Author Topic: Liverpool 1-1 Man City (2-1): (Gerrard, pen) Half time.....  (Read 90527 times)

Offline dazzcarlos

• Main Stander
As big as an advantage having (depending of course the fas action) both ballotelli and lescott banned from the game, city have a large enough squad to fill those gaps effectively. This wont be an easy game in any sense of the word, but weve got to be up for it, and hope kenny stands by the threat of axing any players who just cant be arsed. The only ceratin ones i can see playing in this game is Reina, Gerrard, Bellamy, Agger, Skrtyl and Enrique. I can see Kelly starting and spearing, but ultimatly depends on how Kenny wants the formation and wether we go for another goal or hold out for 0-0 at Anfield, I hope we go for it.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
Gotta go 3 at the back for this one.

Reina

Skrtel        Carra       Agger
Johnson                                         Enrique
                   Adam   Henderson
        Gerrard                        Downing
                           Bellamy

We'll need to set up for a counter-attack. Obviously the key is whether little Spearing is fit for this game, he'll allow us to control the midfield a bit and keep up with David Silva.

The fear is, we have no true pace coming off the bench to give Bellamy a breather after 60 minutes. He simply has to play. Might be one to put Sterling or Ecclestone on the bench for, simply for their pace. We will be hoofing in this game, there is no doubt about it.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
just wondering who will play centre back if lescott and kompany dont play

savic and richards/zabaleta?
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
A lot of the lads need a kick up the arse for this. Would be tempted to start Shelvey and Henderson in the middle next to Gerrard, mainly for the fact that they won't just look to pass it to him because he's Gerrard.

Reina

Kelly            Skrtel             Agger

Johnson                                                         Enrique

Henderson

Gerrard                               Shelvey

Bellamy

Carroll                   

Offline Koplord

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
I'm hoping all the day trippers find a voice last thing we won't Wednesday is a cack atmosphere , we need anfield rocking  ;D
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor.

Offline dazzcarlos

• Main Stander
I'm hoping all the day trippers find a voice last thing we won't Wednesday is a cack atmosphere , we need anfield rocking  ;D

I dont think there will be many day trippers to this one, the first home game in the carling cup this season. Itll be bouncing

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
Mad to see this only on 5 pages, yet the Manchester United thread was on like 50 odd before it was locked.

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
Id like the same 11, bar Kelly in for Enrique again, Johnson switching sides.
Amend the formation so its a middle 3 of Gerrard, Adam(Spearing if fit), Henderson. Two wide players tucking in when were defending our half, supporting Carroll when going forward. We score first, we go through. Cagey start and the nervousness flows down from the stands onto the pitch.

Offline Koplord

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
I dont think there will be many day trippers to this one, the first home game in the carling cup this season. Itll be bouncing

I was surprised that the tickets went on general sale , hopefully anfield is rocking and the city players will bottle it
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor.

Offline dazzcarlos

• Main Stander
Mad to see this only on 5 pages, yet the Manchester United thread was on like 50 odd before it was locked.

Some people will see a game against united a "bigger" game with the fact its against a bigger rival, we play city on wednesday knowing its just a bunch of mercenary players who couldnt give a toss about city really. where as united have fans who care about the club and have players who care about the club. lets face it, city couldnt sell out at HOME in the first leg, ill be surprised if they sell out there away allocation. We all love games where theres more passion involved and it doesnt get much more passionate when we play our greatest foes.

I just hope people realise before kick off that we should be majorly passionate about a wembley cup final by beating city on wednesday night.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'd rather Lescott was banned than Balotelli, that way they'll have to play Savic.

Offline sattapaartridge

• Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
A lot of the lads need a kick up the arse for this. Would be tempted to start Shelvey and Henderson in the middle next to Gerrard, mainly for the fact that they won't just look to pass it to him because he's Gerrard.

Reina

Henderson

Bellamy

Carroll                   
Personally I don't like the idea of Carroll playing lone striker. I think he needs a body close to him, because he isnt able to do anything otherwise. He also offers nothing in counter-attack, so maybe play Downing alongside Bellamy simply because he has that pace we'll need on the counter?

