Author Topic: Typhoid Trump: the not-smart, corrupt, coward, loser, thread  (Read 4571140 times)

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
Re: The Malevolent Orange Ball of Gas. Squirrel!
« Reply #24080 on: March 24, 2017, 04:47:36 pm »
CNN A GOP source is saying Ryan is not taking good news to Trump about the way the vote may go.

But I guess still time to turn it around maybe or cancel the vote again.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #24081 on: March 24, 2017, 05:05:01 pm »
Harry Reid's former Chief of Staff gets it right:

@AJentleson 
Republicans' original sin on Obamacare was falsely portraying the centrist substance of the ACA as strictly partisan.
It wasn't. 1/

The votes were party-line, but that was a front manufactured by McConnell. He bragged about it at the time. 2/

McConnell rarely gives much away but he let the mask slip here, saying he planned to oppose Obamacare regardless of what was in the bill.

Those who worked on and covered the bill know there were GOP senators who wanted to support ACA - but McConnell twisted their arms. 4/

On Obamacare, Democrats spent months holding hearings and seeking GOP input - we accepted 200+ GOP amendments! 5/

Now, Republicans' seven-year lie that Obamacare was a partisan bill *in substance* is caching up with them for one simple reason. 6/

Obamacare IS what bipartisan, centrist health reform that keeps the private market intact looks like. There aren't many other options. 7/

So Republicans have to either embrace a bill that's basically Obamacare, or something devastating to millions.
That's the bed they made. 8/

Rank cynicism on policy may work to win elections, but it hollows out your party and renders you unable to use the power you win. 9/

For seven years, Rs told America that there was a centrist health care reform that lowered premiums, kept coverage and wasn't Obamacare. 10/

Guess what?
Like so much else Republicans ran on, that was a big lie.
Now, finally, the reckoning is here. 11/
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24082 on: March 24, 2017, 05:34:25 pm »
So the GOP has to push through something hideously unpopular that will devastate the lives of millions because they're too stiff necked to admit they've got it wrong?  I'm sure they'll choke it down.

Remember how Kim Jong's uncle manoeuvred him into power, and then Kim Jong had him killed?  I'm starting to see something similar develop between Ryan and Trump.  Ryan best grow a spine quickly because he doesn't seem to know what happens to Trump allies for whom he has no further use.  The bus beckons...
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #24083 on: March 24, 2017, 05:35:06 pm »
 The Hill‏Verified account @thehill

#BREAKING: White House says House will vote on healthcare bill at 3:30

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #24084 on: March 24, 2017, 07:21:39 pm »
In 2000, Donald Trump published a public policy book called The America We Deserve. It included this topical section

"The healthcare bureaucrats are depriving Americans of care in order to keep costs down. Medical care is so expensive, in fact, that millions of Americans have no health insurance at all. Here's the real scandal: According to James Frogue in a Heritage Foundation memorandum around ten million American children have no insurance coverage. This isn't to say they can't get medical attention - though some activists would have us think so - but they are often treated in hospital emergency rooms, which is the most expensive type of care. Routine medical care for these kids doesn't exist.

Nor are things any better for the elderly. In general, whatever is wrong with healthcare is even more so for Medicare. If you are worried about the future of Social Security - as you definitely should be - then you should be frantic about the future of Medicare, because we are already experiencing some of the funding problems with Medicare that we fear might happen with Social Security in a couple of decades.

The structure of the healthcare industry is confusing and expensive at every level, and there's no simple solution. Since the Truman administration our country has been trying to implement a system that protects all citizens. I'm a conservative on most issues but a liberal on this one. We should not hear so many stories of families ruined by healthcare expenses. We must not allow citizens with medical problems to go untreated because of financial problems or red tape. It is an unacceptable but accurate fact that the number of uninsured Americans has risen to forty-two million.

Working out detailed plans will take time. But the goal should be clear: our people are our greatest asset. We must take care of our own. We must have universal healthcare. Just imagine the improved quality of life for our society as a whole if the issue of access to healthcare was dealt with imaginatively. With more than forty million Americans living day to day in fear that an illness or injury will wipe our their savings or drag them into bankruptcy , how can we truly engage in the "pursuit of happiness" as our Founders intended?"

