Author Topic: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time  (Read 112716 times)

Offline incredibleL4ever

• Legacy Fan
Re: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time
« Reply #1720 on: May 6, 2012, 11:17:16 am »
The starting line up was justified based on who was available, how they had performed this season and how Chelsea were lining up.  The first goal changed all that.  It was an awful goal to give away, mistakes by Spearing and Reina, but the fault for the most part lies with Enrique.  Decent player, actually didn't play too badly after that, but got that totally wrong.  Sh1t happens.  After that goal Chelsea defended in numbers and it was obvious after 25 minutes that we were not able to get past them.  I said at the time that Carroll had to come on.  We probably waited too long to change it.  In the first half only a couple of players showed up....Agger was by far the best player we had.  Suarez was isolated.  Second goal was soft also. a bit lucky to get it through Skrtel, I couldn't help feeling that it would not have gone thru' Carra, but hey, with Carra there we might have given away goals in other ways.
Carroll had his best spell in a red shirt when he came on....like a man with a point to prove.....and he proved it.  Overall Disappointed but glad we showed in the last half hour that we can play decent football.

Post  mortem....In a whole lot of games this season we have started to play when we are losing.....whats that about and why are we so cautious from the kick off?   Surely that is coming from the instructions/motivation in the dressing room, are they being told to hold your positions, keep possession and be careful and lets see what happens, rather than being told to get after them right from the kick off, everyone closed down the opposition and start with a high tempo.  The most disappointing thing this season is that the problems we had last September are exactly the same problems we had yesterday.

Offline igorius

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1721 on: May 6, 2012, 11:18:02 am »
i miss Xabi Alonso and Javier Mascherano...i miss creativity and strength
i know that i dont know

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #1722 on: May 6, 2012, 11:18:11 am »
Fuckin hated how in the Stadium yesterday they showed replays of the goals and attempts on goals but didnt show the replay of Andy Carroll's header.

Got a pic of this earlier which my lad thinks might have been phot shoppped but I think it's just a still from the computer generated image on tv.
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1723 on: May 6, 2012, 11:23:19 am »
Fuckin hated how in the Stadium yesterday they showed replays of the goals and attempts on goals but didnt show the replay of Andy Carroll's header.

Got a pic of this earlier which my lad thinks might have been phot shoppped but I think it's just a still from the computer generated image on tv.

To be fair mate it doesn't really matter.

For me he still should of scored - Clearly.

Think we need to move on from this. Chelsea were the better team for most of the game. You can't let a team like Chelsea run the rule for 60mins in a game and gift them 2 soft goals.

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• Oordeers friiees wiith hiis whoopers!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
« Reply #1724 on: May 6, 2012, 11:24:25 am »
His passing was horrendous mate and he was as much at fault as anyone for the first goal. I'm a big fan of his but he was poor.

Agreed,if aurelio was actually fit and ready, I would of almost deffo subbed him at HT.
My Grammar is shit. I no it and you no it.
They're Stoke. They throw sticks at aeroplanes there

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
Re: Re: CUP FINAL - Chelsea 2-1 Liverpool: Full time
« Reply #1725 on: May 6, 2012, 11:25:14 am »
The starting line up was justified based on who was available, how they had performed this season and how Chelsea were lining up.

Bollocks. The starting lineup was wrong. Swap Spearing for Carroll and; it would have been right, we wouldn't have conceded twice (both Chelsea goals were primarily Jay's fault) and we would have won

Offline DaveLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1726 on: May 6, 2012, 11:25:53 am »
Not read the whole thread, but I was disappointed with the boos during the singing of the national anthem yesterday. We ask others to respect our minutes silence yet boo the national anthem, sending out mixed messages there and more than a little shameful.
The consequences of rejecting reality are not immediate but they are inevitable

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1727 on: May 6, 2012, 11:26:05 am »
It wasn´t, and it isn´t the fans fucking it up though, it´s the people at the club.

And it wasn´t Rafa, of course, like some ex players, players or media people wanted to make us believe, in fact he overachieved.  And when it comes to the decision since Rafa left, it wasn´t our ex owners neither, H&G, who wanted to bleed out the club but for sure didn´t advise Purslow to bring in the likes of Konchensky while trying to sell Lucas f.e.

