Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
We haven't overachieved or underachieved. We are right were we should be. Competing for the title deep into the season as one of the best teams in the league.

I was talking about Last season, when we overachieved.

Now we are where we should be, this is our level, to keep knocking on the door of the cheats and see how many times we can get through it, like Liverpool did under Klopp, but ultimately the cheats will still be favourites at the start of every season. Now we are their nearest challengers, and I expect that to be the case for the foreseeable, I just hope we can get across the line sometime.
50 mil is a bit of a joke.

Who’s gonna get 20 goal involvements for 50 mil?

If that patch between dec - feb wasn’t hit by him would be in the position we were in?

Right to claim he might not be the main man, but to give up on him is ridiculous.
I always have thought the Dutch league is a joke. Anyone half serious who comes directly from the Dutch league to the premier league has failed. Whether it be strikers, or managers they somehow fail in the premier league.

Having said that, I am piqued by Slot's play style. If he can implement it, it might just be good. We should have a more possession based approach, and his style of attacking is a bit more like Pep than Klopp I feel. The emphasis is on cutbacks a lot more.

It will be interesting, however I was sure Klopp would be a success at Liverpool before he joined. I never felt like that about any other manager apart from maybe Benitez during my lifetime. I just don't know with Slot.

Is he the Dutch Brendan Rodgers or the Dutch Guardiola, only time will tell.
There is no one like Klopp and that is the only certainty I have.
Media and Arts / Re: Only connect...
« Last post by Alan_X on Today at 06:01:57 am »
Connections
Puzzle #320
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪
Where we are, with peps time surely coming to an end, wouldn't it be better to not take a risk and actually go for someone where there are very few questions? Ancelotti?
Saturday 27th April

West Ham 0-3 Liverpool
Fulham 2-2 Palace
Man Utd 3-1 Burnley
Newcastle 3-0 Sheff Utd
Wolves 2-0 Luton
Everton 2-1 Brentford
Villa 3-1 Chelsea

Sunday 28th

Bournemouth 3-0 Brighton
Tottenham 1-1 Arsenal
Forest 0-5 Man City

Thursday 2nd May

Chelsea 1-1 Tottenham
But season 1 was half a yr as he arrive in Jan
And Suarez issue early on was he was hitting post etc on chances he created himself out of nothing. Nunez is missing gilt edge chances others are laying on a plate for him

Nunez has hit the post as much as Suarez?

Creates chances for himself and others?

Not a clinical finisher but let’s not rewrite history
General Football and Sport / Re: NBA Discussion
« Last post by TheFinalBoss on Today at 05:58:48 am »
Nah, they shoupd have lost in 5 against 76ers id it wasnt for mind boggling ref decisions
Refs helped 76ers in game three tonight, Embiid with a Draymond Green special on Mitchell Robinson and the ref didn't eject him from the game.

Embiid also shot 21 free throws and The Knicks only had 19 as a team.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Last post by itihasas on Today at 05:58:30 am »
What a manager, what a team but at the end of it all, will there be a sense of so close yet so far?
The Boozer / Re: Wordle - Word Game - Guess a different word each day
« Last post by Alan_X on Today at 05:56:00 am »
Wordle 1,042 3/6

🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10