Author Topic: Cable/sat tv boxes  (Read 553767 times)

Offline tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Cable/sat tv boxes
« Reply #2160 on: January 14, 2016, 09:59:29 pm »
It was in Cardiff a couple of years ago. Asked question on devolution at the end. Be a shame if nobody ever sees it again because we may change our box...
just checked my regular torrent haunts but no joy...Sorry i can't help

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2161 on: January 15, 2016, 06:30:51 pm »
It was in Cardiff a couple of years ago. Asked question on devolution at the end. Be a shame if nobody ever sees it again because we may change our box...
Might cost a bit but can't you buy a dvd recorder and put it onto a dvd from the box?

Offline TLW 84

• Kopite
« Reply #2162 on: January 15, 2016, 10:37:59 pm »
just checked my regular torrent haunts but no joy...Sorry i can't help
Thanks for trying. :thumbup

Offline TLW 84

• Kopite
« Reply #2163 on: January 15, 2016, 10:39:34 pm »
Might cost a bit but can't you buy a dvd recorder and put it onto a dvd from the box?
Unfortunately, it's all encrypted and it won't allow you to do it. I was just hoping someone knew a way around it.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2164 on: January 15, 2016, 11:43:52 pm »
Unfortunately, it's all encrypted and it won't allow you to do it. I was just hoping someone knew a way around it.

Is this it?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/U_bd_7HJjGU&amp;t=50m26s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/U_bd_7HJjGU&amp;t=50m26s</a>
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline TLW 84

• Kopite
« Reply #2165 on: January 16, 2016, 09:45:31 am »
It is. I was going to ask the uploader if I could download it but there's some software I can get, apparently. So... Thanks.

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2166 on: January 28, 2016, 08:08:17 am »
I'm moving house in about 10 days and have had Sky for about 20 years. Is there a real alternative to binning it off completely and not operating any subscription service? Just to watch some TV shows, latest movies, LFC and Super League? I have an Xbox One and know that I can watch some stuff on that, what else would I need though?

Thanks

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2167 on: February 6, 2016, 12:12:52 pm »
Any way to update the channel lists with anything other than a USB stick? My premium channels went off the other day. Sports/Movies etc. Contaced my provider who said my line was fine, servers fine etc. he said I need to update the channel list and sent me a link. But I don't have a USB stick to do this, so looking another way if possible.

Anyone any ideas? My sub has expired and I've got a test for a new one, but still only getting some channels. No Sky Sports or Movies. The scan picks up 266 channels after about 55% but doesn't pick up anymore after that.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #2168 on: February 9, 2016, 04:48:25 pm »
Anyone any ideas? My sub has expired and I've got a test for a new one, but still only getting some channels. No Sky Sports or Movies. The scan picks up 266 channels after about 55% but doesn't pick up anymore after that.

Probably best to find the Freq of the channel you want mate and try do a manual scan hopefully it'll find the channels then.

Other than that on most boxes these days you need a USB to update the channel list. Or the Autoboquets plugin.
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2169 on: February 10, 2016, 09:17:25 pm »
I've got a USB stick. Can anyone give me, or link me to, step by step instructions on how to update my channel list? It's a cloud Ibox 3

Offline Ferg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2170 on: February 10, 2016, 09:36:59 pm »
http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/74983-idiots-guide-installing-sucmnsees-image-every-step-explained-detail.html

There you go mate.
Kind of get the gist of that, but what I want to know is; how do you subscribe to a CS server and add it to the box?
Who wouldn't want to kick someone called Ferguson?
Quote from: Rafa Benitez
A big heart has space for everyone.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2171 on: February 10, 2016, 10:32:58 pm »
I've fucked something up. The box is stuck at "boot" on the display. Nothing on the TV screen  :no :no :no

Offline marcus-g

• the unfriendly ghost
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2172 on: February 11, 2016, 01:19:13 am »
Kind of get the gist of that, but what I want to know is; how do you subscribe to a CS server and add it to the box?

Once you buy a sub, how you put it on the box depends on the box. Some boxes you'll add a CCcam.cfg file to the box via usb flashdrive, other boxes will need a newcamd.list file, again by usb flashdrive. The zgemma though you open the sub file in notepad on a computer. copy the text, connect to the box via ftp and paste it into a file on the box.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2173 on: February 11, 2016, 01:02:27 pm »
Is it possible to combine providers in AutoBouquetsMaker?

I've got 3 providers set up (Sky UK, Sky ROI and Freesat) but have 3 lots of each category on my channel listings. Any way to combine them into one?

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2174 on: February 11, 2016, 03:28:27 pm »

I've got 3 providers set up (Sky UK, Sky ROI and Freesat) but have 3 lots of each category on my channel listings. Any way to combine them into one?

Openvix on a vu+?
I have the same. I just manually copy Setanta, premier sports etc from the ie bouquet to the uk one. Then I just use the first set.

