Author Topic: Southampton vs Liverpool EFL cup 1st Leg 11/1/17  (Read 18890 times)

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
Re: Southampton vs Liverpool EFL cup 1st Leg 11/1/17
« Reply #160 on: January 6, 2017, 03:24:08 pm »
Got 1 for my mate
"I told my players during the break: Since we're here anyway, we might actually play a bit of football." - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #161 on: January 6, 2017, 03:24:31 pm »
Had a ticket in my basket and went to checkout.........then after 'confirm payment' it said 'a problem has occured, payment has not been taken.'  WTF !!

Offline Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #162 on: January 6, 2017, 03:30:29 pm »
Totally forgot about this :(  Was in a meeting at work & then realised it was 15:30 & tickets sold out in 7mins!!  Never mind.

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #163 on: January 6, 2017, 03:38:07 pm »
Tried to help a mate out and got in after 4 minutes and all gone

Offline Chief Brody

• Living the goosed life. Requires explanation. Works on the 110% scale.
  • Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #164 on: January 6, 2017, 03:39:37 pm »
Totally forgot about this :(  Was in a meeting at work & then realised it was 15:30 & tickets sold out in 7mins!!  Never mind.

Still tickets available

Offline Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #165 on: January 6, 2017, 03:43:52 pm »
Still tickets available

No, showing all sold out now on the ticket page!

Offline Chief Brody

• Living the goosed life. Requires explanation. Works on the 110% scale.
  • Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #166 on: January 6, 2017, 03:57:15 pm »
Sorry, I've got the wrong thread. 2nd leg.

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #167 on: January 6, 2017, 04:03:20 pm »
Not that surprised that it's gone (or will go) to all STH, but still doesn't stop me feeling pretty upset that once again, members don't get any chance.

Like someone has said further up, surely members with 19 should at least be considered alongside STH for a scenario like this?

And also, I know the club never does it like this etc etc etc but why not introduce League Cup homes into the equation here?

I've got all 19 PL home games so put the same amount of cash that STH do (more, in fact) into the club, been to every LC home for years and yet I still don't get a chance of even a sniff at one of these tickets - which in theory could by bought by a STH that hasn't been to any LC home games in years!

so a member with all 19 homes? - no mention of leeds spurs ect? 

you're killing me off here a bit.  if you've been to every 'LC home game in years' then you'll have had chances to get on the away ladder.  ok not many, but thats the system, you take your chances.  however way, whatever way you look at it  demand is high, hell, plymouth has sold out.  the club probably sees no reson to change the system so the debate should either be about the game/travel, or have a seperate group about magical ideas to change the loyalty system. we could introduce cross loyalty between the league cup aways and euro aways?

i'm a member. i'm sorted for the game, but being on the ball over the ticket situation over the last few years (since west brom) i've been able to stay on.   others like yourself havn't.
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #168 on: January 6, 2017, 04:57:02 pm »
so a member with all 19 homes? - no mention of leeds spurs ect? 

you're killing me off here a bit.  if you've been to every 'LC home game in years' then you'll have had chances to get on the away ladder.  ok not many, but thats the system, you take your chances.  however way, whatever way you look at it  demand is high, hell, plymouth has sold out.  the club probably sees no reson to change the system so the debate should either be about the game/travel, or have a seperate group about magical ideas to change the loyalty system. we could introduce cross loyalty between the league cup aways and euro aways?

i'm a member. i'm sorted for the game, but being on the ball over the ticket situation over the last few years (since west brom) i've been able to stay on.   others like yourself havn't.

Dont think thats fair to say about not being on the ball. Some people were probably too young when the last set of tickets went to members. I only got my membership in Jan 2013 when i could afford it. Then built up 19 home games from Rodgers 1st season and second season and gone to near enough every game. Some situations mean you couldn't buy a ticket back then (wba in 2012), not about being on the ball, think thats a little unfair mate.
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline lukechaf08

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #169 on: January 6, 2017, 08:08:22 pm »
On the fa cup away ladder from West Ham like Hij said earlier, so it's just a matter of being patient for league cup and league aways, an opportunity will come about in next 5 years.

