Author Topic: Yahoo's 99 Greatest TV Characters since Tony Soprano (so basically of the 2000s)  (Read 28186 times)

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
I'm going to have to watch The Wire again soon.. I forget just how many great characters there are in that.

Even kids like Wallace, Randy, Michael are all brilliant characters.
Just looked through this list: http://www.buzzfeed.com/kelleylcarter/ranking-the-characters-on-hbos-the-wire-by-likability#.hoXRx7B7l

There's just so many characters to include, Landsman, Cutty, D'Angelo, Bunny Colvin, Wee-Bay,etc. Amazing cast.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Coach Taylor not in the Top 10. :-X

Surprised given the critical love of FNL.

Walter and Omar surely 1&2.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
He is basically the exact same in every episode

Christ, Big Bang theory is shite and Sheldon is a one note character
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I like Homeland but Carrie in top 20?! :o

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
No Nucky Thompson?

He's really not that great a character but I expect to see him there.

1. Walter White
2. Omar Little
3. Don Draper
4. Tyrion Lannister
5. Liz Lemon
6. Hannah Horvath?
7. Jed Barlet?
8. ??
9. Nucky Thompson

Could be one more Wire or Boardwalk character in there too I suppose.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 05:19:20 am by Redcap »

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
He's really not that great a character but I expect to see him there.

Really? Thought he was a great character.

Offline DrTobiasFunke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
13. Valerie Cherish, The Comeback

Wasn't expecting to see her in there - great character. Paulie G should have been on the list too.

Sheldon so far ahead of Abed really says it all about lists like this though. Two characters attempting to convey similar things and the completely two dimensional one is streets ahead of the thought provoking, human one.

Swearengen didn't win overall so Gaius Baltar gets my next vote now.

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
Still no one from prison break?

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
Really? Thought he was a great character.

He was the straight man in a cast of great characters. Not a bad character, but rarely centre stage. When the spotlight was on him, he didn't really shine. First he was overshadowed by Jimmy, then Owen/Gyp, fourth season by Chalky. 5th season he was the main man, but at least I wasn't that attached to him by this stage and found the whole origin story thing to be a bit shoehorned.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
Still no one from prison break?
And so there shouldn't be.

Now, this guy and the rest of his crew...are any on the list?

Also, Rust  Cohle needs to be in the top 10.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 10:39:51 pm by Macphisto80 »

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Dissapointment coming everyones way

40. Rust Cohle, True Detective
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
How far down is Walter Bishop : 0

Absurd.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I like Homeland but Carrie in top 20?! :o

Higher than McNulty?

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Up to you  ;D

Thing is with these type of lists, up to the top 10 then it's just a bit of a free for all really, with anyone noteworthy going in so as not to leave the popular ones out

I will do my one for the 2000s. Just number 1 is in order, the rest are interchangeable

1. Michael Scholfield- Prison Break
2. Stabler- Special Victims Unit
3. Dr House- House
4. Adebisi- Oz
5. Schillinger- Oz
6. Harvey Spectre- Suits
7. Joy- My Name is Earl
8. Ari Gold -Entourage
9. Avon Barksdale- The Wire
10. Syler- Heroes

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
I will do my one for the 2000s. Just number 1 is in order, the rest are interchangeable

1. Michael Scholfield- Prison Break
Do you work for Yahoo?
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
Final group is up.  Some expected, some very unexpected names.

Hadn't even considered Stephen Colberts show persona in this at all, but technically it is a character i guess.
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
2. Stabler- Special Victims Unit
I'm stunned neither he or Benson made it on to the list.

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
I knew they were going to put Michael Scott above David Brent. Sums up how awful the entire list is. And I love 30 Rock, and am in love with Tina Fey, but Liz Lemon is not the best TV character of this millenium.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
List is ridiculous.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
I knew they were going to put Michael Scott above David Brent. Sums up how awful the entire list is. And I love 30 Rock, and am in love with Tina Fey, but Liz Lemon is not the best TV character of this millenium.

