Author Topic: Spyin' Kop: Liverpool FC v Hull City, 3.00pm Saturday  (Read 9620 times)

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Spyin' Kop: Liverpool FC v Hull City, 3.00pm Saturday
« on: September 25, 2009, 10:17:33 am »
There is a malaise running through the spine of this week’s Spyin’ Kop. Talking to Hull fans about their hopes and fears for the season reminds me of the line from Henry VI, Pt III – “Ill blows the wind that profits nobody”, because whatever has been gusting across the North Sea in recent times, seems to have left an indelible scar on the city by the Humber.

It’s easily arguable that the stellar spell Hull had last season, where they seemed to, albeit briefly, possess the power to subjugate all before them, was ultimately damaging for club and fans alike. They are now stuck in a position where they have recorded two wins in 30 games, scratching their heads and wondering how it all went wrong.

The responses below show that defeatism and the stark reality of a relegation fight have settled in for the winter, and are unlikely to be countered with a holiday to Marbella and a healthy dose of venlafaxine. After interviewing the Hull fans, I came away feeling a sense of sympathy towards them, and when I then remembered that the man with a face like a Giraffe’s foreskin was their manager, that emotion quickly turned to pity.

I dwelt on it for a minute or two, and then decided to read some of Ted Hughes’ poetry for ‘inspiration’, and came across the following line from ‘Relic’, and then I gave thanks that I’m not in the same position:

To flap for half an hour and turn to a crust
Continue the beginning. The deeps are cold:
In that darkness camaraderie does not hold.

For those of an easily-influenced disposition, look away now...

Kick-off: 3.00pm GMT, Saturday 26th September

Hull Domestic 'Honours':

* Football League Championship play-off winners 2007–08

* Football League One Runners-up 2004–05

* Football League Third Division Champions 1965–66

* Football League Division Three Runners-up 2003–04

* Football League Third Division Promoted 1984–85

* Football League Third Division North Champions 1932–33, 1948–49

* Football League Third Division North Runners-up 1958–59

* Football League Fourth Division Runners-up 1982–83

Last Season:

2008/2009

Premier League:   Hull City   1-3   Liverpool   25th of April '09
Premier League:   Liverpool   2-2   Hull City   13th of December '08

1.) Last season’s first few months, couldn’t have been more polar to what you have experienced this year, thus far. Is your current position the reality you’re going to have to face for the duration of the campaign, or can you improve and comfortably save yourselves from the drop?

hampshiretiger: We can't get much worse!

Cool: We can improve but I don't think we will.

Tuckin: We can improve - but a lot of factors need to fall into place, mainly in the are of injuries. Having sold our best defender just before the deadline, we also lost the next best two CBs to injury, and the results have been disastrous. Then there's Jimmy Bullard, who could be our saviour but whose body is so fragile...

lloydyhcfc: No can't see it. I'd be extatic with another 17th place finish.

NE_Tiger: best case scenario will be another tight squeeze to safety, though unless the fans start actually supporting the team rather than vilifying individuals then we're down bottom. Second season is always a harder ask and we'll have to find leaders from within the camp to stay up in the absence of Ashbee and Turner. A couple of years ago, Boateng would have fit the bill, but his legs are going and mis-times too many tackles in dangerous areas nowadays.

Kstone: With Mr brown were going down without him we might stay up! Give the job to Mcclaren, Coppell or Curbishley.

------------------------------------------------------

2.) Michael Turner, by all accounts, was a summer transfer target for Liverpool, who’s ended up in the bleak outpost of Sunderland. You’ve brought in Venegoor of Hesselink, who’s going to cost the fans more in replica kit letters than the club spent on signing him, and you missed out spending a King’s ransom on Negredo. How’s your squad positioned for this year’s PL campaign?

hampshiretiger: We are in a relegation scrap with Pompey, Wigan & the 3 newly promoted clubs IMO.

Cool: We are less than a championship side.

