Author Topic: Sunderland  (Read 178189 times)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Re: Sunderland
« Reply #840 on: April 6, 2017, 10:40:43 pm »
McCarthy took them down with 15 points, none from us, we beat them 1-0 at Anfield and 2-0 at theirs

The 02/03 side (also partially managed by McCarthy) that finished with 19 points took 4 points off us. Draw at Anfield and a 2-1 win at the Stadium of Light, which was the last game they won all season on December 15th. They only got 2 points from their final 20 games; scoring only two goals in their final ten games.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #841 on: April 7, 2017, 08:56:38 am »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #842 on: April 8, 2017, 02:40:43 pm »
Oh Moyes :lmao

"We have to start winning but I have to believe. We’re certainly not giving up. Win our remaining games and we stay up."
(The Guardian)

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #843 on: April 8, 2017, 02:46:08 pm »
The 02/03 side (also partially managed by McCarthy) that finished with 19 points took 4 points off us. Draw at Anfield and a 2-1 win at the Stadium of Light, which was the last game they won all season on December 15th. They only got 2 points from their final 20 games; scoring only two goals in their final ten games.
They have had some right shit on a stick mantra football managers in their PL time.

Peter Reid... "Hoof the ball to Quinn to flick on to Phillips and have 3 ball winners in the middle of the park who just kicked everyone".....Amazing how those tactics saw them finish 4th 3 seasons in a row. :butt
Howard Wilkinson.
Steve Bruce.
Mick McCarthy.
David Moyes.

A season ticket there in their PL years is the equivalent of football purgatory.
« Last Edit: April 8, 2017, 02:48:11 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #844 on: April 8, 2017, 03:41:49 pm »
#Sausages

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #845 on: April 8, 2017, 05:06:04 pm »

Starting tomorrow please David.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #846 on: April 8, 2017, 05:29:56 pm »
Toon fans are donating money to pay for a plane to go over their shithole on April 29th during their last game with a banner displaying a message reminding them what the Geordies think of them.   

:scarf :scarf :scarf :scarf
An update.

http://www.themag.co.uk/2017/04/plane-banner-sunderland-going-ahead-newcastle-united/

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #847 on: April 8, 2017, 06:29:54 pm »
Starting tomorrow please David.
id love to see him break the new invincibles

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #848 on: April 8, 2017, 06:36:32 pm »

Getting a bit desperate and pandering to the brexit fan base here:

My aim would be to sign players who understand this part of the world. I think this region is more suited to British-type players.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #849 on: April 10, 2017, 10:41:20 am »
Kilbane thinks Sunderland should stick with Moyes next season. Good thinking Kevin, I agree.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #850 on: April 10, 2017, 12:02:10 pm »
I thought this Swiss Ramble article from last season was very telling re: Sunderland's financial situation. Massive losses, massive debt. Very little profit made from sales (probably not developing players has had a hand in that). They are also heavily reliant on TV money. A recipe for long-term disaster.

A few key excerpts:

Sunderland’s £25 million loss is the third largest in the Premier League for 2014/15, only behind QPR £46 million and Aston Villa £28 million. So what, you might say, don’t all football clubs lose money?

Not any more. Although football clubs have traditionally made losses, the increasing TV deals allied with Financial Fair Play (FFP) mean that the Premier League these days is a largely profitable environment. In fact, just six clubs lost money in 2014/15 and two of those (Manchester United and Everton) only lost £4 million.

In stark contrast to Sunderland, their north-east neighbours Newcastle registered a £36 million profit, while Leicester City made £26 million – the season before they won the title. It really is some kind of a special “achievement” for Sunderland to lose so much money in today’s Premier League.

Of course, this is nothing new for Sunderland, as the last time that the club made a profit was way back in 2006. Since then they have lost money for nine consecutive seasons, accumulating total losses before tax of £170 million in this period, averaging £19 million a year.

Not only that, but the deficits have worsened over the last three seasons , increasing from £13 million in 2013 to £17 million in 2014, then again to £25 million in 2015. In fairness, these are not so bad as the £32 million loss posted in 2012, but that’s not really much to write home about.

If Sunderland were making losses while improving the squad, that would at least be understandable, but losing money while the team is getting worse is an awful combination.

This unwanted consistency is reflected in Sunderland having the fourth highest loss (£88 million) in the Premier League over the last four years, only behind big-spending Manchester City £163 million and those well-known financial basket cases QPR £143 million and Aston Villa £101 million.

