Author Topic: FT: Liverpool 6 vs Watford 1 - (Mane 27' 59', Phil 30', Can 43' Firmino 56' Wij)  (Read 51341 times)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
The Joy of Six
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
The Joy of Six

Just listened to that. Good stuff.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed

Just listened to that. Good stuff.

Take the glass away from the wall then ye pervy bastard.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Had to give this one another watch ;D.  Loved the fact that in the lead up to our first goal you could see them coming to terms with just how hard this game was going to be for them.  Every time they cleared the ball we won it back instantly and started another wave of attacks.  We just kept turning the screw until they couldn't handle the pressure anymore.  It was brilliant. 

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
Past experience - like Spurs last years - is that a team can run out of steam if it plays at a high tempo and there was some evidence with us last season. The difference is that we have had a full pre-season and we have more strength in depth with players all trained to play the same way. 

We had a lot of cup games last season too.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Take the glass away from the wall then ye pervy bastard.

Not till I've finished.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
It's a bit tough not to get reeeeeeeally optimistic, isn't it?

For sure it is, and we should be optimistic and enjoy the ride because it's exhilarating. When I look at our schedule up until New Year's Eve compared to what the other top teams have I start getting ahead of myself thinking about what could potentially happen.

By the same token we should remain grounded. We haven't won anything yet. It's a long race, and the league is incredibly competitive. The team just needs to stay focused and forget about all the hysteria that is building up around them.
YWNA

Offline Almo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I love how in control Henderson looks. Full of confidence and composure, great watching him yesterday enforcing what he wanted to happen and taking charge of situations.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We had a lot of cup games last season too.

Yeah didn't we play something like 60 odd games last season and will play around 45-50 this, dependant on cup runs.  That reduction is more than a 4 week winter break surely.

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
We were 'awful' (by our lofty standards these days) in the first 15 mins. Then the gears clicked and we went flying. Good game - it wasn't a walk in the park either because Karius was tested several times and he did really well. Everyone played well and played a part in a well deserved, joy-to-watch game. Bring on anyone.....

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
Past experience - like Spurs last years - is that a team can run out of steam if it plays at a high tempo and there was some evidence with us last season. The difference is that we have had a full pre-season and we have more strength in depth with players all trained to play the same way.

Just compare this years squad with last year and you see how much stronger the squad is...

... Not necessarily numbers-wise, but just stronger (with the additions of Karius, Matip, Klavan, Wijnaldum, and Mané), along with the emergence of youngsters like Ejaria, Grujic, Trent, Ojo, etc. Overall there just seems to be more quality and a much more stream-lined collection of players.

It's also a big bonus to have found a good role for Milner who has shored up the LB slot.

2015/16 squad:

Mignolet
                         Bogdan

Clyne         Skrtel       Lovren      Moreno
Flanagan   Toure       Sakho       Smith
Randall      Gomez     Caulker     Enrique

Henderson   Can
                Allen             Lucas
               Brannagan    Stewart

Milner          Firmino          Coutinho
Ibe              Lallana          Ojo

Sturridge
                  Benteke
                  Origi
                  Ings

2016/17 Squad:

Karius
                       Mignolet

Clyne       Matip       Lovren         Milner
Trent       Gomez      Klavan        Moreno

Henderson  Wijnaldum
              Lucas           Can
              Stewart       Grujic
              Brannagan 

Mané             Lallana            Coutinho
Ojo                Ejaria

Firmino
                    Sturridge
                    Origi
                    Ings

Looking long-term it'll be interesting to see how highly regarded Wilson, Kent, Ojo, and Woodburn are, as the only position the first team isn't well-stocked with is wingers - as Klopp himself said just last week:

"It’s not about how many strikers. Three strikers is enough, I think. But when Sadio is away we will be without a winger. We do not have many wingers, I would say. Roberto Firmino could play as a kind of a winger which would then just give us two strikers. That’s how it is."

Other than that, it's a strong team with excellent options off the bench.

