Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2010020 times)

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #4040 on: April 24, 2017, 12:11:33 pm »
hope the manager had words with him for pulling out of that 2nd half 1-on-1 with the keeper.....a crucial moment at a crucial stage of the game..a bit more desire there and we're 2-1 up...had a very lacklustre game overall...hopefully Watford away will see a repeat of his excellent displays at Stoke and WBA....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Curtisinho

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #4041 on: April 24, 2017, 04:56:55 pm »
For me I think the issue is systemic. Against teams that try to build from the back and play a little bit more open Firmino is invaluable as our main forward and even from the side he's not awful. Against teams that park the bus and play very defensively he should be playing in behind the striker centrally, and our team should be playing more direct at times. Notice almost every time we started creating chances and opening them up it was from a more direct, quicker passing forward style of play where our players were willing to try and work in tight.

Currently the stubborn approach of Klopp against defensive teams is just playing with fire. It's suicidal and the back line is exposed way too much against a counter (such as the first goal).
Walk on with hope in your heart and you'll never walk alone.

Offline M(oaning) B(ecomes) E(mbarrassing)

• Worthless.
  • RAWK Embarrassment
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thoroughly thought through
« Reply #4042 on: April 24, 2017, 05:45:55 pm »
one of the worst posts i think i have ever read

such garbage!

"If our club has any intention at all of ever actually winning the league, he's got to be the first out of the door.  "

one of the stupidest things i have ever read!

I don't give a flying donald duck what you think, I stand by my opinion on this.  There's too many easily conned 'fans', particularly the telly ones, who only see the good side of him.  Don't get me wrong, when he's good, he's very good but one flash of brilliance every five games makes him baggage that we can't afford to carry.  A liability no matter how much you want him to dazzle you every game. 

Like I've written, this is a general opinion amongst the lads who sit around me so we're talking about a lot of experience watching our club here, lots of seen-them-alls so I respect their opinions more than the Commodores on here.

I despise baseball but found this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1210166/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_17 interesting the other night when I watched it and thought; that pretty much sums up the Firmino, happy-to-fight-for-fourth mentality currently dragging our club down.   
It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

Online harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #4043 on: April 24, 2017, 05:48:20 pm »
I don't give a flying donald duck what you think, I stand by my opinion on this.  There's too many easily conned 'fans', particularly the telly ones, who only see the good side of him.  Don't get me wrong, when he's good, he's very good but one flash of brilliance every five games makes him baggage that we can't afford to carry.  A liability no matter how much you want him to dazzle you every game. 

Like I've written, this is a general opinion amongst the lads who sit around me so we're talking about a lot of experience watching our club here, lots of seen-them-alls so I respect their opinions more than the Commodores on here.

I despise baseball but found this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1210166/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_17 interesting the other night when I watched it and thought; that pretty much sums up the Firmino, happy-to-fight-for-fourth mentality currently dragging our club down.   

I would hate to see your views on Lovren  ;D

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4044 on: April 24, 2017, 05:56:40 pm »

Think it's quite clear you just don't like him, he's not as bad as your making out.

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4045 on: April 24, 2017, 06:13:14 pm »

Disagree  with you but there we go. I think he has had a decent season- involved in the best attack in the league (most goals scored), scores goals, works hard and plays most games. Could he be improved- in terms of scoring yes, but then would the replacement offer as much in terms of pressing and off the ball work? I'd much rather improve on our best players rather than binning them all off after a couple of bad performances.

Also don't get how going to the match a long time makes you any better judge of a player? Half the old ones who sit round me in the Kop don't half chat shit every game- its decided before a ball has been kicked who they will have a go at and all you get is he is shite, they are shite, we are shite. Opinions eh, we all have them!

