Author Topic: Liverpool v Sunderland November 26th 3pm - Anfield  (Read 23940 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool v Sunderland November 26th 3pm - Anfield
« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2016, 07:14:00 pm »
Interesting to consider, if Moyes had lost the last couple of games a bad result against us would probably ensure his sacking.  But now he has a few good results under his belt it probably wont matter if he loses to us, as Sunderland aren't expecting anything from this game.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2016, 07:19:51 pm »
what's their opinion on the Moyesiah? ;D

I don't think they are overly excited by him to be honest and not getting carried away with their latest 2 wins. 

Not getting excited by David is natural though I'd say :)

Offline Isaacsways

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2016, 07:28:01 pm »
shite club, crap fans, with a manager who's got a face that would scare a burglar's dog... beat them 5-0.... fucking crush the mackem shitebags...

Offline Fluke

• aka the recently dismissed General Consensus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop.
« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2016, 08:17:38 pm »

Not getting excited by David is natural though I'd say :)

That's what his missus says.
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave.
Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave.

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2016, 09:52:54 pm »
Chelsea play Spurs in the later kick off too, every chance a good win sees us go top.

one can never count on Spurs 

The change is cast

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2016, 10:34:20 pm »

We go top for a couple of hours if we win, that's the point I think. But you're right Spurs will fuck up against Chelsea though.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline redintweed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2016, 10:37:51 pm »
Just win. If we are to mount a serious title challenge, we have to beat teams like this. As many have said, there are no easy games in the Premier League. But against teams hovering in or above the relegation zone, it's imperative that we don't drop points against these teams. We did it against Burnley and it would be even more disappointing to do it against a Moyes managed side. There are always going to be blips. Burnley was one, but we can't afford to have too many.

Having said all that, I do think we will win. Maybe not easily, but we have enough to score a few against this mob. As much as I love Sturridge, I wouldn't change the front 3. They are playing quite well and just had a bit of an off day last week. Our Brazilian boys looked tired and that affected our fluency in the final third. Bobby and Phil will hopefully be back to their best this week and tear these a new one.

It is amazing that for all the barbs that Lallana had fired at him in his first season here, we look a poorer side when he isn't playing. I'll throw my hands in the air and admit that while I was excited to sign him (especially after watching him light it up for the Saints), he was quite ordinary in his first season here and I wondered if he would make the transition to a club with huge expectations. But he is like a new signing under Klopp. He just adds so much to the team. In attack and defence he is the perfect link player and now that he has added goals and more assists to his game again, WOW!. To me he is just as valuable as Coutinho. The sooner he is fit the better.

There is not a better sight in football at the moment than watching our beloved team in full flight. Some of our goals this year have been simply breathtaking. Lets hope we see Jurgen's beaming smile again as Firmino slams home our fourth on Saturday afternoon. Come to think of it, Jurgen's beaming smile is a decent sight as well.....
I'd rather play for Liverpool Reserves than Everton.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2016, 11:16:44 pm »
Liverpool vs Leicester 4-1
Liverpool vs Hull City  5-1
Liverpool vs United     0-0
Liverpool vs WBA        2-1
Liverpool vs Watford  6-1

Sunderland:
2 wins (@Bournemouth and Hull)
2 draws (@Southampton and WBA)
8 losses
12 GF, 21 GA...

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2016, 01:57:13 am »
Any win will do just win lads.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2016, 03:00:44 am »
We're boss, they're shite, we've got Klopp, they've got Moyes, we're at home, it's coming up to Christmas, I'm a nobhead...

Yeah, we're gonna twat them.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2016, 03:49:45 am »

I'm not sure about that. When they played City they beat them 2-0 and City had started off with 6 straight wins at the time. Everyone was worried about City running away with the league and it was that result that started City's poor run in the league. They also draw 1-1 with Arsenal, and Arsenal would have been level on points with us had it not been for that. I personally think Chelsea v Spurs will be a draw.

We just need to win our game.
YWNA

Offline vinothmct

• Kopite
« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2016, 04:59:52 am »
*Touchwood* Got a bad feel to this game. Overconfidence from the fans .. Hopefully our players are concentrated if not we will be punished badly. Klopp would have drilled the message to the players.

They are in a un of wins and it wont be easy . Just have to remember what happened at newcastle last season. Home game is an advantage but we have to be on our game. Just win the bloody Game

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2016, 06:09:28 am »
*Touchwood* Got a bad feel to this game. Overconfidence from the fans .. Hopefully our players are concentrated if not we will be punished badly. Klopp would have drilled the message to the players.

They are in a un of wins and it wont be easy . Just have to remember what happened at newcastle last season. Home game is an advantage but we have to be on our game. Just win the bloody Game

Hopefully the Southampton result will have nipped any suggestions of complacency or overconfidence in the bud before they have a chance to become damaging. Would take any win but I think we should *touchwood* ;) win this one fairly comfortably.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #93 on: November 25, 2016, 06:58:48 am »
I can only see a win here, especially after the boys witnessed all those missed chances against Southampton.

