Author Topic: Paintings You Like  (Read 49638 times)

Offline Visigoth33

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Paintings You Like
« Reply #120 on: January 21, 2011, 01:02:05 pm »
I've always been fond of the Pre-raphaelites - here's Millais' 'Ophelia'

Beautiful pic.love Hamlet.

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #121 on: January 21, 2011, 01:29:47 pm »
Great thread. Stole corkboys idea of having one of the paintings in here as my avatar. Don't know who painted it but I like it.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #122 on: January 21, 2011, 02:33:14 pm »
great avatar cochise, I love that painting. 

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #123 on: January 21, 2011, 02:46:26 pm »
great avatar cochise, I love that painting. 

Ta, any idea who its by?
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2011, 08:14:11 pm »
Edward Hopper
Night Windows

Hopper is cool. He paints people a lot but they're sort of distant, like you never really know what they're about. He paints a lot of women, too, sometimes in various stages of undress but I don't think you could call any of his pictures erotic. Oh, and he does light very well too, like in this next one.

Pennsylvania Coal Town

What does the man see, I wonder? Whatever it is, it's made much more interesting by the light.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 08:16:53 pm by corkboy »

Offline Raoul Duke

• Is Boris Johnson.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2011, 08:54:28 pm »
I like Ed Ruscha very much. He's associated with the Pop Art movement, though I think the work he produces is a lot stronger, more subtle and more emotive than the likes of Warhol. I saw his work at the Southbank Centre in London, on the day we lost away at Fulham last season. I bought his book Fifty Years of Painting, which is beautiful. Many of his paintings up close are fantastic.

I would have liked to have shown my favourite piece, Stupid Idiot 1997, but I can't find an image for it on the internet.

The Old Tech-Chem Building 2003

Sin - Without 1991

Not A Bad World, Is It? 1984
Fool, if it wasn't for Sergei here, both you and your cousin be cadaverous mo'fuckers.

Offline Skuzzlebutt

• Legacy Fan
  • Hulk share opinion!!
« Reply #126 on: March 15, 2011, 01:39:51 pm »
Here's some Modern stuff by Harland Miller:

We're gonna win the league-omiter

[00.........................................................]

V5. 2013 edition.  Optimism levels rusted solid.  We're givin' her all she's got Captain!!!

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #127 on: March 15, 2011, 06:18:24 pm »
Coming from an art background (many years ago), I like many different and varied paintings, for very different reasons.

I always liked some of the more simplistic yet bolder designs, such as murals, poster and advertising art, woodcuts etc.

This particular painting, I've always loved, for it's quite simplistic bold usage of only a hand full of colours.

The Great Wave off Kanagawa, by Hokusai Katsushika, was originally designed/printed in the 1820s, as a woodcut in a series or 36. (36 views of Mount Fuji).

It's one of THE most recognisable and iconic images of japan, and it seems, sadly, that this week more than ever, it would seem so apt.

On a side note, I've always told myself that, if I was ever in a financial position to own a large living space, or loft space apartment etc, that I would reproduce this image on a grand scale.  Can you imagine looking down a large room, and having this image 20 foot by 30 foot covering one entire wall at the far end.

It would look awesome.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #128 on: March 17, 2011, 08:40:33 am »
The Blue Rigi by JMW Turner.

It's currently on display in the Watercolour exhibition at Tate Britain. Well worth a visit (shameless plug as I designed the exhibition) with a range of watercolour paintings from medieval manuscripts to Tracy Emin and beyond.

http://www.tate.org.uk/britain/exhibitions/watercolour/default.shtm?gclid=COi1sY-a1acCFUdP4QodFngV-A
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 08:42:18 am by Alan_F »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Owenjg77

• Main Stander
« Reply #129 on: March 17, 2011, 09:36:49 am »
I have this on my living room wall, 100 years of Cinema - Renato Casaro

« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 09:37:26 am by Alan_F »

Offline sparkiemark73

• Legacy Fan
  • Hairway to Steven
« Reply #130 on: March 17, 2011, 10:00:57 am »
I don't know why, but this has a sort of haunting eloquence

"Here's Dalglish...........Oh and a goal!!"
PSN - sparkness08

Offline loveisreal

• manloveisrealtoo. Takin' Bascombe to taskombe.
  • Kopite
« Reply #131 on: April 19, 2011, 11:54:36 pm »

Offline Chaztastic

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: April 20, 2011, 09:03:32 am »
Great thread.