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #24085 on: March 24, 2017, 07:33:37 pm »
So according to the Wall Street Journal while as Trump advisor, Mike Flynn met with high level Turkish officials to discuss removing an anti-Erdogan cleric living in Pennsylvania, who Turkey has claimed orchestrated last summer's failed military coup, and sending him to Turkey without going through a legal extradition process.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #24086 on: March 24, 2017, 07:34:04 pm »
In 2000, Donald Drumpf published a public policy book called The America We Deserve. It included this topical section

I wonder who wrote that?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24087 on: March 24, 2017, 07:35:09 pm »
Jared Yates Sexton‏Verified account @JYSexton 2m2 minutes ago
I'm hearing they're canceling the vote.

Jared Yates Sexton‏Verified account @JYSexton 50s51 seconds ago
Oh man. Confirmed. They're cancelling the vote. What a disaster. What a failure. What a beautiful, beautiful failure.

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #24088 on: March 24, 2017, 07:35:48 pm »
After a strong week for Manafort, Gen Flynn makes a late surge to jump back in front in the 'Which Trump Aide Will Be Jailed First?' stakes

Ex-CIA Director: Mike Flynn and Turkish Officials Discussed Removal of Erdogan Foe From U.S.  - WSJ

James Woolsey says he attended a September meeting where other participants, including then-Trump adviser Mike Flynn, talked of moving Fethullah Gulen back to Turkey without going through U.S. extradition process

Retired Army Lt. Gen. Mike Flynn, while serving as an adviser to the Trump campaign, met with top Turkish government ministers and discussed removing a Muslim cleric from the U.S. and taking him to Turkey, according to former Central Intelligence Agency Director James Woolsey, who attended, and others who were briefed on the meeting.

The discussion late last summer involved ideas about how to get Fethullah Gulen, a cleric whom Turkey has accused of orchestrating last summer’s failed military coup, to Turkey without going through the U.S. extradition legal process, according to Mr. Woolsey and those who were briefed.

Mr. Woolsey told The Wall Street Journal he arrived at the meeting in New York on Sept. 19 in the middle of the discussion and found the topic startling and the actions being discussed possibly illegal.

The Turkish ministers were interested in open-ended thinking on the subject, and the ideas were raised hypothetically, said the people who were briefed. The ministers in attendance included the son-in-law of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and the country’s foreign minister, foreign-lobbying disclosure documents show.

Mr. Woolsey said the idea was “a covert step in the dead of night to whisk this guy away.” The discussion, he said, didn’t include actual tactics for removing Mr. Gulen from his U.S. home. If specific plans had been discussed, Mr. Woolsey said, he would have spoken up and questioned their legality.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #24089 on: March 24, 2017, 07:36:03 pm »
Saying the vote maybe cancelled at the last moment.

Ryan holding last minute meeting with all house GOP.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #24090 on: March 24, 2017, 07:37:13 pm »
Yes they have pulled the bill.

Trump told Ryan to pull the bill.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #24091 on: March 24, 2017, 07:39:15 pm »

Oh man. Confirmed. They're cancelling the vote. What a disaster. What a failure. What a beautiful, beautiful failure.

Sorry didn't see your post.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #24092 on: March 24, 2017, 07:43:00 pm »
I wonder who wrote that?

The book might have Trump's name on it, but the grammar and clarity of thought are too strong to be his.

After a strong week for Manafort, Gen Flynn makes a late surge to jump back in front in the 'Which Trump Aide Will Be Jailed First?' stakes

I think Flynn is likely to be one of the first.  It will be interesting to see if the likes of Flynn and Manafort end up cutting a deal for lower time.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24093 on: March 24, 2017, 07:45:19 pm »
Yes they have pulled the bill.

Trump told Ryan to pull the bill.

Good. Tossers.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24094 on: March 24, 2017, 07:45:48 pm »

:lmao

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #24095 on: March 24, 2017, 07:52:29 pm »
The Gang Who Couldn't Govern Straight.

He's not bringing healthcare reform up anytime soon, per WaPo's Robert Costa, who was live tweeting a phone call with Herr Drumpelskin (!)

Maggie Haberman‏ @maggieNYT 

TRUMP tells me in interview this is now the Democrats' fault, and that he anticipates that when Obama(care) "explodes" they will be ready to deal

He's funny.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:56:20 pm by Ray K »

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #24096 on: March 24, 2017, 07:53:16 pm »
Chickened out for a humiliating failure, hilarious. It's a shame it didn't go to the vote though, would have forced Repubs into a spot where they either had to go directly against Trump or put their name to something that blatantly harms their constituents.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #24097 on: March 24, 2017, 08:02:04 pm »
They are saying they may move onto tax reforms next but I thought Healthcare had to be sorted before they could do that because its linked.

