Author Topic: FAN UPDATE - Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas  (Read 223875 times)

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
Be aware that there is a wind blowing within the Club and that ticketing generally is being looked at.

The local sales were abused for all but the last match - estimates of 60% been touted were mentioned and we nearly lost the allocation for locals but the recent selling changes are making it harder (but not impossible) to tout.

In the next couple of seasons there will be a ST amnesty with STs getting put in the name of the right users and then probably through technology it will be impossible to pass them on. There is talk of having a 'friends and family' scheme where you can nominate up to say five people each season and to whom you can allocate the ticket say three or four times in total a season, otherwise you put the ticket back into the Club for any game you can't make.

Same with aways and GAs - purchaser of ticket has to use it (with some limited leeway).

It's coming.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 11:22:42 am by Graham Smith »
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
Re: Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas
« Reply #1 on: February 3, 2017, 06:54:26 pm »
Be aware that there is a wind blowing within the Club and that ticketing generally is being looked at.

The local sales were abused for all but the last match - estimates of 60% been touted were mentioned and we nearly lost the allocation for locals but the recent selling changes are making it harder (but not impossible) to tout.

In the next couple of seasons there will be a ST amnesty with STs getting put in the name of the right users and then probably through technology it will be impossible to pass them on. There is talk of having a 'friends and family' scheme where you can nominate up to say five people each season and to whom you can allocate the ticket say three or four times in total a season, otherwise you put the ticket back into the Club for any game you can't make.

Same with aways and GAs - purchaser of ticket has to use it (with some limited leeway).

It's coming.

Not sure I like the technology part you're talking about.
I assume fingerprints must be the way forward?

The club can't even send out tickets in time, put a simple note on someone's account after you contacted them or any other simple basic task. With that in mind I barely trust them taking payment for the tickets I purchase..
Giving them access to my fingerprints (if that's the idea) isn't something I can say I'd like the idea of!

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #2 on: February 3, 2017, 09:42:45 pm »

It's coming.
I think it is good they are looking at it though hrd on some who have had to use others for aways if they wanted to go, unless the credits go to them...

But one step at a time. I think it's a shame so many local tkts are touted (if they are right) but they can look at how they are doing it to help lower that a lot surely...?
« Last Edit: February 6, 2017, 04:12:14 pm by Shanklygates »
We are a team of one half.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #3 on: February 3, 2017, 10:27:09 pm »

It's coming.

Think this would be a real game changer. The credits required for tickets would drop considerably in my opinion

Graham - what processes did the club put in place to stop local Evertonians or other supporters from buying and selling for a 400% mark up?
« Last Edit: February 3, 2017, 10:39:49 pm by Always_A_Red »
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: February 4, 2017, 10:55:06 am »
Think this would be a real game changer. The credits required for tickets would drop considerably in my opinion

Graham - what processes did the club put in place to stop local Evertonians or other supporters from buying and selling for a 400% mark up?

They have made the sale much closer to the game and you have to pick the tickets up at the ground only a few days before the game and show ID, slightly disrupts touts.

And as has been said there has been more spot checking in the local sale areas - scores have been banned since the start of the season
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: February 4, 2017, 11:04:33 am »
What will happen with season tickets/members and also aways Graham? I saw Jay Mckenna outside the HJC shop one game in October and was asking him about random cards being confiscated when passed on at face value. He said there will be a season ticket amnesty soon and after that it will get more draconian. What exactly do they have planned, and what will be done with aways?

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 4, 2017, 11:24:41 am »
What will happen with season tickets/members and also aways Graham? I saw Jay Mckenna outside the HJC shop one game in October and was asking him about random cards being confiscated when passed on at face value. He said there will be a season ticket amnesty soon and after that it will get more draconian. What exactly do they have planned, and what will be done with aways?

No formal discussions yet but the amnesty has been mooted for a couple of years. The new MS had to be finished before they started looking at it though.

Things that have been mentioned is to first get the season tickets in the right names of those using them - there are some people who legitimately have two, three or more season tickets in one name (you could buy batches in the 1990s). There are people who have been using a deceased relative's ticket for years who should be allowed to succeed to them. There will be hundreds of decent reasons why the user should get their name on a ticket in someone else's name.

Once that has been achieved then some technology might be used to make sure that the user is the owner but maybe allow a little flexibility - you might be able to add say five or six 'friends and family' at the start of each season who you could pass to a total of say three or four times a season. But there would be zero tolerance for passing on outside the rules. Zero.

