Author Topic: #GERRARD8 Stevie Retires - Share Your Memories Here  (Read 13496 times)

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
Re: Steven Gerrard Retires - Share Your Memories Here
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2016, 12:46:13 pm »
Legend. Arguably one of the best attacking midfielders in the world between 2004 - 2009. Without him I suspect our trophy cabinet would have been bereft of content.

Hope he comes in and learns from Klopp and takes over in 6 years.

Offline holeinthehead

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2016, 12:47:54 pm »
Absolute legend. The goal he scored  away to marseille chipped the ball over the keeper brilliant.
What ever he does I,am just so privilege to have him play and to captain our club  :'(

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2016, 12:48:19 pm »
Best Liverpool player I have seen since supporting the club.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2016, 12:54:51 pm »
Good luck to him whatever he chooses to do now. Just privileged to have seen him wearing red. We'll be telling our grandkids about him in the same way we were told about Liddell.

"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2016, 12:58:15 pm »
absolute legend, my all time favorite football player and one of the greatest players to have ever played for us.

That league title alluded him though, if had added that to his name, he would of gone done as our greatest ever player without hardly any debate.

Offline JLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2016, 12:58:23 pm »
Unbelievable player, his qualities on and off the pitch are what representing Liverpool football club is all about. He's stuck with us through some very tough times and his service to the club should be applauded. For me he's the greatest player ever to have worn the shirt. Kennys is right up there but Stevies willingness to go into whatever position the team needs and excel at it is incredible. It's been an absolute privilege to watch him through his career. Some of the videos and clips in this thread are brilliant keep it coming.

Thank you Stevie and all the very best with your family. I hope Jurgen gives you a role where you can excel further at the club.

[Nobody cares what phone you have and that you are using the free version of Tapatalk]

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2016, 01:01:01 pm »
Undoubtedly best player I've seen play for the club.  A force of nature when on the pitch and a great ambassador off it.

My all time favourite player. God bless you Stevie and thanks for everything mate. You've been amazing.
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline soaboutthisSaurez

• Stegosaurez? Tyrannosaurez?
  • Main Stander
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2016, 01:02:54 pm »
Kenny was ridiculously good. But I just can't see him playing right back in a European cup final and playing like he played there all his life

Gerrard on the other hand, no problem to him whatsoever.

Gerrard has played defensive mid, attacking mid, right wing, and behind the striker for us at various times throughout his career

And never looked out of place in any of those positions. He's unmatched in terms of all round footballing ability IMO
Not trying to diss SG in anyway whatsoever, he is a legend.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2016, 01:03:11 pm »
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2016, 01:05:15 pm »
What is there left to say.

The greatest player I have seen live.

Liverpool's greatest ever player, imo.

It's been a privilege watching him play.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2016, 01:08:21 pm »
The best. Won't be another like him. I don't think I'll enjoy watching someone play as much as Stevie G. All the best in your future endeavours. Hopefully wearing a tracksuit at Melwood.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2016, 01:11:41 pm »
Gerrard the Great. My tribute when he left Liverpool:

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=321414.msg13865868#msg13865868
Never got bored reading that mate. Great write up that!
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2016, 01:19:43 pm »
Legend.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2016, 01:22:15 pm »
Probably the best player I will ever see in a red shirt. Legend.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2016, 01:22:35 pm »
For me the greatest Liverpool player.

Legend!  :champ :champ :champ :champ :champ

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2016, 01:26:32 pm »
Football for me won't ever be the same. In a way his move to Galaxy made the post-Gerrard transition less painful. An abrupt retirement from Liverpool, or a move to any other English club (maybe European too) would have shattered me for months.

The kind of media and supporter scrutiny he had, the weight he bore on his shoulders and the fact that he turned up every single time when we needed him will be very hard to replicate. Thanks Steven, GOAT of all GOATs.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2016, 01:29:08 pm »
Well on sky news showing his goal against united in worthington cup then next two clips are his shirt being burnt and the slip against Chelsea

Offline DivisiveNewSigning

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2016, 01:30:43 pm »
What more is there to say than what an absolutely perfect player in his prime and a Liverpool legend. Opposition fans (mainly United) will forever mention his lack of a league title, but he could easily have moved to other teams and won a hatful. One of a dying generation of loyal players and easily the best Liverpool player of my lifetime.

Edit: There are far too many career highlights for me to choose just one as my favourite. However, a recent memory I absolutely love is when Suarez had missed a couple of free-kicks against Sunderland and Gerrard pushed him aside to spank it into the top corner. Their bromantic celebration afterwards and Gerrards "that's how it's done" smile will live long in the memory. Even when Suarez was regularly tearing opposition teams apart single-handedly, he was still outdone by our Stevie.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 01:38:09 pm by DivisiveNewSigning »

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2016, 01:33:39 pm »
He was a force of nature. In his pomp there was no midfielder to touch him. He can retire knowing that he is a legend but that isn`t his style.

Thank you for all the memories
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2016, 01:35:40 pm »
I called my son Steffan Gerrard Owen after him. We met him in Liverpool airport in Oct 2007 the team were returning from Beşiktaş, he took time to have some photos with us one with Steffan in the pram. As he left us I thanked him he turned around and said no thank you for calling your son after me.
Will never be another Stevie G an absolute legend and gentlemen.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2016, 01:36:10 pm »
Obviously the FA Cup, Olympiakos and Istanbul stand out but my abiding memory is of one particular game. I think it was 2004 and it was the first year that i'd not had my season ticket (which was on the Kop) and me and a girlfriend of mine had got seats in the front row of the centenary for a FA Cup game against Portsmouth (the one where we lost the replay at Fratton Park). I had never seen anything like it from that close up. Gerrard was everywhere and he seemed to spend a lot of the game at right wing back where I was sitting and it was like watching a dad play football against a group of kids, winning every tackle, every pass perfect, stronger than everyone else, quicker, harder, more passion, bossing the rest of the players round the pitch, it was incredible to see.
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2016, 01:39:29 pm »
I called my son Steffan Gerrard Owen after him. We met him in Liverpool airport in Oct 2007 the team were returning from Beşiktaş, he took time to have some photos with us one with Steffan in the pram. As he left us I thanked him he turned around and said no thank you for calling your son after me.