The people at the club fucked it up big time, not the fans and not modern times football.
Sorry mate, but you're handing out far too many get out of jail free cards there. Anyway, I'm off. Had enough of this for awhile. hopefully, the club will stop shooting itself in the foot, but I wouldn't hold me breath. Old habits die hard.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline andyrol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • might bring you boys a rabbit up in the week
« Reply #1728 on: May 6, 2012, 11:27:12 am »
it was a goal ( or rather should have been). as 'over the line' as chelseas in the semi and luis garcias. and this ' well the linesman wasnt 100% sure so couldnt give it' bollocks is crap. what do they do for every other decision? are linesmen 100% sure a player is offside every time they flag? or if they are not sure do they not flag using the same principle? we all know thats rubbish. it is his job to be sure and if he isnt in a good enough position to decide anything well he fucking should be or dont be an official. he'll be at home now safe in the knowledge that whatever he does ( unless he does something like that to the mancs, can you imagine the press if he had!!) he can cash his money from future games whilst ballsing up clubs seasons or even existence.    funny as well, lots were saying after the chelsea shot in the semi that the ref gave the advantage to the attacking team and thats how it should be till technology comes in, what happened to that edict yesterday?

Offline Redrider

• Departed for a forum with better manners
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1729 on: May 6, 2012, 11:28:08 am »
Kenny needs to be working with the owners on the timing of his exit, allowing them sufficient time to find the right man as his replacement..
The team that went out yesterday was wrongly set up and poorly motivated, to say that this team will be better next season smacks of self dillusion.
Move aside or upstairs and go with grace on a planned basis, rather than take another season of failure, the current bunch of players have too many weaknesses to be solved with £20m.

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #1730 on: May 6, 2012, 11:28:29 am »

Think we need to move on from this. Chelsea were the better team for most of the game. You can't let a team like Chelsea run the rule for 60mins in a game and gift them 2 soft goals.
No I know, you're right and I'm not complaining about the decision. If he had found the top corner it would have been a goal.

It's very difficult to give a decision like that though and we know that sometimes it goes for you and sometimes against. It's doesnt always even itself out though and in both the semi and the final, Chelsea have been the beneficiaries of two decisions of that sort.

Said it earlier we had started the game like we were 2-0 down instead of waiting until we were it might have been a different result.
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1731 on: May 6, 2012, 11:30:06 am »
it was a goal ( or rather should have been). as 'over the line' as chelseas in the semi and luis garcias. and this ' well the linesman wasnt 100% sure so couldnt give it' bollocks is crap. what do they do for every other decision? are linesmen 100% sure a player is offside every time they flag? or if they are not sure do they not flag using the same principle? we all know thats rubbish. it is his job to be sure and if he isnt in a good enough position to decide anything well he fucking should be or dont be an official. he'll be at home now safe in the knowledge that whatever he does ( unless he does something like that to the mancs, can you imagine the press if he had!!) he can cash his money from future games whilst ballsing up clubs seasons or even existence.    funny as well, lots were saying after the chelsea shot in the semi that the ref gave the advantage to the attacking team and thats how it should be till technology comes in, what happened to that edict yesterday?

Move on mate.

Let's not do a Chelsea and bash on about it still 7 years later.

We lost the game a certainly didn't deserve to win it.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1732 on: May 6, 2012, 11:32:34 am »
No I know, you're right and I'm not complaining about the decision. If he had found the top corner it would have been a goal.

This is it.

Your picture just highlights how poor a header it was. Directed it back to the centre rather than top corner. Top corner and it was sure to be a goal.

Offline 51cam

• Because 5 + 1 = 7 ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1733 on: May 6, 2012, 11:34:41 am »
Henderson, Enrique and Downing were just not good enough yesterday. Okay Reina and Spearing made errors which will stand out now but the amount of potential attacks wasted by those three was unforgivable. Cannot for the life of me understand how Henderson remained on for the entire game and Maxi wasn't introduced. I would have started the same team yesterday, only had Maxi for Downing. Maxi + Bellamy = Goals. What is absolutely killing me is Maxi is gonna hit the road this Summer. Which IMO, is a joke.