Same for aways - credit hunting would end as the same connection between the buyer and user would be created but some latitude again for those that might miss one or two aways a season to be allowed to pass on and keep the credit.

Both sets of changes would see more STs released to help the waiting list and also target the touts and credit hunters for aways.

Idea is to ask supporters for views and ideas - one suggestion was if you bought from a tout for an away you tell the Club but you get the credit transferred to you and the tout loses all of theirs and gets banned.

Also I think we ask that the club exchange is changed so you get a full credit for the cost of the ticket if you return it to be re-used, hardly anyone uses it as they take a charge for recycling it and then sell it for the full value. Removing the charge would encourage people to recycle properly.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: February 4, 2017, 11:40:53 am »
Both sets of changes would see more STs released to help the waiting list and also target the touts and credit hunters for aways.

Idea is to ask supporters for views and ideas.

Graham,
Personal point of view. No facts to back this up + never please everyone. Throwing it out there.
The ST list allowed people to be 'entitled' to one.
I'd love to see some new rules brought in that says if you end up getting offered one, you have to at least be going to x amount of games already.
Wonder how many on the list after new main stand got offered one who either don't go, rarely go, or bought one and sold it on - I bet a number did.

Any help for those of us members on 19+ for years and years but not on the ST would be great. We seem to be the forgotten lot who get the most hassle and most to lose.
It's not related to touting, but still a big issue.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 4, 2017, 11:45:17 am »
Hmmmm. Some interesting ideas. Not sure if people would be keen for technology, depending what it is. I certainly wouldn't want the club holding my fingerprints and nor would many others.

As for aways, I'm not quite sure how technology could be implemented. I think the ideas have some good points but would need a common sense approach and not a 'lets confisacte and ban loads' approach.

As for reporting a touted away and getting a credit, that is a potential can of worms. Allows those who can afford to pay touts a few times to jump up the ladder. And hard to prove. One person's word against another's as to what was paid.

As for the season ticket exchange, the full value would definitely help. Currently it is three quarters of the matchday price that is credited back. However bare in mind season tickets price per match is lower than members prices. But yes, season tickets should get 1/19 of their season ticket cost credited per match returned to encourage more use of it.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: February 4, 2017, 11:46:43 am »
Graham,
Personal point of view. No facts to back this up + never please everyone. Throwing it out there.
The ST list allowed people to be 'entitled' to one.
I'd love to see some new rules brought in that says if you end up getting offered one, you have to at least be going to x amount of games already.
Wonder how many on the list after new main stand got offered one who either don't go, rarely go, or bought one and sold it on - I bet a number did.

Any help for those of us members on 19+ for years and years but not on the ST would be great. We seem to be the forgotten lot who get the most hassle and most to lose.
It's not related to touting, but still a big issue.

D,

I think that is highly unlikely - the Club will say that they invested time and effort into the waiting list and people also paid to be on it. I think they will push any reclaimed STs towards the list first and foremost.

Also they won't be able to sell them on and will have to use them.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: February 4, 2017, 12:00:24 pm »
This is true. If everything was based on genuine attendance, I think I go enough games to still qualify for the loyalty sales. Under the current system there is no option but to credit hunt, the bulk sales would be 10+ maximum if based on genuine attendance.

Offline hawkwind

• Anny Roader
« Reply #11 on: February 4, 2017, 12:14:33 pm »
It's great to hear steps are finally being taken.
It should also help with buying tickets in the bulk sales as touts with multiple cards who use bots to snap up the tickets before many get logged on.

Another thing I would like to see is making it a little easier for members who go to 18 - 19 games a season to get tickets, these should also only in my opinion of course be entitled to a season ticket if a lot are released once sorted depending on numbers, surely there can't be that many of them each year but they deserve something for their loyalty.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #12 on: February 4, 2017, 12:21:15 pm »
They have made the sale much closer to the game and you have to pick the tickets up at the ground only a few days before the game and show ID, slightly disrupts touts.

And as has been said there has been more spot checking in the local sale areas - scores have been banned since the start of the season

I think that's incredibly naïve of the club and no wonder so many have taken advantage of this scheme. Surely if the tickets were in a certain area of the ground, they could easily police this? We're not talking thousands of tickets are we. Perhaps a the start of the season you could apply for a 'Local Members Card' which is free but the conditions of having one with the ability to apply for local tickets at £9 is that on the card your photo is printed. Stewards at the gates could check the photo as you passed through to ensure the person using it is the person on the account. It's really not mind blowing technology we're talking about here, even Chester Zoo have a similar set up when you buy a 'Full year pass'.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: February 4, 2017, 12:44:14 pm »
No formal discussions yet but the amnesty has been mooted for a couple of years. The new MS had to be finished before they started looking at it though.

