Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2605563 times)

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Spurs
« Reply #200 on: June 20, 2014, 07:12:34 pm »
The other day I heard Spurs won some kind of trophy recently.

"Surely that can't be right," I said to myself, "it's Tottenham we're talking about here."  So I set out to find a photo:

Oh.
Managers who have won fewer than three European Cups: Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, Saachi, Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Clough, Happel, Trapattoni, Cruyff, Michels, Lobanovsky, Capello, and many more.
Managers who have won three or more European Cups: Bob Paisley

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: July 10, 2014, 01:09:04 pm »
Hugo Lloris signs a new 5 year deal. This is why I'm all for random drug testing in football.

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: July 10, 2014, 03:51:48 pm »
Lol what happened to this thread? this is how irrelevant they have become.
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: July 10, 2014, 04:09:02 pm »
What kind of voodoo shit did they do to Lloris there...

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #204 on: July 10, 2014, 05:18:41 pm »
 Couple of Spurs supporters I know already crowing about how they're going to finish above us. The delusion is just incredible.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: July 10, 2014, 05:37:28 pm »
Noone really gives a fuck about Spuds, do they?

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: July 10, 2014, 05:45:32 pm »
Good to see Lamela back fit, happy & training again. Looking forward to see him play in England.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: July 10, 2014, 06:33:47 pm »
I am surprised spurs haven't bought anyone yet especially in midfield,do spurs right now have the midfielders to play the high tempo pressing game pochittino likes,i don't think eriksen can do it from what i have seen of him and not sure about paulinho.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #208 on: July 10, 2014, 07:42:58 pm »
Good to see Lamela back fit, happy & training again. Looking forward to see him play in England.

I think he'll do well under Pochittino.

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Derp Derp
« Reply #209 on: July 10, 2014, 07:59:10 pm »
I am surprised spurs haven't bought anyone yet especially in midfield,do spurs right now have the midfielders to play the high tempo pressing game pochittino likes,i don't think eriksen can do it from what i have seen of him and not sure about paulinho.

I think, in a way, its good for them if they hold off on making a large number of signings this summer. They signed a ton of attacking players last year that they've still not figured out how to fit in their system. Soldado, Chadli, Eriksen, Paulinho, Lamela, etc. Best thing Pochettino can do right now is to take stock of the available talent they have and try to maximize their potential, similar to what Rodgers did with Henderson, Downing, Cole etc in his first season. Then next year, he can start making his own imprint on that team.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: July 10, 2014, 08:31:38 pm »
I think, in a way, its good for them if they hold off on making a large number of signings this summer. They signed a ton of attacking players last year that they've still not figured out how to fit in their system. Soldado, Chadli, Eriksen, Paulinho, Lamela, etc. Best thing Pochettino can do right now is to take stock of the available talent they have and try to maximize their potential, similar to what Rodgers did with Henderson, Downing, Cole etc in his first season. Then next year, he can start making his own imprint on that team.
If that's so, then they will not be in the mix for top 4 at the end of the season,inconsistent 1st half of the season then gradual improvement from xmas onwards.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Derp Derp
« Reply #211 on: July 10, 2014, 08:39:08 pm »
If that's so, then they will not be in the mix for top 4 at the end of the season,inconsistent 1st half of the season then gradual improvement from xmas onwards.

It would be unfair to burden Pochettino with a goal of top four finish. Maybe next season yes. But he has a tough task trying to figure out what to do with all the square pegs that Baldini and Levy signed with the Bale money. I would expect something similar there to what Brendan's first season was with us. An inconsistent and patchy start to the season followed by a strong second half. Whether Levy has the patience to let it all play out and giving the manager time is a whole other debate. The c*nt always likes to hog all the limelight when it comes to Spurs.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: July 10, 2014, 08:49:16 pm »
I think he'll do well under Pochittino.

Same. The kid has everything.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #213 on: July 11, 2014, 01:30:26 am »
Does anyone here honestly think that "Poch" as they're calling him, won't get the sack if they don't finish 4th?

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #214 on: July 11, 2014, 02:16:10 am »
Does anyone here honestly think that "Poch" as they're calling him, won't get the sack if they don't finish 4th?

You never know with Levy. All it seemingly takes is a shellacking from us to seal the deal.
We are Liverpool!

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #215 on: July 11, 2014, 04:57:10 am »

I think Spurs like any other top team (with the money they have spent and been spending) would want to finish in the top 4 definitely. But, the thing here is, the Spurs management's main concern is the lack of stability in the squad. They are in a desperate need of a voice, an authority.

So, if Pochettino succeeds in translating it to the squad and gets them to play decent football with setting-up a realistic target in finishing in the top 6 and maybe achieving it, without getting drubbed in big matches , he will be able to keep his job in that there is no doubt.

