goal return helping Barca win La Liga again.

When he left Liverpool in 2014, Suarez gave a revealing insight into the methods Rodgers used to help him adjust from Dutch football to the Premier League.

“When Brendan was appointed, I was excited," he said.

"I'd actually spoken to him when he was at Swansea in Spanish, which I thought was a good touch. He was familiar with the Spanish way of playing, as he'd studied there.

"He was very clever and told me that Liverpool would play possession football, as it would suit me.

"He helped me with my runs, arriving in the area at the right time and coming in from wide, which benefited my confidence.

"We worked hard on finding ways I could isolate players and then try to beat them, man-on-man. That was the only way I could succeed in England.

"If you punt a long ball up towards me and one of these [Premier League] defenders, I am not going to win it.

"But the way Liverpool played, with the ball on the floor, and being released very fast to my feet, gave me a chance against the big guys.

"I wasn't proven and I had to adapt to the Premier League, which Brendan knew. He knows all about English football and he educated me to become successful."

Offline ghirl67

• Legacy Fan
  • "Football without the fans is nothing" -Jock Stein

Scottish football has changed and become more Competitive in the last 4 years.  And the gap between the "diddys" and Celtic has been closing.

The other issue is that to qualify for Europe there are three qualifying rounds.  So more chances to lose out.

Of course it won't be.

The three qualifiers is one of the reasons I am glad we haven't messed around and have got this done quickly. We have been horrendous in the qualifiers for the past few years.

The league needs Aberdeen and Hearts to keep improving as they have done so over past few years and if Inverness and St Johnstone could find more consistency then that would help a lot as well.
"I got a bit of a slagging for it! Do people not know I'm a Celtic fan?" Kieran Tierney on asking his parents for a Celtic top for his Christmas (2017)

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
Nearly all ex managers should be automatically respected in here , the only exception being RH who was never really a proper Liverpool Manager.

Be nice if people either said good luck or just said fuck all.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Overly sensitive and hypocritical. Quite the combination. ;)

I was having a bit of fun in my first post. Also please note that I posted again 19 seconds after you did, praising Brendan and wishing him well. So unless I'm the world's fastest reader and typist, my praise was sincere and not a reaction to your post.

No need to write me an apology, I can sense it through my screen. :)

― Christine Szymanski

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Nearly all ex managers should be automatically respected in here , the only exception being RH who was never really a proper Liverpool Manager.

Be nice if people either said good luck or just said fuck all.

Yep.  For me Rodgers is always associated with 13/14 which is the most exciting LFC team I've seen attacking wise since 1988 team.  Such a shame it fell at the last.  Probably the best team to not win the title since Newcastle under Keegan.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
great interview that, gets laughed off on here usually when you try and argue that Brendan helped improve Suarez from the player he was under Kenny to the player he is now.

Online ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
Of course it won't be.

The three qualifiers is one of the reasons I am glad we haven't messed around and have got this done quickly. We have been horrendous in the qualifiers for the past few years.

The league needs Aberdeen and Hearts to keep improving as they have done so over past few years and if Inverness and St Johnstone could find more consistency then that would help a lot as well.

Er, you forget that blue dog in the fight?

I can all honestly say I have fuck all interest in what they profess as football up here as realistically its shyte. 

The hun have a decent manager, half arse team, and a passion to get back to where they think they belong. Could be fun!

Online End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
Hope he does well the 13/14 side was the most exciting  football ive seen at our club.
No time for caution.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...

Lord Rafa? Fuck off with that shite. Having a go at people laying into Rodgers by doing exactly the same to the best manager Liverpool have had in my lifetime? Beggars belief, it really does.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
Warburton is no mug and I think the Hun will be a big deal next year.  Would fuckin ruin Brendan if the blue half won the title.

I would suspect the blue half will win, got a few mates up there and Glasgow is all blue at the moment so Brendan has some challenge to stay afloat with the Tims.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline ghirl67

• Legacy Fan
  • "Football without the fans is nothing" -Jock Stein
Er, you forget that blue dog in the fight?

I can all honestly say I have fuck all interest in what they profess as football up here as realistically its shyte. 

The hun have a decent manager, half arse team, and a passion to get back to where they think they belong. Could be fun!

I mentioned St Johnstone.
"I got a bit of a slagging for it! Do people not know I'm a Celtic fan?" Kieran Tierney on asking his parents for a Celtic top for his Christmas (2017)

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
I would suspect the blue half will win, got a few mates up there and Glasgow is all blue at the moment so Brendan has some challenge to stay afloat with the Tims.