*from watching a channel*
Press up
Blue for favourites
Select bouquet you are copying from
Up/down to highlight the channel you want to copy
Menu
"Move to bouquet" (or similar)
Select destination bouquet

Its then the last channel, so I use move mode to move it up the list (menu, enable move mode, select channel, move up/down)

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #2175 on: February 11, 2016, 05:52:17 pm »
Whats a decent cheap box to buy that isnt a clone? not looking anything flashy like a twin tuner.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #2176 on: February 11, 2016, 08:00:41 pm »
Whats a decent cheap box to buy that isnt a clone? not looking anything flashy like a twin tuner.

You wont go wrong with a zgemma s

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2177 on: February 11, 2016, 08:14:24 pm »

thanks fella, is there a decent place to buy these from? scared of buying from fleabay in case its a clone of some sort.

ps. i ordered up a mag254 today.  hopefully its here in a few days.

thanks again.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2178 on: February 11, 2016, 08:15:21 pm »

Help me out with my problem above  ;D

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #2179 on: February 11, 2016, 08:54:55 pm »
thanks fella, is there a decent place to buy these from? scared of buying from fleabay in case its a clone of some sort.

ps. i ordered up a mag254 today.  hopefully its here in a few days.

thanks again.

The zgemma doesn't have a clone. Ive bought a few off eBay, £50ish?

Offline dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2180 on: February 12, 2016, 12:31:39 pm »
newer models are around £90

Offline portRUSHred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2181 on: February 12, 2016, 05:47:06 pm »
Help me out with my problem above  ;D
Your box is bricked!

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #2182 on: February 12, 2016, 05:51:31 pm »
newer models are around £90

He's after a single tuner mate. £50 off ebay

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #2183 on: February 12, 2016, 05:57:17 pm »
Your box is bricked!

Looks like it. Either flashed with the wrong image or an OTA update from Vix. Only way to fix it would be to reflash with a serial connection but I've never done it myself.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #2184 on: February 12, 2016, 06:45:28 pm »
Does anyone have an Amiko Mini Combo?

The old fella chose the wrong update on the box and our usual subscription update has disappeared off the box. The man who gave it to us doesn't have anything got to do with them anymore...

Is there anyway to return to the original subscription? Or get the proper subscription update to appear again?
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #2185 on: February 13, 2016, 09:22:26 pm »
Does anyone have an Amiko Mini Combo?

The old fella chose the wrong update on the box and our usual subscription update has disappeared off the box. The man who gave it to us doesn't have anything got to do with them anymore...

Is there anyway to return to the original subscription? Or get the proper subscription update to appear again?

I've never used this box before, but I'm guessing like its all the others and if you update the software id imagine you'd have to re enter your subscription and if it is like other boxes that means it's probably disappeared from the box all together and can't be retrieved.

I could be wrong. Hopefully I am.
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline lcjpm01

• Kopite
  • Sealed off car park.Whats it all about??
« Reply #2186 on: February 13, 2016, 09:36:45 pm »
If it is an enigma2 box then dreamset will do it, Also to Craig. use drreamset it is miles easer than doing it manually on a VU box

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2187 on: February 14, 2016, 06:28:19 am »
Your box is bricked!

I got a lot of free help of a rawkite (I say free, I defo owe you a few pints guigy) and my box is up and running. Problem is, I'm still having the same problem I was having in december. I don't get Sky channels. No sports/movies etc. The box has been reflashed, and we spent a goot 3/4 hours trying to sort everything out. Tries it using a different dish, same issue. No Sky sports or movies.

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2188 on: February 14, 2016, 11:23:43 am »
If it is an enigma2 box then dreamset will do it, Also to Craig. use drreamset it is miles easer than doing it manually on a VU box

So you run autoboquet maker then edit with this afterwards?
I will give it a go next time.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2189 on: February 15, 2016, 12:33:55 am »
This box is doing my fucking nut in. Updated channel list, still won't get sky sports or movies or most other channels  :no :no :no :no :no

Offline marcus-g

• the unfriendly ghost
  • Kopite
« Reply #2190 on: February 15, 2016, 03:01:51 am »
This box is doing my fucking nut in. Updated channel list, still won't get sky sports or movies or most other channels  :no :no :no :no :no

Not used an ibox but from the little i've read online, it sounds like your tuner is kaput

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2191 on: February 15, 2016, 10:15:04 am »
Is there a big difference between mag and sat boxes?  I know the mag uses bandwidth/streaming and sat boxes uses keys etc, is a mag less likely to freeze/glitch etc?

Im going to order a zgemma s in the next day or so, is there a step by step guide to get it flashed and up and running ready for a c line? its been so long since ive tampered with these sat boxes and i cant remember how everything works.

Im hoping to use the mag for anything sport related and the sat box for general viewing.

Offline marcus-g

• the unfriendly ghost
  • Kopite
« Reply #2192 on: February 15, 2016, 02:07:20 pm »
Is there a big difference between mag and sat boxes?  I know the mag uses bandwidth/streaming and sat boxes uses keys etc, is a mag less likely to freeze/glitch etc?