With Spurs right now it's not so much about finishing fourth as much as it is about bringing in the stability and authority that has been lacking from last season and Levy might just be giving Pochettino more than just a shot at it. If he succeeds in holding on to his job until December.
"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #216 on: July 11, 2014, 05:02:14 am »
I think they'll be outside the top four, but he will get 18 months. He's the next AVB on the conveyor belt.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: July 11, 2014, 06:29:54 am »
They've got Sandro and Capoue who both deserve a mention as players very likely to fit in with an aggressive, high pressing system, as long as Sandro is over his injury issues. Then the likes of Bentaleb and Dembele as well.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #218 on: July 20, 2014, 01:38:46 pm »
According to some media stories Spurs have offered £15m + Sigurdsson for Davies and Vorm. If that is true its a terrible deal imo, given that Davies is valued at £10m and Vorm at around £6-7m. Its basically like giving away Sigurdsson for free  ::)

On the flip side, I doubt Sigurdsson would want to take a step back to Swansea anyhow. He'll definitely be regretting his decision to go to Spurs ahead of joining Rodgers. He could have been in Allen's position right about now, looking forward to the CL instead of awaiting being shipped out to Crystal Palace, Swansea, etc...  ;D

Offline GREGtheRED

• Kopite
« Reply #219 on: July 20, 2014, 01:42:19 pm »
According to some media stories Spurs have offered £15m + Sigurdsson for Davies and Vorm. If that is true its a terrible deal imo, given that Davies is valued at £10m and Vorm at around £6-7m. Its basically like giving away Sigurdsson for free  ::)

On the flip side, I doubt Sigurdsson would want to take a step back to Swansea anyhow. He'll definitely be regretting his decision to go to Spurs ahead of joining Rodgers. He could have been in Allen's position right about now, looking forward to the CL instead of awaiting being shipped out to Crystal Palace, Swansea, etc...  ;D

Would that suggest that Lloris is off also?

Vorm is far too good to be a number two, and having been a regular at Swansea won't want to be sat on the Spurs bench all season. Good news for the rest because he is levels below Hugo Lloris in just about every department.

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Derp Derp
« Reply #220 on: July 20, 2014, 01:58:48 pm »
Would that suggest that Lloris is off also?

Vorm is far too good to be a number two, and having been a regular at Swansea won't want to be sat on the Spurs bench all season. Good news for the rest because he is levels below Hugo Lloris in just about every department.

Lloris signed a new contract this summer with them. He's going nowhere. Vorm, if he moves there, will most definitely be a squad replacement for Friedel.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: July 20, 2014, 01:59:54 pm »
Lloris, Vorm and Friedel, don't really understand the need in all 3
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: July 20, 2014, 03:14:10 pm »
They want to sign Michael Vorm on loan and Klaas-Jan Huntelaar for £15m. Vorm is temporary, Klaas is permanent.  ;)

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: July 20, 2014, 03:31:13 pm »
They want to sign Michael Vorm on loan and Klaas-Jan Huntelaar for £15m. Vorm is temporary, Klaas is permanent.  ;)

v goood
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #224 on: July 20, 2014, 03:56:12 pm »
                                                                                                 Vorm is temporary, Klaas is permanent.  ;)

;D
"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #225 on: July 20, 2014, 11:53:02 pm »
Sigurdsson, Ha!
I still remember the interview he gave where he seemed so convinced that he'd join a team with more promise than Liverpool. I don't normally take any personally joy when players on other teams fail to deliver, but in the case of Sigurdsson, and Willian, it just seems, enjoyable. ;D

Incredible how things have changed in 12 months. Now it's them looking at us with green eyed envy. Having said that, I still think they have a good squad, and maybe with their new manager, they'll be playing much at a much higher level than what a lot of people think they'll manage.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #226 on: July 21, 2014, 02:17:05 am »
Sigurdsson, Ha!
I still remember the interview he gave where he seemed so convinced that he'd join a team with more promise than Liverpool. I don't normally take any personally joy when players on other teams fail to deliver, but in the case of Sigurdsson, and Willian, it just seems, enjoyable. ;D

Incredible how things have changed in 12 months. Now it's them looking at us with green eyed envy. Having said that, I still think they have a good squad, and maybe with their new manager, they'll be playing much at a much higher level than what a lot of people think they'll manage.

Agreed on Siggurdson. Brendan wasn't best pleased if I recall.
We are Liverpool!

Offline Caleb

• Main Stander
« Reply #227 on: July 21, 2014, 03:07:16 am »
Sigurdsson, Ha!

Lol, bitter much? Considering the way things were when he signed why shouldn't he have believed that? What reason would he really have had to join Liverpool over Spurs? Anything other than working with a manager he had been with previously? Spurs had finished higher and were offering more wages, so you're essentially laughing at him for not being able to predict the future? Obviously your club moved on and improved significantly anyway so why still be slightly peeved about it lol.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #228 on: July 21, 2014, 05:25:22 am »
It's RAWK, don't take rejections very well.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #229 on: July 21, 2014, 06:55:51 am »
;D Good one
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline filthy1980

• tax dodger
  • Kopite
  • conspiracy shite
« Reply #230 on: July 21, 2014, 08:19:34 am »

you're my new hero  :-*

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: July 21, 2014, 10:04:05 am »
They have been extremely quiet this summer,haven't they?

