Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2605360 times)

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
Re: Spurs
« Reply #120 on: May 28, 2014, 04:15:39 am »
Pochettino to target Adam Lallana after agreeing Spurs deal
what a surprise............not
Spurs targetting our... targets?!  :shocked
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #121 on: May 28, 2014, 05:53:29 am »
5 years contract for a job he'll last no longer than a year and half.  Not a bad pay day!
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Nut/ella

• do!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: May 28, 2014, 06:13:45 am »
I don't like that football club.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #123 on: May 28, 2014, 07:00:07 am »
Seen something on SSN saying he will need to hit the ground running due to the expectations over at Spurs

What fucking expectations?!!

Sherwood had it right in my opinion, they think they're a Champions League club when they've proved nothing of the sort yet

The remit will be a top 4 finish so what happens again when / if they don't achieve it? City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton and United also want a top 4 spot. 7 into 4 doesn't go and breaking it down even further...

City and Chelsea are two of the richest clubs in Europe, Arsenal have made the top 4 for the last 18 years or something ridiculous which leaves one spot and I think that might be sewn up earlier next season too

No pressure Pochettino!

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: May 28, 2014, 07:27:54 am »
Pochettino to target Adam Lallana after agreeing Spurs deal
what a surprise............not
To be fair, Rodgers immediately went after his old players too.

And Lallana will surely be tempted to play for him, considering how well he has played under him. The question is, does Lallana choose the comfort of his old manager or the lure of Champions League football?
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline wellred99

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #125 on: May 28, 2014, 07:44:41 am »
I think it could also come down to whether the club will accept our offer. I reckon spurs will probably add 4/5 mil on top of what we offered.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: May 28, 2014, 07:59:23 am »
Spurs fans will be relishing the fact that the last time they had an Argentine manager they finished 1 place behind Chelsea and 1 ahead of Man City.

Happy days are here again.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline timbucktoo

• Dreams of a threesome with Oprah Winfrey or Whoopie Goldberg
  • Kopite
« Reply #127 on: May 28, 2014, 08:03:23 am »
Spurs are like a floating fart  :wanker

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: May 28, 2014, 08:23:49 am »
I think it's a good appointment for them, but then again that's totally contingent on their expectations. If they're still overtaken by these illusions of grandeur that they're one of the big clubs then this will inevitably go south, most likely sooner rather than later. If they're willing to take it on the chin for a year or two and actually build something then I could see this having success.

Assuming he's married to the style of play he promoted at Southampton, he's going to need to completely rebuild their midfield. The problem with that is that they've already got a pretty bloated squad. Off the top of my head: Paulinho, Sandro, Bentaleb, Dembele, Eriksen, Holtby, Sigurdsson, Capoue, Livermore...just for the middle of the park. I'm not sure how many of those really fit his style of play, but I know for certain a couple of the more high profile names on that list don't. I think he's going to have to shift quite a few players out and we've learned the hard way how tedious that can be. They've already spent their big money and (seemingly) it didn't provide them with a single player their new manager will view as a foundational piece. That's a big problem. When we spent big and disastrously, we at least left Rodgers with a squad containing Luis Suarez. That minimized the work he had to do in reshaping our squad and he still had a hell of a lot of work to do. Pochettino has inherited an even tougher rebuild with fewer resources at his disposal. So for me it all comes down to their expectations. If they think this should be a quick turnaround because they've got a squad compiled with big money then they're just due for more of the same. I suspect that's where it's headed because I don't think Levy has a clue. If I'm wrong and they demonstrate a bit of self awareness then they'll be willing to play a longer game. I think they've got a good man in for that job. Not sure that's his remit, though.

I agree with this excellent analysis.

In many ways, I think we have created even bigger problems for clubs like Spurs. Our meteoric rise from 7th to title challengers means the fans of clubs like Spurs (and Manchester United, amazingly) have this belief now that anyone can do it. They don't understand the bedrock and hard work that our season was built on the year before, nor accept that Brendan is a once in a generation manager. They will self-combust when their expectations are not met immediately.

Levy will then do his usual mid-season execution to deflect the flak.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: May 28, 2014, 08:29:06 am »
Good appointment but they've gotta lower the expectations. Rodgers finished seventh with us in his first season, if he did that at spurs (they wanted him) he'd of got the boot.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #130 on: May 28, 2014, 08:33:03 am »
So Spurs after Lovren and Lallana already... shocker

Online kopite77

• Legacy Fan
  • In Jurgen we trust!
« Reply #131 on: May 28, 2014, 08:39:37 am »
So Spurs after Lovren and Lallana already... shocker
And in other news, it has been confirmed Bears do shit in the woods!  :o
HARRY HARRIS, MARK LAWRENSON, JOSE MOURIHNO,PETER KENYON, ROMAN ABRAMOVICH, ALAN HANSEN, YOU GUY'S TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING

AND Mr KENWRIGHT YOU CAN STICK YOUR FUCKING GROUNDSHARE UP YOUR ARSE!