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #4046 on: April 24, 2017, 08:19:57 pm »
Yep. Its all firminos fault
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #4047 on: April 24, 2017, 10:31:50 pm »

When you're in a hole keep on digging.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4048 on: April 24, 2017, 10:33:23 pm »
MBE with one of THE stupidest post's I've seen on here. And that's saying a lot.  ;D

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #4049 on: April 24, 2017, 10:38:41 pm »
First name out the fucking door?!!!!!!! What about bringing in 5-6 players who are better than our lads to relegate our lads to the bench. That my friend is how to improve the squad, not get rid of our better players, even if you don't rate them as high as other people!
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Online Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4050 on: April 24, 2017, 11:12:48 pm »
MBE with one of THE stupidest post's I've seen on here. And that's saying a lot.  ;D

Wouldn't be the first time either..

On another note, it looks like the Brazilians and Moreno are over yesterdays shambles, partying it up on Insta live.  Bobby seems like he's had a few, but he normally does anyway.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #4051 on: April 24, 2017, 11:54:36 pm »
it looks like the Brazilians and Moreno are over yesterdays shambles, partying it up on Insta live. 

White suits at Watford?.....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4052 on: April 25, 2017, 07:14:01 pm »
Ok, seems all the players were out celebrating 10 years at the club for Lucas.

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4053 on: April 25, 2017, 08:32:53 pm »
No one should be celebrating anything.

However, Firmino was the least of our problems on Sunday. Thought along with Coutinho he was one of the only threats we had.

Someone still needs a word with him about shirking that chance with the keeper closing in. He just pulled out - that wasn't good.

Online exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #4054 on: April 25, 2017, 08:34:33 pm »
Wouldn't be the first time either..

On another note, it looks like the Brazilians and Moreno are over yesterdays shambles, partying it up on Insta live.  Bobby seems like he's had a few, but he normally does anyway.

Klopp was there too, guess he and Moreno out this summer then.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #4055 on: April 26, 2017, 12:01:06 am »
No one should be celebrating anything.

Mr Negative doesn't believe in team building!

Klopp was there so it's beyond reproach.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4056 on: April 26, 2017, 02:16:25 am »

To be fair even though you claim it's an opinion - we all should realize it's possibly the shittiest opinion ever.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #4057 on: April 26, 2017, 03:28:15 pm »

I too have never read so much crap on a web forum in all my years.

Firmino is clearly a very good player, from the eye test, from the stats test. He was quite good digging us out of the shit in the last two games (before Palace obviously).

The only possible criticism one could level at him is he's seem quite jaded/tired recently, but that's probably from playing in every game and flights to Brazil etc.

He's an excellent player, one we might have to find a way to dovetail with a true centre-forward; that's not a criticism but a tactical issue for the team.

And yeah, it's an opinion what you bothered to type out, opinions/assholes/everyone has one etc

Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #4058 on: April 26, 2017, 03:50:57 pm »
It's kind of wild. He might not score as many goals as you'd like but his role is so clearly much more than simply scoring goals. Look at this Liverpool side and find me a player who's more integral to the way we play than Firmino. I'm not sure I've ever seen a centre forward who works this hard, or this effectively, off the ball. Maybe Suarez, but he was always verging on taking it too far - leaving his studs in the heels of defenders, taking bites out of them, etc., and risking getting sent off. I'd bet my bottom dollar that he's the last player that Klopp is looking to upgrade on. He's the dream centre forward for him.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4059 on: April 26, 2017, 04:39:14 pm »
I'd bet my bottom dollar that he's the last player that Klopp is looking to upgrade on. He's the dream centre forward for him.

If this was true, surely he would have been far more reluctant to move him wide every time Coutinho or Mané have been unavailable? Surely he would have put aside his doubts about certain players on the market and signed another wide player to ensure he can always use Firmino centrally?

I'm sorry but dream centre forwards don't score every 250-300 minutes. Klopp does indeed love Firmino because of his work-rate and there's no way he'd be sold on his terms in the near future as that poster ludicrously suggested, but equally I don't think he's anywhere near as wedded to him as his number one striker as people believe. He's spoken of using him in deeper areas (which I'm personally against) in the future.