I think it's because of Pochettino's approach. I won't be surprised if Lamela and Soldado have very effective season under him.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: July 21, 2014, 10:16:13 am »
If they believe that the manager was the problem there isn't a need to bring in loads of new faces. For all their problems they still finished on 69 points. Surprised they don't seem to be linked with a striker though.

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!
« Reply #233 on: July 21, 2014, 10:40:06 am »
If they believe that the manager was the problem there isn't a need to bring in loads of new faces. For all their problems they still finished on 69 points. Surprised they don't seem to be linked with a striker though.

The talk is that they will move for Bony as Liverpool look set to bring in Remy instead of moving for him.

They have quite a big squad and after doing so much business last summer, that was (on the face of it) pretty disastrous, with arguably only Eriksen doing well, it was always going to be a fairly modest summer for Spurs. 
They will probably add a striker as they allowed Defoe to leave at Christmas so only have Adebayor and Soldado to call upon (with Harry Kane as a back-up) and Ben Davis will fill a problem at left-back as Danny Rose is simply not good enough, but the middle of the park and central defence is an area that still doesn't seem right to me.

Dembele, Paulinho and Sandro were all poor last season, and with Pochettinho likely to play a similar high-tempo, pressing game as he did at Southampton, I am not sure there is enough mobility in the centre of the  park to manage it.   Bentaleb might be able to do a job in there, but I can't see the powerful 3 above getting around the pitch and pressing the ball.  Likewise, I am not sure how much pressure Adebayor will want to put on the back four when he doesn't have possession of the ball...

Defensively, they will need to keep Vertonghen at the club and keep Chiriches fit as Dawson and Kaboul are an absolute liability. 

This is a make-or-break season for a few of the Spurs players.  Lamela, Soldado & Paulinho are big money signings that have not performed.  Spurs will give them next season to prove their worth, otherwise we are likely to see a bit more activity next summer.

Offline MacAttack

• Main Stander
« Reply #234 on: July 21, 2014, 11:09:18 am »
Lamela under an Argentinian influence to help him bed-in worries me.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: July 21, 2014, 11:16:28 am »
Not me.  I don't think he'll ever be a success in this country, sometimes it just doesn't happen, especially when you'd rather be elsewhere.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: July 21, 2014, 11:52:21 am »
Lol, bitter much? Considering the way things were when he signed why shouldn't he have believed that? What reason would he really have had to join Liverpool over Spurs? Anything other than working with a manager he had been with previously? Spurs had finished higher and were offering more wages, so you're essentially laughing at him for not being able to predict the future? Obviously your club moved on and improved significantly anyway so why still be slightly peeved about it lol.

He shouldn't have believed that because Spurs are Spurs and we're Liverpool.

I'm 30 and in my lifetime Spurs have won 4 trophies (All cups, and two of them league cups) and never finished above 3rd.

Spurs will be strong this year I think, decent manager and new signings had time to bed in but as a football club we're on a whole other level that Spurs will NEVER occupy. I'm sorry but any player who chooses Spurs over Liverpool is a complete dickhead motivated solely by dosh and the bright lights.

Know your place, Spurs.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #237 on: July 22, 2014, 03:25:09 am »
He shouldn't have believed that because Spurs are Spurs and we're Liverpool.

I'm 30 and in my lifetime Spurs have won 4 trophies (All cups, and two of them league cups) and never finished above 3rd.

Spurs will be strong this year I think, decent manager and new signings had time to bed in but as a football club we're on a whole other level that Spurs will NEVER occupy. I'm sorry but any player who chooses Spurs over Liverpool is a complete dickhead motivated solely by dosh and the bright lights.

Know your place, Spurs.
So we're now a club of tradition, history and condescension too. :P
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: July 22, 2014, 12:14:00 pm »
So we're now a club of tradition, history and condescension too. :P

I don't see any condescension I just see statements of fact.

Personally I don't give a fuck if a player chooses another team over us, I can even see their point when it's Arsenal or Chelsea or United (even City now with their $$$) but I think it's fair to say moving to Spurs over Liverpool is always going to be a mistake.

Liverpool are a prestigious club with very few peers in world football, Spurs aren't even the biggest club in their own city.

If you'd like to counter that argument with a cognisant retort I'm all ears.

Offline Po The Panda

• Keyboard Narcoleptic. Has Christiano Ronaldo as his profile picture. Stuck with this name. You could call it his legacy.....wants to pop a caps lock in yo ass.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Real Username: LEGACY
« Reply #239 on: July 22, 2014, 12:16:14 pm »
Meh  Lallana Countino Sterling and Sturridge arguably all better players then this overrated hispster god. Yet your worried about him having a decent season, so what   :rollseyes