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
Personally I don't like the idea of Carroll playing lone striker. I think he needs a body close to him, because he isnt able to do anything otherwise. He also offers nothing in counter-attack, so maybe play Downing alongside Bellamy simply because he has that pace we'll need on the counter?

Ie willing runners from midfield, either through the middle or in off the wings anticipating his flickons.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
Some people will see a game against united a "bigger" game with the fact its against a bigger rival, we play city on wednesday knowing its just a bunch of mercenary players who couldnt give a toss about city really. where as united have fans who care about the club and have players who care about the club. lets face it, city couldnt sell out at HOME in the first leg, ill be surprised if they sell out there away allocation. We all love games where theres more passion involved and it doesnt get much more passionate when we play our greatest foes.

I just hope people realise before kick off that we should be majorly passionate about a wembley cup final by beating city on wednesday night.

I just think it's crazy how people are clearly priotising that over this, when they're not even arsed about it, go on their forum, their thread is 2 pages long, 2 fucking pages, and ours it 50 odd, just feels like lately we are the 'Evertonians' in this rivalry with Utd, at the moment we obssess with them (I mean many wanting arsenal to win them when it don't benefit us in anyway yesterday) whilst at the same time they ain't bothered about us (they are now obviously 'cos we play them in their next game), they just point their finger now and then to have a chuckle at Carroll's first touch then they're onto something else.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
Biggest game of the season by a fucking mile, fuck the utd games, this is it. A chance to get to a cup final. These players fucking owe the supporters after saturday. If they can't be fucking bothered for this one then they can all fuck off.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline TheAshman

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Biggest game of the season by a fucking mile, fuck the utd games, this is it. A chance to get to a cup final. These players fucking owe the supporters after saturday. If they can't be fucking bothered for this one then they can all fuck off.

This. They embarressed themselves and the club and need to give a performance of the highest calibre to make up for it.

Offline dazzcarlos

• Main Stander
I just think it's crazy how people are clearly priotising that over this, when they're not even arsed about it, go on their forum, their thread is 2 pages long, 2 fucking pages, and ours it 50 odd, just feels like lately we are the 'Evertonians' in this rivalry with Utd, at the moment we obssess with them (I mean many wanting arsenal to win them when it don't benefit us in anyway yesterday) whilst at the same time they ain't bothered about us, just point their finger now and then to have a chuckle at Carroll's first touch then they're onto something else.

Unfortunatly i fully agree with everything there. what kind of fan thinks "fuck closing the gap on 4th, lets hope united get beat". surely united did us a favour. Lets stay on topic, we have city to deal first

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
Alright boys just a quick one, taking my grandad to this, and were in the kop rekon it will be normal standing procedure all game??

Should be - he needs to do what we do - have a kip at half time when everyone sits down!

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'd rather Lescott was banned than Balotelli, that way they'll have to play Savic.
They will have to play Savic anyway
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

The players will be up for this game though, and that's the problem, they're up for Man City at home but they couldn't give a fuck about Bolton away. Far as I'm concerned there's certain players I'd be quite happy to fuck off right now.

Offline sattapaartridge

• Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
Ie willing runners from midfield, either through the middle or in off the wings anticipating his flickons.

It's a tough one, depends on what kind of game you see us having. I see us being under the cosh for long periods, and instead of hoofing it up to one Carroll to flick the ball on for Bellamy, we could send the ball wide to either Bellamy or Downing to drive at Savic/Lescott with pace.

It's a shame that only Bellamy is capable of scoring!

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
Game will be won in midfield, and whether or not we can contain David Silva

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They will have to play Savic anyway

I'm thinking they might move Richards into the centre and play Zabaleta at right back.

Offline sattapaartridge

• Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
I'm thinking they might move Richards into the centre and play Zabaleta at right back.

Richards is pivotal to the way they attack, I'd personally welcome that move.