Im going to order a zgemma s in the next day or so, is there a step by step guide to get it flashed and up and running ready for a c line? its been so long since ive tampered with these sat boxes and i cant remember how everything works.

Im hoping to use the mag for anything sport related and the sat box for general viewing.

Never used a mag box to be honest. I use kodi on my sat box for movies, tv shows and i use the nbc sports addon with a £20 sub to get the games that are not on sky, bt or setanta. If you get a good line then id say 100% sat over iptv mate. IPTV subs compared to a line for your sat box are expensive.

Zgemma tutorial here too http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/74983-idiots-guide-installing-sucmnsees-image-every-step-explained-detail.html

Offline dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2193 on: February 15, 2016, 02:15:27 pm »
Never used a mag box to be honest. I use kodi on my sat box for movies, tv shows and i use the nbc sports addon with a £20 sub to get the games that are not on sky, bt or setanta. If you get a good line then id say 100% sat over iptv mate. IPTV subs compared to a line for your sat box are expensive.

Zgemma tutorial here too http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/74983-idiots-guide-installing-sucmnsees-image-every-step-explained-detail.html

can anyone recommend a uk sky line ?
got another test from a freeze free server at the weekend was unwatchable, every server I've tried that advertises freeze free is freezing.
its night and day compared to the cable server

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2194 on: February 15, 2016, 02:19:22 pm »

Thanks for the reply.

I didnt realize you could get kodi on a sat box. What sat box do you use for this? also, you mention the nbc sport addon, who do you take this sub out with? is the £20 per month/year?

Im going to cancel my sky package soon so im trying to get all this sorted before i do that.

The setup you have sounds perfect for me.  If i could get that i'd be set for everything i need.

Thanks again.

Offline marcus-g

• the unfriendly ghost
  • Kopite
« Reply #2195 on: February 15, 2016, 02:46:52 pm »
Box i use is an Amiko A3, has its advantages and disadvantages, The positives outweigh the negatives though for me.

It's only a single tuner, so you cant watch one channel and record another.
There are no autobouquets so i have to manually update my channel lists when there are frequency changes.

On the positive side, its dual boot, Android and the Satellite OS run side by side perfectly. Switching from Sat to Android takes literally as long as it takes to push a button on the remote.
Kodi runs perfectly.
You can install all your usual android apps (gmail,twitter,facebook,mobdro etc) The built in web browser is a bit shit but install chrome or firefox and get a mini wireless keyboard for a tenner and you're off to a flyer.
Adding the sub to the box is a piece of piss.
The sub for nbc sports was from someone on techkings. £20 for the year.
You'll need a US vpn for that addon though. I use privateinternetaccess.com

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2196 on: February 15, 2016, 03:11:41 pm »
Box i use is an Amiko A3, has its advantages and disadvantages, The positives outweigh the negatives though for me.

It's only a single tuner, so you cant watch one channel and record another.
There are no autobouquets so i have to manually update my channel lists when there are frequency changes.

On the positive side, its dual boot, Android and the Satellite OS run side by side perfectly. Switching from Sat to Android takes literally as long as it takes to push a button on the remote.
Kodi runs perfectly.
You can install all your usual android apps (gmail,twitter,facebook,mobdro etc) The built in web browser is a bit shit but install chrome or firefox and get a mini wireless keyboard for a tenner and you're off to a flyer.
Adding the sub to the box is a piece of piss.
The sub for nbc sports was from someone on techkings. £20 for the year.
You'll need a US vpn for that addon though. I use privateinternetaccess.com

Thanks for the indepth reply.  It certainly sounds like an all in one package.  How much would i expect to pay for that sat box? (just so i can check on prices on ebay etc). is it much of a pain manually doing the bouquets?

Also, with regards to the nbc add on, do you have to enter the VPN details into the box/addon or is this done via the router?

Thanks for the help, i appreciate it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 03:14:38 pm by Teapot »

Offline marcus-g

• the unfriendly ghost
  • Kopite
« Reply #2197 on: February 15, 2016, 03:21:15 pm »
Just a case of downloading a channel list, put it on a flashdrive, connect it to the box and import it.
Had mine since they were released in 2014, paid £169 for mine.
Can get them now from amiko.co.uk for £99.
They had a massive sale new year sold them for £59, got another couple for family and friends.
You just install the privateinternetaccess android app on the box. Input your username and password then connect.

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2198 on: February 15, 2016, 03:41:48 pm »
Ah excellent, its cheap enough then.  Thats me sold!  Think i'll send this mag back once it arrives seeing as this is the more suitable option.

Ill have to check out that link to the nbc sub you posted.  hopefully its straight forward buying one.  Ill get that box ordered up tomorrow, so i may have a few questions later in the week for you :D

Next on the list is finding a sky sub that doesnt freeze or glitch much.  anyone any recommendations?

Thanks for all the help marcus, i appreciate it fella!

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2199 on: February 15, 2016, 03:43:50 pm »
Not used an ibox but from the little i've read online, it sounds like your tuner is kaput

Yeah I've came to this conclusion myself too. Any idea if it can be fixed, or is it time for a new box?