Offline Bold Warrior

• Anny Roader
I think we could have had 9 or 10. After 5-0(with half an hour left) Liverpool seemed to relax a little. That`s impressive. 6 goals and I don`t think we used all our gears,
Re watching on MOTD i counted 6 more real chances where on another day we might have scored,thinking of the Lucas effort from 6yds,Firminos scuff,Sturridge hitting the bar twice.12-1 would have been impressive.My god we are brilliant at the moment.

Offline Ale-lujah! Ale-lujah!

• Main Stander
I've seen them all . But if this lot carry on at this rate til the end of the season they'll without any doubt rank as the finest we've ever seen at Anfield. The quality of the stuff they're churning out as a team at the moment is unreal.

Big ask though.

Can they and Kloppie sustain it til May?

:)

Some claim that Timbo.

I do know where you're coming from though. There was a 15 minute spell against Palace which has to be up there with anything I've seen from us. And sunday was along the same lines. You could well be right if do manage to keep it up.

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
or we could build up such a lead, that we might have the league won by march  :D

Offline Halibut-Thumb

• I apologise for my shit user name and piss-poor spelling. You know, my friends and family tell me they are surprised I couldn't think of anything better. Ah well, such is life.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • Lesbian ham?
We are so good right now, we only have to turn up for half an hour and we are virtually guaranteed a win against anyone.
In Soviet Russia, fish fingers you.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
This season we have shown that we can conjure 15-20 minutes of absolute magic to simply blow teams away. Simply pummel them into submission. Watford was not the first time. The 15-20 minutes at the start of the second half at Emirates was incredible in case people have forgotten. Had we not taken our foot off and let Arsenal crept in, we would have scored one or two more goals after our fourth and that would not have flattered us
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size

I think the difference this year, compared to last year is we are running shorter but smarter. It's noticeable that Kloop critised the energy we wasted second half.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan

Think my main concern - if concern it may be - is that keeping the likes of Sturridge as a sub for league games may leave him in a state of permanent rustiness.  I know he's banging them in the league cup, but at some point I feel he needs to be starting league games.  It's only a niggling concern though.

As for missing Mane in January, hell just put Milner out on the wing!  He seems to play awesome just about everywhere on the pitch.  Left or Right, I don't think it matters!  ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Think my main concern - if concern it may be - is that keeping the likes of Sturridge as a sub for league games may leave him in a state of permanent rustiness.  I know he's banging them in the league cup, but at some point I feel he needs to be starting league games.  It's only a niggling concern though.

I think we'll see him and Origi play a lot more after the internationals - with at least one of the two Brazilians probably not starting at Southampton given their travelling and then our League Cup match, the Christmas fixture schedule and the FA Cup - there'll be a number of matches to use Sturridge. Our front three at present picks itself and so disrupting that will feel like weakening the side but it's going to be necessary over the coming months think. And Sturridge isn't a bad player to bring in.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
And the most important football news of the day is of course.....

What biased/tw@ish editorial is that.

I know I'm picking up on something that's two days old, but this level of fretting over what the media are saying (and often getting it wrong) is ridiculous. That's the 'live' feed summary. The United game was still live. The BBC main football page then had us at the top story all evening.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
I see your Aspas and raise you a Borini

I always remember Victor Moses coming on in the infamous game at Palace and at 3-3 he missed a sitter from about four inches out. Had we had a more capable bench then we may have nicked that game 3-4 and who knows what happens then. Coulda, woulda, shoulda....but it just enforces the point that instead of Borini, Aspas and Moses we have the likes of Sturridge and Origi to come on and impact a game.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

No Europe this season will help us with burnout as well.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
I know this gets said often but I really hate International breaks, and they always seem to come when we need them the least. Feels like forever till we play Soton >:(
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I know this gets said often but I really hate International breaks, and they always seem to come when we need them the least. Feels like forever till we play Soton >:(

It's a pain isn't it. I've absolutely no interest in international football anymore. Can't wait for the reds to play again. Just hope nobody gets injured while away.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/y3_Yn9yiGs4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/y3_Yn9yiGs4</a>

I could watch this all day.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/y3_Yn9yiGs4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/y3_Yn9yiGs4</a>

With the volume turned down though... Why do people insist on putting such utterly shite music with their videos?

