Author Topic: Facebook  (Read 31226 times)

Offline Jamie_G

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Internet Terrorist
Re: The People You Meet On Facebook
« Reply #160 on: February 28, 2013, 03:25:51 pm »
I stopped using Facebook just before Christmas and to be honest it was one of my better decisions. I now have to make the effort to contact my friends and I am no longer bothered by the drivel of the rest. The only thing that surprises me is that so many people feel the same but still stick with it.

When something starts annoying you more than you enjoy it then its time for a change!

Bill Shankly to Ian St John - 'If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just pop it in the net and we'll discuss your options afterwards.'

Morpheus: Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #161 on: February 28, 2013, 03:39:56 pm »
'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #162 on: February 28, 2013, 04:10:59 pm »
In my opinion, Facebook is nothing more than a platform for self-concious people to try and make themselves look/feel important/popular.
Its one big attention seeking objective, these people long for others to comment or like their status updates. Why else would someone post "I'm so annoyed" or "Oh fook off". They know full well that people will ask them what the problem is. Its like a vicious circle of horseshit, "I'm fooking fuming", "Whats the matter huni?", "Will PM/text ya" - this is translated as 'Look at me, I need to be the centre of attention and need to talk about myself".

Rest assured, in the not too distant future, Facebook will bring mankind to its knees.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: February 28, 2013, 04:33:29 pm »
Never seen the appeal to it, never will. Hate it with an absolute passion. I've only ever heard how fucking ridiculous and downright retarded people are on it, far more so than the good side of it (is there even one?) which is no surprise, really. If Aliens ever visit us in a million or so years from now after we are long gone and dig up the Facebook archive, then it'll be no secret to how or why we actually all managed to just blow ourselves up and they'd probably think of it as a blessing too.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: February 28, 2013, 04:42:05 pm »
If you get annoyed with it , you should stop using it definitely. I don't understand why some people like to preach against it as though, especially the ones who act like they are better for not using it. I find it really good for keeping in touch with schoolmates who are away busy at University, and also I have the odd conversation with people I haven't seen in years. Used it to organize a holiday with a big group of friends, use it to set up games of footy every now and then. It's boss really.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: February 28, 2013, 05:22:29 pm »
If you get annoyed with it , you should stop using it definitely. I don't understand why some people like to preach against it as though, especially the ones who act like they are better for not using it. I find it really good for keeping in touch with schoolmates who are away busy at University, and also I have the odd conversation with people I haven't seen in years. Used it to organize a holiday with a big group of friends, use it to set up games of footy every now and then. It's boss really.
See, this is the sort of thing that people always say when they state their reasons for using it. I've never used it or signed up to Facebook. The thing is, though, surely if you want to keep in contact with a mate, a phone call is better than leaving a message that they may or may not see? If they are using their phones to use Facebook to contact you, then that's even more baffling. Surely the reasoning behind why people drift away and you haven't kept in contact is because you just really couldn't be arsed either way about it? It would be a good way of finding someone, yeah. But once they are found, I'd just ask their number or email and fuck it off. There's also the popular thing of people you don't even know that well or even liked to begin with contacting you on there as if you've been long lost best mates and wanting to add you to their buddy list to find out what you've been up to. Not for me.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #166 on: February 28, 2013, 10:32:10 pm »
facebook is boss

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #167 on: February 28, 2013, 10:38:59 pm »
The pictures going round that just say "Can you name a fish/car/chocolate/boring bastard without an "a" in it? I bet you can't. hahaha lolz rofl"

Cod
Ford
Twix
You

Now fuck off.
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Wouldn't say no to a spanking
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: February 28, 2013, 11:07:10 pm »
If you don't care what someone posts, why the fuck befriend them? You control whose posts you see, and if someone bores you, defriend them. Don't just sit on here whinging about it, because you don't have the bollocks to delete them from your Facebook.

It's all your own fault anyway. If you weren't such a boring bastard, you'd have more interesting friends.

Don't even have to delete them, you can just hide all their posts if they're a twat.
“I always think that there’s something unpleasant lurking in people who avoid drinking, gambling, table-talk and pretty women. People like that are either sick or secretly hate their fellow-men.”