Tuckin: Turner was a big loss, and the recruits are largely raw or underwhelming. The window left a lack of stability and leadership as its legacy.

lloydyhcfc: Hesselink is garbage. The Negrado transfer was another rubbish speculative transfer that the club did for publicity. Altidore or Cousin & Ghilas have to start for us to get anything. Hopefully Hunt Geo & Bullard (when he gets back) do something to turn it around.

NE_Tiger: The squad at the moment looks to have more depth but has been shorn of a couple of key individuals in Turner and Ashbee. Bullard may have something to say on the matter if he can stay fit when he comes back in.

It's all doom and gloom at the moment, but there is too much of an unknown in how the influx of new players will fare. Jan of Hessleroad, Sonko and McShane have only been here a couple of weeks, Altidore sems to have perpetually been on international duty and Olifinjana could go either way - there's something there, just don't quite know what it is yet. Ghilas looks tasty on either flank and looks like scoring when played up-top, and Hunt's work-rate and delivery have been top notch. I don't think we've seen the best of them as a squad yet by any stretch, but we aint going to be sleeping easy come may I don't think.

Kstone: Not very good, hopefully Jimmy Bullard will save our season.

3.) I’ve noticed on here and on a few other Hull forums that people are beginning to doubt the manager’s abilities - Is Phil Brown the man to take the club forward, and maintain your status in the Premier League, or is it time to lose the man with a skin colour similar to your home kit?

hampshiretiger: After Saturday we need to take 9 or 10 points from the next 6 games for Brownie to keep the fans on his side.

Cool: He's right out of his depth - Parkinson's Law "Each man is promoted one place beyond his capability" Brown is the epitome of that.

Tuckin: The fans are divided right down the middle on Brown, as this board shows.

lloydyhcfc: All this is ****ing me off. We need a win for Brown to gain some breathing space.

NE_Tiger: Brown's hands are tied to a certain extent. We're still very much new-boys and haven't had the years of Premier League cash and/or parachute payments other clubs have. Because we came from no-where with a spiced up Championship relegation squad we not only didn't have the level of squad depth of those at the top of the Championship, but we cannot even be called a recognised yo-yo side yet. Many players have given us a wide berth because of our lack of prior pedigree - to be fair to them, they don't know if we're a relegation away from sinking without trace, so we've been limited by the quality of player we can attract and have very little in terms of existing foundation from which to build.

No-one has come up the way we have and established in this league without serious financial outlay. We don't have a benefactor and will not get into serious debt in order to stay up. It is deemed more important to remain financially stable so as not to follow the likes of Leeds, Sheff Wed, Souhampton, Bradford and Charlton into obscurity should the worst happen. If you're stable, you can always come back.

I don't honestly believe that anyone else who'd come to Hull would get any more out of the players at his disposal than Brown is capable of. He's proved that much in his first 2 years at the club.

Kstone: Yes he needs to go he is out of his depth. Did well taking us up but 2 wins from 30 tells you everything about him.

4.) And putting all those perverse thoughts together - where do you reckon you’ll be in the table come the end of May – and where do you think Liverpool will be, frolicking in first or failing in fifth?

hampshiretiger: 17th - As for LFC I think you'll have to settle for 3rd again. Sorry,, can't see you finishing above either CFC or MUFC.

Cool: Us? Bottom three. You lot? If I look that high up, I'll get vertigo.

Tuckin: Something strange will have to happen for us not to be in the bottom five. As for bottom three... it's looking likely. Liverpool's squad is paper-thin - I just can't see them pushing Man Utd and Chelsea this time. They ought to have the nous to claim third, although any one of three teams could deny them.

lloydyhcfc: Relegated most likely but as i said 17th would be brilliant.

NE_Tiger: Definitely bottom 6, scrapping out with Pompey, Wolves, Brum, Burnley possibly Wigan or Bolton as well. If we perform to the best of our ability and keep errors to a minimum then we'll be in the top half of that bottom 6. If we don't, we'll be enjoying a trip to blackpool again next season.

I honestly can't see past Chelsea for the title at the moment. Man U will be top 3 again with arsenal, yourselves and Man City scrapping for the other spot. Reckon squad depth will be your undoing with all your european and cup commitments and you loosing Alonso is a bit like us loosing Turner - cannot easily be replaced.