Got on the ladder  too  with west ham last season, but will it really open it up too us as such? Gonna need a big allocation of 6000k + I'd suspect

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #170 on: January 6, 2017, 08:13:45 pm »
Got on the ladder  too  with west ham last season, but will it really open it up too us as such? Gonna need a big allocation of 6000k + I'd suspect

Think you'd need 4.5k allocation id say, 6k+ to be guarenteed
"I told my players during the break: Since we're here anyway, we might actually play a bit of football." - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #171 on: January 6, 2017, 08:37:41 pm »
I'm not a STH, but league games should not come into this. At the end of the day it's a different competition. I think they should go back to homes recorded in the last 2 seasons. All from Carlisle to Leeds, if you've recorded all of them as a STH then you should get priority and then down to members with the same and so on. But can see why it's just gone down to just STH and with any hope it'll drop to members with some sort of previous history.
Agree, there is no cross-competition loyalty for aways and not for homes in other sections of the criteria, apart from this anomaly. Guessing it is to make it easier for themselves at least in part, but I know lots look forward to the cups as they struggle to get league tkts. Whereas some STH never go to aways.
We are a team of one half.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #172 on: January 6, 2017, 08:43:19 pm »
BBC said City got 9000 at WHU! A lot of people on here will be hoping we get them next season! :D

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #173 on: January 6, 2017, 08:49:50 pm »
BBC said City got 9000 at WHU! A lot of people on here will be hoping we get them next season! :D

A 9,000 sale still wouldn't drop to an all members sale  ;D

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #174 on: January 6, 2017, 08:56:55 pm »
A 9,000 sale still wouldn't drop to an all members sale  ;D

Can't tell if you're being serious or not, but the way the result is going, I don't think there will be a 9000 sale ;)

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: January 6, 2017, 09:20:31 pm »
Can't tell if you're being serious or not, but the way the result is going, I don't think there will be a 9000 sale ;)

I was being serious although I put the smiley face in coz that's the truth and it's horrible

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: January 6, 2017, 09:21:48 pm »
I was being serious although I put the smiley face in coz that's the truth and it's horrible

Anywhere with 5k+ would reach members I'd think

Bolton, Wigan, Blackburn away always used to

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: January 6, 2017, 09:22:52 pm »
Anywhere with 5k+ would reach members I'd think

Bolton, Wigan, Blackburn away always used to

That sounds promising! Let's hope for a Man Utd away or a West Ham comeback

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #178 on: January 6, 2017, 10:00:16 pm »
I did say next season as I thought the same!

Offline matt_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #179 on: January 6, 2017, 10:41:55 pm »
Man City got 4,950 for tonight.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #180 on: January 6, 2017, 11:00:44 pm »
What do the BBC know?! ::) They said 9000 earlier on!

Online SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
« Reply #181 on: January 7, 2017, 01:06:33 am »
whatever way you look at it  demand is high, hell, plymouth has sold out.  the club probably sees no reson to change the system

That's my main argument though - they should have 'changed the system' in this instance.

If this particular sale had reached a level where previous LC away loyalty (or League Cup loyalty full stop) doesn't come into it - then the times where I've missed chances or 'not been on the ball' as you put it, shouldn't even be an issue.

(For what it's worth, I attend every home game, every comp. But unfortunately, have only been able to be in a position to start going away the last three seasons - that's why I'm constantly hoping for a drop that's 'below' any previous away loyalty)

For this game, if tickets were being offered to STH with no previous aways, why couldn't they offer members with all 19 the same chance? I probably still wouldn't have got one, with only around 100 available, but all I would have really liked is a chance - However small that actually might have been.

Perhaps the club could have done 'STH/members with 19 with Spurs & Leeds' as first priority; then same with one of those games if any left after that. Surely that would have been fairer than just 'all STH'.

In fact, even leaving the STH/Members issue aside - why wasn't this sale done as 'STH with Spurs & Leeds' first anyway? Seeing as that's how tickets are sold for the home leg, surely it makes sense to do the same in this instance? Guess it's just because the club hasn't mixed home and aways before... well if so, that seems crazy to me that they haven't made an exception in this instance.

Anyway, it's done now - just got to hope that one day, somehow, my chance will come! ;D

« Last Edit: January 7, 2017, 09:06:38 am by SingFongFC »

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #182 on: January 7, 2017, 01:10:49 am »
That's my main argument though - they should have 'changed the system' in this instance.

If this particular sale had reached a level where previous LC away loyalty (or League Cup loyalty full stop) doesn't come into it - then the times where I've missed chances or 'not been on the ball' as you put it, shouldn't even be an issue.

(For what it's worth, I attend every home game, every comp. But unfortunately, have only been able to be in a position to start going away the last three seasons - that's why I'm constantly hoping for a drop that's 'below' any previous away loyalty)

For this game, if tickets were being offered to STH with no previous aways, why couldn't they offer members with all 19 the same chance? I probably still wouldn't have got one, with only around 100 available, but all I would have really liked is a chance - However small that actually might have been.

Perhaps the club could have done 'STH/members with 19 with Spurs & Leeds' as first priority; then same with one of those games if any left after that. Surely that would have been fairer than just 'all STH'.

Anyway, it's done now - just got to hope that one day, somehow, my chance will come! ;D

Why should homes from the league come into this? It's like league aways then going on FA cup homes, they're 2 different competitions, shouldn't go to members with 19 league games at all.