Things that have been mentioned is to first get the season tickets in the right names of those using them - there are some people who legitimately have two, three or more season tickets in one name (you could buy batches in the 1990s). There are people who have been using a deceased relative's ticket for years who should be allowed to succeed to them. There will be hundreds of decent reasons why the user should get their name on a ticket in someone else's name.
All for the correct fee to the club, of course.  ;)

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #14 on: February 4, 2017, 01:33:35 pm »
I think that's incredibly naïve of the club and no wonder so many have taken advantage of this scheme. Surely if the tickets were in a certain area of the ground, they could easily police this? We're not talking thousands of tickets are we. Perhaps a the start of the season you could apply for a 'Local Members Card' which is free but the conditions of having one with the ability to apply for local tickets at £9 is that on the card your photo is printed. Stewards at the gates could check the photo as you passed through to ensure the person using it is the person on the account. It's really not mind blowing technology we're talking about here, even Chester Zoo have a similar set up when you buy a 'Full year pass'.

I said pretty much the same thing in the local sales thread.

Head down to the ground once, show photo ID and proof of address, they verify and take a photo of you whilst at the ground (no bull shit then i.e. Someone posting a photo of themselves but potentially stilll using someone else's address). They send you a local members photo ID card and you just simply show it at the turnstile with your paper ticket...whether that be walking in through a particular turnstile or checking everyone who has a paper ticket in those areas!

As said by one of the other lads, it then gets reviewed periodically due to changes in addresses etc

I'd hoped that they'd asked other clubs on their experiences before making any rash decision but it's not rocket science!!!
« Last Edit: February 4, 2017, 01:35:31 pm by ScubaSteve »

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: February 4, 2017, 05:31:22 pm »
That's all good news Graham, kinda worried how aways will be done though. Hope it's not like they started doing with European aways and like what United do. Don't fancy having to travel around cities to pick up the tickets and get there even earlier, especially if it's a 12:45 kickoff
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: February 4, 2017, 06:34:11 pm »
The aways defo need addressing, it's a joke not being able to get near the ladder.

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: February 4, 2017, 07:27:06 pm »
That's all good news Graham, kinda worried how aways will be done though. Hope it's not like they started doing with European aways and like what United do. Don't fancy having to travel around cities to pick up the tickets and get there even earlier, especially if it's a 12:45 kickoff
as much as a pain this would be I think it's the only way to sort it out and get credits removed from the touts/credit hunters wouldn't take to many games to sort it

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: February 4, 2017, 08:32:45 pm »
Aways will be harder to sort as you are relying upon other grounds' entry systems.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: February 4, 2017, 08:36:31 pm »
Quite simple to put facial ID on STs and member cards.  Does away with touting for homes.  Club needs to be able to accept late returns or transfer to other members within agreed rules.   Once the club has your picky it is downloaded onto any away ticket you purchase.   The away club provides Liverpool with their seating arrangement and we print the paper tickets with facial ID.   Again agreed transfers (max number per season) could be allowed to bonafide ST holders / members or the ticket could be transferred to another ST holder /member who had the requisite number of credits but missed out on the sale.   
« Last Edit: February 4, 2017, 08:40:29 pm by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline hawkwind

• Anny Roader
« Reply #20 on: February 4, 2017, 09:13:56 pm »
Quite simple to put facial ID on STs and member cards.  Does away with touting for homes.  Club needs to be able to accept late returns or transfer to other members within agreed rules.   Once the club has your picky it is downloaded onto any away ticket you purchase.   The away club provides Liverpool with their seating arrangement and we print the paper tickets with facial ID.   Again agreed transfers (max number per season) could be allowed to bonafide ST holders / members or the ticket could be transferred to another ST holder /member who had the requisite number of credits but missed out on the sale.
Completely agree, people need photo ID for passports, car licence, to get served in bars even a lot of workplaces have photo ID.
If you don't go to the game then you don't deserve the credit.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #21 on: February 4, 2017, 10:27:00 pm »
Sorry if I've missed it but will people with multiple members cards be looked at as well as those with multiple STs?

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #22 on: February 4, 2017, 11:04:12 pm »
I think it should be one ST per person - not "36 or 37, I can't quite remember" as someone said to me recently!