Hicks and Gillett, Game Over, thanks for Fuck All Fuckfaces, Internet Terrorist and Proud!

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #132 on: May 28, 2014, 10:16:37 am »
Spurs are doing what Liverpool did for years, namely focusing too much on splurging on players to the detriment of everything else. They replaced 1 player on a big wage with 5 players on similar wages and failed to make the champions league. Now they are looking to spend even more on Lallana and Lovren, meaning they will have an enormous and expensive squad without even being in the CL. It means that their plans for new stadiums etc. will suffer, while Liverpool (already significantly richer) will be forging ahead with their stadium and earning even more improved commercial deals. Think that if Spurs aren't careful they are in danger of being left behind the top sides.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: May 28, 2014, 10:20:46 am »
If Lovren & Lallana want CL football, the choice should be obvious.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: May 28, 2014, 10:28:30 am »
Where exactly do Spurs get the money?  Small(ish) ground.  No Euro revenue, certainly no Champs Lge revenue.  Haven't sold anyone so bloated expensive squad, but now (apparently) going after 2 players that will cost best part of £50m at least.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: May 28, 2014, 10:30:35 am »
Spurs are doing what Liverpool did for years, namely focusing too much on splurging on players to the detriment of everything else. They replaced 1 player on a big wage with 5 players on similar wages and failed to make the champions league. Now they are looking to spend even more on Lallana and Lovren, meaning they will have an enormous and expensive squad without even being in the CL. It means that their plans for new stadiums etc. will suffer, while Liverpool (already significantly richer) will be forging ahead with their stadium and earning even more improved commercial deals. Think that if Spurs aren't careful they are in danger of being left behind the top sides.

They're not in danger of being 'left behind' the top sides, because they've never been one of them (in the modern, PL era, at least). They've threatened to push into that group, with two top four finishes (when others, not least us, have slipped up) and several 5th/6th places, but have never been serious title challengers. They get 69-72 points quite consistently in recent years. But they've shown no sign of pushing on from that - not least, of course, because Levy keeps sacking managers. There are 5 much bigger, much richer, much better run clubs than Spurs. Either they get lucky and find their own 'Rodgers' - and Levy doesn't sack him just as he's making progress - or they'll continue to fight Everton for the 'best of the rest' outside the top four or five.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: May 28, 2014, 10:32:50 am »
Where exactly do Spurs get the money?  Small(ish) ground.  No Euro revenue, certainly no Champs Lge revenue.  Haven't sold anyone so bloated expensive squad, but now (apparently) going after 2 players that will cost best part of £50m at least.

They're owned by the 308th richest person in the world, who would be the 9th richest person in the UK, if it wasn't for the fact that he's a tax evading parasite living in the Bahamas. He doesn't really 'invest' much though, Spurs funding most of their purchases with the occasional big sale (Berbatov, Modric, Bale).
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Sh0rty

• Kopite
« Reply #137 on: May 28, 2014, 11:13:11 am »
This is going to end in tears

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #138 on: May 28, 2014, 11:21:55 am »
But I think we can agree that Spurs have done well to become a club that consistently posts approx 70 points in a season?

I remember a few years back they were nowhere near that.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: May 28, 2014, 11:31:50 am »
This is going to end in tears
Not if you stop getting worked up about potential signings..;)
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: May 28, 2014, 11:47:48 am »
To be fair, Rodgers immediately went after his old players too.

And Lallana will surely be tempted to play for him, considering how well he has played under him. The question is, does Lallana choose the comfort of his old manager or the lure of Champions League football?

If it comes down to a straight choice between us and Spurs you'd be pretty mad to choose them at this moment in time, whether you've worked with the manager before or not.

Have no worries about us beating Spurs to a player if we actually want him.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #141 on: May 28, 2014, 11:51:14 am »
I honestly do not understand why so many on here underestimate him, other than a sense of denial.
And I don't know why so many on here are shitting themselves. The fucker can't even speak English.

The guy is dodgy as fuck anyway. It won't end well.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: May 28, 2014, 11:54:53 am »
If Lovren & Lallana want CL football, the choice should be obvious.

I wasn't 100% keen on Lallana and Lovren. But the thought of spurs pinching more of our targets.  :puke2

Lucky thing is. Southampton will hate spurs and they would reject them for us anyway.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: May 28, 2014, 12:09:49 pm »
But I think we can agree that Spurs have done well to become a club that consistently posts approx 70 points in a season?

I remember a few years back they were nowhere near that.

Oh absolutely. But this is where Levy/Lewis/the fans need to either be realistic, to throw money at breaking into the top four consistently, or - perhaps - giving a manager a bit longer to make an impact. There seems to be an attitude that the step from 70 points to 80+ points is easy and should be manageable within a year of a new manager, while selling your best player. Our success last season will probably only make that mistaken assumption worse.