CANADATIGER[/b]: Bottom 3...Liverpool 3rd.

Kstone: 3rd or 4th you don’t have the quality strength in depth like Man Utd or Chelsea. Selling Alonso big mistake.

5.) We’re changing the rules of football transfers, you can sack one of your players on the spot, tell him to pack his bags and never be seen in the north again. In the words of Jim Bowen, he gets his BFH. Who’s your man?

hampshiretiger: Kamil Zayatte

JimLaden: Bernard Mendy. Lazy, disinterested and lacking any footballing ability. One of the fastest players in the Premier League but very rarely is he actually arsed to run. Awful positional sense, guaranteed to make a handful of mistakes and seemingly unable to find a teammate when passing.

Adding to all that, he's a bit of an arsehole.

Cool: Our entire midfield - they are less effective than a single man

Tuckin: Daniel Cousin, no question. He has a shameful lack of heart.

SouthernTiger: I agree with the Mendy comments - he murdered them last season until macca got injured and he had to go to fullback. I just browny remembers this.

lloydyhcfc: Can't we get rid of half the team? How can you pick one from a handful of crap.

NE_Tiger: Got to be Cousin. He has the ability, but is unbelievably lazy and seems a bit too easy to throw a huff. You could say the same about Mendy, but I think he finished with the second highest assist-rate last season, so when he's up for it there is often enough a bit of end-product. He can murder pretty much anyone for pace on the outside too - but too often he either can't be arsed or just doesn't believe. Whoever told him he was a defender though needs their head looking at.

CANADATIGER: Bryan Hughes...total waste of space (I cannot believe that someone said Kamil Zayatte...do you actually ever watch the games).

Kstone: Daniel Cousin, lazy git. Nice girlfriend though!! Maybe that’s why he is so lazy he gets great sex at home?

6.) Normally we ask which Liverpool player do you fear the most, but I’m in an experimental mood. Which of our players would you most like in your squad?

hampshiretiger: Easy - Gerrard (don't suppose you want any of ours?!)

kentishtiger: Going on our last two meetings, the Liverpool player I fear the most is... the referee. Some appalling decisions against us last season leading to your goals, both home and away.

foster3jd: Mascherano

Cool: Gerrard

Tuckin: Definitely Gerrard. Torres would be a spectator in a Hull shirt as he'd have no service, so it has to be Gerrard. But only because Mike Hooper has left.

lloydyhcfc: Torres easy- he'll rip us apart at the weekend.

NE_Tiger: Gerrard. Magical, magical player. He'd be my England captain too.

CANADATIGER: Stephen Gerrard...the best player in the world.

Kstone: Easy – gerrard then torres

7.) Myhill and Hunt are by far and away the leading Hull points scorers in the fantasy Premier League competition, but have they been the best players in the side this season?

hampshiretiger: probably, but no one has been that good

Cool: Just about the best. Hunt is useful and Bo Myhill prevented the pathetic Brum attack scoring 5 last Saturday.

Tuckin: Myhill and Hunt have both indeed played well, as have Kamel Ghilas and (when fit) Anthony Gardner.

lloydyhcfc: Ghilas runs around all game hopefully he keeps it up. Just needs to be able to score a few. Myhill has been class, which depressing when you're keeper is the best player.

NE_Tiger: Myhill, Hunt and possibly Ghilas. At the back it's difficult to say due to the chops and changes, but Gardner is quality on the few occasions he's fit and Dawson is a much better player than he looks at first-glance too. If he had a bit more pace he'd be international class - and I say that knowing he's an Englishman. One of the best tacklers in the game, wins more in the air than he should and has a very sweet left foot when he actually decides to use it. Geo is really putting a shift in at the moment too. Also hoping for Bullard to be in that bracket by the time of the return fixture.

CANADATIGER: Myhill, Hunt, and Ghilas (Turner was but he's gone...huge mistake)

Kstone: Yes …ghilas has done well until the last few games but he’s excused he has been fasting as part of Ramadan.