Are you sure that is not to do with the Cup Final tomorrow where they are playing a bunch of Bottle Merchants.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite

Celtic have a good budget compared, say to, Aberdeen, Hearts St Johnstone. Aside of Rangers, they're the teams who can offer the best wages to players from other European leagues with equal/higher budgets. The myth that Scottish football is easy is moronic; yet saying that, the old firm will always be there and they'll rule the Sky money.

Brendan will be expected to perform well on the continent - he could sit on the league and win fuck all in Europe, but the old firm media would stir it up and poke at his tactical choices, transfer market performance and/or continental coaching.

Brendan always appeared to me to be too scholarly/academic and Being:Liverpool was one of Brendan's many mistakes at LFC. It was interesting to watch and it entertained me - but the program had a weird affect on my perceptions of Brendan as a manager. He presents well and is somewhat good at the media side of Football, but I think the links between him and David Brent have a slither of ironic humour.

I mean no disrespect and bear no ill feelings toward Brendan or his stewardship. I just think that his failings correlated with our loss of Luis Suarez - the Media were all over it, and as a result his PR and Media performance dipped. I could imagine Brendan going into a career in Media in ten or so years time if he fails to meet the expectations of Celtic' fans.

It is a good move for him and if he can handle the press, he'll be a percentage the way there. But he'll have to perform much better in Europe than he with us.

He may have just gone away a year for scouting or tactics knicking - I imagine that he has reams of slideshow presentations to prove it.

Continually on 11,420.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
I can practically hear Brendan bigging up Brendan now.  ;D ;)

"Rodgers is very happy here at Celtic. I have a great relationship with myself. I'm a good boy with incredible qualities and great character. I'm a lad that has been managing fantastically well. Brendan knows that Celtic is a huge club and I have an brilliant future here."
Scratching my head at this. Rodgers, being from Ireland, and seeing that Celtic are a massive club in that part of the world, he would have been dreaming as a boy of either playing, or managing a club that he supported as a boy. He'd be going there fulfilling that dream, genuinely happy about that fact, and no doubt leaving the inflated ego he obtained with his time with us at the door. People are saying it's a step down for him. I disagree. By that logic, did Rafa lower his aspirations and ambition by joining Liverpool, when he'd always coveted his dream of managing Real? It might be a step down professionally, but then again, he was never going to land a bigger job than what he had at Liverpool. As I said: it was too big too soon.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan

Has it? Another explanation for that is that Celtic have just become shite, and the standard of the league matching that. Rangers haven't been there, and the calibre of player that Celtic, and other teams, have is shocking.

If Rodgers is to do anything to improve himself at Celtic, it's to be able to identify and recruit talented players. We all know that's not exactly his forte, so we'll see how he fares.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
Yep.  For me Rodgers is always associated with 13/14 which is the most exciting LFC team I've seen attacking wise since 1988 team.  Such a shame it fell at the last.  Probably the best team to not win the title since Newcastle under Keegan.

seriously?  no mention between keegan and rodgers for the team of reina, hyypia, the best midfield in the world, kuyt and torres that thrashed a prime ferguson united side at OT, thumped madrid 4-0 and gathered more points than the 13-14 team while playing some brilliant attacking football and actually being able to defend?
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
seriously?  no mention between keegan and rodgers for the team of reina, hyypia, the best midfield in the world, kuyt and torres that thrashed a prime ferguson united side at OT, thumped madrid 4-0 and gathered more points than the 13-14 team while playing some brilliant attacking football and actually being able to defend?
Yeah, definitely not a better side than that. That side we had with Rafa would walk the league these days. That's not a gross exaggeration or overestimation of that side either. They literally would. Rodger's team arguably played better football, though. Well, more exciting to watch anyway.

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Scratching my head at this.
Jeebus, Mary and Joe Cole, I was poking harmless fun at his interview style, nothing more. Did you people take sensitivity pills this morning? :P
― Christine Szymanski

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
Yeah, definitely not a better side than that. That side we had with Rafa would walk the league these days. That's not a gross exaggeration or overestimation of that side either. They literally would. Rodger's team arguably played better football, though. Well, more exciting to watch anyway.

both teams had a glorious spring time in 09 and 14 respectively where they were stunning to watch.  personally, i'd struggle to pick a winner as far as attacking is concerned, but only one team had the other end of the pitch sorted (except for that arsenal game...)
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!