Author Topic: Dropbox  (Read 1893 times)

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
Dropbox
« on: November 15, 2014, 07:37:31 pm »
So I saved all my iPhone and iPad pics on Dropbox and deleted them from iPad/Phone but want to transfer them back to Photos on my iPad. Any ideas? I'm struggling to work it out.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Dropbox
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 07:49:45 pm »
when you connect them to your pc via cable does the photo directory not become visible in explorer on your pc?
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 07:53:25 pm »
Haven't tried that. I was wondering if there was a way of doing it without using a PC. I just use the iPad Dropbox app so not used a PC.

Cheers.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 08:16:20 pm »

Offline Owenjg77

• Main Stander
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 10:32:03 pm »
Anybody know how to add a date to photos on dropbox that are missing dates?

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 10:35:29 pm »
I deleted a photo by mistake but want to recover it now. I read you could do if you do it within 28 days.

Does anyone know how to do this? I'm struggling to find out.

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2014, 10:54:04 pm »
I deleted a photo by mistake but want to recover it now. I read you could do if you do it within 28 days.

Does anyone know how to do this? I'm struggling to find out.

Here you go.
"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2014, 10:57:28 pm »

Here you go.

I tried that, I'm new to Dropbox and found it hard to follow the instructions.

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2014, 11:00:03 pm »
I tried that, I'm new to Dropbox and found it hard to follow the instructions.

Ok just teasing will try and help.

Are you using the Dropbox app or website?
PC, Mac or other device?
"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Dropbox Help?
« Reply #9 on: March 1, 2017, 08:53:36 pm »
I use my dropbox public folder to share a lot of stuff, especially gifs and images to RAWK.

I've just found out that all dropbox folders will soon become private.  I can arrange view only access but I don't know if I can do it for an entire message board like this?

Does anybody else use dropbox here and know what's what?  Or can I use an easy method of file sharing like the cloud or one drive? 

This is really inconvenient for me as I could just dump stuff and forget about it, but now I have to make all these changes and I'm not very good at learning new stuff since EUPD scrambled my brains a few years ago...
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Dropbox Help?
« Reply #10 on: March 6, 2017, 03:51:34 pm »
I use my dropbox public folder to share a lot of stuff, especially gifs and images to RAWK.

I've just found out that all dropbox folders will soon become private.  I can arrange view only access but I don't know if I can do it for an entire message board like this?

Does anybody else use dropbox here and know what's what?  Or can I use an easy method of file sharing like the cloud or one drive? 

This is really inconvenient for me as I could just dump stuff and forget about it, but now I have to make all these changes and I'm not very good at learning new stuff since EUPD scrambled my brains a few years ago...

Both Google Drive and OneDrive can create or have public folders built in. It appears that after September, you will only be able to share Dropbox with specific people rather than just make entirely public so won't be suitable for your needs (unless you upgrade to Plus/Business).

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Dropbox Help?
« Reply #11 on: March 7, 2017, 12:56:02 pm »
Both Google Drive and OneDrive can create or have public folders built in. It appears that after September, you will only be able to share Dropbox with specific people rather than just make entirely public so won't be suitable for your needs (unless you upgrade to Plus/Business).

well f*ck giving them any of my money.  ;D

I will see about moving to One Drive.  I have a lot of gifs though, and all my old links will be dead.  :(  I need a place to keep my "Full Everton" meme though.  ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: March 7, 2017, 03:48:00 pm »
if it's mostly images, you could use imgur.