8.) We’re pretty proud of the noise we make in Anfield, but during the quieter moments what’s the best chant we might hear coming from your boys at the bottom of the Anfield Road?

hampshiretiger: "You're getting Mauled by the Tigers" - as we take a more unlikely lead than we did last season!

foster3jd: Did you hear us singing a very tongue in cheek "we're going to win the league" when 2-0 up last season?

For me, it was by far and away one of the funniest moments of the season... was having trouble singing for laughing!!

RobNash:"You're getting mauled by the Tigers" ;D

Cool: You might hear, "Mauled" but I doubt it.

lloydyhcfc: We're **** and we know we are like against Everton. Or maybe the old ditties like Sign On, Where's your famous atmosphere. Or what the fat bloke in E3 was singing to the Toffees fans was where's your Stanley Knives?

NE_Tiger: If we take the lead it will be 'Mauled'. or 'best trip'. If we get hammered it will be 'Brown out' or 'sack the board'. It's a bit volatile at the moment, but away fans are generally more supportive than at home, so it's hard to say.

Kstone: We don’t have many to be honest!! Mauled By the Tigers hopefully! (but I doubt it!)

9.) How many are you bringing to Anfield, and is a visit to Liverpool one that your lads look forward to, or is it 'just another game'?

hampshiretiger: One of the biggest games of the season - we have to enjoy visiting places like Anfield, you never know when we might be back again!

Cool: My sons and I could not raise the enthusiam for another trip to Anfield. Enjoyed last season's trip but somehow this Saturday it will be like watching Madame Guillotine in full swing.

NE_Tiger: If we don't sell our allocation, then I'll kick myself for not applying. Pretty sure we'll bring the full allocation though.

Kstone: Yes your fans are great. Had a good laugh with a load on the way bk from hull to leeds in april on train. Anfield – fantastic ground.

10.) What’s the formation are you going to adopt to beat us (or alternatively to prevent a hiding) - are you parking the proverbial or are you bringing the cavalry charge?

hampshiretiger: It will be a park the bus job.

Tuckin: I think the bus will largely be parked - the confidence of last season just isn't there. It'll be 4-5-1.

lloydyhcfc: Park the bus but if it works then who cares except you lot.

NE_Tiger: If Brown is feeling adventurous then 4-4-1-1 with Geo tracking back without the ball and trying to get ahead of the lone-targetman when in posession. If he fears the worst then 4-5-1 with a load of big-guys and grafters packing the mid-field.

If he does decide to throw caution to the wind, then it will be 4-3-1-2, the same as when we won at the emirates and the anfield game ( i think) where you got 2 wrongly allowed goals to pinch a point - dirty, dirty Kuyt!

Kstone: 4-5-1 hopefully I will be happy with a 3-0 defeat.

11.) And finally, give us a score prediction – go on... be brave.

hampshiretiger: I fear the bus will break down and the score will be 4-0 to you. (hopefully you'll go easy on us, our goal difference is bad enough already!)

Tuckin: 3-0

lloydyhcfc: you'll win. Who cares how many you'll score.

NE_Tiger: 3-1, Possibly us scoring first or equalising before your class or the ref's 'big 4 specs' tells in the end. We're all but garunteed to conceede just before half-time or just after. To be honest, I don't really care as long as we can take something from the performance.

CANADATIGER: 3-0 to you Scousers.

Kstone: 0-3 liverpool and then we can concentrate on our cup finals v wigan, Fulham and pompey.

-------------------------------------------------------

Big thanks to the lads who replied to my thread on http://www.hullcityonline.com and for taking the questions in the spirit they were intended. Nice one fellas. You can read the rest of the responses here.

:wave
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 09:19:18 pm by Ben S »

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Re: Spyin' Kop: Liverpool FC v Hull City, 3.00pm Saturday
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 10:19:34 am »
3-0 ;)

Offline Baz76

• Kopite
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 10:29:22 am »
It's amazing how the skysports universe has manipulated the small minded football fan. All this "Squad is too weak" and "You should never have sold Alonso" is lazy, predictable and boring!