Bruegel's "El Triunfo de la Muerte" which I sought out in the Museo del Prado after the reference to it in Don Delillo's Underworld is a bit of a heartstopper.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #133 on: April 20, 2011, 02:00:17 pm »
Great thread.

Bruegel's "El Triunfo de la Muerte" which I sought out in the Museo del Prado after the reference to it in Don Delillo's Underworld is a bit of a heartstopper.

There's another Bruegel on page one of this thread, here.

Anyway, just for a slight topical diversion....

Piece Of Art For Sale On Coffeehouse Wall Has Had It Up To Here With The Wiseass Remarks

April 16, 2011 | ISSUE 47•15

The painting claims to be at its "wit's end" with all the cruel and sarcastic jabs from patrons.

MADISON, WI—A painting hanging on the wall of Mother Fool's coffee shop in Madison announced Tuesday that it was growing "pretty frigging tired" of the unending stream of smart aleck jokes and insults hurled its way.

The artwork, an unframed 18-by-24-inch portrait of a woman's face painted in red and black acrylics and titled Isabel By Herself, told reporters that after four months of brutally sarcastic remarks from store patrons regarding its composition, color scheme, and sense of perspective, it had reached its limit.

"Look, I know I'm not some sort of brilliant masterpiece, but enough's enough with the wisecracks already," said the picture, which was painted by 24-year-old pharmacist's assistant and amateur artist Caitlin Slovin. "A few jokes here and there is one thing, but after a while, you know, it starts to hurt. I can't help the way I look, and yet people come in here and insist on smugly pointing out my every little flaw. Why don't they just lay off?"

"It's not like I'm that bad," the painting added. "What, do these people think they're in the Metropolitan Museum of Art or something? It's a fucking coffee shop."

Isabel By Herself, which sells for $150 and is currently hanging next to an untitled black-and-white photograph of an old Guatemalan man, has reportedly been called "a piece of shit" by no fewer than 40 customers since it was first placed on the wall in December, and has on dozens of occasions been mocked as "the most clichéd thing ever" and for appearing as though "a retarded eighth-grader made it."

The painting also stated that at least once a week, a patron points at it, laughs, and loudly exclaims to a friend, "A hundred fifty dollars? What, are they fucking nuts?"

"Sometimes I'll even get excited when I hear somebody say something like, 'Check out this classic,' but then I realize they're being sarcastic," the painting said. "I just want to say back to them, 'Hey, you think you can do better? I'd like to see you actually put yourself out there for once and subject yourself to criticism so you can see what it's like, you insensitive prick.'"

While many customers pass through the coffeehouse without even noticing the art on its walls—an occurrence the painting called "still hurtful, but not nearly as bad"—a vocal minority goes out of its way to criticize Isabel By Herself exclusively, with even the baristas making sport of the painting within earshot.

"I've come to expect it from the customers, but the staff?" said the painting, which is situated near the restroom, thereby doubling the amount of attention and exposure it receives. "That's pretty low. I get it: I'm trite; my brushstrokes are unsure; my color scheme is garish; I'm 'the lamest fucking thing ever.' Fine. Fair enough. But at least I don't slave over an espresso machine for $7.25 an hour."

The piece of art went on to suggest that patrons should perhaps try directing their ruthless mockery toward something else in the shop, such as the self-important free weekly newspapers, the flyers on the wall for guitar lessons, or "that terrible Roy Lichtenstein rip-off" hanging above the couches.

