Author Topic: Sion Away  (Read 20728 times)

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
Re: Sion Away
« Reply #80 on: December 9, 2015, 07:42:22 pm »
Is anyone in Geneva watching the games tonight? I've just paid £16 for 2 pints in the sports bar!! Not going to be hanging round here very long...
We're in Mulligans.

Offline 6europeancups

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • They call me big ears.....
« Reply #81 on: December 9, 2015, 07:47:27 pm »
We're in Mulligans.

Might take a walk up there at half time then...

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #82 on: December 9, 2015, 08:05:00 pm »
Might take a walk up there at half time then...
Now in the grand duke

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2015, 06:13:51 am »
Waiting for my flight at lhr. Not seen anyone looking like one of us yet. Hopefully it will be more apparent on the train to Sion.

Offline corbyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #84 on: December 10, 2015, 06:28:56 am »
Anyone coming back to Lausanne after the match, the bar to be in will be The Great Escape. Right in the centre of town, it's the main football bar.

Looking forward to the match!
good shout with that bar. was sound in there last night and one of the cheaper ones for ale. good music, scran and about £4 a pint at happy hour, and the bar man got us a free round in as well!

Offline Swiss Red

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2015, 12:21:07 pm »
good shout with that bar. was sound in there last night and one of the cheaper ones for ale. good music, scran and about £4 a pint at happy hour, and the bar man got us a free round in as well!

Aye, the bar men / women and the owner are sound in there. For sure one of the cheapest places for pints in Lausanne too.

If you're heading back there tonight after the match, give us a shout on here.

Roll on 4:30pm...finish work early, 16:46 train from Rolle, cans on the train, land in Sion at 6:20.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2015, 02:53:20 pm »
In some boozer in sion. Dead packed.

Offline dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2015, 03:42:30 pm »
Any spares around

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2015, 08:48:50 am »
A boss trip that was, we didn't even attempt to get into the ground and it was mad in the Sports Bar during the match.

Online Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2015, 10:31:04 am »
Hope you gave your ticket to someone who was looking for a spare Max

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2015, 11:13:32 am »
Hope you gave your ticket to someone who was looking for a spare Max

Yes would have done, if I had a ticket.

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2015, 12:35:47 pm »
What a fantastic away that was,found a Portuguese bar next door to our hotel (the Windsor ) in Geneva,£2 for bottles of superbok,so made that our base...The train journey to Sion  made this the best of the 3 aways so,far this season...scenery was amazing.atmosphere in our end was the best for a long time,inc Bill Shankly's boys getting sung for at least 20minutes...just to say thank you to everyone we had a bevy with,you know who you are...so very very proud to follow our club...photo is of our lot in the echo on Thursday night 😎
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 12:38:39 pm by rhylred »

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2015, 03:35:16 pm »
Got home about 30 mins ago, knackered, but yet another great Euro away with my lad, his 5th Euro trip but still hasn't seen us win in Europe yet unfortunately ( 3 draws 2 losses! ), a few great days with loads of great lads inc a few off here ..ABJ, Cal-liverpool, Bullyred, AP823, Acle to name a few..... :)

A few holiday snaps for anyone interested....

Me, Daniel and some right dodgy character !!!  ;)

@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2015, 04:06:55 pm »
Fabulous trip. Just on bus home from Lime St now. Breathtaking scenery, great weather, saw some lovely places thanks to the hire car, good company, delicious food.... And choc for Xmas! :)
We are a team of one half.

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2015, 04:48:54 pm »
What a trip, in bits now though.

To everyone on here that knows me that I spent the last 2 days with, thank you so much for making this trip so so special.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2015, 05:00:27 pm »
Anyone on here watch the match in the Sports Bar?

Offline Benitez Adoramus

• Main Stander
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2015, 05:32:57 pm »
What a fantastic away that was,found a Portuguese bar next door to our hotel (the Windsor ) in Geneva,£2 for bottles of superbok,so made that our base...The train journey to Sion  made this the best of the 3 aways so,far this season...scenery was amazing.atmosphere in our end was the best for a long time,inc Bill Shankly's boys getting sung for at least 20minutes...just to say thank you to everyone we had a bevy with,you know who you are...so very very proud to follow our club...photo is of our lot in the echo on Thursday night 😎
l

Some of you were in the seats in front of us on the flight from Geneva last night. What a boss trip. Stunning scenery, fantastic little towns and a bouncing away end. That 'We'll be coming down the road' that went on for 20 mins with us all bouncing and the 2 bangs from the ones at back at end of each chorus was fantastic as was the similarly long version of Forza Liverpool. This is what's missing from most games-everyone with big smiles, jumping up and down, singing and enjoying themselves. I love these trips
One of the few singers left in the Kop

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2015, 06:37:20 pm »
Anyone on here watch the match in the Sports Bar?
We had tickets mate- heard it was good in there though.