Offline RedMarko

• Master arsonist and goat hater
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • TW42 now!!
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 10:29:41 am »
I always enjoy Spyin' Kop - one of the highlights of my RAWK week.

Even though you precursored your article with a 'pessamist' warning, they still managed to get me down a bit  ;D

Fuck - they are miserable at the moment!

However - fair dues and good work mate  ;)

Offline Manila Kop

• TRYING HARD TO FIT IN OOTER
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Greatest Fighter in the World
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 10:42:23 am »
That's gotta be the deepest intro to a Spyin' Kop I've come across so far.  Nice one lfsea, I was wondering where the Hull edition was  :)
The infallible wank stain
Lolzies. More chance of a wank off the pope than beating United, I'm afraid. It is beyond Benitez, apart from when they were at their lowest ebb, when we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They certainly aren't anywhere near there now.

Offline deadlybuzz

• Vuvuzela queen
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 10:45:38 am »
Poor lads, that was one bleak Spyin' Kop. More pessimistic than the Bolton one.
Ahh, pressing refresh and waiting for news... just like the bad old days.

Liverpool porn, this.

anyone who's negative can fuck off

Offline Joe_Singh

• Legacy Fan
  • My idea is always to win trophies, not just games
    • Joe Singh
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 10:47:22 am »
Most fans of other teams tend to be rather honest which is nice enough, but they ain't half thick shit are they.

For fucks sake get your head out the media and judge for yourself what the squads are like.
What I love about this, and several other of Kenny's press conferences, is that he manages to say something to the effect of  'Shut the fuck up, you fucking helmets and don't fuck with me or my football club or I'll make you eat your own balls', without actually using th

Offline Xaoc

• Kopite
  • "Dude. Come on, you're being very un-Dude."
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2009, 10:52:07 am »
NE_Tiger seems like an intelligent fella, made some great points regarding Phil Brown's work at Hull.

Thanks for the good work! Really enjoy reading Spyin Kop.
'Let us endeavor to live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.' Mark Twain

Offline Ryan M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 10:55:52 am »
Disapointed with some of the inteligence on the fans here, I thought they would have understood that Liverpool had no option but to sell Alonso, if he didn't want to stay then easyjet to Madrid it is, as proved.

Also the moans about the game at Anfield really pissed me off. I remember Brown coming out with something similar last season and thought if you are being so critical then look at the Hull goals. One sticking out in my head was McShanes, when he out jumped Dossena, fair enough, but going by their thoughts on the non-contact sport of football that was a foul. Also the match at their place, we got a free kick from Mascherano diving, however the way they talk you would think it was a penalty, not a rebound from 25 yards from our 'easyjet' friend. The sending off they can't argue with, Folan deserved to go. The only fortunate one was the Lucas handball, which can go either way. Typical fans, don't realise how lucky they are compared to some clubs, am sure Leeds would swap positions with them. Give Brown the opportunity to stay up, if they do go down and he has a poor start in the Championship then questions maybe asked, but not yet!

Unfortunately am missing my first home league match for a while so hope the boys do well with out me :)

Online Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2009, 11:16:54 am »
Thanks, lfsea, especially like the poetry!

Offline SmallwoodRed

• Kopite
  • remember april 1989
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2009, 11:56:52 am »
It's amazing how the skysports universe has manipulated the small minded football fan. All this "Squad is too weak" and "You should never have sold Alonso" is lazy, predictable and boring!

Was my first reaction as well.
Our squad is as strong as last season and uniteds is weaker. Chelsea about the same.
Still apparently we are too weak and as usual we will be competing for 3rd or 4th .
Don’t think it occurred to one of them we finished second as he said we’d finish ‘3rd again’.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2009, 12:17:50 pm »
Was my first reaction as well.
Our squad is as strong as last season and uniteds is weaker. Chelsea about the same.
Still apparently we are too weak and as usual we will be competing for 3rd or 4th .
Don’t think it occurred to one of them we finished second as he said we’d finish ‘3rd again’.

Yeah, I thought exactly the same.

We've had some depressing SKs this season but I think the Hull boys top the lot. ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2009, 12:51:40 pm »
Media is the most powerful entity in the world...its a shame.

