Author Topic: Jordan Henderson-Officially a Liverpool player- Discussion  (Read 266826 times)

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
On the official. Welcome lad.

Liverpool Football Club have completed the signing of Jordan Henderson after the 20-year-old passed a medical and agreed personal terms.

Henderson travelled to Merseyside on Wednesday after a fee was agreed with Sunderland. He then underwent a medical examination in Liverpool before signing a long-term deal.

The midfielder has now joined the England U21 squad in Denmark as they prepare for the European Championships.

Henderson's first game after completing his transfer is likely to be against Spain U21s on Sunday.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 05:20:52 am by Malaysian Kopite »
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline joe_m

• Anny Roader
  • CLE
Re: Jordan Henderson-Officaially a Liverpool player.
« Reply #1 on: June 9, 2011, 08:05:38 pm »
Any updates on what number he'll be?

Offline Brultus

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2 on: June 9, 2011, 08:06:13 pm »
Welcome
Don't listen to me. My opinions tend to be wrong. I once said Lucas wasn't good enough for Liverpool.

Offline Nebnotsew

• Kopite
« Reply #3 on: June 9, 2011, 08:06:52 pm »
Good luck Jordan
Quote from: Rafael Benitez
I was born Spanish, I am no longer as thin (the anxiety doesn’t help), and yes, sometimes I help serving the dinner.

Offline Bavaria

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: June 9, 2011, 08:06:56 pm »

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: June 9, 2011, 08:07:04 pm »
Wooohoooo! Welcome to Anfield Jordan.  Looking forward to seeing you play :)
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline selas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kemlynite
  • Look at the Phoenix Rising From the Flame$
« Reply #6 on: June 9, 2011, 08:07:13 pm »
official site down probably due to SWOT  :no
"Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor.”

Offline babraham

• blincoln. Likes to have man crushes cos he's so pretty, oh so pretty (vacant).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: June 9, 2011, 08:07:23 pm »
Welcome Jordan!!! :scarf
The imbecile formerly known as babraham. But now called babraham again! Though still an imbecile. Sadly.

Klopp: "We have to change from doubters to believers...NOW"

Offline charles

• Main Stander
« Reply #8 on: June 9, 2011, 08:07:46 pm »
First of many I hope.

Offline callanlfc5times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: June 9, 2011, 08:07:50 pm »
This was unexpected. Welcome.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
JUSTICE
FOR THE 96
JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mattsant

• Legacy Fan
  • SOS #9517
« Reply #10 on: June 9, 2011, 08:07:58 pm »
Good luck jordan

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: June 9, 2011, 08:08:14 pm »
Jordan Henderson granted his one and only interview after completing his switch to Anfield to Liverpoolfc.tv. Watch it all or read the transcript below.

We were with the 20-year-old as he penned a long-term deal at Melwood and afterwards he spoke about his ambitions at Liverpool and his talks with Kenny Dalglish.

Can you put into words how you are feeling right now?

Not really! I'm over the moon, overjoyed to be here and I'm really looking forward to it.

What was your initial reaction when you heard of Liverpool's interest?

I was flattered to know Liverpool were interested in me and, once I knew, it was a massive decision for me to make but also a massive opportunity.

How difficult was it for you to leave your local club?

Obviously it's hard to leave your local club. I'm a Sunderland lad, I've supported them all my life. But I'm really looking forward to the future now and obviously this is a massive opportunity for me. I'm really excited by it.

Did you seek advice from anyone about the decision?

Yes, obviously my family are all Sunderland fans as well, and it's pretty tough because I've had some great years there. I've been there since I was seven and I'll definitely miss it but, like I say, I'm looking forward to playing for Liverpool now.

There is a lot of competition for places here - is that something you're ready for?

Definitely. Coming to a massive club like Liverpool, there is always going to be competition. Hopefully I can keep working hard, keep improving, and get my chance on the pitch.

One player you'll be playing alongside is Steven Gerrard - how exciting is that for you and how big a role model has he been over the years?

He is one of the best players in the world, you want to be playing with him and training with him to try and improve yourself as a player. I've trained with him once (for England) and he was unbelievable, to be honest. I'm looking forward to it, and there are other good players here who can help me as well. Steven has been a massive, massive player for Liverpool for years now and he still is. Hopefully I can learn a lot from him.

And how does the thought of playing at Anfield every week sound?

I cannot wait to play at Anfield in front of the Liverpool fans and everything. I'm just excited and I want to get going.

What about Kenny Dalglish - are you looking forward to working with him over the next few years?

Yes, of course. He's done brilliantly since he came back to the club. He's done such a good job in such a short space of time. Hopefully he'll carry on doing that. I've already spoken to him and he's been brilliant with me so far. I'm really looking forward to it.

What kind of things were said between you?

I basically just thanked him for bringing me here. He seemed just as pleased as I was and that's obviously a good thing! It was all positive.

It's the start of an exciting new era at the club. What do you believe you can achieve here?

There is a lot to achieve. It's a massive club and we've seen over the last few months how good they are. So I'm just coming here to learn and try to improve my game and I'm sure that along the way there will be a lot of happy memories.