If Isabel By Herself is not sold by the end of the month—which the painting said would be "a welcome relief from this bullshit"—it will be replaced by another artwork and returned to its creator. Nonetheless, the picture is determined to weather the storm of insults until the end.

"Sure, you can snicker with your friends about how I make your kid's finger paintings look like Rembrandts and how I evoke the sense of somebody taking a red and black dump on a canvas, but remember, I'm right behind you," the painting said. "I can read every word you type, including that screenplay you've been working on for the past nine months. That's right, asshole. Nice third act, by the way. Very fucking original."

The Onion

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #134 on: August 10, 2011, 02:10:23 pm »
I'm not a huge fan of Picasso but there's something about La Guernica.

It's the madness, the chaos, the silent screams of people and animals. Very affecting. Anyway, other people obviously think so too as there have been several "covers", a concept I haven't come across in the art world before.

Peter Saul, Guernica de Picasso (study), 1976

Art & Language, Picasso’s Guernica in the Style of Jackson Pollock, 1980

Michael Hurson, Guernica ‘C’ (Study For A Print), 1992

Ron English, Cowgirl Guernica, 2006 (Love this one, absolutely barking mad)

Offline forrest1980

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #135 on: August 10, 2011, 02:27:01 pm »
Jackson Pollock - Full Fathom Five

I especially like this detail :
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 02:29:00 pm by forrest1980 »
"If you can't support us when we lose or draw , don't support us when we win" - Bill Shankly.......the best quote the great man ever said.

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #136 on: August 25, 2011, 10:26:17 am »
In the first negative review in this thread (I think), I give you the Mona Lisa, or La Gioconda by Leonardo Da Vinci.

This is the most famous painting in modern history. It's a portrait of a not particularly attractive woman who looks a bit like a salamander. Here's what wiki says.

Leonardo used a pyramid design to place the woman simply and calmly in the space of the painting. Her folded hands form the front corner of the pyramid. Her breast, neck and face glow in the same light that models her hands. The light gives the variety of living surfaces an underlying geometry of spheres and circles. Leonardo referred to a seemingly simple formula for seated female figure: the images of seated Madonna, which were widespread at the time. He effectively modified this formula in order to create the visual impression of distance between the sitter and the observer. The armrest of the chair functions as a dividing element between Mona Lisa and the viewer.

The woman sits markedly upright with her arms folded, which is also a sign of her reserved posture. Only her gaze is fixed on the observer and seems to welcome him to this silent communication. Since the brightly lit face is practically framed with various much darker elements (hair, veil, shadows), the observer's attraction to it is brought to even greater extent. The woman appears alive to an unusual measure, which Leonardo achieved by his new method not to draw the outlines, "mainly in two features: the corners of the mouth, and the corners of the eyes" (Gombrich), as firmly as that had been the use, before (sfumato).[27] There is no indication of an intimate dialogue between the woman and the observer as is the case in the Portrait of Baldassare Castiglione (Louvre) painted by Raphael about ten years later, and undoubtedly influenced by the work.
Detail of Lisa's hands, her right hand resting on her left. Leonardo chose this gesture rather than a wedding ring to depict Lisa as a virtuous woman and faithful wife.[28]

The painting was among the first portraits to depict the sitter before an imaginary landscape and Leonardo was one of the first painters to use aerial perspective.[29] The enigmatic woman is portrayed seated in what appears to be an open loggia with dark pillar bases on either side. Behind her a vast landscape recedes to icy mountains. Winding paths and a distant bridge give only the slightest indications of human presence. The sensuous curves of the woman's hair and clothing are echoed in the undulating imaginary valleys and rivers behind her. The blurred outlines, graceful figure, dramatic contrasts of light and dark, and overall feeling of calm are characteristic of Leonardo's style. Owing to the expressive synthesis that Leonardo achieved between sitter and landscape it is arguable whether Mona Lisa should be considered as a traditional portrait, for it represents an ideal rather than a real woman. The sense of overall harmony achieved in the painting—especially apparent in the sitter's faint smile—reflects the idea of a link connecting humanity and nature.