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: February 28, 2013, 11:09:10 pm »
See, this is the sort of thing that people always say when they state their reasons for using it. I've never used it or signed up to Facebook. The thing is, though, surely if you want to keep in contact with a mate, a phone call is better than leaving a message that they may or may not see? If they are using their phones to use Facebook to contact you, then that's even more baffling. Surely the reasoning behind why people drift away and you haven't kept in contact is because you just really couldn't be arsed either way about it? It would be a good way of finding someone, yeah. But once they are found, I'd just ask their number or email and fuck it off. There's also the popular thing of people you don't even know that well or even liked to begin with contacting you on there as if you've been long lost best mates and wanting to add you to their buddy list to find out what you've been up to. Not for me.

I don't really see the difference between a text or email or Facebook to be honest. I'm a teenaged lad (going on 20!), I don't think I've ever rung up a mate just to ask 'how they are' - I'm not trying to be macho or anything by that, I'm just not really much of a phone conversation person, we're all in Uni and fairly busy with our lives anyway. I think phones are just as much of a nightmare to be honest in terms of people not getting back to you.

If I see a mate on Facebook, I know they are on it because they're bored, or they'll check the message and reply when they're bored. I mean yeah, most of the time if I'm on it, I'll have a few conversations with my friends, conversations of no real substance, but it's just nice being able to talk to them.

As to the 'people who've drifted out of your life'. Lad surely you know how it is, some people, you really like them as people, but they simply aren't in your circle of friends so you lose touch. It's nice being able to gab with them every once in a while instead of relying just happening to bump into them. In fact, I have organized going out with old friends I haven't seen in ages through Facebook, the type of thing you might do if you happened to bump into them - only you don't need to rely on that fine thing chance.

Each to their own I guess! I just don't see the point in anyone hating it with a passion. There's a lot more things worthy of that.

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Wouldn't say no to a spanking
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: February 28, 2013, 11:18:02 pm »
I hate the pseudo-activist culture it has created.

The Kony stuff last year being one of the best examples. But recently a lot of people on my Facebook have been posting this PETA video documenting the animal cruelty in Chinese fur farms. All coupled with some caption like "This has to stop!" "Sick bastards we have to do something about this" And then they think they've actually contributed in some way to a cause.

“I always think that there’s something unpleasant lurking in people who avoid drinking, gambling, table-talk and pretty women. People like that are either sick or secretly hate their fellow-men.”

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #171 on: March 1, 2013, 04:26:21 pm »
Randomly deactivated my account 8 months back after getting sick of people's statuses reading like fucking diaries.

Best decision I've made in a while, no exaggeration. Saves so much time, I don't get angry at idiots for their facebook personalities or incessant need for approval of their pretty dresses or their lavish holidays.

:)

God I sound like a bitter twat, but really its just not worth the time people.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #172 on: March 1, 2013, 04:30:38 pm »
Facebook is just ads, "liked" spam ads, and shitty games now.

Used to enjoy reading some people's updates, now it's just an ad fest.

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #173 on: March 1, 2013, 04:31:51 pm »
Im a facebook whore. Shit gets you laid.
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline Lucas21

• A Better Future
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Half of Everything is Luck
« Reply #174 on: March 1, 2013, 06:25:55 pm »
Multiple slags posting pictures of those topless lads from Home and Away. It's been going on over two years now. Fucking dogs in heat

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #175 on: March 1, 2013, 07:07:22 pm »
Catfish! Your internet lover is not a nubile young lady, she is a messed up housewife, has two handicapped step-children, has an extreme case of depression and an odd case of multiple personality disorder! When will you kids learn eh!?!

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #176 on: March 1, 2013, 07:29:32 pm »
Catfish! Your internet lover is not a nubile young lady, she is a messed up housewife, has two handicapped step-children, has an extreme case of depression and an odd case of multiple personality disorder! When will you kids learn eh!?!

;D

Just watched that the other day, brilliant film.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: March 1, 2013, 08:36:03 pm »
The pictures going round that just say "Can you name a fish/car/chocolate/boring bastard without an "a" in it? I bet you can't. hahaha lolz rofl"

Cod
Ford
Twix
You

Now fuck off.

