Author Topic: Fernando Torres  (Read 587055 times)

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
Re: Fernando Torres
« Reply #200 on: September 12, 2011, 05:51:02 pm »
I dont know who his source is, care to tell?  :-[
*looks at avatar*

The ironing is delicious.

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #201 on: September 12, 2011, 05:51:59 pm »
I dont know who his source is, care to tell?  :-[
Xabi i think.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: September 12, 2011, 05:52:11 pm »
Makes me happy the c*nt is failing for the way he went about things. No sympathy, you made yer bed "Nando" now lie in it. Grass isnt always greener is it?

To be fair, the grass looks greener at Stamford Bridge because blue is closer to green on the colour wheel.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #203 on: September 12, 2011, 05:52:38 pm »
Even if he came back, I dont think the likes of Carra and Stevie will be to happy about it.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #204 on: September 12, 2011, 05:53:04 pm »

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
« Reply #205 on: September 12, 2011, 05:53:37 pm »
To be fair, the grass looks greener at Stamford Bridge because blue is closer to green on the colour wheel.

Indeed it is my friend, indeed it is.

I dont miss Torres at all, always thought hed do what he did so never let myself worship him the way some did. Think we got a better player in Suarez as well, a very good player who is on the verge of becoming a fucking amazing player!
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: September 12, 2011, 05:53:41 pm »
Even if he came back, I dont think the likes of Carra and Stevie will be to happy about it.

Gerrard and Torres are like sisters
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #207 on: September 12, 2011, 05:54:40 pm »
Has he fallen out with Stevie too? The comments made by him afterwards made me think it wasn't the case. Carra is a different story though.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #208 on: September 12, 2011, 05:56:13 pm »
Gerrard and Torres are like sisters

Love, hate?

I just get the feeling him and Carra really dont get along, they are such opposites and with the way he left Liverpool, I cant imagine that set well with Carra.

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: September 12, 2011, 05:58:06 pm »
You'd be surprised how many players don't like each other, it's normal. Carra hasn't got that long left so he's in no position to dictate who comes in. Not going to happen but Suarez and Torres up front would be dreamy

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #210 on: September 12, 2011, 05:59:05 pm »
You'd be surprised how many players don't like each other, it's normal. Carra hasn't got that long left so he's in no position to dictate who comes in. Not going to happen but Suarez and Torres up front would be dreamy

Are you saying there are players that dont like each other at Liverpool at the moment? We seem pretty close knit.

Offline Third Account

• Main Stander
« Reply #211 on: September 12, 2011, 06:00:10 pm »
How many games have you seen him play for us to come to that conclusion?

How many games does he have to start for crisitism to start becoming viewed as reasonable?

The bedding in period shouldn't be an issue when you purposely buy an English player.

Offline Hannibal

• Kopite
« Reply #212 on: September 12, 2011, 06:00:48 pm »
Just pissed off that we never got to see a front 3 of Torres, Suarez and Gerrard.  Seriously, fuck you Torres that front 3 would have been amazing.

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #213 on: September 12, 2011, 06:00:58 pm »
Love, hate?

I just get the feeling him and Carra really dont get along, they are such opposites and with the way he left Liverpool, I cant imagine that set well with Carra.
I think Carra's top 5 favourite transfers with Torres to Chelsea being number 1 says a lot there.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: September 12, 2011, 06:01:37 pm »
No need to mention my source or players names but he wasn't happy, thought the grass was green with the plastic c*nts, realised it's not but at least he got a nice (huge) pay rise out of it. He will be back in Spain this time next year unless something dramatic changes.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #215 on: September 12, 2011, 06:02:23 pm »
A move to Chelsea would always be difficult for him. It's a very closed, clique-based environment that is dominated by the Anglo-Gallic trio of Drogba, Terry, Lampard. He doesn't fit Chelsea's system in the same way he's struggled at times internationally with Spain. He struggles to play alongside another forward and losing that extra bit of acceleration has further hampered his career. I also feel he is the type of player who needs to feel that he is appreciated to properly perform and he is never going to get that type of adoration at Stamford Bridge. I can see him being back at Atletico next season for a cut-price undisclosed fee. I wouldn't be surprised if his most recent comments, which were on his own personal website, are the first step in him trying to publicly angle for a move away.

Offline Breitner

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: September 12, 2011, 06:02:38 pm »
Are you saying there are players that dont like each other at Liverpool at the moment? We seem pretty close knit.