Online SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
« Reply #183 on: January 7, 2017, 01:17:30 am »
Because if tickets are being offered to STH, with no previous LC games (away or home)... then league games are coming into it. Aren't they??

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: January 7, 2017, 08:53:16 am »
I agree that league games shouldn't be included in cup sales but if that is the case then what do STHs have over members!? They have only shown that they go to the home PL matches but no sign here of previous cup attendance.   

A STH can simply be replaced by someone on the 25,000 ST waiting list or the thousands of members waiting to go on it! To have a season ticket does show a bit of loyalty to the club but so does being a member. Previous home cup attendance should be factored in. That's showing LOYALTY to the cup comp!

This sale is done now but there'll be another with the same stupid outcome!!

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #185 on: January 7, 2017, 11:22:35 am »

Correct you can find the announcement by City on their website if you Google it. They're getting 3000 for the league game there.

Offline Smurfite

• Main Stander
« Reply #186 on: January 7, 2017, 02:57:40 pm »
I agree that league games shouldn't be included in cup sales but if that is the case then what do STHs have over members!? They have only shown that they go to the home PL matches but no sign here of previous cup attendance.   

A STH can simply be replaced by someone on the 25,000 ST waiting list or the thousands of members waiting to go on it! To have a season ticket does show a bit of loyalty to the club but so does being a member. Previous home cup attendance should be factored in. That's showing LOYALTY to the cup comp!

This sale is done now but there'll be another with the same stupid outcome!!

STH pay a lot of money upfront at the start of the season. I imagine its a reward for that.

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: January 7, 2017, 03:43:15 pm »
STH pay a lot of money upfront at the start of the season. I imagine its a reward for that.
yep we do but surely it should have been st holders with at least the home games for cup rather than just all sts

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönċld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #188 on: January 7, 2017, 03:55:19 pm »

That's true but there's 20-30,000 others that would take there place if they got the chance.
Plus a member going to all matches have to pay more for the exact same seat and have to deal with the hassle of the bulk sales.

The club know that they will sell all tickets home and away for every match anyway, why should they care?

Offline AA3JM21

• Main Stander
« Reply #189 on: January 9, 2017, 12:07:44 pm »
Anyone recieved their Soton tickets from last Thursdays sale? Post has been today & still not had mine!

Offline anfieldash

• Kopite
« Reply #190 on: January 10, 2017, 10:11:05 am »
And it's Tuesday morning and still not had ours in post today either!

Offline PerryLFC

• Anny Roader
  • Ohhh Liverpool We LOVE YOU!
« Reply #191 on: January 10, 2017, 11:05:58 am »
I'll be driving down from Milton Keynes/Bedford area for this should anyone want a lift down? Drop me a message on 07837 310498
ninety six

Offline robbie77

• Kopite
« Reply #192 on: January 10, 2017, 11:36:06 am »
My tickets not come for tomorrow night either.........Do you think it's worth giving ticket off ice a ring - waiting on 4 to come through the post. What a shambles. Sold last week - should take a max of 48 hours to get to us.
I fucking hate Mancs.......Arrogant c*nts

Offline anfieldash

• Kopite
« Reply #193 on: January 10, 2017, 11:40:52 am »
My tickets not come for tomorrow night either.........Do you think it's worth giving ticket off ice a ring - waiting on 4 to come through the post. What a shambles. Sold last week - should take a max of 48 hours to get to us.

I've already rung and they can sort out dupes for you today if you like, but I said I'd wait until tomorrow and see about it then as we won't be leaving until after the post has come.

Offline robbie77

• Kopite
« Reply #194 on: January 10, 2017, 12:04:41 pm »
I've already rung and they can sort out dupes for you today if you like, but I said I'd wait until tomorrow and see about it then as we won't be leaving until after the post has come.
Cheers for info.
I fucking hate Mancs.......Arrogant c*nts

Offline AA3JM21

• Main Stander
« Reply #195 on: January 10, 2017, 12:11:36 pm »
Mine arrived today

Offline anfieldash

• Kopite
« Reply #196 on: January 11, 2017, 08:40:54 am »

Arrived this morning, cutting it fine!

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: January 11, 2017, 09:35:50 am »
Arrived this morning, cutting it fine!

How can it take them from Thursday afternoon to Tuesday to send out 70 odd tickets. Ridiculous.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: January 11, 2017, 10:02:28 am »
How can it take them from Thursday afternoon to Tuesday to send out 70 odd tickets. Ridiculous.

The last sale was on Friday. I am waiting on one from that sale. Hoping postman comes soon, so I can arrange a duplicate if needed.

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: January 11, 2017, 10:35:26 am »
We got another 3 on Friday and they've not arrived and we'll miss the post, no idea why they can't get them out Friday afternoon or at least Saturday. Guarantee they won't have been posted till yesterday