My arse. This painting does absolutely nothing for me. Plus, I've seen the original and it's tiny.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline ClaireW

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • "If I can't dance, it's not my revolution"
« Reply #138 on: August 25, 2011, 01:30:59 pm »
The Funeral Party.  L S Lowry.

I love this painting;  it's such a sombre image, yet never fails to raise a smile.

Offline Slave

• shit joker - shit vicki vale too
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mmm, angel cake.
« Reply #139 on: August 25, 2011, 02:12:42 pm »
Edward Hopper
Night Windows

Pennsylvania Coal Town

I like both of those. I've never heard of Hopper before, I probably should have but I'm a bit of a Philistine when it comes to art.
It is most odd.

Offline ClaireW

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • "If I can't dance, it's not my revolution"
« Reply #140 on: August 25, 2011, 09:16:16 pm »
I like both of those. I've never heard of Hopper before, I probably should have but I'm a bit of a Philistine when it comes to art.

He's well worth looking into.  I love the normality of his subjects and his use of light is beautiful. 
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 10:31:22 am by ClaireW »

Offline Cribertinokes

• Born free. Live free. Die.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96
« Reply #141 on: August 25, 2011, 10:19:03 pm »

These are a series of paintings done by someone developing paranoid schizophrenia, the pieces portray artistically the altering of his mind.
These are the days when I hate the world, hate the rich, hate the happy, hate the complacent, the TV watchers, beer drinkers, the satisfied ones. Because I know I can be all of those little hateful things and then I hate myself for realising that.

Offline mbroon

• would like a clean space - hasn't got one
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: August 25, 2011, 10:24:28 pm »

Man in a Golden helmet, Berlin, once one of the most famous "Rembrandt" portraits, no longer attributed to the master.

My grandmother has a replica of it and it used to scare me a lot. It used to hang in the big dining room of a very old, big house that she lived in some years ago. Entering that room alone (which I did because there was a piano in the room that I wanted to play), with him staring at me, was always special. It was as though he was alive, watching me. And it creeped me the hell out.

I've gotten past that as I've grown older though, and I now really like it. The darkness and the way the light falls on his helmet, face and collar make the painting visually pleasing and the man himself adds depth. I think the combination makes it a great painting.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: August 25, 2011, 10:28:59 pm »

I just love this.. It takes me back to warm summer evenings on holiday in Europe when I was a kid, walking through the town.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #144 on: August 25, 2011, 11:34:18 pm »

Man in a Golden helmet, Berlin, once one of the most famous "Rembrandt" portraits, no longer attributed to the master.

My grandmother has a replica of it and it used to scare me a lot. It used to hang in the big dining room of a very old, big house that she lived in some years ago. Entering that room alone (which I did because there was a piano in the room that I wanted to play), with him staring at me, was always special. It was as though he was alive, watching me. And it creeped me the hell out.

I've gotten past that as I've grown older though, and I now really like it. The darkness and the way the light falls on his helmet, face and collar make the painting visually pleasing and the man himself adds depth. I think the combination makes it a great painting.

I like that a lot. Love to know what caused the sombre face.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #145 on: August 25, 2011, 11:40:58 pm »
These are a series of paintings done by someone developing paranoid schizophrenia, the pieces portray artistically the altering of his mind.

That bottom left looks like a Mandelbrot. Do you know if it was intentional?
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #146 on: August 25, 2011, 11:42:21 pm »
He's brilliant. Seek out, look and enjoy.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #147 on: August 25, 2011, 11:50:03 pm »
Love this..... Such interesting figures combined with something so weird

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #148 on: August 25, 2011, 11:55:22 pm »

We were talking about this earlier in the thread, with reference to Van Gogh. Compare this one with paintings above.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #149 on: August 26, 2011, 12:00:54 am »

Ah, Ambassadors, you spoil us with your.....with your, er..skull.
Holbein. Brilliant.