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
With the volume turned down though... Why do people insist on putting such utterly shite music with their videos?

dudududududu  ;D
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
dudududududu  ;D

Haha! It's bloody awful. ;D

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Video? Oh yes!

That audio? I'm with Sol on this one...
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
Yep, almost all Youtube footy montages have some shit happy hardcore over the top. Can never ever get through it.

Give me the commentary, or even better, the crowd audio, anyday.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline cipher

• Kopite
  • Southport & Toronto
I always remember Victor Moses coming on in the infamous game at Palace and at 3-3 he missed a sitter from about four inches out. Had we had a more capable bench then we may have nicked that game 3-4 and who knows what happens then. Coulda, woulda, shoulda....but it just enforces the point that instead of Borini, Aspas and Moses we have the likes of Sturridge and Origi to come on and impact a game.

That draw meant absolutely nothing.   Winning that game by a goal or two was the same result as drawing as far as our chances of catching Man City were concerned.  The reason we drew that game was because we were trying to eliminate the goal differential between us and City, which I believe at the time was 6, which left us exposed at the back. 

That season turned on the previous loss to Chelsea.  Draw Chelsea and we would have won the title.  Yes, Gerrard slipped, but I also remember a ball falling to Suarez in the box that he blazed wide.  It just wasn't meant to be.  However, falling short that season and the subsequent failings paved the way for Klopp and the inspired team we are witnessing now.  Imagine if in 10-15 years we can look back and say that Gerrard's slip was a crucial stepping stone to the latest Liverpool dynasty!  :)
Raúl barely had a kick. The nearest he got to greatness was when he shook Gerrard by the hand.   Times - Mar 10,2009.

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
That draw meant absolutely nothing.   Winning that game by a goal or two was the same result as drawing as far as our chances of catching Man City were concerned.  The reason we drew that game was because we were trying to eliminate the goal differential between us and City, which I believe at the time was 6, which left us exposed at the back. 

That season turned on the previous loss to Chelsea.  Draw Chelsea and we would have won the title.  Yes, Gerrard slipped, but I also remember a ball falling to Suarez in the box that he blazed wide.  It just wasn't meant to be.  However, falling short that season and the subsequent failings paved the way for Klopp and the inspired team we are witnessing now.  Imagine if in 10-15 years we can look back and say that Gerrard's slip was a crucial stepping stone to the latest Liverpool dynasty!  :)

That is a most positive way to look at one of the most distressing, depressing and disastrous footballing events of recent year: No slip, no Klopp. I hope we see it pay off in the years ahead.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
No hug for Coutinho when he was subbed off. Judging from what I know of body language, he's packing his bags already :(

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
No hug for Coutinho when he was subbed off. Judging from what I know of body language, he's packing his bags already :(

Barca already have a secret bid in from what I understand  ;D

Or at least you'd think so by some of the bedwetting in the Coutinho thread!

Offline Koprich

• Fan categorisation police.
  • Kopite

Somewhat muted reactions from the subs bench behind him though. Maybe I'm naive but was expecting a bigger celebration than a polite clap when we scored.

Offline Redshadow

• Legacy Fan
  • Wir schaffen es diesmal mit Herrn Klopp
Just watch Liverpool YouTube channel, Inside Anfield. It feels good to see how even Watford supporters can only smile after the goal scored by Can. I guess there are things you can't do much about, so better enjoy it. 
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 12:50:36 am by Redshadow »
Whatever an education is, it should make you a unique individual, not a conformist; it should furnish you with an original spirit to tackle big challenges; it should allow you to find values to road map through life; it should make you spiritually rich, a person who loves whatever you are doing, wherever you are.

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan

He was clapped by Klopp all the way as he walked off the pitch, then a handshake. Or maybe you are being sarcastic and I missed it?