Online slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4060 on: April 26, 2017, 04:53:31 pm »
It's kind of wild. He might not score as many goals as you'd like but his role is so clearly much more than simply scoring goals. Look at this Liverpool side and find me a player who's more integral to the way we play than Firmino. I'm not sure I've ever seen a centre forward who works this hard, or this effectively, off the ball. Maybe Suarez, but he was always verging on taking it too far - leaving his studs in the heels of defenders, taking bites out of them, etc., and risking getting sent off. I'd bet my bottom dollar that he's the last player that Klopp is looking to upgrade on. He's the dream centre forward for him.

Hmmmm. I'd take the odd risk if it meant 20 extra goals a season :-)  I think Firmino is a cracking player, and I think he would flourish if he had a top striker on the pitch with him.
He 100% has the attitude Klopp looks for, he'd be a pest to play against. In saying that, I think saying he's the dream centre forward is pushing it, a little

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #4061 on: April 26, 2017, 05:00:33 pm »

I don't think there's a maybe about it...Luis's workrate was insane....second only to Rushy's for me.....and to be honest It's a shame he hasn't got a bit of Suarez's devilment in him ...would be a much better player for it....he's certainly got the teeth for it  ;D

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4062 on: April 26, 2017, 05:03:18 pm »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, he is one of the very WORST players in the team as he showed ample evidence of today.  I tried for too long to defend him from those who sit around me and cannot abide him and what he's doing to the team but it became too much and I relented and now accept their opinions.  He sharted out (again) today in a 1-on-1 with their keeper and that's just totally unacceptable.  Just prior to that, he decided to do some clever-clever back flick when a simple forward pass would have been the better option.  And once again today, he didn't fancy it and it was clear from his attitude and his body language.  There are too many who revel in the good he does (sometimes - when he fancies it) show and gloss over the garbage he more frequently shows.  If our club has any intention at all of ever actually winning the league, he's got to be the first out of the door. 

Fucking hell. :lmao

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4063 on: April 26, 2017, 05:30:24 pm »
Fucking hell. :lmao

I think a lot of people are just getting around to read that specific post in this thread.  ;D

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4064 on: April 26, 2017, 06:24:41 pm »
People who go on about Bobby in that way, just don't appear to have any idea of just how we're set up to attack. When that front four is all together, I bet you anything that Firmino is the first name down on the team sheet. That's how important he is to the whole attacking procedure.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Dodge City

• Kemlynite
  • Weasel Fighter
« Reply #4065 on: April 26, 2017, 11:13:27 pm »
We need a proper striker. I've had enough of this false 9 horseshit. Get someone like Lacazette and play Firmino in the hole. He is not a proper striker. Just pay the fking money and don't get 5 10mill squad players. Bust the bank for proper first teamers. No more Dossenas thanks.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4066 on: April 26, 2017, 11:14:06 pm »
We need a proper striker. I've had enough of this false 9 horseshit. Get someone like Lacazette and play Firmino in the hole. He is not a proper striker. Just pay the fking money and don't get 5 10mill squad players. Bust the bank for proper first teamers. No more Dossenas thanks.
You've never seen Lacazette play have you
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4067 on: April 26, 2017, 11:19:09 pm »

Luckily its not about what you want, I would rather trust the manager's judgement. I'm pretty sure Firmino will be a big part of our attack next season regardless.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4068 on: April 27, 2017, 12:46:50 am »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, he is one of the very WORST players in the team as he showed ample evidence of today.  I tried for too long to defend him from those who sit around me and cannot abide him and what he's doing to the team but it became too much and I relented and now accept their opinions.  He sharted out (again) today in a 1-on-1 with their keeper and that's just totally unacceptable.  Just prior to that, he decided to do some clever-clever back flick when a simple forward pass would have been the better option.  And once again today, he didn't fancy it and it was clear from his attitude and his body language.  There are too many who revel in the good he does (sometimes - when he fancies it) show and gloss over the garbage he more frequently shows.  If our club has any intention at all of ever actually winning the league, he's got to be the first out of the door. 