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2015, 06:43:00 pm »
We had tickets mate- heard it was good in there though.

It was mate, full of Liverpool and Sion fans singing non-stop for 90 minutes with the ale flowing.

Offline King Kenny Play

• Legacy Fan
  • "Oh Istanbul is wonderful,oh Istanbul is wonderful
« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2015, 07:34:30 pm »
What a trip, in bits now though.

To everyone on here that knows me that I spent the last 2 days with, thank you so much for making this trip so so special.
Pleasure Andy...absolutely brilliant time...Sion was so friendly..had a great sing off pre match with Sion fans...then getting soaked with ale when the Torres song got in full swing..mental!!!
Stunning place to watch footie with a load of great reds....the 11.24 train from Geneva was hilarious!!
Looking forward to 18th Feb already...whereever we end up!
See ya soon Andy
"The people who come to watch us play, who love the team and regard it as part of their lives, would never appreciate Liverpool having a huge balance in the bank. They want every asset we possess to be wearing a red shirt."

‘Football is like a piano. You need eight people to carry it, and three people to play the damn thing!’

Offline chrissimpson81

• Kopite
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2015, 10:02:02 pm »
Up there with the best that one :)

First time I've been to Switzerland and what a beautiful country it is. Train from Basel to Sion was awesome and done the 3 country bar crawl yesterday.

Offline ACLE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2015, 10:18:45 pm »
Fantastic trip & thanks to all you reds that made it that good. Still fucked so had to leave my work party early, I just can't face another bevvy.  :-X
It's not where you've been, it's where we're going.

JUSTICE DELAYED IS JUSTICE DENIED but Justice is getting closer every day.

Offline cal_liverpoolfc

• Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @cal190691
« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2015, 05:34:05 am »
Great trip, lads. Good to meet new lads such as Andy ACLE and JRC. Boss train journey with all the lads and the atmosphere in the second half was just how it should be; non stop singing. Can't wait for this draw on Monday now. Let's get it booked at the same time lads/lasses 👍 Andy, John etc, meant to message you all but my phone is fucked... We missed our train at 6.40 and had to blag it to Geneva airport, which included pie man fainting in the toilet haha
"Nah nah nah, there's no rule book. Show me the rule book"

Offline redman1974

• Legacy Fan
  • scottkop105 on twitter My new number 07511165355
« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2015, 06:40:06 am »
Another great euro away,good to meet the same old faces and some new ones. Good atmosphere in the dugout bar before and we went back in there after for a few before the last train back to Geneva. Cracking scenery on route and a great little place sion is, I was there when we last played there but it's a lot different now. Super atmosphere in the ground to just like it used to be at Anfield,roll on the draw Monday and February. Off to Anfield in a bit now for today's game and a few more beers.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #104 on: December 13, 2015, 07:50:43 am »
Sounds like you all had a great time. Not done a Euro away for 3 years, I'm so jealous!! Need to get a job in April and join you nutters ;D
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #105 on: December 13, 2015, 09:46:51 am »
Forza Liverpool Ole!

Offline AP823

• Kopite
  • Ap Singh - @ApSingh823
« Reply #106 on: December 13, 2015, 08:09:16 pm »
l

Some of you were in the seats in front of us on the flight from Geneva last night. What a boss trip. Stunning scenery, fantastic little towns and a bouncing away end. That 'We'll be coming down the road' that went on for 20 mins with us all bouncing and the 2 bangs from the ones at back at end of each chorus was fantastic as was the similarly long version of Forza Liverpool. This is what's missing from most games-everyone with big smiles, jumping up and down, singing and enjoying themselves. I love these trips

hands still killing from all the banging from the back of D5! Great trip with ABJ hoppylfc JoshRC bullyred....top reds, enjoyed the 11.24 train from geneva to sion. nice early start on captain morgan  ;D
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."
Rafa Benitez

Offline Armless Joe Gambino

• Will stone fred at the drop of a hat
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: December 13, 2015, 08:38:37 pm »
Even though I live in Switzerland, I decided to book a hotel for Thursday night, make it more like a Euro away. Booked Tuesday at late o clock after a few beers. 7 Km away from Sion, ah easy I can walk that at a push, wrong 7 Km as the crow flies on a google map. Sion is 500 meters above sea level, my hotel was 1,300 meters above sea level so 800 meters above Sion, the view was fantastic  ;D

Train was full of Reds, good fun but was not up for it at that time of day, I work nights....so arriving at 13;30 in Sion is a very early start for me.