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24098 on: March 24, 2017, 08:02:06 pm »
President Wannabe King Smallhands and the art of no deal. Bad negotiator. Sad!
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24099 on: March 24, 2017, 08:04:57 pm »
 Jim Carrey‏Verified account @JimCarrey 1m1 minute ago

;^P

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24100 on: March 24, 2017, 08:07:10 pm »
Being an anti-Vaxxer i'd have expected Jim Carrey to be a Trump supporter
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #24101 on: March 24, 2017, 08:08:28 pm »

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24102 on: March 24, 2017, 08:10:05 pm »
 Robert Costa‏Verified account @costareports 26s27 seconds ago

Trump told me he's willing to cut a bipartisan deal in the future: "When it explodes they [Dems] come to us and we make one beautiful deal.”

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #24103 on: March 24, 2017, 08:11:26 pm »
When he talks of Obamacare "exploding", he means he's going to try and trash Obamacare from the inside now. That was part of the "repeal" strategy. A lot of Obamacare is meant to be reliant on the discretion of the Health Secretary in using powers granted to him/her. Stuff like allowing states to demand work tests to be eligible for cover or whether plans need to cover contraception etc.

(PBS on powers Price could exercise).
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #24104 on: March 24, 2017, 08:16:30 pm »
fuckin hilarious this backdown today! wonderful to watch.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #24105 on: March 24, 2017, 08:16:37 pm »

Trump told me he's willing to cut a bipartisan deal in the future: "When it explodes they [Dems] come to us and we make one beautiful deal.”

:lmao :lmao

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #24106 on: March 24, 2017, 08:17:16 pm »
CNN saying someone at the Whitehouse said that Trump was suckered into a trap.

And well done to CNN for doing a Admiral Ackbar joke straight off the bat.

Offline Mag Hull

• Lanca Shire
  • Kopite
  • Celebrating National Shite Day since 1968
« Reply #24107 on: March 24, 2017, 08:21:00 pm »

The tweets from the Court of the Tangerine Twat should be priceless.......
Get your fucking hedge cut!!!!

Offline Mag Hull

• Lanca Shire
  • Kopite
  • Celebrating National Shite Day since 1968
« Reply #24108 on: March 24, 2017, 08:33:27 pm »

Quote from NYT article "Trump Blames Democrats as Major Push to Repeal Health Law Fails":

In the end, Republican leaders doomed the bill by agreeing to eliminate federal standards for the minimum benefits that must be provided by certain health insurance policies.
“This provision is so cartoonishly malicious that I can picture someone twirling their mustache as they drafted it in their secret capitol lair last night,” said Representative Jim McGovern, Democrat of Massachusetts. “This back-room deal will kill the requirement for insurance companies to offer essential health benefits such as emergency services, maternity care, mental health care, substance addiction treatment, pediatric services, prescription drugs and many other basic essential services.”
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 08:36:28 pm by Mag Hull »
Get your fucking hedge cut!!!!

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #24109 on: March 24, 2017, 08:33:40 pm »

What a stupid c*nt that guy is. No one with more than one functioning brain cell will buy this. His supporters will, but they are so thick that he could tell them it's their fault and they would apologise...

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24110 on: March 24, 2017, 08:34:27 pm »
Not the first time women have been happy that Trump pulled out.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #24111 on: March 24, 2017, 08:35:44 pm »
Not the first time women have been happy that Trump pulled out.

It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24113 on: March 24, 2017, 08:39:51 pm »
Well, at least he's not alone

.@POTUS minutes! ago:

"Today, the House is voting to repeal and replace the disaster known as Obamacare."

I guess he's too busy tooting the horn on a big truck to know what's going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9lmCpIzhFo

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #24114 on: March 24, 2017, 08:45:35 pm »
Never in my memory has anyone been more worthy of ridicule.
Kill the humourless

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #24115 on: March 24, 2017, 08:46:26 pm »
He said the pipeline WILL be built using USA steel.

Trump approves Keystone pipeline

The Trump administration gave the Keystone XL pipeline its key federal permit Friday, clearing a major hurdle for the project that former President Obama rejected in 2015.