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #150 on: August 26, 2011, 12:19:09 am »
I would post something about this work, but I am very tired and I have to get a flight at 6am.

A wonderful example of the use of chiaroscuro in a work, one of my favourite 'methods' in art

Giovanni Baglione 'Sacred versus profane love

Given that title, there's all sorts of shit going on in there.

Offline gritsvanilla

• Legacy Fan
  • A Light Souffle With Razor Blades
« Reply #151 on: August 26, 2011, 01:43:28 am »
4 of my fave pics, first two by Vincent Van Gogh, 3rd by Edward Hopper and the last one by Salvador Dali

« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 01:45:26 am by gritsvanilla »

Offline gritsvanilla

• Legacy Fan
  • A Light Souffle With Razor Blades
« Reply #152 on: August 26, 2011, 02:05:14 am »
2 more i'm partial to, first is "The Robing Of The Bride" by Max Ernst followed by "Hand With Reflecting Sphere" by M C Escher

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: August 26, 2011, 02:21:28 am »
http://www.francoise-nielly.com/index.php/galerie/index/0/0/0/+/0

I strongly urge everyone to check this artist out. Not to everyone's taste I'm sure but I absolutely adore her work!
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #154 on: August 26, 2011, 09:17:54 am »
Here's some Modern stuff by Harland Miller:

i like this one for obvious reasons

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #155 on: August 26, 2011, 09:21:49 am »
Great thread.

the prado in general is packed with show stoppers and i love brueghel particularly the tower of babel which was my screen saver for a couple of years

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #156 on: August 26, 2011, 09:30:40 am »

the amabassadors by hans holbein.

have you noticed the trompe l'oiel skull on the diagonal between the two ambassadors?

i always thought they were inspired or at least referencing the characters rozencrantz and guildenstern from hamlet.

they were famously sent on a diplomatic mission that was doomed to failure and certain death.

according to wiki this is bullshit however.

it also tells me that the skull is anamorphic but however it breaks down its a trick of the eye to see the skull as you have to approach the painting from the right angle.

so full of detail and arcana as well - all the trappings of science but none of it actually works.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 09:36:59 am by hassinator »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #157 on: August 26, 2011, 10:24:01 am »
the amabassadors by hans holbein.

have you noticed the trompe l'oiel skull on the diagonal between the two ambassadors?

i always thought they were inspired or at least referencing the characters rozencrantz and guildenstern from hamlet.

they were famously sent on a diplomatic mission that was doomed to failure and certain death.

according to wiki this is bullshit however.

it also tells me that the skull is anamorphic but however it breaks down its a trick of the eye to see the skull as you have to approach the painting from the right angle.

so full of detail and arcana as well - all the trappings of science but none of it actually works.

No one really knows if the skull has been restored correctly.  As no one really knows how it worked in the first place, the reconstruction was something of an educated guess.

It's so impressive when you see it up close though
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Nazi Dickhead

• Legacy Fan
  • Man moth?
« Reply #158 on: August 26, 2011, 03:18:29 pm »
A Shell Forge at a National Projectile Factory, Hackney Marshes, London
Anna Airy, oil on canvas, 1918

I visited the Imperial War Museum London last month and saw it, i was blown away. Felt so real, like you could feel the heat from the factory and glowing hot iron.

Found an image of it but obviously dosent do it justice. It covered a whole wall in the gallery.

-YNWA-

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #159 on: August 26, 2011, 04:53:13 pm »
the prado in general is packed with show stoppers and i love brueghel particularly the tower of babel which was my screen saver for a couple of years

Not only was that posted on this thread before but you posted it!.