Offline Old No7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: May 28, 2014, 12:10:27 pm »
I honestly do not understand why so many on here underestimate him, other than a sense of denial.

Spurs still managed to finish on 69 points last season despite all their failures.  When was the last time we finished on 69 points or higher prior to this season?

He will easily improve on that total, I would predict early to mid 70's at the very least (and will be happy for folk to quote that back at me).

Who knows what position that will result in though. It's scary to think a mid 70s points total could finish 6th these days.

Why the need to shit yourself? He could turn out to be a good appointment but there is very little evidence to support it. 1 full season in charge at Southampton with a very good squad (evidenced by the vultures circling for numerous players) & he finished 8th. A couple of ok seasons a Espanyol before getting fired when they were bottom, maybe there is something there but really his career so far doesn't give us any cause to panic

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #145 on: May 28, 2014, 12:18:25 pm »
The fucker can't even speak English.

:-X
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: May 28, 2014, 12:24:51 pm »
Why the need to shit yourself? He could turn out to be a good appointment but there is very little evidence to support it. 1 full season in charge at Southampton with a very good squad (evidenced by the vultures circling for numerous players) & he finished 8th. A couple of ok seasons a Espanyol before getting fired when they were bottom, maybe there is something there but really his career so far doesn't give us any cause to panic

Agree, it's more the style of football which broughth im plaudits at Southampton, something which will be hard to replicate in a world cup year when players are returning late to train.  It'll take him a while to instil that sort of work ethic and teamwork, especially because Spurs have so few leaders on the pitch and a squad which has notable players wanting to leave the club.  Vertonghen, Lloris, Capoue, Lamela and Paulinho have all courted interest.   The papers are reporting £30m available for him plus whatever he generates in player sales, so I could certainly see some of those players heading out.  Lloris could certainly be picked up by a top club, personally I'd prefer Vertonghen coming to Arsenal, but I can't see Levy being tempted by anything but a high bid from an oil club.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: May 28, 2014, 01:34:25 pm »
:-X
  ;D

Obviously I didn't mean it in that kind of context but the fact is he's got away with an interpreter at Southampton because nobody gives a shit. He won't be able to do that at Spurs. And we've seen how foreign managers on the whole are treated.

Offline pjshaun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: May 28, 2014, 01:47:02 pm »
"This is a club with tremendous history and prestige and I am honoured to have been given this opportunity," Pochettino told the club's website.

You sure you signed for Spurs lad?

;D

He accidentally read his Liverpool notes.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #149 on: May 28, 2014, 01:58:30 pm »
  ;D

Obviously I didn't mean it in that kind of context but the fact is he's got away with an interpreter at Southampton because nobody gives a shit. He won't be able to do that at Spurs. And we've seen how foreign managers on the whole are treated.

I read somewhere he can speak English and did so with the players, But he doesn't give interviews in English as stuff may be misinterpreted.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: May 28, 2014, 02:05:43 pm »
I read somewhere he can speak English and did so with the players, But he doesn't give interviews in English as stuff may be misinterpreted.
Maybe but given what's gone on at Southampton the last 18 months he's dodged a lot of bullets in press conferences and been able to duck issues by doing that. Those days are now over. He's going to be under massive scrutiny now and personally I don't think he'll like it.

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: May 28, 2014, 02:10:45 pm »
Fuck it. Lallana will be this years Sigurdsson.

Offline Gegenpresser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: May 28, 2014, 03:40:35 pm »
I see this as a missed opportunity for us. If we'd targeted Michu and Ashley Williams, they would have appointed Garry Monk. ;D

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #153 on: May 28, 2014, 03:49:23 pm »
Do not like.
Manchester United could win fifty titles, but they will always be the Rolling Stones of football. Good, just not quite that band from Liverpool.

You should literally be skinned for such a fucking daft answer :o

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: May 28, 2014, 04:05:40 pm »
Haha talkshite now asking if they are bigger than Southampton  ;D

Offline jameshay

• Kopite
« Reply #155 on: May 28, 2014, 04:14:08 pm »

He spoke English in his first press conference with Southampton and even cracked and Joke.

Just doesn't bother speaking out to the media,  and who could blame him.
poetry in motion

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: May 28, 2014, 04:34:06 pm »
Spurs after Liverpool's transfer targets again I see.  Do they even have a scouting system of their own, or do they just read the bleeding Echo!?

Hope they do a Leeds.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: May 28, 2014, 04:40:11 pm »

Correct, but I think we will start to hear him speak english from now on at Spurs.

Offline timbucktoo

• Dreams of a threesome with Oprah Winfrey or Whoopie Goldberg
  • Kopite
« Reply #158 on: May 28, 2014, 04:47:49 pm »
The turd that wont flush away

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #159 on: May 28, 2014, 04:52:00 pm »
Oh ffs.