Game will be won in midfield, and whether or not we can contain David Silva

Pretty much. Lets hope he's at least a little bit tired from the Spurs game.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
not sure how long it took the fa to suspend gervinho for our game at the emirates this season

similar situation here
was actually alex song who got suspended, gervinho was sent off but song stamped on barton and got away with it then not afterwards
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
The players will be up for this game though, and that's the problem, they're up for Man City at home but they couldn't give a fuck about Bolton away. Far as I'm concerned there's certain players I'd be quite happy to fuck off right now.
I agree and disagree. For me that Bolton performance was criminal by pretty much all of them bar bellamy (and pepe). But it was nice to see that Kenny feels the same fucking way. I really hope that he's read the rule over the entire squad and made them fucking realise that that have 1 chance to put things right and that's this game against city. If they don't then there's kids waiting in the wings to try and take those positions away and he will let them, because lets be honest, i don't think the kids could play with that little passion.

So the squads got this wednesday to try and put things right, and pay back those that spend their hard earned cash travelling all over the land to support even the worst of drivel on the pitch. But what they have to realise is that just performing in this game isn't the required standard. It's performing in every game from now on and putting their all into saving both our season and their liverpool careers. Just the nest 2 games aren't the benchmark for saving their skins, it's the next game against someone who isn't supposed to be "as big" as us in the league.

But also, the tactics need to be right. We can't rock up on wednesday and stick 8 behind the ball with carroll up front and expect to just fight our way through 1-0, as we'll get battered. We need to set up to play our own game and play to beat them. Score the first goal on wed and city will have to really come at us, leaving gaps all over the place.

I'll finish with this. I can take losing, i can't take surrender. If we go out, play as well as we can, but still get knocked out, then so be it. But if we bend over and lube up like at bolton..... well i've said my bit on it now.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
Not looking forward to this, in all honesty

Unless we have Gerrard behind Carroll or Bellamy then we'll be setting out to defend the 1-0 advantage and hopefully catch them on the break

Midfield 3 of Adam Henderson and Jonjo. Yes, Adam has been shocking the last few games, but I'd rather see him play alongside those 2 than Gerrard who would be all over the pitch leaving holes in the midfield.

Back 5 of Johnson, Kelly, Skrtel, Agger and Enrique although Johnson and enrique would be wing backs.

Online andyrol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • might bring you boys a rabbit up in the week
if jay is fit i'd go :   
reina
johnson skrtel agger enrique
spearing
gerrard henderson
kuyt carroll bellamy

if jay is out:
reina
johnson skrtel carragher agger enrique
gerrard henderson
kuyt carroll bellamy

Offline henry

• Anny Roader
  • My chicken is better than yours
here my 2p.

i would like to see something like this:

Reina

Skrtel             Agger

Kelly/Carra/Spearing(if fit)

Gerrard                   Henderson

Downing                                           Bellamy

Carroll

Kelly/Carra start in the DM role instead of a 3 CBs lineup right away.
Gerrard, Downing and Bellamy up from the midfield to support Carroll and while that happening the formation move to a 4-2-3-1, with DM and Henderson form the "2".

It is not impossible, its just improbable

Offline Adamski LFC

• Kopite
  • Polymath, ... I think not
    • Dash Equestrian
here my 2p.

i would like to see something like this:

Reina

Skrtel             Agger

Kelly/Carra/Spearing(if fit)

Gerrard                   Henderson

Downing                                           Bellamy

Carroll

Kelly/Carra start in the DM role instead of a 3 CBs lineup right away.
Gerrard, Downing and Bellamy up from the midfield to support Carroll and while that happening the formation move to a 4-2-3-1, with DM and Henderson form the "2".

Like this with Spearing but would need a reorganise if he's not available
Hoping not to embarrass oneself should not be the ultimate aim when posting

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
I'd really like to see Stevie playing just off Carroll, think we'd see the best of both if that was the case.

