Author Topic: Suso  (Read 85973 times)

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Suso
« Reply #120 on: November 7, 2016, 01:25:51 pm »
good to see another of our highly rated youngsters do well.

Just needs more game time and perhaps some guidance. Both which he cant get here.

Always wish them the best except against us of course.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: November 7, 2016, 01:34:25 pm »
Good luck to him, but he really isn't the 'one that got away'.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #122 on: November 7, 2016, 08:55:39 pm »
Maybe he's into Neil Sedaka?

Either way, assuming we kept him - we'll have to drop either of...

Coutinho
Lallana
Firmino
Mane

for him.

So going to Milan is still the better choice than sitting on the bench.

Most of those players weren't at the club when Suso left.

Look how much was pissed away on the likes of Balotelli, Markovic, Benteke, Lambert. Suso would have offered more than any of them.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: November 8, 2016, 11:40:36 am »
Delighted for the lad.  Hope he gets better and better.  Is a very talented player and always great to see one of our ex players hit their potential.

No regrets though.  It simply wasn't meant to be here.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #124 on: November 8, 2016, 12:01:58 pm »
Delighted for the lad.  Hope he gets better and better.  Is a very talented player and always great to see one of our ex players hit their potential.

No regrets though.  It simply wasn't meant to be here.
id rather they hit the potential with us though but i agree with everything else.

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: November 8, 2016, 01:55:28 pm »
id rather they hit the potential with us though but i agree with everything else.

Me too but guess it was the wrong time, wrong place for him.

I personally thought he done very well for us in his cameos when Rodgers was in charge but never really kicked on for one reason or another.

The talent was always there though. 

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: November 8, 2016, 02:40:41 pm »
Me too but guess it was the wrong time, wrong place for him.

I personally thought he done very well for us in his cameos when Rodgers was in charge but never really kicked on for one reason or another.

The talent was always there though. 
yeah fully agree. there was a player in there but never really got momentum going, i remember his first or one of this first games against united i thought he was brilliant that day. (the game shelvey was sent off and had a go at taggart over it)

im not too pissed about him leaving right now, were doing well and the players in his position are on fire.

suso seems to be doing well too for what its worth

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #127 on: November 18, 2016, 07:45:26 pm »
I think Suso is one of those players who does better in a slower league. 

If he came back here, he'd perform a lot worse like numerous other Serie A imported stars like Pogba and Shevchenko
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: November 20, 2016, 08:30:07 pm »
just scored in the Milan derby!

what a goal too, he's abit like a left footed Coutinho lite isn't he.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: November 20, 2016, 08:30:34 pm »
just scored in the Milan derby!

No stopping him. Could have done with that yesterday.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: November 20, 2016, 09:08:33 pm »
Susooooooo! walking home tonight, i hope he'll be safe with all those Inter fans around.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: November 20, 2016, 09:14:02 pm »
I am glad he is doing well but i will be pissed if he becomes one of the best midfielders in the world. He is still only 23.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: November 20, 2016, 09:26:12 pm »
Scored twice. He's on fire

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: November 20, 2016, 09:48:17 pm »
Always had talent. Good to see he's starting to show it now. I think the slower pace in Italy helps him no end. He probably has the technique to do well in Spain as well. Ultimately, I think it's his lack of pace that really held him back at Liverpool.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: November 20, 2016, 09:59:06 pm »
I am glad he is doing well but i will be pissed if he becomes one of the best midfielders in the world. He is still only 23.

He's got all the talent to become a top player and always did.  Milan will sell him for silly money eventually, he's too good for Serie A.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: November 20, 2016, 10:00:58 pm »
he's too good for Serie A.

You do write some absolute shit and this is right up there!

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: November 20, 2016, 10:05:20 pm »
Milan was a good move for him. They've started to give young players a real chance. Donnarumma, De Sciglio, Locatelli, Niang and Suso are getting loads of opportunities.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: November 20, 2016, 10:10:49 pm »
Milan was a good move for him.
He has dumb luck to thank for this. The Milan he joined was an extremely bad move for his career.  Somehow the stars have aligned, Milan have undergone a facelift and are giving opportunities to a lot of young players now.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: November 20, 2016, 10:22:59 pm »
we don't really need him now but i'll never understand why we sold him when we did. Seemed to usually take his chance when he got in the team
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: November 20, 2016, 10:26:02 pm »
we don't really need him now but i'll never understand why we sold him when we did. Seemed to usually take his chance when he got in the team
We only sold him because he was off to Milan when his contract was up. We offered him a new deal and he didn't sign it.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: November 20, 2016, 10:31:43 pm »
We only sold him because he was off to Milan when his contract was up. We offered him a new deal and he didn't sign it.
ah.

I remember there being a big debate on here when he left. PoP saying it was the right decision but i wasn't so sure. Did well against M'boro i think it was in the cup and generally just seemed to fit in whenever he got a start. Given how lackluster we were in 14/15 it seemed like a really bad choice to let him go. That's hindsight for you i suppose. Doesn't really matter now though, it's worked out for both parties, though, it would be interesting to see how he'd perform with Klopp coaching him
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: November 20, 2016, 11:34:32 pm »
He's got all the talent to become a top player and always did.  Milan will sell him for silly money eventually, he's too good for Serie A.

He'll become a good player not a top player that we will regret selling. You do come out with a lot of crap.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #142 on: November 20, 2016, 11:35:49 pm »
Definitely been Milan's standout attacker this season. Montella taking over was exactly what he needed because he's exactly the type of player Vicenzo appreciates.