Three or four buses a day to reach my dizzy heights (my ears popped more than once) so went for a taxi, 60-70 francs to get there..ouch. How much to wait for ten minutes till I check in and head back to town? 5 francs more...ok, happy days.
Hotel reception was empty...just keys sitting on the desk with names on them, picked mine up and dropped off my new stash of duty free smokes, thanks lads, job well done....I forgot about the whiskey though Tom...I'm sure the cleaning lady enjoyed it.
Met two lads at the hotel so we jumped back into the taxi and away we went back down the mountain, the group that arrived in the car, I hope you finally believed me and picked up your keys at the reception.

A quick drink in the bar with the never drink alone banner outside, was good to see a few familiar faces and then to that sports bar.
Managed to get a pint after a bit of waiting but that was the one and only one there, the supermarket across the road suddenly became more attractive, sorry pretty barmaids but at least I get full measures and don't get thirsty.

And then the miracle happened, I found a spare. Thanks, Mannu and Aline from the Swiss Liverbirds.

Continued with the supermarket cans, then the game.....

...after the game, after getting lost a bit and finding a garage with cans, met up again with the lads, and went for a bowl of cheese soup and small pieces of bread...commonly known as Fondue, sorry about the schnapps lads but that's the traditional way  ;D

After once again being memorized by bigredtom's song inventory, I ended up in the Sion's Ultras bar with a few others, most if not all were friendly but at that stage I did not really care....still had some cans.

Next thing I remember is waking up to the most beautiful sunrise on my hotel bed, took my trabs off then and slept for a few more hours.

Great trip, even the 3 and a half hour wait for the bus down the mountain didn't spoil it....although it was scary in my hungover state looking down that drop.

Cannot wait for the draw, no predictions just hope.

In my day everbody drank and smoked and nobody took drugs. . . . . .

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #108 on: December 13, 2015, 09:36:24 pm »
hands still killing from all the banging from the back of D5! Great trip with ABJ hoppylfc JoshRC bullyred....top reds, enjoyed the 11.24 train from geneva to sion. nice early start on captain morgan  ;D
It was brilliant from start to finish! Roll on the draw tomorrow...can't wait for the next one  ;)

I'll see you at Watford...as long as I get a spare this week.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline JRC_

• Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #109 on: December 14, 2015, 10:04:39 am »

Class trip, good to meet you two lads and some others new faces as well. Cannot beat Euro aways, see you all at the next one!

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #110 on: December 15, 2015, 10:22:44 am »
during the game the 20 minutes of "We'll be coming…", priceless !

some nice new banners around and a nice thought from the Sion fans with the JUSTICE POUR LES 96 and the YOU'LL NEVER DRINK ALONE banners at the end of the game - YNWA !

if anyone is wondering where the 250 tickets we didnt get where, check out the empty space infront of the travalling KOP !

was in the Dugout Pub before and after the game with the Sion fans loving it up !

great trip but Switzerland is too expensive, see ya all in Germany !
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: December 16, 2015, 10:40:44 am »
Ant, I reckon that's just the normal standing area for the away fans...they just didn't bother putting seats on it and so left it.
They played Basel in the cup on the Sunday after and with standing it was full, Sion won on penalties if anyone is interested....a semi away from their 14th cup final...played 13 cup finals won 13!!!!

Most modern stadiums here in Swiss are all seated but they do leave a bit for the few standers, that bit from your photo I reckon. I got a ticket just away to the right on the 18 yard line so didn't notice it, was it blocked off?

*Edit* of course it was blocked off.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 10:44:10 am by Heno »

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #112 on: December 16, 2015, 10:59:53 am »
it was blocked off Heno but some lads got their banners down there.

If Sion had sorted seats out in that section, then maybe UEFA would of authorised more tickets for us ?

www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: December 16, 2015, 11:15:53 am »
Possibly, but as I said, most Swiss stadiums have that bit for the ultras or whatever, without starting a row, I find it generally a good idea, obviously UEFA matches are all seated but you are right, could Sion have given us more seats?

My local club here in Swiss have just opened their new stadium, we stand at league games but it is now also the home of the u21's and Ladies national team....at the moment they just shut down our terrace but that said it is built to simply slot seats in....making the stadium all seater if they want to pull their finger out and bolt a few bolts.

Offline Torben Piechnik is my Dad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #114 on: December 17, 2015, 08:05:16 pm »
Was a boss trip, only just recovering ha ha :-)

Ended up travelling through Germany and having a night in Stuttgart Friday where more ale was consumed :-)

The train from Geneva was amazing, the beers with the lads was great top top lads.

Atmosphere in the ground was great, Bill Shankly Boys in particular!!

Roll on February :-)