Looks that way, though there's a lot of PR. When that many egos and personalities live in each others pockets there's bound to be a bit of tension between one or two. As long as they respect each other as players it can work wonders. The best managers channel that energy and dynamic onto the pitch

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: September 12, 2011, 06:02:56 pm »
That Rafa was such a shit man-manager, wasn't he, anyone else would have had Torres scoring for fun.

but he was no? ;)
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #218 on: September 12, 2011, 06:03:04 pm »
No need to mention my source or players names but he wasn't happy, thought the grass was green with the plastic c*nts, realised it's not but at least he got a nice (huge) pay rise out of it. He will be back in Spain this time next year unless something dramatic changes.

Fair enough, thank for passing on the info. Bet he would turn back the clock in a heartbeat.

Offline lfc_fan2005

• Legacy Fan
  • La Liga enthusiast
« Reply #219 on: September 12, 2011, 06:03:16 pm »
Chelsea and Spain dominate games, unlike we did (mainly) when Torres was at his best form. Defences drop a lot deeper against Chelsea and there is simply no space for him to run into. Also their wide players are a big feature of their game, which doesn't suit Torres.

In a counter attacking team, at the top of a 4-3-2-1, he will score bags of goals, even now, considering he gets decent enough service. As many others have said, he was a phenomenon, the best striker in the world for a season, he could still score 20 goals a season.

Obviously it's not as simple as I've put it, but it seems only Rafa has found the very best way to utilise him. At Atleti, the whole team was based around him so he was always going to score goals, but he could've got many more than he did, whereas Spain are too good to need to build around him. Interesting to see where he goes from here...

Offline Breitner

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: September 12, 2011, 06:04:46 pm »
A move to Chelsea would always be difficult for him. It's a very closed, clique-based environment that is dominated by the Anglo-Gallic trio of Drogba, Terry, Lampard.

And he had the audacity to say it was more friendly and professional there. To be fair he was coming out with all sorts of hateful stuff at the time, trying to convince himself he made the right decision

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: September 12, 2011, 06:07:06 pm »
For what it's worth i think most people are going overboard here.this is  not the end of torres.

he'll sort his head out,score a few and get his confidence back.he has at least two good years left in him.
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #222 on: September 12, 2011, 06:09:13 pm »
What happened to Torres? Rafa Benitez..that's what.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: September 12, 2011, 06:09:57 pm »
Although I enjoy watching him fail for Chelsea, and although I'd rather not give him more credit than his lack of effort for most of his last 18 months deserves, I'd just like to remind people of Wolves away, which was one of the best games he'd ever played. He might have been playing for the shop window, but he was technically and tactically exceptional in that game, and he would have been a credit to any team in the world if he could put that in consistently.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: September 12, 2011, 06:10:30 pm »
Do atleti really need another striker after spending a fortune on falcao and then adrian. Unless it's peanuts can't see why they would want him unless it was a vanity thing about bringing there beloved kid home.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #225 on: September 12, 2011, 06:11:15 pm »
Chelsea and Spain dominate games, unlike we did (mainly) when Torres was at his best form. Defences drop a lot deeper against Chelsea and there is simply no space for him to run into. Also their wide players are a big feature of their game, which doesn't suit Torres.

In a counter attacking team, at the top of a 4-3-2-1, he will score bags of goals, even now, considering he gets decent enough service. As many others have said, he was a phenomenon, the best striker in the world for a season, he could still score 20 goals a season.

Obviously it's not as simple as I've put it, but it seems only Rafa has found the very best way to utilise him. At Atleti, the whole team was based around him so he was always going to score goals, but he could've got many more than he did, whereas Spain are too good to need to build around him. Interesting to see where he goes from here...

We'd dominate every team but Arsenal and Man Utd pretty much between 2006 and 2010. We'd often struggle to turn it into wins, but we still dominated. Matches against Chelsea were half and half, one match we'd dominate, the next they would

Offline arnaldo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: September 12, 2011, 06:11:16 pm »
Anyone who disrespects our club, players and supporters the way he did deserves to suffer the way he is, and long may it continue. great player for us in his day, but there are ways of going about things...and he went about it totally the wrong way in the end
BETFAIR REF CODE NTRDKLEHG FREE £20 BET

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: September 12, 2011, 06:15:03 pm »
Anyone who disrespects our club, players and supporters the way he did deserves to suffer the way he is, and long may it continue. great player for us in his day, but there are ways of going about things...and he went about it totally the wrong way in the end
I do wonder, who was the last great player that left amicably? You know, not someone we wanted to sell but someone who wanted to leave. Just curious.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #228 on: September 12, 2011, 06:16:39 pm »
I do wonder, who was the last great player that left amicably? You know, not someone we wanted to sell but someone who wanted to leave. Just curious.