:)

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2016, 01:44:00 pm »
An icon. I started following Liverpool in 2004 so this guy was a god to me. Always him pulling us out the fire.

Breaks my heart what happened in 13/14. Genuinely think about it far too often. He deserved so much more than that and it angers me so much that a player as good as him is seen as a fucking joke figure across the rest of the country. Treated like a fucking slightly better Kevin Nolan and laughed at like he's Titus fucking Bramble.

He was incredible. Absolutely incredible. He was surrounded by the likes of Fernando Torres, Xabi Alonso and Javier Mascherano and yet they looked up to him. They aspired to be as good as him. They all KNEW for a fucking fact he was ther superior on the football pitch. That tells you how fucking good this guy was.

To quote Xabi. My Hero. My Mate.

Thanks for Istanbul, Stevie. Thanks for Cardiff. Thanks for the countless amazing goals. Thanks for the trophies. Thanks for everything.

Now get him in as a coach and have him shadow Jurgen. Nobody better to learn from. Then when Jurgen goes, this man is ready to take over the reigns.
Believe

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2016, 01:51:27 pm »
Without doubt the best player I have ever seen a red shirt, and I've followed Liverpool since the 60's.

Imagine how much it would cost to buy a player these days like Stevie in his prime!

Fantastic man on and off the pitch,done  brilliant work for Alder Hey, donates stuff (on the quiet) to his old Huyton School, just all round top fella.

Can't wait to see him back at Liverpool FC in some capacity.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline itsalltosh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2016, 01:51:41 pm »

Love that picture. Thank you Mr Gerrard

Offline NY-AmericanRed

• Legacy Fan
  • We all dream of a team of Messiers...
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2016, 01:54:54 pm »
Olympiakos (CL)
AC Milan (1st goal, CL final)
West Ham (the Gerrard FA Cup)
"They're the New York Giants; all run and no fun"--my brother at the Giants-Eagles game, Nov. 20, 2005

ManU fans--your 1999 European Cup is safe and sound in our museum

Mark Messier--The Captain, The Legend, The Messiah...11 forever

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2016, 01:55:20 pm »
Fantastic player, feel lucky to have seen him in the flesh

There are countless moments to remember him by, just type in "Gerrard" on google images and you're hit with a million and one memories

That team-talk when we beat City.
"This does not slip....." - I don't care about what happened after.....(all geniuses have a flaw)......in that moment I remember thinking to myself, what a captain. Jesus. Who else would you want leading your team?

Privilege to watch. Good luck to him in the future
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline TheMightyReds

• Full of B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T ;)
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2016, 02:14:43 pm »
Steven Gerrard, the gold standard for the future generations of players that will play for Liverpool. An rock solid performer who delivered when it mattered with an iron will to boot. Of the generation of Scholes, Beckham and Lampard he was better than all of them. He was unfortunate not to win more trophies and given that if any of the above players were at Liverpool during this era they would not have played and won games like Gerrard did.

A player that played right back in a European Cup final and won, a player that could shoot like Scholes, pass like Beckham and score lots of goals. A player that played No 10 position, right wing and centre midfield brilliantly. Captained England. He is undoubtedly an English football Legend.

Offline ArchieC

• Legacy Fan
  • Once a Red Always a Red WE BLEED RED!!
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2016, 02:18:27 pm »
Steve Gerrard,
Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's big and he's f*^king hard,
Steve Gerrard,
Gerrard.

It's not a goodbye captain.....it's see you later!

YNWA!!!!
We all bleed RED!!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2016, 02:23:05 pm »

Why did you name him after Michael Owen though? Bad form.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2016, 02:25:40 pm »
Steven Gerrard retires | Exclusive interview with Gary Lineker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cni5bdWtIY

Offline jediwarrior

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2016, 02:30:35 pm »
Amazing player and a true legend. He lifted some average Liverpool sides to great success. How I would love to have seen a Gerrard in his prime in Klopps current Liverpool side.

Offline Skrtelonparole

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2016, 02:43:27 pm »
The embodiment of everything Liverpool Football Club stands for. Absolute Legend.

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2016, 02:45:42 pm »
The reason I started supporting Liverpool. A superb player, a great person and a true inspiration.
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline LFC Boy

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2016, 02:51:01 pm »
I read his statement and kept choking up.

Thank you for everything Captain Fantastic.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2016, 02:53:06 pm »

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
Re: #GERRARD8 Stevie Retires - Share Your Memories Here
« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2016, 03:02:07 pm »
Why did you name him after Michael Owen though? Bad form.
Our family surname is Owen !
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
Re: #GERRARD8 Stevie Retires - Share Your Memories Here
« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2016, 03:05:55 pm »
His performance against West Ham in the FA cup final. Absolutely epitomized his love for the club.
Seen us win everything

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2016, 03:22:44 pm »

Stevie had some good forward knowledge, knocking 2 bellends.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2016, 03:51:43 pm »
He gave me one of the greatest nights I've ever had at Anfield. Olympiakos, 2004. As a 14-year-old boy I'd never seen anything like it.

It is hard to put into words the services he has rendered football.

Thank you, Stevie.