Furthermore, Sunderland is one of only three clubs to have reported losses in each of the last four seasons. The other members of this unholy trinity were, of course, QPR and Villa.

Sunderland have only made £38 million from player sales in the last nine seasons, including a £3 million loss in 2012. Two years have bucked the trend: (a) 2011- £26 million from selling Jordan Henderson to Liverpool, Darren Bent to Aston Villa and Kenwyne Jones to Stoke City; b) 2013 - £11 million from selling Simon Mignolet to Liverpool and Ahmed Elmohamady to Hull City.

One of Sunderland’s fundamental problems is a lack of revenue growth – except for the centrally negotiated Premier League television deals. In fact, Sunderland’s revenue has decreased in three of the last four seasons (2012, 2013 and 2015).

Since the club’s first season back in the Premier League in 2007/08, revenue has increased by £37 million (59%), but almost all of that (£33 million) has come from new TV deals, hence the rises in 2011 and 2014. In the same period, commercial income has only grown by £7 million (albeit representing a 48% rise), while gate receipts have actually fallen by £3 million (21%).

All that lovely Premier League money means that 68% of Sunderland’s revenue comes from broadcasting, though this is slightly lower than the previous season (69%). Commercial income’s share has risen from 17% to 21%, while match day is down from 14% to 11%.

The important wages to turnover ratio increased from 67% to 76%, which is the second highest (worst) in the Premier League, only behind QPR.

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #851 on: April 10, 2017, 06:09:07 pm »
They're like the song on your phone that you always skip but never delete for whatever reason. Hopefully this season they're getting deleted.

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #853 on: April 11, 2017, 03:48:17 pm »
Ohh dear, poor David     :D

http://rokerreport.sbnation.com/2017/4/11/15243242/an-email-from-a-disgruntled-safc-fan-to-club-ceo-martin-bain
A raft of changes to help Moyes and the team?

Come on then, the suspense is killing me    :)

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #854 on: April 16, 2017, 07:52:03 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/apr/16/sunderland-david-moyes-fans-sack-manager

There were also choruses of “David Moyes had a dream, to fuck our football team” and boos when the home manager ventured from his dugout.

;D

Ps if that chant was done to biggies juicy even better
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 08:30:56 pm by Laughter is the best medicine... »

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #855 on: April 16, 2017, 08:28:12 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/apr/16/sunderland-david-moyes-fans-sack-manager

;D

I notice Davey xenophobia Moyes was forced, through injury, to replace english billy jones with foreigner Borini yesterday. The Italian scored and Khazri was one of their best players. Maybe the genius wasn't necessarily onto something when he thought making the team more British would help things

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #856 on: April 16, 2017, 08:32:36 pm »

;D

Ps if that chant was done to biggies juicy even better

:lmao

I just came in here to post that as well ;D

Edit: Just saw this too:

"I just remember I’ve got the third or fourth best win record of any Premier League manager”
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 08:36:44 pm by Hazell »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #857 on: April 16, 2017, 08:39:44 pm »
Good player that Khazri. You gotta be blind as a bat to play Ndong as a winger instead of him.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #858 on: April 16, 2017, 10:10:57 pm »
Who knows what Moyes could've made of his career if he'd of gone somewhere else from Preston instead of Everton. I think staying with the bitters for so long damaged what might have been a more fruitful career in management. I've no proof of course, but it can't be good for you mentally working at a club with that sort of atmosphere for so long.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #859 on: April 16, 2017, 10:15:00 pm »
Borini's celebration yesterday.  ;D Get the ball and try and get a winner yer fucking beaut.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #860 on: April 23, 2017, 04:47:24 pm »
Aye     :D

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #861 on: April 23, 2017, 11:13:30 pm »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #862 on: April 23, 2017, 11:21:43 pm »
Fuck me, hahahaha, o'hh man that is just hilarious     ;D

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #863 on: April 26, 2017, 10:03:58 pm »
Assuming Sunderland don't win at home to Bournemouth on Saturday, & Hull match or better Sunderland's result, the earliest Sunderland can be relegated is Saturday week, 6th May when they play Hull City, as Hull City will only need a draw to confirm Sunderland's relegation
#Sausages

Offline Paully

• Not the BlackAndWhitey one!
  • Kopite
« Reply #864 on: April 26, 2017, 10:12:56 pm »
Assuming Sunderland don't win at home to Bournemouth on Saturday, & Hull match or better Sunderland's result, the earliest Sunderland can be relegated is Saturday week, 6th May when they play Hull City, as Hull City will only need a draw to confirm Sunderland's relegation

They're down on Saturday if Hull better their result!