3-0.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: November 25, 2016, 07:03:13 am »

It's not over confidence it's confidence. We've played well this season, so are confident in a good performance which will hopefully lead to a good result. We're changing from doubters to believers, not overconfidence/arrogance etc

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: November 25, 2016, 08:28:06 am »
We're too used to the ground falling out from under us in these kinds of games, cocking up just when it matters.  It's natural to be nervous.  It's okay for the fans to be confident though, as long as we're not cocksure.  Klopp will have the team focussed and grounded.  They wont be taking anything about this game for granted.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #96 on: November 25, 2016, 08:30:15 am »

::)

We're second, we're unbeaten at home, we're smashing this sort of team, we have a much better team and much better manager.

Why wouldnt you be confident? Its not overconfidence to think we should win
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline ZeusMetallica

• Kopite
« Reply #97 on: November 25, 2016, 09:57:51 am »
I'm a little nervous for this one.

The boys had a week to prepare for the game, hopefully they'll get the job done.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: November 25, 2016, 09:58:09 am »
We'll either go top if we win or we'll pull 5 or 6 points clear of 5th place. If we're serious about winning the title then we need to win the next four league games anyway.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: November 25, 2016, 10:23:17 am »
Historically the kind of game we've fucked up in/made a meal of. But then some said that before the Hull and West Brom games. We're a different team with a different mentality these days and although they've got David Moyes the football genius in charge I don't think there'll be any complacency in our camp.

Offline dogeibbor

• Anny Roader
  • He wants to come
« Reply #100 on: November 25, 2016, 10:37:05 am »
Is Lallana ready for this game?

Offline redbairn

• Main Stander
« Reply #101 on: November 25, 2016, 10:42:18 am »
Have to agree this kind of game has been a concern in the past but Klopp has totally changed the mindset of the players. 3 or 4 nil Liverpool and a load of other chances missed as well.

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: November 25, 2016, 10:44:21 am »
Is Lallana ready for this game?
No, out for a couple of weeks apparently.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: November 25, 2016, 11:03:33 am »
::)

We're second, we're unbeaten at home, we're smashing this sort of team, we have a much better team and much better manager.

Why wouldnt you be confident? Its not overconfidence to think we should win

Darren Bent on Sky the day after we beat Derby in the league cup, said they looked at our players in the tunnel and could see they had that confidence where they knew they were going to beat Derby. He was not saying that they players thought they were going to just get it easy, but knew they were good enough to win the game and Derby couldn't stop them.  Thats the attitude to take on the pitch tomorrow and for the ground to have.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #104 on: November 25, 2016, 11:09:37 am »
Thats the attitude to take on the pitch tomorrow and for the ground to have.

Sunderland have finally got some momentum and will be desperate to get something from the game. Wee Davie fae Glasgae clearly has his own agenda regarding Anfield. Three points please Reds; a clean sheet and a clinical performance would be a bonus.

Thanks to Sarge for the OP too, nice one Robbie :wave

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: November 25, 2016, 11:36:22 am »
Sunderland have finally got some momentum and will be desperate to get something from the game. Wee Davie fae Glasgae clearly has his own agenda regarding Anfield. Three points please Reds; a clean sheet and a clinical performance would be a bonus.

Thanks to Sarge for the OP too, nice one Robbie :wave

They'll get something alright, a hiding  :D.  I grew up going to Anfield in the 70's and 80's with that dont care who youe are, you're leaving here with nothing attitude and this side are good enough to carry that same attitude.

Only worry I've got is that we need to be clinical, their keeper pulled off a few good saves v Hull and keepers tend to have a blinder at Anfield, but to be honest, they're still shite and we should win this.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: November 25, 2016, 11:55:04 am »
Imagine not being confident about the tricky reds beating a side managed by David Moyes

Offline redbairn

• Main Stander
« Reply #107 on: November 25, 2016, 12:11:54 pm »
Imagine not being confident about the tricky reds beating a side managed by David Moyes

Very confident we'll beat them although i may change my nil prediction to 1, a goal for Defoe who always seems to grab a goal.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: November 25, 2016, 12:21:40 pm »
a goal for Defoe who always seems to grab a goal.

Defoe won't score against us, Matip will eat him for breakfast, then shit him out, then eat him all over again, then shit him out again and call Defoe's PA to scrape the shit from the Anfield pitch and bundle it into his 90% tinted windows 4x4 and drive him back to the North East where Black and White Paul will accidentally run over him while on a very long bike ride. Then he'll clean his bike and wash Jermain Sodding Shithouse Defoe from his tyres into a drain somewhere in Newcastle, where Jermain will drip down into the sewers where he truly belongs.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #109 on: November 25, 2016, 12:41:44 pm »
This game really feels like it's crept up out of no where! I think it was the previous long international break in between games, that's made the past 5 days fly by!