Offline DaveLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1734 on: May 6, 2012, 11:38:19 am »
Move on mate.

Let's not do a Chelsea and bash on about it still 7 years later.

We lost the game a certainly didn't deserve to win it.

I quote agree, let the classless moan about a decision 7 years later and forget the facts of it. The ref didn't give it and even a day later it's still not 100% positive that it went in, so how the hell is fat dowd or his linesman supposed to know. We could have won that game without relying on a decision of a referee but we didn't.

Offline scoreinaminute

• Anny Roader
  • "Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic." Emlyn
« Reply #1735 on: May 6, 2012, 11:38:53 am »
Personally, I was hoping at half time that Enrique would come off with Kenny moving Johnson to left back, Henderson to right back (like at Blackburn, his best game of the season) with Carroll up top. But hey ho we gave it a good go in that last half hour to be fair. Can't wait for Tuesday now and a bit of revenge hopefully.
"If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing." Shanks

Offline DaveLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1736 on: May 6, 2012, 11:41:37 am »
Personally, I was hoping at half time that Enrique would come off with Kenny moving Johnson to left back, Henderson to right back (like at Blackburn, his best game of the season) with Carroll up top. But hey ho we gave it a good go in that last half hour to be fair. Can't wait for Tuesday now and a bit of revenge hopefully.

I do hope none of their keys players get injured on Tuesday. That would be a shame. Anyone hear how drogba is doing?

Offline 51cam

• Because 5 + 1 = 7 ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1737 on: May 6, 2012, 11:41:50 am »

Jez, I dunno. Finding it very difficult to get motivated for Tuesday.

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #1738 on: May 6, 2012, 11:42:20 am »
Can't believe so many had shit games. Enrique, from one of the buys of the season has had a dip in form at the wrong time - Can't believe little ol' ramieres got the better of him

PS: easy to say why carroll didn't come on earlier, yes he's been in decent-ish form but the way his season has gone he could have easily come on and been the "carroll is a waste of money" player people call him

PPS: Kenny, Y U no play Maxi :no
« Last Edit: May 6, 2012, 11:45:23 am by buzzing »
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1739 on: May 6, 2012, 11:42:55 am »

that's the biggest pile of shit i've ever heard
he did score firstly
it was a fantastic save by cech, carroll did everything right. it was one of those you'd say just hit the target and its in. if you're criticising carroll for that you really are clueless. you just have to give credit to the keeper in a situation like that. reactions were tremendous, i know reina in his current vein of form probably wouldn't even have reacted

hopefully we can ruin chelsea's champions league ambitions and beat them and they lose vs bayern

i think we all know andy carroll has to start that one

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1740 on: May 6, 2012, 11:47:04 am »
that's the biggest pile of shit i've ever heard
he did score firstly
it was a fantastic save by cech, carroll did everything right. it was one of those you'd say just hit the target and its in. if you're criticising carroll for that you really are clueless. you just have to give credit to the keeper in a situation like that. reactions were tremendous, i know reina in his current vein of form probably wouldn't even have reacted

hopefully we can ruin chelsea's champions league ambitions and beat them and they lose vs bayern

i think we all know andy carroll has to start that one

How is it a pile of shit?

He should of gone for the corner.

He didn't score as the goal wasn't given - FACT.

Offline Aaron Cross

• Hot for Megan, Transformer Troll...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1741 on: May 6, 2012, 11:49:12 am »
Agreed,if aurelio was actually fit and ready, I would of almost deffo subbed him at HT.
I would have Aurelio in front on Enrique every single time, heaps better player than the spaniard, but when he's fit ofcourse which isn't often..

Offline Rococo

• mo-sissoko
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1742 on: May 6, 2012, 11:51:00 am »
Not got much to say on it - we started slowly but were good for the last half hour.

I thought the team selection was about right, so really it was down to a few players underperforming.  Can't be arsed naming them all, just hope that those who had an off day build on that experience and those for whom this is the norm are moved on.

Carroll played really well when he came on and his recent form suggests that next season he can play an important part.

I'm 100% behind Kenny - hopefully a few key signings and the development of a few younger players will mean that we'll progress for next season.

royhendo

« Reply #1743 on: May 6, 2012, 11:59:05 am »