He's definitely not the one that got away because there were players standing in his way which were of a higher quality and of a similar age, he needed to go for his own sake. It's also stupid to say he's too good for Serie A given the talents that are currently playing in that league; not least in his own team what with Donnarumma, Romagnoli, Locatelli and Calabria around him.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: November 21, 2016, 02:54:26 am »
He'll become a good player not a top player that we will regret selling. You do come out with a lot of crap.

Personally I'm banking on him being a top player, although I was worried we'd held him back too long after he burst onto the scene well in the same season as Sterling.

I don't think we'll "regret" selling him, but I think we will probably wonder if we couldnt have got a better fee, which was poor business.

Rodgers just didn't seem to rate him though

Online istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
  • "We have dreams and songs to sing"
« Reply #144 on: November 21, 2016, 03:33:24 am »
Just like you thought Joao Carlos Teixeira was "too good" not to get in the LFC's team and that he should of taken Adam Lallana's place. ::)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 03:38:01 am by istvan kozma »

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #145 on: November 21, 2016, 04:17:37 am »
ah.

I remember there being a big debate on here when he left. PoP saying it was the right decision but i wasn't so sure. Did well against M'boro i think it was in the cup and generally just seemed to fit in whenever he got a start. Given how lackluster we were in 14/15 it seemed like a really bad choice to let him go. That's hindsight for you i suppose. Doesn't really matter now though, it's worked out for both parties, though, it would be interesting to see how he'd perform with Klopp coaching him

Agreed that it probably turned out okay for everyone. It was one of those situations where going forward, there was no guarantee he would get the chances he needs to develop his game here.

I don't agree that he's slow. He's a lot faster than say, Luis Alberto, and arguably a similar pace to Coutinho off the ball.

He was having an excellent first half of the season on loan in Almeria, getting something like 2 goals and 6 assists in that time. Then he seemed to have gotten tagged with having a bad attitude and never quite recovered.

Looking back, I'm fairly certain he would have got more game time under Klopp last season, probably in Teixeira's place. But he never struck me as a Klopp player. He always seemed like he had a lot of talent, but needed a bit more time on and off the ball - certainly than he would have gotten with the way we're playing now.

Good luck to him. My only real regret is that we hadn't yet commenced our policy of including buy-back/sell-on clauses with our transfers out.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: November 21, 2016, 04:23:57 am »

They really won't.

"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: November 21, 2016, 12:50:31 pm »

hahaha!

did you see vincent anichebe on saturday? we could have done with that

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: November 21, 2016, 02:08:18 pm »
Delighted to hear the lad get 2 goals for Milan. He did the right thing moving on for the sake of his own career. Would have been sad to see a talent like him rot in our reserves rather than blossoming on the pitch and getting goals in a Milan derby.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #149 on: November 21, 2016, 02:09:32 pm »
Happy for Suso, slower league that suits his style and he's playing for a top team there.  Expecting him to turn up at a decent Spanish team in the near future.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: November 21, 2016, 08:56:45 pm »
Personally I'm banking on him being a top player, although I was worried we'd held him back too long after he burst onto the scene well in the same season as Sterling.

I don't think we'll "regret" selling him, but I think we will probably wonder if we couldnt have got a better fee, which was poor business.

Rodgers just didn't seem to rate him though

We didn't sell him, we offered him a new contract which he decided not to accept, presumably because he made a decision that he was more likely to make it at another team than ours. I think he was right, though it does cross my mind that he could perhaps have stepped into the Lallana-shaped hole at Southampton.

All footballers who are just below the level of automatic first-team pick at a big club have Suso's dilemma - squad player at the big club, or attempt to be a first team player elsewhere. I can understand him wanting regular first team football and AC Milan is a pretty good club to represent, so good on him.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #151 on: November 21, 2016, 09:27:12 pm »

If we don't win the league it will all be because we couldn't keep hold of Suso.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: November 21, 2016, 10:12:18 pm »
They really won't.

Well, i don't know the definition of "crazy money" but i am sure they can at least get 30 million for him.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #153 on: November 22, 2016, 01:06:38 am »
If we don't win the league it will all be because we couldn't keep hold of Suso.
It's difficult to express my anger at the club for letting go of the next Kaka.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #154 on: November 22, 2016, 04:33:19 am »
hahaha!

did you see vincent anichebe on saturday? we could have done with that

I honestly don't think the fans would have accepted that, because he played for Everton. There is an undercurrent of animosity between the two sets of fans from what I can tell.

He seems to be entering his prime though.

Esk can tell us more since he's now on RAWK?
Tubby thinks PGMOL are awesome..

And tubby is always right

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #155 on: November 22, 2016, 04:36:36 am »
It's difficult to express my anger at the club for letting go of the next Kaka.

Good shout that, from LFCNR in 2012 on Jesus Joaquin Fernandez Saez de La Torre.
Tubby thinks PGMOL are awesome..

And tubby is always right

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #156 on: November 22, 2016, 07:42:56 am »
I don't remember Suso getting much of a look in after the 1st half of the 2012/13 season which was when we signed Coutinho, so you can't blame him for not sticking around.

Offline ZeusMetallica

• Kopite
« Reply #157 on: November 22, 2016, 07:53:00 am »
I'm glad to know he's doing well and very much on the up. There was always shades of Coutinho about him.

Too bad Rodgers purposefully never gave him a chance, probably not British enough for his liking.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: November 22, 2016, 10:00:04 am »
I'm glad to know he's doing well and very much on the up. There was always shades of Coutinho about him.

Too bad Rodgers purposefully never gave him a chance, probably not British enough for his liking.
he did give him his debut to be fair. once coutinho came in he really went down the pecking order

to be fair though he isnt at the level of coutinho (or sterling when he was here)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: November 22, 2016, 12:38:07 pm »
Excellent stuff. Hope he succeeds.