--------------------------------Pepe---------------------------------

Johnson----------Agger--------------Skrtel------------Enrique

-------------------Henderson-----Spearing----------------------

Bellamy-------------------------------------------------Downing
-----------------------------Gerrard--------------------------------

------------------------------Carroll---------------------------------

Hopefuly Jay is fit for this anyway, think he'd make a huge difference.

Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline The Jackal

• GENESIS 1:1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent...
Hope to god that Spearing is available for this match, and if he is then I hope he is paired with Henderson in the middle. I don't really want to see Adam (and to a lesser extent, Gerrard) anywhere near a two man midfield in the absence of Lucas. I know Henderson isn't a great tackler, but at least he has good mobility and an awareness of what is going on around him on the pitch and the anticipation to deal with developing situations which Adam seems to lack. His distribution is also good and paied with Spearing it would be a good base for winning back and recycling the ball.

Normally the back five would stay the same, but I would actually play Kelly at right back for this. Not because I think Johnson is doing badly, but because I would actually use him further up the pitch. The reason being two-fold: 1) our options out wide are underperforming at the moment and Johnson can provide a lot of quality going forward, 2) since I imagine we are going to spend good portions of the match defending, he would provide extra solidity down that flank. So the back 5 would be Pepe, Kelly, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique.

for the other 3 attacking positions I would ideally go for Downing on the left, and Gerrard in behind Bellamy. I know Downing's been poor recently, but I reckon we're going to be playing on the break quite a bit and Jonson/ Downing/ Gerrard/ Bellamy would give us decent pace in all 4 attacking positions. The only concern would be whether Bellamy can play so soon after Saturday... if he can't start then I'd go for Dirk rather than Carroll for the extra mobility and closing down of their defenders.

If Jay isn't ready, then I'd drop Gerrard further back, and play Shelvey as part of a 3 in the middle.

So, with Bellamy and Spearing able to start:

-------------Reina---------------
Kelly--Skrtel-Agger--Enrique
----Henderson-Spearing------
Johnson--Gerrard --Downing
------------Bellamy-------------

without them:

-------------Reina---------------
Kelly--Skrtel-Agger--Enrique
-----Gerrard-Henderson-----
Johnson--Shelvey--Downing
-------------Kuyt-------------
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 02:54:22 pm by The Jackal »
Blanco y en botella. Es leche, no?

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
Biggest game for years - lets hope the lads go out and firmly put Saturdays debarcle behind them.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan

Reina

Henderson

Bellamy

Carroll                 
Kuyt for Carroll.

This "players always pass to Gerrard" is a myth.

And Spearing will play. ;)
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O

I think Mancini would be more likely to leave Richards where he is and play Zabaleta at centre half.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline LincsRedbob

• Legacy Fan
  • Hold your head up high
Thank fuk im coming up for this one. Will be in early aswell
Fought them all the way. Proud to be amongst some great supporters.

SOS member 4969        12.09.12 JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline StuartAdams

• Main Stander
  • Leap, and the net will appear.
I'm surprised that everyone is so excited about the Carling cup. How things have changed..

I do hope we win it though. Losing is a bad habit and winning is a great one, and this might help us getting into the habit of winning again. Our players need more experience in cups too.

I'm fairly confident about this game.

Offline HuytonRed_91

• Anny Roader
  • Scouser's rule the country
a lot of people and fans writing us off after a few bad games.

it is a total new game and you have to believe we can do the job.

we will rise to the occasion, when people write us off, we rise to prove them wrong.

write Liverpool football club off at your perrel
Come on you mighty reds

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
I'd actually be inclined to play Carra in this, as said before, these are the sorts of games were you can easily see him throwing his body infront shots all night long and pulling something out of nowhere to win the ball. Big Leader on the pitch aswell.

Offline StuartAdams

• Main Stander
  • Leap, and the net will appear.
I'd actually be inclined to play Carra in this, as said before, these are the sorts of games were you can easily see him throwing his body infront shots all night long and pulling something out of nowhere to win the ball. Big Leader on the pitch aswell.

I want Carragher to play in all the big games, so yes, I agree.