These are really pissing me off. Go on, its harder than you think. No it fucking isnt, Ive got four or five answers in my head before ive read the whole question ffs.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #178 on: March 3, 2013, 10:33:54 am »
These are really pissing me off. Go on, its harder than you think. No it fucking isnt, Ive got four or five answers in my head before ive read the whole question ffs.

I'm the same. The one that keeps coming up on mine is "Name a country without an A in it. Go on, it's harder than you think." Immediately into my mind? Egypt and Mexico, and that's without even having to think about it!

Online quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #179 on: March 3, 2013, 05:03:48 pm »
I'm the same. The one that keeps coming up on mine is "Name a country without an A in it. Go on, it's harder than you think." Immediately into my mind? Egypt and Mexico, and that's without even having to think about it!

Luckily I've not seen these on mine. Not a difficult question though is it?! Belgium, Chile, Peru, Sweden all came to mind in about 30 seconds.

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: March 3, 2013, 06:03:04 pm »
All this talk about the people you have added, I would say the ones who annoy the shit out of me most are those people who comment on updates who are friends of friends.

I have to stop myself having a go or saying something towards them, usually just add some sarcastic remark and let them ponder on it.

Offline theredguy03

• Put balls in his mouth and nearly choked
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho- Used to be Man City's tormentor
« Reply #181 on: March 3, 2013, 06:08:46 pm »

Cod
Ford
Twix
You

Now fuck off.
For a laugh purposely add a word beginning with 'a' and tell the poster to get a life.  :wave
My favourite all time LFC player? Tough choice.

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: March 3, 2013, 10:27:05 pm »
People that purposefully dangle things out there to garner responses yet try to do it with an air of 'oh what? THAT! Right of course' Don't play the idiot, you just wrote a fucking status about it knowing full well people would be queueing up to find out what it's about.
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #183 on: March 4, 2013, 02:16:55 am »
Social networking sites are slowly turning lots of people into narcissists. Even myself at times as much as I hate it.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: March 4, 2013, 10:00:10 am »
Facebook is just ads, "liked" spam ads, and shitty games now.

Used to enjoy reading some people's updates, now it's just an ad fest.
This.

Everytime I go on Facebook it's nothing but suggested apps, adverts and spam. Hardly anyone puts up a status anymore, my TL is just full of pictures that random people have liked or commented on. Usually those shitty ones like "Like for Messi. Comment for Lee Bowyer."

Even Twitter's getting boring now, same old shit everyday. "RT if you're breathing right now."

Offline theredguy03

• Put balls in his mouth and nearly choked
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho- Used to be Man City's tormentor
« Reply #185 on: March 4, 2013, 02:06:57 pm »
This.

Everytime I go on Facebook it's nothing but suggested apps, adverts and spam. Hardly anyone puts up a status anymore, my TL is just full of pictures that random people have liked or commented on. Usually those shitty ones like "Like for Messi. Comment for Lee Bowyer."

Even Twitter's getting boring now, same old shit everyday. "RT if you're breathing right now."
I've seen people on Facebook do 'Like this status and I will describe you in one word'.

What gullible simpleton would actually go along with this?
My favourite all time LFC player? Tough choice.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: March 4, 2013, 02:55:50 pm »
Just had someone post this:

JD's father has 5 children.

1)Jim
2)Jack
3)James
4)John

IF YOU ARE BRILLIANT YOU WILL KNOW THE FIFTH CHILD!!!
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: March 4, 2013, 03:07:01 pm »
Just had someone post this:

JD's father has 5 children.

1)Jim
2)Jack
3)James
4)John

IF YOU ARE BRILLIANT YOU WILL KNOW THE FIFTH CHILD!!!

That doesn't even make sense, isn't Jd's name John?
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #188 on: March 4, 2013, 03:11:23 pm »
I don't get why so many people are moaning? If you don't like it or don't like anyone on your friends list then delete it or them.

It really is that simple.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline Lucas21

• A Better Future
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: March 4, 2013, 03:31:48 pm »
Wasn't the whole point of this thread to have a good moan/bitch about the people who annoy you on Facebook?