It must be in your mind that you could win trophies here?

Yes, of course. You come to a big club and you want to win things. Liverpool have won a lot in the past and hopefully there is a lot more to come in the future.

Lots of other clubs were reportedly interested in you - do you believe Liverpool is the best place for your development and for you to realise your football dreams?

Yes, definitely. Liverpool's definitely the place to help me come on as a player, and improve me. The club's going in the right direction and it can go as high as it wants.

You're the first major summer signing at Anfield - what's your message to the fans?

I'd like to tell them that I'm over the moon to be here and they will see me giving everything I've got in every game I play. Hopefully they'll enjoy watching me as much as I'll enjoy playing for this club.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/henderson-the-first-interview
« Last Edit: June 9, 2011, 08:11:10 pm by Malaysian Kopite »

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Chirpy Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Anfield might be million miles away but it's home
« Reply #12 on: June 9, 2011, 08:08:16 pm »
Spelt officially wrong ;)

Welcome Henderson!

Offline thom

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: June 9, 2011, 08:08:44 pm »
Welcome Jordan  :D

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: June 9, 2011, 08:09:24 pm »
Welcome.

Comolli gives me the creeps.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #15 on: June 9, 2011, 08:09:52 pm »
JimmyRiceWriter Jimmy Rice
Henderson deal not dependent on Ngog. #LFC have allowed Sunderland to talk to him. See full Comolli interview on .tv now.

Offline Sensational_Raul

• Kopite
« Reply #16 on: June 9, 2011, 08:09:57 pm »
Lucenderson in the midfield :D

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: June 9, 2011, 08:10:01 pm »
Jordan Henderson granted his one and only interview after completing his switch to Anfield to Liverpoolfc.tv. Watch it all or read the transcript below.

We were with the 20-year-old as he penned a long-term deal at Melwood and afterwards he spoke about his ambitions at Liverpool and his talks with Kenny Dalglish.

Can you put into words how you are feeling right now?

Not really! I'm over the moon, overjoyed to be here and I'm really looking forward to it.

What was your initial reaction when you heard of Liverpool's interest?

I was flattered to know Liverpool were interested in me and, once I knew, it was a massive decision for me to make but also a massive opportunity.

Obviously it's hard to leave your local club. I'm a Sunderland lad, I've supported them all my life. But I'm really looking forward to the future now and obviously this is a massive opportunity for me. I'm really excited by it.

Did you seek advice from anyone about the decision?

Yes, obviously my family are all Sunderland fans as well, and it's pretty tough because I've had some great years there. I've been there since I was seven and I'll definitely miss it but, like I say, I'm looking forward to playing for Liverpool now.

There is a lot of competition for places here - is that something you're ready for?

Definitely. Coming to a massive club like Liverpool, there is always going to be competition. Hopefully I can keep working hard, keep improving, and get my chance on the pitch.

One player you'll be playing alongside is Steven Gerrard - how exciting is that for you and how big a role model has he been over the years?

He is one of the best players in the world, you want to be playing with him and training with him to try and improve yourself as a player. I've trained with him once (for England) and he was unbelievable, to be honest. I'm looking forward to it, and there are other good players here who can help me as well. Steven has been a massive, massive player for Liverpool for years now and he still is. Hopefully I can learn a lot from him.

And how does the thought of playing at Anfield every week sound?

I cannot wait to play at Anfield in front of the Liverpool fans and everything. I'm just excited and I want to get going.

What about Kenny Dalglish - are you looking forward to working with him over the next few years?

Yes, of course. He's done brilliantly since he came back to the club. He's done such a good job in such a short space of time. Hopefully he'll carry on doing that. I've already spoken to him and he's been brilliant with me so far. I'm really looking forward to it.

I basically just thanked him for bringing me here. He seemed just as pleased as I was and that's obviously a good thing! It was all positive.

It's the start of an exciting new era at the club. What do you believe you can achieve here?

There is a lot to achieve. It's a massive club and we've seen over the last few months how good they are. So I'm just coming here to learn and try to improve my game and I'm sure that along the way there will be a lot of happy memories.

It must be in your mind that you could win trophies here?

Yes, of course. You come to a big club and you want to win things. Liverpool have won a lot in the past and hopefully there is a lot more to come in the future.

Lots of other clubs were reportedly interested in you - do you believe Liverpool is the best place for your development and for you to realise your football dreams?

Yes, definitely. Liverpool's definitely the place to help me come on as a player, and improve me. The club's going in the right direction and it can go as high as it wants.

You're the first major summer signing at Anfield - what's your message to the fans?

I'd like to tell them that I'm over the moon to be here and they will see me giving everything I've got in every game I play. Hopefully they'll enjoy watching me as much as I'll enjoy playing for this club.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/henderson-the-first-interview
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline gazza1976

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #18 on: June 9, 2011, 08:10:10 pm »
welcome lad
JFT96 Y.N.W.A

Offline BFM

• Legacy Fan
  • Compulsive hyperbolic exaggerator
Re: Jordan Henderson-Officially a Liverpool player.
« Reply #19 on: June 9, 2011, 08:10:21 pm »
Welcome Henderson lad
If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.