Xabi Alonso. And to a lesser extent, Javier Masherano?

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: September 12, 2011, 06:18:21 pm »
Xabi Alonso. And to a lesser extent, Javier Masherano?
Really? That's what you call 'amicably'?  :o

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #230 on: September 12, 2011, 06:18:28 pm »
Luis Garcia?

Offline Breitner

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: September 12, 2011, 06:18:37 pm »

Nabil El Zhar left with the minimum of fuss

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: September 12, 2011, 06:19:34 pm »
Its never amicable for most folks because you never think great players should leave your club. In recent years, Alonso is probably the closest.

The Torres thing is strange but when you look at his career, it is understandable. His scoring record at Atlético and Spain were/are not elite...the only place where his scoring has been elite was with us. So, maybe his time with us was the abberation and his time with Chelsea ( albeit extreme ), is what he actually is in terms of goalscoring production.

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: September 12, 2011, 06:19:44 pm »
Luis Garcia?
I thought he was made part of the Torres deal? But yeah, the way he left was classy.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #234 on: September 12, 2011, 06:20:28 pm »
Really? That's what you call 'amicably'?  :o

I dont think there was to much ill feeling in the Alonso transfer, it was time for him to go home and raise his baby in his home country. We got a good sum of money and he got to join a great club. He gave an interview with LFCTV a few months ago, so clearly there are good relations there still, could you see Owen or Torres giving an interview.

Offline lfc_fan2005

• Legacy Fan
  • La Liga enthusiast
« Reply #235 on: September 12, 2011, 06:22:35 pm »
We'd dominate every team but Arsenal and Man Utd pretty much between 2006 and 2010. We'd often struggle to turn it into wins, but we still dominated. Matches against Chelsea were half and half, one match we'd dominate, the next they would

Maybe dominate isn't the right word, but defences seem to drop a lot deeper against Chelsea than against us when Rafa was in charge. At Anfield there was basically always space in behind for him to run in behind, which is reflected by his goal record in home games. At Chelsea, it just doesn't happen, and I don't think that could possibly be down to him.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 06:26:13 pm by lfc_fan2005 »

Offline Breitner

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: September 12, 2011, 06:24:22 pm »
Its never amicable for most folks because you never think great players should leave your club. In recent years, Alonso is probably the closest.

The Torres thing is strange but when you look at his career, it is understandable. His scoring record at Atlético and Spain were/are not elite...the only place where his scoring has been elite was with us. So, maybe his time with us was the abberation and his time with Chelsea ( albeit extreme ), is what he actually is in terms of goalscoring production.

I remember watching him for Madrid and thinking he looked a bit clumsy in a more technical league. English footie probably suits him a lot more and Benitez certainly knew how to light a fire under him. I think his first instruction was stay as close to the goal and then score as many goals as possible, simple but effective

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: September 12, 2011, 06:24:29 pm »
I dont think there was to much ill feeling in the Alonso transfer, it was time for him to go home and raise his baby in his home country. We got a good sum of money and he got to join a great club. He gave an interview with LFCTV a few months ago, so clearly there are good relations there still, could you see Owen or Torres giving an interview.
I don't know. Maybe there was no ill feeling like Owen and Torres. But he did put in a transfer request. The fans were very upset, some even blamed Rafa for his leaving and that resentment never truly went away. It put in doubts in fans mind about the management and the direction which the club was going.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #238 on: September 12, 2011, 06:25:07 pm »
Mascherano was desperate and had been promised that he'd be allowed to leave after he'd given us an extra season of great service, one of the few to come out of 09/10 with any credit. Plus he was being managed by Roy Hodgson, and was being prevented from moving to one of the best teams of all time. At the time I was furious, but looking back you can see why he didn't play against Man City

Offline Mali1

• No chance. Not all. Never. Hope died long ago, left dangling pitifully and listlessly from my tree of despondency and despair. Oh yes.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #239 on: September 12, 2011, 06:26:33 pm »

Or may be we could look at how Suarez left Ajax.