Harder with aways as LFC can't print them due to club holograms etc. I know friends who use others STs etc for aways as a way round the current problem, but agree it needs looking at, esp with so many dropping this season in terms of the number of games they are eligible to buy for.

Deffo need a way of stopping the touts more.
« Last Edit: February 6, 2017, 04:22:52 pm by Shanklygates »

Offline noneoftheabove

• Main Stander
« Reply #23 on: February 5, 2017, 06:33:18 am »
I've often thought it would be an interesting University research project for some bright spark, how Liverpool season ticket holders live so long. There must be a fair number of STs in their 100s when you study the official ages.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: February 5, 2017, 10:08:51 am »
I've often thought it would be an interesting University research project for some bright spark, how Liverpool season ticket holders live so long. There must be a fair number of STs in their 100s when you study the official ages.

This is something I've asked but never understood...
If you're now over 100, surely you're paying OAP prices and the turnstyle light indicates so? How are people not getting caught with that? Or is there no such thing as DOB with a ST. There is with members card.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: February 5, 2017, 12:16:28 pm »
Jeez fella, you're gonna be asking for a sperm sample, and DNA from both parents next.  :D

The LFC ticket office can barely tie their own laces sometimes, you've got no chance if you think they've got the nous or inclination to do anything for away tickets. Simply because there's nothing in it for them, other than hassle.

LFC have full control over their own tickets issued, but only very limited control over the away tickets.

In some cases, the club providing the tickets don't get them to the LFC ticket office until very late.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: February 5, 2017, 12:27:57 pm »
Jeez fella, you're gonna be asking for a sperm sample, and DNA from both parents next.  :D

The LFC ticket office can barely tie their own laces sometimes, you've got no chance if you think they've got the nous or inclination to do anything for away tickets. Simply because there's nothing in it for them, other than hassle.

LFC have full control over their own tickets issued, but only very limited control over the away tickets.

In some cases, the club providing the tickets don't get them to the LFC ticket office until very late.

They're committed to look at aways due to the credit hunting and the touting.

It will happen. It's just a question of when.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: February 5, 2017, 12:34:59 pm »
Sorry if I've missed it but will people with multiple members cards be looked at as well as those with multiple STs?

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

I think this will be looked at as well, although they might do one after the other depending upon the size of the job - which I think will be huge.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #28 on: February 5, 2017, 12:37:45 pm »
This is huge when you look at all the aspects!! But it has to be a good thing.... despite the inconvenience to many (not ruling myself out)

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: February 5, 2017, 12:52:49 pm »
I think this will be looked at as well, although they might do one after the other depending upon the size of the job - which I think will be huge.
Graham. Any idea what the guestimation from within the club, of the percentage or number of season tickets being used that are not by the original named people?
« Last Edit: February 5, 2017, 12:54:23 pm by Big Red Richie »

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: February 5, 2017, 01:08:38 pm »
The changes Graham talks about would hit those who share season tickets hard if there is only a certain amount of swaps you could do. Shared season tickets are common for financial reasons or amongst shift workers. I have a full season ticket but work shifts and with Sky and BT constantly messing with schedules I end up missing more matches with early and late kickoffs. I usually give my ticket to my kids if I can't go  but with the auto cup could be more than just 3 or 4 games. If the named family and friends knew they had to carry ID to get in it would still make it less attractive for touts  with multiple season tickets to carry on and they're the ones fucking it up for everyone. Not so long ago touting was unacceptable now more and more 'faces' for want of a better word are dabbling
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: February 5, 2017, 01:10:57 pm »
Graham. Any idea what the guestimation from within the club, of the percentage or number of season tickets being used that are not by the original named people?

I have heard suggestions that maybe 10% minimum of tickets in the ground are touted.

Tickets in the wrong name but being 'legitimately' used vary too but out of say 26,000 STs there must be again 30% that will need to be looked at (and that is over above the touted tickets).

Getting as many of the reclaimed touted tickets into legitimate circulation might see say 3000 to 4000 recycled.

Of the 'wrong named' amnesty STs I think maybe another 5000 might get into circulation?

I am speculating with some little knowledge from discussions we have had in the Club (and no one will be certain until the stories of why tickets should be retained but renamed start) but you can see the massive impact this could have.

If at the same time some discussion takes place about a 're-organsation' of the ground so maybe younger people can be concentrated together in key areas (meaning the old guard being encouraged and incentivised to relocate) to help with atmosphere then we might have a quiet revolution.