Offline AriGold

• Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #190 on: March 4, 2013, 03:45:26 pm »
Wasn't the whole point of this thread to have a good moan/bitch about the people who annoy you on Facebook?
True, but that's kind of what I'm getting at. It's like people are being forced to read other peoples drivel.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: March 4, 2013, 03:47:27 pm »
True, but that's kind of what I'm getting at. It's like people are being forced to read other peoples drivel.
Sometimes you just can't delete these people, especially if it's family or close friends. Who btw tend to be the most annoying

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #192 on: March 4, 2013, 03:54:55 pm »
Facebook is about 80% spam.

Like this - share that,   blah, blah, blah.

It is useful though for keeping in touch with friends and family on the other side of the world etc. when you cross paths like ships in the night, and don't have time to skype, as your on different time zones etc.

Offline Lucas21

• A Better Future
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: March 4, 2013, 04:00:52 pm »

Wasn't directed at you, moreso the last 2 pages of "Delete, delete, delete....simple" I hide a lot of posts but there are instances where you just can't delete them or un-friend someone

Sometimes you just can't delete these people, especially if it's family or close friends. Who btw tend to be the most annoying

Offline Lucas21

• A Better Future
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: March 4, 2013, 04:08:19 pm »
On another note

I have 500 iPads to give away, simply SHARE this status and COMMENT which colour BLACK or WHITE for your chance to win 500 iPads

or a dream wedding

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: March 4, 2013, 04:28:15 pm »
facebook is what you make of it, if you add loads of boring, moronic dickheads then your timeline is going to be full of boring, moronic idiots (pretty much the same as twitter).

The way I see it is either delete people or do that thing where you hide someone from your timeline.

Whinging about people on facebook is almost as moronic as liking a picture of bill gates or any of the acts that you are moaning about. Just delete/hide them and carry on with your lives.

Or delete your facebook?

Offline Lucas21

• A Better Future
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: March 4, 2013, 05:53:33 pm »
Not always as easy as that though is it?

Take that 4 pictures 1 word game was played by well over 50 friends on my timeline. Do you delete everyone that ever dare play a game on Facebook? That's as sad as playing the game really?

That game, as annoying as it is, is just the latest trend, it will be gone in a few months, but by the experts logic on here, you're down 50+ friends because they asked for help on a game. That's close friends, friends from school and university, relations, old friends in new places that you haven't seen in a long time deleted because they played a game.

Complaining about Facebook is sad enough but complaining about those complaining about Facebook is worse

Online Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: March 4, 2013, 09:47:01 pm »
Quick question, my soon to be 11 year old daughters friends are all on Facebook and keep asking her to join saying that they just talk between themselves in a little group and that no-one else can look into what their talking about. My other idea is to join myself without anyone I know realising I've joined as I can't be arsed with all that shit
So just want to know if anyone knows if this is possible

Offline AriGold

• Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #198 on: March 4, 2013, 10:11:17 pm »
Quick question, my soon to be 11 year old daughters friends are all on Facebook and keep asking her to join saying that they just talk between themselves in a little group and that no-one else can look into what their talking about. My other idea is to join myself without anyone I know realising I've joined as I can't be arsed with all that shit
So just want to know if anyone knows if this is possible
The group is right. Me and my mates have one, initially it was to talk about fantasy football but it's just turned into a general group for us to rip eachother, organise piss ups etc. Completely secret, only those in the group can see and no one can search for it, someone in the group needs to send the link. You'd have to make sure it's a closed group though. To your other question, yes if you just join under an alias? But what's the point in joining if you're not going to add anyone you know? ;D
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Online Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Re: The People You Meet On Facebook
« Reply #199 on: March 4, 2013, 10:41:58 pm »
The group is right. Me and my mates have one, initially it was to talk about fantasy football but it's just turned into a general group for us to rip eachother, organise piss ups etc. Completely secret, only those in the group can see and no one can search for it, someone in the group needs to send the link. You'd have to make sure it's a closed group though. To your other question, yes if you just join under an alias? But what's the point in joining if you're not going to add anyone you know? ;D
as she gets older then obviously she will be on the site proper so need to be on FB myself to spy on what's being said ,sneaky I know but has to be done mate ;)
Cheers for the info