You've said this kind of nonsense before and rightly got pulled up on it, you then went quiet on the subject for a bit. Nice to see you're back though!
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #4069 on: April 27, 2017, 10:09:42 am »
It's fun seeing where our boys are in this...
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/match/opta-stats/player-rankings

Firminho equal with Vardy for goals, more chances created than Hazard, Pogba and (gulp) Phil, tell you what. I'd LOVE him to be our WORST player as what a wonderful problem that would be!  ;D

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4070 on: April 27, 2017, 10:17:00 am »

I suggest you don't continue to sit around a bunch of numpties.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #4071 on: April 27, 2017, 10:34:10 am »
MBE must stand for major bollixology excerpts

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4072 on: April 27, 2017, 10:35:11 am »
MBE must stand for major bollixology excerpts
Must Be Evertonian seems the more likely.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4073 on: April 27, 2017, 05:33:25 pm »
It's fun seeing where our boys are in this...
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/match/opta-stats/player-rankings

Firminho equal with Vardy for goals, more chances created than Hazard, Pogba and (gulp) Phil, tell you what. I'd LOVE him to be our WORST player as what a wonderful problem that would be!  ;D

Hes shite but not as shite as Mane.   Shite is the way the kids say great right?

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #4074 on: April 27, 2017, 05:41:05 pm »

We need another striker but I don't get this 'he's not a proper striker' lark and also what a weird time to bring that criticism along when he's playing wide, which seems to be the time when the heavy criticisms creep into this thread.

He's not prolific as a striker yet but everything else about his play there is fine. Us needing another striker is more to do with us not having an alternative rather than anything to do with Firmino somehow not being good enough there.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #4075 on: April 27, 2017, 06:18:35 pm »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, he is one of the very WORST players in the team as he showed ample evidence of today.

I just can't figure out how your custom title was earned lad.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #4076 on: April 27, 2017, 06:43:59 pm »
We need another striker but I don't get this 'he's not a proper striker' lark and also what a weird time to bring that criticism along when he's playing wide, which seems to be the time when the heavy criticisms creep into this thread.

I'd argue that he's not a conventional striker in the sense that he'll create stuff on his own or takes out five defenders to score a goal. And that's probably what people want. At the same time I would say that he definitely can play in the position of a striker and with the right players around him he's deadly by moving the ball quickly, combining with his team mates or opening up space for them. Due to injuries we currently the players who would help him massively in that respect (Mane and Lallana). And that's why in my view he's not as effective. The likes of Origi and Wijnaldum are not that suited to the way he plays in my view. And that is something that needs to be adressed in the summer.

Offline Curtisinho

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #4077 on: April 27, 2017, 08:27:48 pm »
The ideal situation would be to have Firmino playing behind a true striker where he is most effective. When he was one of the top players in the BuLi he played as an AMC and dominated from there. He'd do the same under Klopp but I also think that means changing the way the team plays a little bit and moving from the 4-3-3 to either a 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1 or a diamond with Firmino behind the strikers (striker + Mané) and Coutinho becoming an 8.

Either way Firmino is Liverpool's best player and a top player in the league. Not sure how anyone could see otherwise after all he's done this season regardless of how you are comparing his statistical output.
Walk on with hope in your heart and you'll never walk alone.

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #4078 on: April 28, 2017, 01:48:49 am »
The ideal situation would be to have Firmino playing behind a true striker where he is most effective. When he was one of the top players in the BuLi he played as an AMC and dominated from there. He'd do the same under Klopp but I also think that means changing the way the team plays a little bit and moving from the 4-3-3 to either a 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1 or a diamond with Firmino behind the strikers (striker + Mané) and Coutinho becoming an 8.

Either way Firmino is Liverpool's best player and a top player in the league. Not sure how anyone could see otherwise after all he's done this season regardless of how you are comparing his statistical output.

So we should change the WHOLE set up of the team so that one player could play in his favored position where he MIGHT be marginally better... Changing from a 4-3-3 to a 4-what-ever isn't simple as it would be for a Sunday League team. The whole team would be changing how they view the game and react in game as well.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4079 on: April 28, 2017, 01:58:27 am »

If Firmino is our biggest problem, then we are in a fucking great position.
Twitter: @Bailey_90