By no means an easy game this, Sunderland finally have their tails up and with Golem calling the shots they'll no doubt play some grim stuff.

That said I think the frustration our players will have felt from picking up just one point last week will prove to be all the motivation they'll need to put these to the sword.

Sarge called it right, 4-0

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: November 25, 2016, 12:42:03 pm »
I'm in two minds about what I'd like to see here; either Sturridge in for one of Can/Wijnaldum (Can for me) or same team as last week. I can see arguments for both. In truth, I suppose, either way we'll win this game comfortably if we hit our performance levels.

An early goal and a quick second and I think their heads go completely - if that happens, and we're in the mood - this could get ridiculous.. Utd's 9-0 is the current PL record, right? If we become completely ruthless and relentless, I think we might beat that with this group of players.

I hope whichever way the selection goes that our subs get some quality minutes, assuming the result is settled. I enjoy the Origi/Sturridge blend and would be good to see it for 30 minutes or so.

I'll say team as follows:

back 5 (Milner), Henderson/Can/Wijnaldum Coutinho/Firmino/Mane.

Liverpool to win by at least 4.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: November 25, 2016, 01:24:47 pm »
Hard to imagine not winning this.  Would be good to see Chelsea drop points too.

Offline TheSpionKopNC

• Main Stander
  • Boom
« Reply #112 on: November 25, 2016, 01:34:15 pm »
Hard to imagine not winning this.  Would be good to see Chelsea drop points too.

go 'arry, go! 

Offline DivisiveNewSigning

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: November 25, 2016, 02:10:40 pm »
Would like to see Sturridge get a start. Can't see the sense in having a midfield 3 of Hendo/Gini/Can against this shower of shite. We'll have much more of the ball regardless I expect.

As someone above summarised - I think Sunderland's first choice defenders would struggle with our attacking play, nevermind John O'Shea. Expect a convincing 4 or 5-0, with maybe a consolation from Defoe.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #114 on: November 25, 2016, 03:21:06 pm »
Would like to see Sturridge get a start. Can't see the sense in having a midfield 3 of Hendo/Gini/Can against this shower of shite. We'll have much more of the ball regardless I expect.

:o

Why? Never midn 'see sense'. What you say makes no sense. We had 3 in midfield v's Hull, Watford, Palace etc etc.

You want 2 in midfield?  That is well, kinda odd!

Why change a good thing, leave them as they are. Sturridge can start vs Leeds.

The boys need to be ready for a double decker bus too:

‘We will go there and make it difficult for Liverpool. Anybody who plays against Liverpool has to park the double-decker bus, but we also have two centre forwards scoring goals.’ David Moyes
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 03:23:14 pm by Die Nullfünfer »

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #115 on: November 25, 2016, 03:22:02 pm »
David Moyes on how he's going to set Sunderland up to play against us.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11695/10671375/sunderland-boss-david-moyes-dismisses-poor-anfield-record

"Anybody who plays against Liverpool has to park the double-decker bus, but we also have two centre forwards scoring goals.

"You can't kid yourself on. They're in good form and are a good team and if you offered me a draw I'd shake your hand now and say thanks."
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: November 25, 2016, 03:28:07 pm »
David Moyes on how he's going to set Sunderland up to play against us.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11695/10671375/sunderland-boss-david-moyes-dismisses-poor-anfield-record

I know there's being realistic and fair do's for that, but the manager of a football club should never downplay the possibilities for his team.  Its his job to motivate after all.

Of course they could win.......it is possible..............

In general he just winds me up......is such a negative manager.  He was coming out with such pessimistic statements about his team before the season hardly begun. 

Offline DivisiveNewSigning

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: November 25, 2016, 03:30:31 pm »
:o

Why? Never midn 'see sense'. What you say makes no sense. We had 3 in midfield v's Hull, Watford, Palace etc etc.

You want 2 in midfield?  That is well, kinda odd!

Why change a good thing, leave them as they are. Sturridge can start vs Leeds.

The boys need to be ready for a double decker bus too:

Watford and Palace aren't half bad teams, Sunderland however are simply awful.

It's not a 2-man midfield either. It's Phil dropping into Lallana's deeper position as he did against Swansea. I don't think Can has been fully "at it" recently. While there's the argument to keep playing him back into form, I'd like to see Sturridge get a game - get a goal or two, get his confidence up. If we're going to challenge for the title, we'll need to rotate at some point whether that's through injuries, suspensions, Mane going to the AFCON... This game seems like the perfect opportunity for it.

As a side note, leave out the condescension next time mate.

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #118 on: November 25, 2016, 03:53:43 pm »
We will concede, I think.
Seven - one.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: November 25, 2016, 04:28:13 pm »
Moyes is bring a double decker bus....Haha.

By half time he'll be wishing he had brought a triple decker bus.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."