Liz Lemon and Stephen Colbert (as a fucking TV "character"?) in the top 10 - all it's missing is the inclusion of the "character" John Stewart in there. They've clearly drunk the Kool-Aid. Nothing wrong with Liz in isolation, but at the top, for fuck's sake? Once again, just a pack of c*nts making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France. Fuck off. I guess I've got anger issues or something, because this list is really fucking pissing me off. Not because I care about the actual list like, but because you'd think after 46 years the world would stop being so confusing to me, yet I'm still sat here thinking the same thing I thought in 7th grade or any other time before or since, which is: "What the fuck is wrong with people?" Bunch of Bon-Jovi loving c*nts probably put this together. I don't know. Fuck off.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
No Sarah Lund, arguably one of TV's greatest female characters, invalidates the whole thing for me.  Ho-hum.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
No Nucky Thomson. The Girlmore Girls at number 6.

What a farce.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
Liz Lemon and Stephen Colbert (as a fucking TV "character"?) in the top 10 - all it's missing is the inclusion of the "character" John Stewart in there. They've clearly drunk the Kool-Aid. Nothing wrong with Liz in isolation, but at the top, for fuck's sake? Once again, just a pack of c*nts making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France. Fuck off. I guess I've got anger issues or something, because this list is really fucking pissing me off. Not because I care about the actual list like, but because you'd think after 46 years the world would stop being so confusing to me, yet I'm still sat here thinking the same thing I thought in 7th grade or any other time before or since, which is: "What the fuck is wrong with people?" Bunch of Bon-Jovi loving c*nts probably put this together. I don't know. Fuck off.

Beautiful post :)

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Love Liz Lemon but as a character Jack Donaghy is the best in 30 Rock. Kenneth is brilliant too. Good the show is getting recognition but it does seem odd to put her up there.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm

:lmao :lmao
:D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Michael Scott that high?! Brent mused....
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Alan Shore was far more interesting in Boston Legal than Danny Crane

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
John Locke not even in the top 100 :lmao

The plot of LOST aside there were some fantastic characters on there.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
John Locke not even in the top 100 :lmao

The plot of LOST aside there were some fantastic characters on there.
Yep. Him, Sawyer, Desmond, Charlie, Mr Eko, Hurley and out of all of them it was Ben Linus they chose. Weird.

Still think Sheldon Cooper in the top 20 is the biggest pisstake in the whole list.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 07:45:58 pm by Sir Psycho Sexy »

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
Yep. Him, Sawyer, Desmond, Charlie, Mr Eko, Hurley and out of all of them it was Ben Linus they chose. Weird.

Still think Sheldon Cooper in the top 20 is the biggest pisstake in the whole list.

I wouldn't argue against Ben being in the top 100 though.

John Locke
Desmond
Sawyer or Mr. Eko
Charlie
Hurley

Be in that order for me.

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
Agreed about LOST characters.. John Locke and Desmond would be top 30 for me, both brilliant.

That top 10 is laughable.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
These lists are always the same. Absolute dogshite.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
No President Bartlet  :butt :butt :butt
AHA!

Offline 10 years on

• Legacy Fan
No tee-bag is a discrace.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
I wouldn't argue against Ben being in the top 100 though.

definitely not, but out of all the LOST characters, they chose him, which I don't think is right

No tee-bag is a discrace.
way better than schofield, and yes, should be in there
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 02:05:55 am by Sir Psycho Sexy »

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
Batiatus from Spartacus also deserves to be in top 100.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
Sheldon fucking Cooper in the top 20. Unbelievable.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
pile of Twitter prodding shite as expected....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
What an ahsolute load of crap! Sheldon fucking Cooper inside the top twenty.....a more one dimentional "character" you would struggle to find!

Awfful list written by a clot or clots!

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
Rust Cohle...closely followed by Don Draper...then briefcase Wanker