Offline HoinkDoink

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: June 9, 2011, 08:10:35 pm »
Welcome to Liverpool FC Jordan

YNWA
Liverpool FC
Stop for the Klopp!

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=294839.0 - RAWK Soccer Manager Thread, Come Play

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: June 9, 2011, 08:10:40 pm »
Spelt officially wrong ;)

Welcome Henderson!
Kinell. Just noticed. Rushed to be the threadstarter.

Offline Picklez

• Kopite
« Reply #22 on: June 9, 2011, 08:11:02 pm »
welcome and good luck to the lad  :D

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #23 on: June 9, 2011, 08:11:05 pm »
Welcome lad :)
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline McMagicman

• Main Stander
« Reply #24 on: June 9, 2011, 08:11:09 pm »
Dont get me wrong, I LOVE the current setup we have.
Camolli spotting young talent and brokering deals, Clarkes tactical expertise and King Kenny rallying the lads... but I just dont like to see the first official pictue of a new player to be with Comolli.
It almost feels like Kenny had very little to do with this signin.

that aside, i'm very happy with this signing.

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #25 on: June 9, 2011, 08:12:41 pm »
Great news, the fee will always be under question whatever it may be but it is a real positive sign and signal of intent.

Looking forward to many years of watching the chap.  Welcome YNWA.

Offline Chinbits

• Has a Purpoise in life
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Factor 3rd Place WINNER
« Reply #26 on: June 9, 2011, 08:12:48 pm »
He likes the word 'Massive'
Hold a powerful magnet against your stomach and then run it up your body until it's under your chin.

While wearing your mum's skin as a hat.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: June 9, 2011, 08:12:55 pm »

I wonder what Newcastle and Sunderland fans will think about the prospect of Henderson crossing to Carroll.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: June 9, 2011, 08:13:56 pm »
Woo! Welcome to Liverpool Jordan!

I'm really excited about this lad. He has bags of talent and he'll grow into a beast of a player under the tutelage of Kenny and Stevie G.

Can't wait to see him pull on that red shirt for the first time. :D

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: June 9, 2011, 08:14:42 pm »
I wonder what Newcastle and Sunderland fans will think about the prospect of Henderson crossing to Carroll.

They play for Liverpool, for a lot of Sunderland and Newcastle fans that's bad enough on it's own.

Offline TheDpoLenz without the please like

• Loves to cream himself - but never on the face... cainarbatonmai
  • Legacy Fan
  • sound,,,,,,
« Reply #30 on: June 9, 2011, 08:15:04 pm »
Woo! Welcome to Liverpool Jordan!

I'm really excited about this lad. He has bags of talent and he'll grow into a beast of a player under the tutelage of Kenny and Stevie G.

Can't wait to see him pull on that red shirt for the first time. :D

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #31 on: June 9, 2011, 08:15:36 pm »
Nice positive interview, welcome Jordan and good luck. :)
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redsox0411

• I've got a crappy one but I've learned to live with it.....it is kind of selfexplanatory.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: June 9, 2011, 08:15:56 pm »
Welcome Jordan to the best club in the world.

A good interview, and it is apparent that he will contribute from the go according to DC.

Especially  liked this bit concerning his meeting with the King;

Offline givemekaliber

• Official Gimp to the Transfer Forum!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leather Bottle - Halewood
« Reply #33 on: June 9, 2011, 08:16:13 pm »
He likes the word 'Massive'
Over the moon like
Tommy Smith is better looking than Sophia Loren

Suarez is an utter lunatic

Smoke bombs/grenades/pyros/giros are necessary

Offline m4Rco

• Kopite
  • wat
« Reply #34 on: June 9, 2011, 08:16:36 pm »
Welcome, again. :) Class interview, sounds very promising.
#8 Steven Gerrard
There was no miracle in Istanbul. It was just a man inspiring other men to victory. A man with whom you'll never walk alone.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #35 on: June 9, 2011, 08:17:44 pm »
OliverKayTimes Oliver Kay
Sunderland saying £19.25m. #LFC saying £16m. Must be £16m with £3.25m add-ons. Ngog in talks with #SAFC over separate deal

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: June 9, 2011, 08:18:15 pm »
Why?

If Ngog had gone the other way that'd been a brilliant bit of business

Comolli said the figures quoted in the press aren't correct. Seemed quite smug about it too. As for Ngog, I like him and could be a usedul player but he needs game time to improve - I doubt he'll get that here.

Comolli just looks creepy, wouldn't like to hitch a ride home with him.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline barneystuta

• Legacy Fan
    • This Is Analysis - Stories & Analysis about Liverpool Football Club
« Reply #37 on: June 9, 2011, 08:18:47 pm »
He got a song yet?

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #38 on: June 9, 2011, 08:19:00 pm »
Welcome to LFC. Can't wait to see him play!!
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd

Offline wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
  • 'You'll Never Walk Alone.'
    • Teach Maths
« Reply #39 on: June 9, 2011, 08:19:19 pm »
Welcome to LFC Jordan. Can't say I have watched him play much,  but hopeful for the future.