When you add in maybe rail seating (and the possible increase in capacity that can give) plus an ARE extension we might start looking at close to a 65000+ stadium.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2017, 01:14:52 pm by Graham Smith »
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: February 5, 2017, 01:13:40 pm »
The changes Graham talks about would hit those who share season tickets hard if there is only a certain amount of swaps you could do. Shared season tickets are common for financial reasons or amongst shift workers. I have a full season ticket but work shifts and with Sky and BT constantly messing with schedules I end up missing more matches with early and late kickoffs. I usually give my ticket to my kids if I can't go  but with the auto cup could be more than just 3 or 4 games. If the named family and friends knew they had to carry ID to get in it would still make it less attractive for touts  with multiple season tickets to carry on and they're the ones fucking it up for everyone. Not so long ago touting was unacceptable now more and more 'faces' for want of a better word are dabbling

I think we would definitely push for a "Shared Seasie" allowing two or three people to buy it together - obviously only one person at a time using it - it's a local model that we have all seen and with the price of tickets something that should not be lost.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #33 on: February 5, 2017, 01:43:09 pm »
I think we would definitely push for a "Shared Seasie" allowing two or three people to buy it together - obviously only one person at a time using it - it's a local model that we have all seen and with the price of tickets something that should not be lost.

In my eyes they can't allow someone to share a ST but stopping a few people sharing a membership.
Some people can't afford/make all matches but don't have the luxury of being a STH.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: February 5, 2017, 02:46:10 pm »
Graham I think you asked for opinions, so I'll add one here - maybe it needs its own thread.

How would this work for supporter groups? (Doesn't concern me but one to consider).

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: February 5, 2017, 02:54:31 pm »
I think it's also worth having a definition of what a ST is and what it's for.

They used to be about you giving money to the club early on, as a guarantee to them, and it was often cheaper than full price.

If someone works shifts as above - is it right to commit to a ST if you know you can't go? (I guess buying ahead of time - be that ST or members means it's a gamble you have to take).
Should there be a minimum amount you must attend, or as long as you're not abusing - does it actually matter?
If 2 brothers want to share - does it matter - than say 1 lad who goes all 19?
Work circumstances can change - can you have some form of 'holiday' for a while?

Lots to consider.

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: February 5, 2017, 03:22:55 pm »
I think it's also worth having a definition of what a ST is and what it's for.

They used to be about you giving money to the club early on, as a guarantee to them, and it was often cheaper than full price.

If someone works shifts as above - is it right to commit to a ST if you know you can't go? (I guess buying ahead of time - be that ST or members means it's a gamble you have to take).
Should there be a minimum amount you must attend, or as long as you're not abusing - does it actually matter?
If 2 brothers want to share - does it matter - than say 1 lad who goes all 19?
Work circumstances can change - can you have some form of 'holiday' for a while?

Lots to consider.

The bottom line is, we're all held hostage by the whim of TV producers.

If they didn't fuck about with kick off times, everyone would know where they stood, months in advance.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: February 5, 2017, 03:40:49 pm »
Graham I think you asked for opinions, so I'll add one here - maybe it needs its own thread.

How would this work for supporter groups? (Doesn't concern me but one to consider).

I assume you are talking about Official Liverpool Supporters' Clubs.

Their members have season tickets and memberships in their own right and get an allocation of tickets each season.

There are about 260 OLSCs. They get about 600 tickets per game between them having had their allocations massively slashed in the last few years.

The projects I have talked about would only affect the season ticket holders over the amnesty.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2017, 03:42:29 pm by Graham Smith »
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: February 5, 2017, 05:49:11 pm »
I assume you are talking about Official Liverpool Supporters' Clubs.

Their members have season tickets and memberships in their own right and get an allocation of tickets each season.

There are about 260 OLSCs. They get about 600 tickets per game between them having had their allocations massively slashed in the last few years.

The projects I have talked about would only affect the season ticket holders over the amnesty.
hi graham I take it this clamp down on tickets is gonna also include euro aways as I'm sick of us selling out for smaller games and only a few hundred of us being there

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: February 5, 2017, 06:09:12 pm »
hi graham I take it this clamp down on tickets is gonna also include euro aways as I'm sick of us selling out for smaller games and only a few hundred of us being there

The Club are committed to try and improve all aspects of this and try and respect those that make the most effort and deserve the credit or ticket and to try and destroy touting.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892