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #865 on: April 26, 2017, 10:20:06 pm »

I see, the table still hadn't been updated, when i was looking at Sunderland's fixtures on the BBC site, the table has now has been updated.
#Sausages

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #866 on: April 27, 2017, 12:33:33 am »

It's been a long time coming. I think they will struggle to come back up. Like Villa, they have very little to sell, a slew of aging players, hardly any youth development going on and massive debts.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #867 on: April 27, 2017, 09:47:19 am »
"There is nobody who wants to win more than me. I am used to winning, I'm not used to losing and I don't want to get used to it either."

- David Moyes after last nights defeat by Boro.

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #868 on: April 27, 2017, 10:23:28 am »
I'm glad Sunderland are going down, feel a bit sorry for their fans of course but as a club they've contributed nothing the premier league any time they've been in it. scraping survival with di canio, poyet, fat sam it was a matter of time before they finally flushed and I'm made up that moyes is the one taking them down. of course his pals in the media will explain how its not his fault, the club is a mess and he hasn't been backed etc (probably true) but hes a shithouse so good riddance.
boro can go as well - that stadlium is never full no matter who they play - the fact that these 2 are being replaced by Newcastle and brighton who will fill their stadiums and try to win games rather than just not lose is very good news.

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #869 on: April 27, 2017, 11:59:14 am »
He's done a shit job.

He should have taken a leaf out of Silva's book at Hull - he sold their top two players and invested in improving the team. If rumours of a 10 million bid for Defoe were true, they should have taken it. Instead they held onto him like he was bloody Maradonna.

The few singings he did make - namely his old Everton boys was a disaster.

I still don't get why he keeps playing this rigid defensive tactic too. Why not just bloody go for it?

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #870 on: April 27, 2017, 12:04:31 pm »
No manager could keep that lot up.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #871 on: April 27, 2017, 12:07:02 pm »
"There is nobody who wants to win more than me. I am used to winning"

Winning without winning.  ;D

Offline perspectiveplease

• getsomethenstopwastingourbandwidth!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #872 on: April 27, 2017, 12:42:57 pm »
He's done a shit job.

He should have taken a leaf out of Silva's book at Hull - he sold their top two players and invested in improving the team. If rumours of a 10 million bid for Defoe were true, they should have taken it. Instead they held onto him like he was bloody Maradonna.

I still don't get why he keeps playing this rigid defensive tactic too. Why not just bloody go for it?

Defoe has scored or assisted 16 of Sunderlands 26 PL goes this season. Selling him for a paltry £10m would have been crazy. Granted he hasn't scored since early Feb, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. At the time it was a no brainer.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #873 on: April 27, 2017, 12:46:09 pm »
I would have Defoe at the Toon, just so long as they disinfect him 1st like to get rid of the Mackem stench     ;D

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #874 on: April 27, 2017, 01:56:43 pm »
No manager could keep that lot up.

Is their squad really that much weaker than it's been the last few seasons where they've been surviving by the skin of their teeth? Don't get me wrong, they're a sorry bunch but Moyeseh has done an awful job regardless.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #875 on: April 27, 2017, 02:09:28 pm »
Is their squad really that much weaker than it's been the last few seasons where they've been surviving by the skin of their teeth? Don't get me wrong, they're a sorry bunch but Moyeseh has done an awful job regardless.

Are they any weaker than Hull City?

Silva has really shown him up.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #876 on: April 27, 2017, 03:50:52 pm »
He's done a shit job.

Don't disagree but who did Hull sell, my memory is shit! Snodgrass was one I think, who else?

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #877 on: April 27, 2017, 03:59:52 pm »
He's done a shit job.

Don't disagree with that, but problem is, is David Moyes, i don't trust him with transfers, as he'd just buy more shit past it players.

However i don't see sacking Moyes will help, as this is the exact problem Sunderland have created for themselves & why they're in this position, when they sack Moyes they'll just get another shit manager who'll get another load of shit players on prob free's ecc as they have no money, & repeat the cycle in The Championship.
#Sausages

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #878 on: April 27, 2017, 04:27:30 pm »
Don't disagree but who did Hull sell, my memory is shit! Snodgrass was one I think, who else?

Livermore

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #879 on: April 27, 2017, 04:32:03 pm »
Handing Boro their first victory of the calender year.

David Moyes, football genius.