Nice read...I dont mind Hull because they usually like to come out and play for wins. Should be a good game.

Offline Crazynumber9

• Legacy Fan
  • Be afraid!
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2009, 01:21:08 pm »
Great job Lfsea, they're a gloomiest bunch we've had on here in ages
Proudly an internet terrorist since 2010!

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2009, 01:22:38 pm »
To be fair, why would Hull fans have a deep knowledge of our squad and chances this season?

They probably only have a passing interest, what they read in the papers etc.

I know practically fuck all about Hull because I have no interest in them, all I know is they're doing shite this season.
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2009, 01:30:55 pm »
They've a decent enough squad imo. Should be enough to stay up, but with that twat Brown in charge, who i think the players have totally lost confidence in i can only see them continue their free fall down to the Championship.

Didn't it all start with that embarrassing show of "leadership" at half-time? Against City i think was it?

Don't think there's a clearer case of someone believing in their own hype and totally losing the run of themselves.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2009, 02:33:39 pm »
Good work lfsea, enjoyed that.

Bus or no bus we are going to batter these tomorrow..

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2009, 02:50:12 pm »
Nice one lfsea, thanks.

They sure are on a down, still, seemed like a decent enough lot, (minus the ref comments).

Brown is on veeery thin ice at the moment.

@Yvanicuzz

Offline Madagascherano

• Anny Roader
  • And now you're gonna believe us..
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2009, 03:10:16 pm »
Cheers for that LFsea.
They sure are an optimistic bunch.  :P

Offline yonks15

• Main Stander
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2009, 03:56:09 pm »
Great stuff.  They are a depressing bunch.
I love the Henry VI quote at the beginning.  I bet there aren't too many other football boards were Henry VI is being bantered around.  Quality stuff.

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2009, 04:05:32 pm »
Great Spyin' Kop as always.

This one was even better because of the poetry and lovely artwork as well. Good job!
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline Fluro Kaz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2009, 04:10:24 pm »
great one....jeez they are up beat huh :-X how far into the season?

hope they stay up, but i'll take any of their predictions....I'll feel even worse if we fuck this one up though reading that

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2009, 04:46:02 pm »
Bloody hell, lfsea. We begin with Shakespeare and Ted Hughes and descend into '17th would be brilliant.'

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2009, 04:58:57 pm »
Cheers Dan for the cracking read, hows the foot doing?

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2009, 05:02:38 pm »
Miserable Bunch of Yorkshire Monkeys.

I hope we make them feel even worse come Satadee tea time. 5-0 please.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Bennyo

• Wasn't arsed about having a custom title, so all he got was this.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2009, 05:59:00 pm »
What a great intro! Thanks for the work Lfsea! :D

Poor guys... still hoping Nando nicks 7 past em tomorrow to break the record!! :D

Offline Oingy Boingy

• Bisquitts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2009, 08:56:38 pm »
Enjoyed that ...good work Dan
Indeed...

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2009, 09:00:16 pm »
Thanks for putting that together lfsea, all doom and gloom there hey.

Hope we batter em and put more pressure on the the tanned one.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2009, 09:00:31 pm »

Great job lfsea.

Like interviews from Death Row... :P

87:13

Offline Istanbulievable

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2009, 10:18:19 pm »
Good read that.  I'm not at all surprised they're all so down.

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2009, 11:07:53 am »
Brilliant job lfsea! Another great Spyin' Kop. I understand why Hull fans aren't feeling too positive.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2009, 02:02:45 pm »
Gratuitous bump.

great work, it looks really good on the front page of rawk

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2009, 07:36:49 pm »

Bus or no bus we are going to batter these tomorrow..

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2009, 03:56:50 am »
Brilliant effort Dan.

Very you if I must say. ;D
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline muffins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Well done, lads.
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2009, 01:34:47 am »
Nicely done. Wish I had read this before our mauling of them yesterday.

Saying that, Hunt, Ghilas, and Geovanni looked good. Altidore will do well. Shame it'll be in the Championship.