The State Department announced Friday morning that its undersecretary for political affairs, Tom Shannon, issued the permit, two months after President Trump signed a memorandum to revive the project after Obama’s rejection.

“In making his determination that issuance of this permit would serve the national interest, the under secretary considered a range of factors, including but not limited to foreign policy; energy security; environmental, cultural, and economic impacts; and compliance with applicable law and policy,” State said.

The decision closes a significant chapter in the long-running saga over the controversial oil sands pipeline, which has been a flashpoint in the debate surrounding climate change and dependence on foreign oil.

Obama rejected the application in November 2015, arguing, in part, that it would harm the United States' standing in the world as a leader in fighting climate change.

“Ultimately, if we’re going to prevent large parts of this Earth from becoming not only inhospitable but uninhabitable in our lifetimes, we’re going to have to keep some fossil fuels in the ground rather than burn them and release more dangerous pollution into the sky,” he said at the time.

The approval fulfills a major campaign promise of Trump's and a top priority that congressional Republicans and the oil industry have had for years.

“This is a significant milestone for the Keystone XL project,” Russ Girling, president of Keystone’s developer, Canada-based TransCanada Corp., said in a statement. “We greatly appreciate President Trump's Administration for reviewing and approving this important initiative and we look forward to working with them as we continue to invest in and strengthen North America's energy infrastructure.”

The 875-mile line would carry up to 830,000 barrels a day of heavy oil sands petroleum from Alberta, Canada, to Nebraska. From there, the oil would continue through existing lines to the Gulf Coast to be refined.

Despite the president's promises, the $8 billion project is not subject to Trump’s promise that oil pipelines built in the United States would have to use American steel. The White House announced earlier this month that that would only apply to pipelines with new applications.

TransCanada has already bought the pipe for the project. About half came from an Arkansas plant owned by an Indian company, a quarter from a plant in Canada owned by a Russian company and the remainder from Italy and India.

TransCanada needed a presidential permit to build the line because it is planned to cross an international border.

The company first started applying to build Keystone XL in 2008. But in the ensuing years, it became a central point in the debate between weaning the United States off fossil fuels and increasing the use of energy from friendly allies.

Trump’s permit is not the final hurdle for the project. State officials in Nebraska still have to approve the line’s route through that state, something that could take another six months.

Environmentalists might also sue to stop the construction.

“The Keystone XL tar sands pipeline was a terrible idea when it was first proposed nearly ten years ago, and it’s an even worse idea today. This dirty and dangerous export pipeline would run right through America’s heartland, threatening our water, our land, and our climate — all to pad the profits of a foreign oil company,” said Tiernan Sittenfeld, senior vice president of government affairs at the League of Conservation Voters.

“This pipeline is all risk and no reward, and we will continue to fight it every step of the way,” she said.

The business community welcomed the approval.

“After many years of unfortunate delays and partisan posturing, Keystone XL pipeline finally got the green light it has long deserved,” U.S. Chamber of Commerce President Thomas Donohue said in a statement. “This pipeline, and countless other projects around the nation, will improve America’s energy security, create jobs, and help get the economy back on track.”

The State Department previous estimated that the project would create 42,100 jobs. The vast majority of them would be temporary jobs related to Keystone’s construction, and about 35 would be permanent jobs operating it.

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson would usually have been in charge of considering the permit. But he recused himself from the process, due to his previous position as the CEO of Exxon Mobil Corp., the country’s largest oil company.

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/325587-trump-approves-keystone-pipeline

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24116 on: March 24, 2017, 08:46:46 pm »
 Jared Yates Sexton‏Verified account @JYSexton 18s19 seconds ago

The President just said it was politically beneficial for American healthcare to fail. This is unreal.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #24117 on: March 24, 2017, 08:50:42 pm »
Trump is near enough saying he can't wait until people start to die to prove hes right.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 08:53:03 pm by Trada »

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24118 on: March 24, 2017, 08:57:52 pm »
Jared Yates Sexton‏Verified account @JYSexton 18s19 seconds ago

The President just said it was politically beneficial for American healthcare to fail. This is unreal.

Didn't he blame politics when his travel ban failed as well?

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24119 on: March 24, 2017, 08:59:09 pm »
haha this news made my day :lmao
kudos to republicans who were against this douchebag, finally some hope!